Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:55:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Notre Dame destroyed by fire  (Read 13631 times)
mOgliE (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 08:10:41 AM

Yesterday flame burned down Notre Dame at paris, the 850 years old cathedral has suffered unprecedented damages after a night of fire despite the work of the firefighters:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47941794

An investigation was started this morning to know if the fire was criminal or accidental. As the cathedrale was under renovation and the fire started at the location of the renovation work where the chemical products and machines were stored, accidental origin is a privileged explanation right now.

Still, as the number of vandalism and started fire of French churches only grew these last years, suspicion of a criminal burning can't be completely discarded.

Governments and people worldwide have expressed there sympathies for this huge cultural loss and offered their help (whatever that means).

I'm in Paris, I've visited the cathedrale a few times, I can confirm the burning hurted it deeply. It was a wonderful monument, even if I'm not too fond of the symbols of the past and of religion, it's really sad to see that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yeosaga

Activity: 223
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 09:04:37 AM

It is sad to see something that has been around for so long get damaged so badly. I hope this wasn't something malicious.

!ooh
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 09:05:47 AM

Yeah I watch it on the news yesterday the Notre Dame fire  was so devastating and the cause of the fire is still unknown and I hope that the investigators will fine out the real cause of the fire.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2019, 09:37:12 AM

Yesterday flame burned down Notre Dame at paris, the 850 years old cathedral has suffered unprecedented damages after a night of fire despite the work of the firefighters:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47941794

An investigation was started this morning to know if the fire was criminal or accidental. As the cathedrale was under renovation and the fire started at the location of the renovation work where the chemical products and machines were stored, accidental origin is a privileged explanation right now.

Still, as the number of vandalism and started fire of French churches only grew these last years, suspicion of a criminal burning can't be completely discarded.

Governments and people worldwide have expressed there sympathies for this huge cultural loss and offered their help (whatever that means).

I'm in Paris, I've visited the cathedrale a few times, I can confirm the burning hurted it deeply. It was a wonderful monument, even if I'm not too fond of the symbols of the past and of religion, it's really sad to see that.

13 century cidar wood roof, that can burn of course.

PIOUPIOU99
Copper Member

Activity: 293
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 10:05:06 AM

Sad, the time of investigation and the truth, many questions. Thanks to our firefighters, brave as always
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1538

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 10:20:36 AM

Architecture could be repaired. I am just glad and hoping for no human casualty occurred in this accident.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2019, 11:41:17 AM

Architecture could be repaired.

But much of the artwork can't.

I'm getting very suspicious of all these events and disasters. Now we know that the electrical failure in Venezuela was caused by Washington, and it's suspicious that many flooding and other "natural" disasters seem to occur in countries that Washington wants to invade or force a regime change. The military elite have already announced that they are able to use flooding, high winds and drought as weapons of war. I just hope that it really was an accident, and that it wasn't Macron trying another fake trick to demonise the Gilet Jaune.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Obao6

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 11:48:58 AM

They should have listened to Trump and send the water tankers.
Hahaha and this guy rules the most powerful nation in the world. Sorry that's not funny but the guy's a complete moron.
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 11:56:35 AM

And has anyone ever been arrested for previous vandalism? People have been joking the government would blame this on Quasimodo.

We almost never see these mentioned in the news, I don't even know church burnings is a thing in France now. If it wasn't Notre Dame, we probably wouldn't even hear about this.
mOgliE (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 12:02:28 PM

And has anyone ever been arrested for previous vandalism? People have been joking the government would blame this on Quasimodo.

We almost never see these mentioned in the news, I don't even know church burnings is a thing in France now. If it wasn't Notre Dame, we probably wouldn't even hear about this.

Problem is that they never catch anyone.

The vandals aren't protected or whatever like some conspiracists like to say, but churches are by nature open buildings where anyone can enter. And in lots of places at any hour. It makes it easy to destroy them.

JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1538

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 12:03:20 PM

Architecture could be repaired.
But much of the artwork can't.

It's true and one of the many perspectives about how we look at this accident. I choose to look at positive that No one got hurt here, life is more important to me in comparison to Art. and I am an artist by profession.

And if by any chance French not able to create a replica of lost Art then Chinese can surely help them because they are very good at it.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Trifixion713

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 12:31:22 PM

Truly sad, when I first saw the news break-in and the images, I was shot-back to 9/11. Hopefully this turns out to be purely accidental. Hopefully.
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 12:36:13 PM

From what I heard on the news, this is all very strange as they had a hell of a security system there : the area was restricted, they had guards, fire alarms of course...
But most of the Cathedral was also very old, some of its structure dating from the 13th century and not being renewed since.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 01:27:53 PM

The global tragedy is that modern architects do not use any kind of artwork in their buildings. That's the last trend in the architecture: to build some so-called "minimalistic" buildings from concrete and glass, get huge money for that and be happy. For the first time those buildings may look unusual but in a couple years after everyone get used to those innovations, it will look like shit.

One more beautiful building was heavily damaged. It will probably be restored but in general, we will see less of those beautifully decorated buildings.
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 01:35:02 PM

Some of the richest French people have already promised 600 millions Euros for the reconstruction.
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 01:39:51 PM

I'm sure they'll fix it. I read an article that one prominent family is donating 100m euros for the restoration of the cathedral. Don't have anything against that, and i the notredame cathedral is a highly valuable work of architechture, but imagine if people are also this passionate in dealing with children going hungry in the poorest parts of the world. Just saying.

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
robbylove

Activity: 420
Merit: 31

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 03:12:42 PM

I'm sure they'll fix it. I read an article that one prominent family is donating 100m euros for the restoration of the cathedral. Don't have anything against that, and i the notredame cathedral is a highly valuable work of architechture, but imagine if people are also this passionate in dealing with children going hungry in the poorest parts of the world. Just saying.

Send some of YOUR money helping the children while others save their cathedral. It's a big world with plenty of simultaneous options...
People are still suffering in Haiti. You could start there.

@wilikon: minds.com - gab.com - dissenter.com
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 03:35:37 PM

The global tragedy is that modern architects do not use any kind of artwork in their buildings. That's the last trend in the architecture: to build some so-called "minimalistic" buildings from concrete and glass, get huge money for that and be happy. For the first time those buildings may look unusual but in a couple years after everyone get used to those innovations, it will look like shit.

One more beautiful building was heavily damaged. It will probably be restored but in general, we will see less of those beautifully decorated buildings.

I wouldn't call this a tragedy, at the end of the day this is just a building and no humans were injured.  This thing was all over the news when much more serious issues are happening.  This is a loss for the art world but lets keep our priorities straight.
robbylove

Activity: 420
Merit: 31

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 03:46:51 PM

Priorities are never straight. It's an illusion. Look around this sub.

@wilikon: minds.com - gab.com - dissenter.com
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 03:52:04 PM

^^^ The illusion is in the word "never" that you use.     Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: