Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:56:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Notre Dame destroyed by fire  (Read 13631 times)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2019, 09:27:16 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2019, 09:44:34 PM by TECSHARE

This was not arson. Arson was ruled out pretty quickly.

Yes, valid arson investigations usually last hours do they? I am sure this supposed declaration before the place even stopped burning is totally legitimate.

"Notre Dame fire 2019-04-15 - Person moving and flash on the roof?" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgfYYMjpf1s

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
robbylove

Activity: 420
Merit: 31

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 11:29:59 PM

@wilikon: minds.com - gab.com - dissenter.com
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 11:40:57 PM

Yes, valid arson investigations usually last hours do they? I am sure this supposed declaration before the place even stopped burning is totally legitimate.

"Notre Dame fire 2019-04-15 - Person moving and flash on the roof?" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgfYYMjpf1s
“There is no indication that this was a deliberate act,” Paris prosecutor Rémi Heitz told a press conference Tuesday morning, adding that investigators considered an accident the most likely cause.

So what are you saying?  Is Remi Heitz not a valid investigator? Why not?  I don't know anything about him and am simply repeating what the authorities have said.  Tell me more...

I'm not protecting the church but I think that their money is not enough to restore the church. It takes millions I guess to do that.
The catholic church's reported assets are 30 billion and they also hold ~15% of the Italian stock market value.  None of this is counting the real estate, art, and antiquities which no one knows the true value of.  Their wealth and power is unrivaled. 
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 01:49:32 AM

“There is no indication that this was a deliberate act,” Paris prosecutor Rémi Heitz told a press conference Tuesday morning, adding that investigators considered an accident the most likely cause.

So what are you saying?  Is Remi Heitz not a valid investigator? Why not?  I don't know anything about him and am simply repeating what the authorities have said.  Tell me more...

I am simply pointing out the obvious fact that legitimate arson investigations done with proper due diligence aren't completed before all the embers are extinguished. I am not claiming the Earth is flat here, this is common sense.
mOgliE (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 07:14:10 AM

The building was not lost, it was damaged.  It is only temporarily lost and was always going to be repaired.  It sucks but worse things happen everyday.
parts are gone forever though. Some artworks will never be done again.
I'm criticizing the lack of perspective and your exaggeration "loss of nd" is more evidence of that lack of perspective. I'm criticizing the worshipping of material by Christians.  I understand that the loss of a symbol is considered a national tragedy and that is my point.  Valuing a material symbol over the lives of hundreds of people is a disgusting choice and not a choice that even has to be made.  You could value both but choose to value the building over the people and that is where I lay criticism.  
Building is often more important than human life. It seems you don't understand that human life isn't precious at all. It's very cheap. Humans reproduce pretty fast and 99% of them are patheticly identical. There is nothing precious in human life.

Sometimes though, humans manage to do extraordinary things, and those things they build are precious. I would be more sad of the loss of Notre Dame or Versailles or the Schönbrunn castle than of the death of 2 millions people. Because 2 millions human life isn't worth much. 131 millions human are born every year, how can one life be precious? Humans are one of the most disposable resource we have, if not THE most disposable ressource.
No one said the loss of Notre Dame would be ok.  Its a cultural loss.  The connection is that it shows where your values and perspective are.  As a country, you are responsible for damage to so many people's Notre Dame's and hardly bat an eye.
Because they aren't ours... You do understand that what is not yours is less important to you that what is yours no? If you want an example, you'll be pretty sad if terrorists killed your wife/husband even though as a country you have killed millions of loved ones accross the world.
You are crying about a cracked phone in a metaphorical room with people who have lost loved ones, and everything dear to them.  Thats where its tone-deaf.  So many people have nothing and people who took everything are devastated about damage to one building.
No, I'm crying about a cracked phone in a metaphorical room with ONLY people with badass phones, who are wealthy as fuck and lack nothing. The ones poor, dying and having lost everything are in the streets, not with us.
I'm complaining because things like "UN issues appeal for 4.4 billion in emergency funds to deal with famine" happen and are hardly a story but when the wealthiest institution in the history of the world has one building catch fire, support and donations pour in from around the world.  This event is proof that society can pool their global attention onto an issue and collect resources to solve it within hours.  We could do both without communism.
No we couldn't. Our whole system is based on the explotation of others. For 600 millions of people having our occidental lifestyle, we need nearly 7 billions people working more or less for us. We're blue blood in their castle while peasants die of famine in the near village. We can't just "share" and "pool our ressources". That would be the end of our society as it BASED on human explotation and violence.
Imagine a world where life on Earth is valued as a symbol for life on Earth.
https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/notre-dame-case-misplaced-empathy-190416175229594.html
Your article is dumb as hell.
Everyone is pooling on this not because it is an autority symbol, but because it's easy and non controversial. Everyone can say "oh we're so sorry, we're here to help" knowing that in worse case scenario they'll have to send 5 millions for this which is nothing. While if anyone would say that for Africa famines for example, it would be completely hypocritical as we NEED those famines. They're what allow us to control this continent and its ressources.

We will NEVER help Africa simply because the suffering of Africa is OUR happiness.

Is it too hard to understand?
No need for this virtue signaling. Your part of a horrible, inhumane system dear.

darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 09:09:32 AM

No doubt that this work of art is in the history, the sad part for me is that rich people in Europe can give $700M(If I am not mistaken) to rebuild the said church and why can't they do the same thing to solve poverty. Are they having this mindset that it might saved them from all their sins?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 11:23:17 AM

Man with gas cans arrested at St. Patrick’s church in NYC https://www.apnews.com/ae918e45ffcb45399afb87376cf15c6a
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 12:12:27 PM

i think it would be smarter to give up notre dame instead of making it a neverending construction side and budget black hole in france and europe

Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 12:58:28 PM

I'm getting very suspicious of all these events and disasters. Now we know that the electrical failure in Venezuela was caused by Washington

Seriously, nobody but you would spit such stupidity. Washington what, Maduro neglected our electric grid. Stop spreading lies about a country you have never even been to... Whats next, haarp produced the earthquake? Your kind seems to never learn, the more you speak these the more a fool you make of yourself.

Of course you don't care a cultural heritage burns, like Mao (and Maduro), you probably dance in happiness when these tragedies occur, what with "the symbols of exploitation", just hold your red book high marching proud, what could ever possibly go wrong when the "new man" comes?

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 03:44:10 PM

Yeah Notre Dame was destroyed by fire. So what? I am a Catholic but can you call me brain damaged if I personally think that those people that helped the chruch to rebuilt are hypocrites? Is church are now open just to have business?
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 05:14:36 PM

I saw on Twitter that there is already a found raising for the building of the Dome that was burn by fire although investigation over the cause of the fire is ingoing and the found raising have recorded significant amount amounting to millions of dollars.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 07:38:11 PM

Very, very sad. I hope this was an accident, but I wonder how this could happen. Notre Dame has always been crowded when I was there, alarm should have been raised within minutes after the fire started. I'm also thinking that wood which is several centuries old should be very difficult to ignite. I hope the truth will be known, finally, I'm very sad for all Catholics. This happening just before Easter, it's terrible.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 07:56:21 PM

875 Churches Vandalized In France Triggers Notre Dame CONSPIRACIES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35_UTCxKt2c
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 10:22:20 PM

It looks like they have gotten past the $1bil mark in donations to rebuild the cathedral.  I heard it will take much more for the project.  I hope more generous donations come in soon to get this great monument back up again.   
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 03:35:58 AM

It looks like they have gotten past the $1bil mark in donations to rebuild the cathedral.  I heard it will take much more for the project.  I hope more generous donations come in soon to get this great monument back up again.   

such pointless trash, rebuilding a chatedral of a religon a big portion of the population doesnt care anymore.

Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 04:30:29 PM

such pointless trash, rebuilding a chatedral of a religon a big portion of the population doesnt care anymore.
If they just donated that big amount to those who are in needs or in those in depressed area in the world. They could make a difference. It such a sad feeling that church are just for business only.
johan11

Activity: 480
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 05:08:19 PM

IF any coin exchange list the KATz coin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1339689.200

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1942272.100

i send 10 000 000 Katz to do donate Notre dame   Shocked Shocked

kakonhat

Activity: 1106
Merit: 11

Crypto in my Blood

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 05:30:39 AM

It's very very sad news. There are many lives affected by this accident. Man loves peace but some of the peoples are doing very detestable work. I hate those peoples who are looks like peoples but they are savage.

bisdak40

Activity: 2268
Merit: 547

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 07:53:59 AM

They can rebuild it if they want but is it really worthy to spend that much money. There are places that badly needed help and it might be appropriate to put that $1 bil there. There are a lot of centuries old churches in France where people seldom go. They seem not to care for it anymore.
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 02:01:32 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2019, 04:47:33 PM by coins4commies

No one said the loss of Notre Dame would be ok.  Its a cultural loss.  The connection is that it shows where your values and perspective are.  As a country, you are responsible for damage to so many people's Notre Dame's and hardly bat an eye.
Because they aren't ours... You do understand that what is not yours is less important to you that what is yours no? If you want an example, you'll be pretty sad if terrorists killed your wife/husband even though as a country you have killed millions of loved ones accross the world.

You have to realize that the millions of people dying around the world are all fathers sons mothers, daughters and wives.  

Just to be clear, France is full of sensible people.  So is the west.  A lot of times it goes unnoticed as a silent majority in a society drowned out by peer pressure and reactionary social media posts.  Deep down, i don't believe most westerners are so archaic in their morality.  

Yellow vests have called for a day of violence in response to this magical production of money nobody had when it came to meeting basic needs of the country.  

"You're there, looking at all these millions accumulating, after spending five months in the streets fighting social and fiscal injustice. It's breaking my heart," Ingrid Levavasseur, a founding leader of the movement, told the Associated Press ahead of another round of planned protests across France this weekend.

"What happened at Notre-Dame is obviously a deplorable tragedy. But nobody died," Levavasseur said. "I've heard someone speaking of national mourning. Are they out of their minds?"
On Macron
"It took him less than 24 hours to speak about the fire, while he made us wait for three weeks before addressing our issues," she said.

"The Yellow Vests will show their anger against the billion found in four days for stones, and nothing for the needy," wrote Pierre Derrien on the Facebook page of a Yellow Vests group based in the southern city of Montpellier.

"If they can give dozens of millions to rebuild Notre-Dame, they should stop telling us there is no money to respond to the social emergency," said CGT trade union leader Philippe Martinez.

Unfortunately, the corporate media will not report any of this sentiment, nor will they report the police use of teargas and beating of protesters.  The images are a threat to capitalism.  

https://www.france24.com/en/20190420-france-yellow-vests-protests-violence-notre-dame-fire-anger-riot-billion-restoration
Solidarity with people not buildings.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: