Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:02:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Notre Dame destroyed by fire  (Read 13631 times)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 08:16:20 PM

No one said the loss of Notre Dame would be ok.  Its a cultural loss.  The connection is that it shows where your values and perspective are.  As a country, you are responsible for damage to so many people's Notre Dame's and hardly bat an eye.
Because they aren't ours... You do understand that what is not yours is less important to you that what is yours no? If you want an example, you'll be pretty sad if terrorists killed your wife/husband even though as a country you have killed millions of loved ones accross the world.

You have to realize that the millions of people dying around the world are all fathers sons mothers, daughters and wives.  

Just to be clear, France is full of sensible people.  So is the west.  A lot of times it goes unnoticed as a silent majority in a society drowned out by peer pressure and reactionary social media posts.  Deep down, i don't believe most westerners are so archaic in their morality.  

Yellow vests have called for a day of violence in response to this magical production of money nobody had when it came to meeting basic needs of the country.  

"You're there, looking at all these millions accumulating, after spending five months in the streets fighting social and fiscal injustice. It's breaking my heart," Ingrid Levavasseur, a founding leader of the movement, told the Associated Press ahead of another round of planned protests across France this weekend.

"What happened at Notre-Dame is obviously a deplorable tragedy. But nobody died," Levavasseur said. "I've heard someone speaking of national mourning. Are they out of their minds?"
On Macron
"It took him less than 24 hours to speak about the fire, while he made us wait for three weeks before addressing our issues," she said.

"The Yellow Vests will show their anger against the billion found in four days for stones, and nothing for the needy," wrote Pierre Derrien on the Facebook page of a Yellow Vests group based in the southern city of Montpellier.

"If they can give dozens of millions to rebuild Notre-Dame, they should stop telling us there is no money to respond to the social emergency," said CGT trade union leader Philippe Martinez.

Unfortunately, the corporate media will not report any of this sentiment, nor will they report the police use of teargas and beating of protesters.  The images are a threat to capitalism.  

https://www.france24.com/en/20190420-france-yellow-vests-protests-violence-notre-dame-fire-anger-riot-billion-restoration
Solidarity with people not buildings.

A day of violence? Horse shit. This stinks like it was drowned in a vat of pig shit and psyops. The yellow vests have been actively seeking peaceful resistance, the violence only came after infiltrators arrived to muddy the waters and make the entire movement look violent. This is the problem with headless organizations, they are easily infiltrated. I warned about this. They did the same thing with Occupy Wallstreet. One day we had the left and the right starting to realize how much we had in common, the next day everything was infiltrated by a bunch of commies and it was  "consensus by hand sparkle".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 10:46:41 PM

It looks like they have gotten past the $1bil mark in donations to rebuild the cathedral.  I heard it will take much more for the project.  I hope more generous donations come in soon to get this great monument back up again.    

such pointless trash, rebuilding a chatedral of a religon a big portion of the population doesnt care anymore.
If they just donated that big amount to those who are in needs or in those in depressed area in the world. They could make a difference. It such a sad feeling that church are just for business only.

the people donate to what could help them, its simply that the french are rich.

i dont mind if the french invest into other things in france, i simply think notre dame will be not a good investment and they will be scammed by those restoration companies over and over again.

same like the greeks.

it will be painful to watch from germany as germany has the same currency with those people

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 04:10:30 AM

The Left's Disturbing Take On The Notre Dame Fire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnJ2-JWeaGY
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 07:16:19 AM

It looks like they have gotten past the $1bil mark in donations to rebuild the cathedral.  I heard it will take much more for the project.  I hope more generous donations come in soon to get this great monument back up again.    

such pointless trash, rebuilding a chatedral of a religon a big portion of the population doesnt care anymore.
If they just donated that big amount to those who are in needs or in those in depressed area in the world. They could make a difference. It such a sad feeling that church are just for business only.

i dont mind if the french invest into other things in france, i simply think notre dame will be not a good investment and they will be scammed by those restoration companies over and over again.

same like the greeks.

it will be painful to watch from germany as germany has the same currency with those people

Your comment is full of racism not only for a European country such as Greece, but maybe for all the European countries and you are off topic.

Notre Dame's fire is a huge cultural disaster and it affects the whole region.
We still need to find the causes and then take the precaution measures that needs to protect the region from future similar events. These are the most important actions that we need to take now, and not trying to take advantage of the situation to spread hate among nations.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 07:46:35 AM

Building is often more important than human life. It seems you don't understand that human life isn't precious at all. It's very cheap. Humans reproduce pretty fast and 99% of them are patheticly identical. There is nothing precious in human life.

Sometimes though, humans manage to do extraordinary things, and those things they build are precious. I would be more sad of the loss of Notre Dame or Versailles or the Schönbrunn castle than of the death of 2 millions people. Because 2 millions human life isn't worth much. 131 millions human are born every year, how can one life be precious? Humans are one of the most disposable resource we have, if not THE most disposable ressource.

I agree that it is a significant loss by fire but your comparison does not look good. Comparing a human life with some building is not at all valid comparision. I am somewhat disappointed also that you are taking human life as "cheap".

I am alive
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 08:44:08 AM

same like the greeks.

Your comment is full of racism not only for a European country such as Greece, but maybe for all the European countries and you are off topic.

Notre Dame's fire is a huge cultural disaster and it affects the whole region.
We still need to find the causes and then take the precaution measures that needs to protect the region from future similar events. These are the most important actions that we need to take now, and not trying to take advantage of the situation to spread hate among nations.

nope its not racist, its simply financial. the greeks werent able to finish their athena temple since decades they are only throwing money away there, they cant work with money.

i am one of the least racist persons in the world

mOgliE (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 08:10:54 AM

No one said the loss of Notre Dame would be ok.  Its a cultural loss.  The connection is that it shows where your values and perspective are.  As a country, you are responsible for damage to so many people's Notre Dame's and hardly bat an eye.
Because they aren't ours... You do understand that what is not yours is less important to you that what is yours no? If you want an example, you'll be pretty sad if terrorists killed your wife/husband even though as a country you have killed millions of loved ones accross the world.

You have to realize that the millions of people dying around the world are all fathers sons mothers, daughters and wives.  
And? How does this change anything? Again, humans bread like bacteria, human life is probably the cheapest ressource we have. Human life is worth nothing.
Just to be clear, France is full of sensible people.  So is the west.  A lot of times it goes unnoticed as a silent majority in a society drowned out by peer pressure and reactionary social media posts.  Deep down, i don't believe most westerners are so archaic in their morality.  
Of course they are!!! People buy blood diamons, cheap electronics shit that are made by children, clothing made in horrible conditions... They do that everyday! They don't care! People ARE horrible why are you trying to give them excuses!!!
Yellow vests have called for a day of violence in response to this magical production of money nobody had when it came to meeting basic needs of the country.  

"You're there, looking at all these millions accumulating, after spending five months in the streets fighting social and fiscal injustice. It's breaking my heart," Ingrid Levavasseur, a founding leader of the movement, told the Associated Press ahead of another round of planned protests across France this weekend.

"What happened at Notre-Dame is obviously a deplorable tragedy. But nobody died," Levavasseur said. "I've heard someone speaking of national mourning. Are they out of their minds?"
On Macron
"It took him less than 24 hours to speak about the fire, while he made us wait for three weeks before addressing our issues," she said.

"The Yellow Vests will show their anger against the billion found in four days for stones, and nothing for the needy," wrote Pierre Derrien on the Facebook page of a Yellow Vests group based in the southern city of Montpellier.

"If they can give dozens of millions to rebuild Notre-Dame, they should stop telling us there is no money to respond to the social emergency," said CGT trade union leader Philippe Martinez.

Unfortunately, the corporate media will not report any of this sentiment, nor will they report the police use of teargas and beating of protesters.  The images are a threat to capitalism.  

https://www.france24.com/en/20190420-france-yellow-vests-protests-violence-notre-dame-fire-anger-riot-billion-restoration
Solidarity with people not buildings.
And so? It doesn't change anything.
Notre-Dame is a tragedy. Stop trying to say it isn't. The fact that our society is even a bigger tragedy doesn't change that.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: