Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:21:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 414 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 79174 times)
Roseline492

Activity: 280
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2024, 04:21:08 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

so perhaps is very important to be able to distinguish between investment through DCA and holding because they are actually two different things and however most people believe that since almost everyone that intend holding uses DCA for accumulation they assume that holding is the same thing as DCA because even me I was thinking the same way until I realized they are not the same.
Holding is obviously not the same as investing using DCA methods, it's even better to compare holding to trading because that's where people normally make mistake from but comparing holding to the DCA methods of bitcoin accumulation is just same as saying that winning the world cup is just same as participating in the world cup tournament.
I think you are getting it all wrong because even if holding is not what DCA is based on but however you cannot assume holding to be the same as trading because is obviously two different things because just as there names implies, when we talk about holding you are actually referring to long time holding while trading is about buying and selling when the market is on the favourable side for you, so you can see there difference but however the purpose of this thread is basically for buying and holding of Bitcoin, so let's not misunderstood holding because it has nothing to do with trading whatsoever.

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nanga Parbat

Activity: 210
Merit: 165

View Profile
February 06, 2024, 04:28:24 PM

Meanwhile buying the DIP means holding funds and always monitoring the market till when the price drops far below the last ATH
This is the most stressful of all and the most dangerous of all, for a newbie. This is because
1. Timing the dip id very difficult, and one might end up missing out when the dip comes, because he wants the price to be dipper than that. and night not know that is the bottom line of the dip.
2. During when you are holding your cash waiting for the dip, an unforeseen circumstance might occur that will make you spend that money or part of that money because you believe that you will be able make it up before the dip arrives, and the dip comes like a thief in the night.
3. Your cash will depreciate as you are waiting. However, buying at the dip is the best time to buy if you have the money to lump sum, when the market dips.
Nice and thank @Sim_Card your knowledgeable line , and Always hedge your investment.  It is important to act or invest without knowing the risk, but it is better to identify a suitable opportunity.  Always keep your financial goals in mind and make trading decisions based on that.  Diversify your investments to minimize risk.  Prioritize taking shelter even in exceptional circumstances.  Use your cash wisely and make informed decisions.  Use appropriate criteria for income through investment.  And finally, be prepared to learn if shelter is needed even in exceptional circumstances.
Su-asa

Activity: 266
Merit: 203

Can't go home alone.

View Profile
February 06, 2024, 04:30:05 PM

so perhaps is very important to be able to distinguish between investment through DCA and holding because they are actually two different things and however most people believe that since almost everyone that intend holding uses DCA for accumulation they assume that holding is the same thing as DCA because even me I was thinking the same way until I realized they are not the same.
Holding is obviously not the same as investing using DCA methods, it's even better to compare holding to trading because that's where people normally make mistake from but comparing holding to the DCA methods of bitcoin accumulation is just same as saying that winning the world cup is just same as participating in the world cup tournament.
There is something you seem to be making difficult for me to understand. Investing in DCA method is not the same thing as holding but you will agree with me that the DCA method by its design encourages holding Bitcoin at least for something and during the peak of the accumulation process. Using the DCA method, you are buying amount that will be regarded as small quantity with respect to your total income, this small amount could just be spared money you don't have urgent need of, so you decide to invest it in Bitcoin. Because the amount invested through the DCA method is not part of your basic expenditure neither will it impact on your reserve funds, you tend to hold it for a long time. This is what I feel make people connect the DCA method to holding Bitcoin. DCA is closer to holding Bitcoin that trading is because traders do not hold. So yes, I do not agree with your line of argument

DCA methods is just a strategy used to accumulate Bitcoin in a safe and easy way that can work well mostly for new investors that aren't yet strong enough financially to accumulate in bunch of bitcoin at a time and so will have to buy it at regular intervals just do they can Hold it.
This is another misconception that need correction. DCA can be applied by anybody irrespective of their financial level. It is not only used by new investors as even the early adopters do use it or had used it at some point in their portfolio building phase. So for the sake of setting the record straight, the DCA method is suitable for all level of income earners.
Agreed the DCAing strategy doesn't need you to have $500 before you can invest but with $50 weekly one can use $20 or $10 from his salary to buy Bitcoin,  $10 from $50 can not make one's money to shorten because you have $40 aside with the $40, it can go through the month when you manage it properly.
But when you have more than $50 as salary monthly you can also increase the amount of Bitcoin that you normally buys, it will help to achieve the total amount of Bitcoin thst you want early.
You can accumulate Bitcoin through DCAing method and many preferred buying the dip with DCA method but it's not bad at all, what every way you can accumulate Bitcoin in such a way that it will not affect your balance do it the important part is make sure you are investing in something that worth holding. With that you can know if you can accumulate or not. When you are not holding something that's worth holding you can never achieve anything because it shitcoins/altcoins.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 06, 2024, 04:57:38 PM

Lest assume this senerio that, Mr A uses DCA uses DCA to accumulate bitcoin as his only strategy and he has an income of 2500$ and decides to allocate 10% to buying bitcoin weekly, so he buys at the first week at a price of 45,000$ and second week at 50,000, third week at 55,000$ and finally at 50,00$, he ends up buying at an average price of 50,000$ and accumulates a total of 0.05 bitcoin for his first month for an uptrend market.

Let say the same allocation with an down trend market of 49,000$, 45,000$, 40,000$ and 39,000$ price at each buying interval, he ends up accumulating a total 0.0578 bitcoin at an average price of 43,250.
i doubt that buying using DCA method is an automated system that auto buys the Bitcoin on a fixed week, month or year regardless of the rise in the price of bitcoin. Even if I'm using the DCA method to buying my bitcoin and after the first purchase I notice an increase and then another increase that Is way higher that the first price I bought my first Bitcoin, from a personal point of view, I would rather sell my holdings at the peak of the price rather than buying at that price.

You are trading and not long term investing, and also you are likely going to have fun staying poor if you cannot even tolerate some small amount of BTC price increase without being tempted to sell.  Either your mental framework is messed up, or your budget is messed up or maybe you don't understand bitcoin.. or perhaps a combination of all three of those dynamics going on with you.

Their are range of price that if you buy at such price, you are very certain to have a loss or to hold your bitcoin for a very long time if you want to gain anything you of your investment. So using the DCA method doesn't mean that you should close your eyes to the reality that their are certain price that bitcoin will climb to that you should be considering more of selling your holdings rather than buying or accumulating more bitcoin regardless of whether that was the time you set out for the purchase of your bitcoin.

Maybe if you have been in bitcoin for 1.5, 2 cycles or more, then maybe you could start to get into some kind of cycle in which you are no longer accumulating BTC through buying.

Another possibility might be if you came into bitcoin and maybe you invested several years of your annual salary/expenses into bitcoin, then maybe you might get into a kind of phase in which you have enough bitcoin or that your BTC holdings are set up in such a way that you might want to start to shave off some BTC when the BTC price goes up.. and maybe in these cases, you might even need your BTC to be several times in profits.. not merely having had gone up 30% to 60% or whatever lower levels of profit taking that you seem to be suggesting to be prudent/reasonable.

One thing you should also understand is that the whole essence of investing into bitcoin is firstly to make profit

Are you a psyop?  Trying to get guys to sell their BTC way too soon, and talking about trading and having lame theories in which you seem to fail/refuse to recognize and appreciate the value of bitcoin as a long term investment?  Yes, sometimes profits come 4-10 years or longer down the road, and for some people they might need to invest 15 years or more prior to having had gotten to a stage in which they might be able to start to take profits... so you are misleading people and likely even the wrong thread if you are spreading these kinds of misleading ideas about the need to take profits, when taking profits too early may well screw someone up. .especially if someone might want to get to fuck you status, and if they are always taking profits, they are most likely never going to get even close to that point.. .

and maybe in some context we might talk about saving your funds in a secured place that you're sure is void of government policies that will negatively affect and so the strategies you are going to use in accumulating your bitcoin and how you go about using the strategy is basically going to be centred around making profit at the end of the day.

You sound lost and short-term oriented.  Profits can come in the longer term, and there is no reason to spend a lot of time thinking about your level of profits until maybe you get into a part of your life that you might start to either live off your bitcoin or to have your bitcoin supplement your other cashflows... so that is surely not centrally focused on profits, even though in the long run you are going to have good chances to not only be in profits, but to have some of your BTC holdings with a lot of exponential growth and compounding profits that would not even be close to achievable with any kind of policy/practice of either focusing on profits or regularly withdrawing profits in order to hold your supposed profits in some kind of an asset or currency that is less valuable than just keeping your value in BTC and riding the various price waves that are most inevitably going to be along the way.  There is a battle in bitcoin and volatility is likely one of the most inevitable aspects of bitcoin, and the way to deal with volatility is not necessarily fucking around with getting in and out but instead ongoing buying until you reach such a state that maybe you put yourself in a better place to deal with the volatility at various places down the road with multiple doublings, compounding and likely profits that are not guaranteed but still good to prepare for those possibilities through various accumulation and holding techniques..

[edited out]
I don't really fancy this your selling of your Bitcoin idea at the peak, because if you are truly a long term investor, you will definitely know that $50000 or $55,000 is way below the actual potential of Bitcoin, and secondly, as an investors that have decided to buy Bitcoin through the DCA method, you won't be actually bothered by the current price or market sentiment because you are only thinking long term, so what is important now to me is to accumulate more Bitcoin as much as possible, and what should be your primary concern is what would be a barrier to you not holding firmly even in the face of challenges, that's why you need to think out of the box by putting down measure that would make you hold firmly, like having an emergency fund and another source of income, but this your selling off your Bitcoin at the peak is a complete no to me, because I only think long term as a Bitcoin holder

Part of the problem is that you don't know the peak until way afterwards.

Another part of the problem is that your holdings might not be in a position to be fucking around with selling.. but only you are in a position to know if you have accumulate enough or even overly accumulated in such a way that gives you the luxury of selling.. when you may well be in accumulation stages.

Another problem if you are selling on the way up then you have to figure when to buy back, so even if you have enough BTC, you have to still be careful not to sell too much because the price might not come back down and if you sell too much along the way up, you might get anxious about various points to buy back... not easy but not impossible.. but also you should likely still get to a point that you have too much BTC.

It is not easy to come up with any examples for selling for guys who got into bitcoin in 2023 or later, but there could be some scenarios for guys who got into bitcoin in 2021 or 2022, and even in those scenarios, there likely would have been a decent amount of BTC accumulating going on during 2022 and 2023 and perhaps even overly accumulation during those times.

So maybe if a guy come into bitcoin towards the top of the price in 2021.. and surely in 2021 we had two tops of the price, so there could have had been some difficulties during that time.. and so maybe if someone had an investment portfolio of $100k in early 2021 and so he was accumulating through most of 2021 and expecting BTC prices to go up to $100k, so then maybe he ended up investing around $20k into BTC (at a rate of about $260 per week) during that time between 2021 and mid 2022.. and he ended up accumulating close to 0.5 BTC (so average cost per BTC would be around $40k) but then the BTC price kept dipping after mid 2022.. and even though he was running out of money he kept buying BTC.. . 

So from July 2022 until present he pretty much ran out of money and largely had reached his investment target of 15% of his investment portfolio invested into BTC had to reduce the amount that he was purchasing down to $107 per week, and so between July 2022 and now, he had invested another $9k into bitcoin and he had accumulated right around another 0.36 BTC.

So his total amount invested right now is right around $29k, and he has about 0.86 BTC (currently worth right around $36,980 - and his average cost per BTC is right around $33,721), and so maybe he is feeling slightly over invested since his target was to have 15% of his investment portfolio in BTC and his allocation is currently a bit higher than 15%.. not just concluding from BTC's appreciation and his being in profits but also just going by the $29k that he had already invested.. so he is having some dilemma about his ongoing investment into BTC even though at this time he continues to buy BTC at $107 per week... so if he is still accumulating, there could be some questions regarding if at some point he might start to sell some or to take other actions besides ongoingly accumulating, but at least he is in a position of over-accumulation, profits and I would suggest that even if might choose to sell some, he would only be selling small amounts on the way up, but at the same time, if his goal is to get to fuck you status.. which maybe for him could be anywhere between $1 million and $2million, he still is likely a long way from that because even if his traditional investment portfolio had gone up in value from $100k to maybe $120k, if we add in the BTC, his total holding using spot price are still only a bit less than $160k, and personally, I am not much of a fan of using spot price in order to valuate your BTC holdings, and I also would suggest that this person is not really even in a position to sell, including that his cost per BTC is not even lower than the current 200-week moving average, which is currently $30,755 and his cost per BTC is currently $33,721 ($29k/ 0.86).

And, these are not easy questions regarding how any of us might consider managing our BTC holdings including making assessments in regards to valuating our holdings their level of profits and how much we might feel over accumulated and whether selling might play into that or not, especially if we might be unclear about if we even have enough BTC.

So how those people been waiting for that 34k-35k dip or even into those 20k below bear boys out here? Seems like that 42k is the floor now.  Grin
We call them the waiting camp in this thread. They should keep waiting, perhaps they might get lucky. But who knows when? Maybe never. The wise ones will adjust to the current reality but the other has vowed to keep waiting and I wish them happy waiting.
Well, we do still have that pre-halving dump, we cant really just that be able to know on when it would happen but it seems that we are in between within these months.
It is really just that hard to point out on when. For those who do able to accumulate or able to buy on 38k then we are profiting as of this moment.
Honestly, im waiting for that last dump before halving happens or even with that post-halving dump too.

My cash is ready for having that DCA but well, we dont know if it would really be just that the same pattern that do happen trying to reflect
out on what happened into those previous runs.
The pre halving dump is already happening as we speak. Are you not seeing the signs already or do you think otherwise? You know each year comes with different pre halving pattern. Halving is happening in April and Btc dipped from $48k to $39k and still hasn't gone back to the 48k or above it. This might be the dump you are waiting for. If you have the cash available, why not go in and fully get set. You might be waiting for something that is already happening without knowing. Act swiftly before you become part of those in the waiting camp without knowing.

I agree with everything you said and how you characterized the matter Justbillywitt.. except I don't agree with any ideas of any of us should feel that we go full in or that we are "fully set" because no matter what we are going to have dilemmas if we "go all in" and then the BTC price goes down rather than UP and we don't have any money.  So there is nothing wrong with keeping some fiat on the side, because part of the preparation for UP is having a sufficient amount of BTC, and if we don't have any cash to buy dips, we likely are not in a good place, even if the BTC price never dips again, as you had suggested could end up happening.

In the past history I m very much inspire about bitcoin price again same reason some of fear work in my head.
When I see the pattern:
In late 2015 it was:  $252
In late 2017 it was:  $1,049
In late 2019 it was:  $4,908
In late 2021 it was:  $17,839
In late 2023 it was:  $29,049
How I can control myself. I ask myself how this is possible. Finally I came to a conclusion that this was possible only through involvement of many people and workable element is  'buy the dip and hold'.

Bitcoin price movement, including the 200-week moving average does not only come from buying, even though buying is a part of the matter.  We can also think in terms of the way BTC was designed including concepts of 1) stock to flow, 2) the four year fractal and 3) s-curve exponential adoption based on metcalfe principles and network effects (as outlined by Trace Mayer).

[edited out
For me I really don't think an investor can be able to buy a fixed quantity of Bitcoin within a stipulated time interval reason being that the price of Bitcoin might keep soaring higher thereby he can't afford buying same quantity of Bitcoin as the previous one he bought while the price was lesser and moreover, just like your illustration about if a investor wants to achieve 1BTC on his 20th birthday and let's assume that the birthday would be in three years time and his DCA every week is like $1000 and from his speculation of the price of Bitcoin in that three years is like $150,000 and let's say in that 3 years the price of Bitcoin now reached $200,000 so definitely his DCA in that three years will amount $156,000 so you can see that he didn't meet up his targets of owning that 1 BTC on his birthday after his speculation 3 years back.

However, any good Bitcoin investor should just keep accumulating bitcoin rather than making speculations and also make sure that they have a steady income that will aid their DCA and also make sure they have alternatives to their source of income so that they won't miss out the DCA, only then can they record huge amount of Bitcoins in their portfolios and make reasonable profits out from it.

You are correct that it might not be realistic for someone to set his goals in terms of bitcoin, but I think that Odohu had also mentioned some impracticality aspects of that too, even though he went on and he provided an example of such, and yeah, we cannot really know if the 1 BTC in 10 years is even reachable, even if we started out now with $200 per week which we know that $200 per week for 10 years will end up being $104k invested into bitcoin... maybe it will result in 1 bitcoin or more and maybe it will not... and maybe we can start with $200 per week, yet we don't know our cash situation exactly, but if we are a pretty young person, we might expect our income to rise, but if we are a real old person we might expect that we might not be able to continue to earn at that high of a rate, unless we have systems in place that help to make sure that our income keeps up with rises in the cost of living and the likely (perhaps inevitable) debasement of the dollar (and/or the debasement of other fiat currencies).

As a new investor I don't think it requires much knowledge.
(Though the saying goes that knowledge is king)
But once you go to the market, you can learn all kinds of things by yourself.
Actually, am not ok with the statement because going into investment without having adequate knowledge  is like starting a journey without a direction and can also be liking to  someone that intend to start a business without   business ideas. As a new investor I think  having adequate and the right  knowledge  before you invest is a wise approach.
Waiting to go to the market and learn everything yourself is like a woman that is trying to go to the market to buy different items  without making list of things to buy in order of their importance and check  if her  money  is enough to buy everything in the list which may lead to mistake and not being organized. An investor that has the adequate knowledge before investing will be more organized and confidence compared to someone without adequate knowledge.
On the contrary  @teamsherry is right because investment on Bitcoin doesn't require much knowledge before you can start investment, actually is quite unfortunate that you still believe that knowledge is a determining factor on your Bitcoin journey perhaps that's why most people are still reluctant of starting investment on Bitcoin because they believe that having too much knowledge on Bitcoin is what determined there success on Bitcoin, however I want to inform you that you don't need too much knowledge in other to start accumulating Bitcoin because Bitcoin is not like other investment that requires going for a training or researching before you could start investment, on the contrary Bitcoin investment is so simple that a beginner who doesn't really no much about Bitcoin can easily start accumulating because since the intention is buying and holding you don't need any technical analysis to determine your accumulation. However @JayJuanGee has also explained several times on his replies concerning the reason why we don't need too much knowledge before we can start accumulating Bitcoin.

We still have to be careful that we are not discouraging the accumulation of knowledge about bitcoin, even though many times people place too much emphasis on bitcoin specific knowledge serving as various prerequisites in terms of getting started investing into bitcoin, which can frequently be unproductive, especially since there are so many aspects of bitcoin that take a long time to learn and maybe a lot of us who have been in bitcoin for a long time might not know a lot of the intricacies of bitcoin that some people consider to be "needed knowledge."

Getting started in bitcoin is likely going to help to trigger more curiosity and active learning as opposed to considering that anyone is going to be motivated to learn about bitcoin if he does not have any stake in it.. and likely just getting started, the stake size does not need to be large in order to inspire further looking into bitcoin and further curiosity including considering how much of an allocation level that the person should target, whether that ends up being 5% to 25% of his investment portfolio or some other amount that becomes justifiable and reasonable based on personal circumstances.

[edited out]
There is a saying that "the end justify the means", so when the end is known, there will always be means of actualizing it. You seems to sound with the tone that everyone investing in Bitcoin is so poor that they cannot afford to buy Bitcoin if the price makes x2 of the currency price. This is a wrong mindset because there are a lot of rich people investing in Bitcoin and such people can set their plans based on the quantity of Bitcoin they want to have accumulated at a certain time in the future. Some people can even set the target of  buying 1BTC per year as long as they live, to save the money for their children. These are possibilities that we cannot ignored thinking that everyone investing in Bitcoin is broke. You must understand that our purposes of investing in Bitcoin differs.

While some people are buying and holding Bitcoin as an escape from poverty, some are pushing some of their funds into Bitcoin as a hedge for their other businesses. Some are actually saving their retirement benefits in Bitcoin. We must appreciate our peculiarities as that itself is the beauty of life. What matter most is being able to invest in such a way that it will not give you pressures or discomfort.

A lot of people make similar mistakes in terms of believing that merely because the BTC price goes up, there are going to be more sellers than buyers, and they wonder who is going to be buying at $69k or who is going to be buying at $100k or who is going to be buying at $500k  or who is going to be buying at $1.83 million. 

There are going to be buyers at each and all of those prices, and part of our own lack of appreciation regarding how early we are and also we might be thinking that we are going to be selling at those various price points and those people buying from us are suckers, which may or may not end up being true.. depending on how much we are selling. .we might be the sucker.. and sure, there are not problems to start to shave off profits  and/or to consume some of your BTC or to diversify into other assets, yet there might not be any reason to fantasize about the so many ways that you are going to be consuming, shaving off profits and/or reinvesting prior to getting there first.. one thing is continuing to accumulate.. but then another thing is figuring out balances that come once you are not as much in the accumulation stage.. so it can sometimes be unclear about whether you have enough BTC or not..

and even if the BTC prices are going up, it still does not mean that there are not going to be buyers and/or that people should not be buying, especially if they are starting out at zero BTC or at some relatively low coiner status..and you might have 100x or more coin than they have or 100x or more coins  than they would even be able to accumulate, even if they were to attempt to go "all in", and so when your BTC reaches those levels of comparative size, sometimes it will become more clear how to handle it, especially if you have spent many years making various decently solid plans regarding various ways how to manage (and secure) your BTC holdings.. which does not necessarily mean selling it.. depending on other various cashflows that you might have available to you - whether through BTC or maybe through other ways that you might have complemented your BTC stash over the years, and perhaps you might be choosing to get rid of other assets and cash prior to spending your bitcoin, even if bitcoin might be in a high price state at the time of making such choices.

DCA methods is just a strategy used to accumulate Bitcoin in a safe and easy way that can work well mostly for new investors that aren't yet strong enough financially to accumulate in bunch of bitcoin at a time and so will have to buy it at regular intervals just do they can Hold it. Regardless of weather a user decides to using the DCA methods or not, the end product is to hold the DIP and that's basically the obvious difference between Holding and investing into bitcoin using the DCA methord.

As a matter of fact, I think the two concept are even parallel in connection and their is no need to compare them.

You might be spreading and convoluting ideas on purpose in order to create confusion regarding what you are saying and what makes sense.  Probably people should ignore you, except sure it does not hurt to correct you from time to time and to point out the areas in which you are continuing to be full of shit and perhaps purposefully spreading contradictory and confusing information..

In other words holding is not like trading...and we are not talking about trading here.

There are various ways to accumulate bitcoin. .which include DCA, lump sum buying and buying on dips.  Holding applies once you have already accumulated bitcoin, and it could be a long term stance or it could be a temporary phase in which you choose to neither buy nor sell but just to hold.. perhaps you ran out of money and you cannot buy more or you are refusing to sell so you hold.

Once you go through an accumulation phase, you might enter into maintenance stage or even later into a liquidation stage.. yet since there are so many forum members and newbies, this thread largely emphasizes various aspects of the accumulation phase that could be earlier stages of accumulation or later stages of accumulation, and so we are not talking about trading in that context, and it could even be a bit controversial whether buying on the dip is a good idea for the earliest BTC accumulator, even though buying on the dip does require higher level skills than just buying and also likely is more helpful to buy on the dip after you have already accumulated BTC 

- even though some people will think about buying on the dip as a kind of strategy to figure out their entry position into bitcoin, which is another trading technique that may well not serve very well the newest of investors into BTC, since the newest investors many times are going to be most advantaged by thinking about ways to get started right away, even if BTC prices are up... and sure if BTC prices are up, they may well start out with a smaller position, but since they are newbies, and they do not have many BTC they may need to realize that they might be disadvantaged by starting out too small in bitcoin, even though they may not be in a position to know that either (just like none of us can really know if they BTC price is going to correct or go down, even if the BTC price had already spent a decent amount of time going up).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Promocodeudo

Activity: 392
Merit: 192

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2024, 05:01:34 PM

Buy on dips should not always be the case, why not concentrate in buying when you are ready, must it be on dips, people should know that bitcoin is an asset no matter how dip it goes, it has never stop giving people hope of shifting to positive position, I think everytime is an opportunity in bitcoin that's why continues accumulation is the best irrespective of the price any day any time.
Yeah, obviously, bro, this is true that Bitcoin is always gives you the opportunity to buy because Bitcoin is highly volatile and their price movements are not always the same. I mean, Bitcoin always provides opportunities for investors to participate in it. When Bitcoin rises, it does not mean that the price went up and will not fall again, that is, it will not give you an opportunity to enter again, but Bitcoin gives you good opportunities every time you take an entry. This is our example. It is clear that when Bitcoin was 37k in 2022, no one expected that the price of Bitcoin would go to $16,625.08 on January 1, 2023. When it actually happened, everyone was surprised. So it means to say that Bitcoin always gives you the opportunity to take entry.

You can always participate in bitcoin, but it does not meant that at any particular time that any of us is considering entering bitcoin that there is going to be any advantage in waiting and/or that an "obvious" entry point will present itself.

There is an expression that it likely pretty close to being true, and that is that the best time to enter bitcoin was yesterday, and the second best time to enter bitcoin is today.  

In other words, the mere fact that the btc price has historically dipped and/or provided unexpected dip prices does not mean that it is going to happen to the degree that any of us is going to clearly and unambiguously be able to recognize such dip as an entry point.

If anyone believe that the drop in price of btc is temporary and the fundamentals of the asset are still strong you might consider buying at the lower price.Take some time to research about this further and historical price movements. This can help you make a more informed decision about whether to buy, sell, or hold. can be taken advice from investment professionals or experienced traders about btc.
While buying at a lower price can be tempting, it's important to be cautious and not rush into decisions.investing involves risk, and prices can be volatile.

It's essential to do your due diligence and make decisions based on your own financial situation, risk tolerance, and investment goals. I m just thinking many of the investor are holding cryptocurrency to get more profit.
I don't see taking advice from an investment professional as a good step toward accumulating your bitcoin because you can be misled. What if the investment professional told you it is only whales that can accumulate bitcoin because of how difficult it is to own a bitcoin and the investment professional can teach you a strategy that will not be favorable for you to accumulate your bitcoin? For me, there is no need to meet an investment professional before starting your bitcoin accumulation journey. If you have bitcoin knowledge and know how to buy bitcoin from the Cex exchange and withdraw it to your noncustodial wallet, I think you are good to accumulate your bitcoin with the DCA strategy whenever you want to accumulate it and hold it for the long term.

As far as bitcoin is concerned, to me personal advise in terms of investment is the best, most advisors will lead you astray if you allow them, what you need is to actually understand the basic concept, know what you what, buy with the amount you have, don't be act as if you been forced to, but doing this as soon the fund is available will place you ahead on your Bitcoin journey, but when buying make sure that you don't buy with all left, if you you decide to buy with all the available fund have an existing earnings that can sustain you throughout your long-term holding journey to avoid being a fast seller.

Salahmu

Activity: 406
Merit: 273

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2024, 05:10:21 PM

It is important to act or invest without knowing the risk, but it is better to identify a suitable opportunity.  Always keep your financial goals in mind and make trading decisions based on that.  Diversify your investments to minimize risk.  Prioritize taking shelter even in exceptional circumstances.  Use your cash wisely and make informed decisions. 
Why would you think about trading instead of long time investment, I don't know your perception on trading but believe me is not how you envision it to be, however you seem more like someone who doesn't really understand anything about trading you are talking about and the risk involved, perhaps that's the reason why most people especially the new ones get into trouble because they see Bitcoin as an easy way to make money through trading without knowing the risk involves, perhaps the earlier you change your narrative on Bitcoin the better for your Bitcoin journey because as a new person on Bitcoin investment all you should have been thinking is how to invest on Bitcoin and hold for a long time, however DCA strategy is actually there to guide you all through even when you don't know much Bitcoin investment because that's the only way you can be free from losing your investment through trading you were emphasizing on.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 294
Merit: 177

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 06, 2024, 06:20:58 PM

Actually, am not ok with the statement because going into investment without having adequate knowledge  is like starting a journey without a direction and can also be liking to  someone that intend to start a business without   business ideas. As a new investor I think  having adequate and the right  knowledge  before you invest is a wise approach.
Waiting to go to the market and learn everything yourself is like a woman that is trying to go to the market to buy different items  without making list of things to buy in order of their importance and check  if her  money  is enough to buy everything in the list which may lead to mistake and not being organized. An investor that has the adequate knowledge before investing will be more organized and confidence compared to someone without adequate knowledge.
Investing in bitcoin does not mean you must have adequate knowledge before you start accumulating it. Once you have the basic knowledge about bitcoin and also understand that bitcoin is not a get-rich-soon scheme, you are good to start your bitcoin journey because bitcoin doesn't require much knowledge to hold it for the long term. Before you start your bitcoin accumulation journey, make sure you have a source of income that will enable you to keep an emergency fund that you will use to settle your financial needs, so that you will not depend on bitcoin investments to settle them.

Barikui1

Activity: 196
Merit: 128

View Profile
February 06, 2024, 06:44:31 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2024, 06:59:07 PM by Barikui1

Actually, am not ok with the statement because going into investment without having adequate knowledge  is like starting a journey without a direction and can also be liking to  someone that intend to start a business without   business ideas. As a new investor I think  having adequate and the right  knowledge  before you invest is a wise approach.
Waiting to go to the market and learn everything yourself is like a woman that is trying to go to the market to buy different items  without making list of things to buy in order of their importance and check  if her  money  is enough to buy everything in the list which may lead to mistake and not being organized. An investor that has the adequate knowledge before investing will be more organized and confidence compared to someone without adequate knowledge.
Investing in bitcoin does not mean you must have adequate knowledge before you start accumulating it. Once you have the basic knowledge about bitcoin and also understand that bitcoin is not a get-rich-soon scheme, you are good to start your bitcoin journey because bitcoin doesn't require much knowledge to hold it for the long term. Before you start your bitcoin accumulation journey, make sure you have a source of income that will enable you to keep an emergency fund that you will use to settle your financial needs, so that you will not depend on bitcoin investments to settle them.
I think that this has already been over emphasize, in the sense that, you need basic knowledge to know how to accumulate Bitcoin through the DCA method and a deeper knowledge to know all it entails on how to hold firmly like having an emergency fund and another source of income,  because the way we have over flog this, even a ten year old child will get a clearer picture of what we are saying.
But the sad reality is that most of the newbie's that should here in this particular discussion thread so as to know how to navigate their way in Bitcoin investment are just wasting away in off topic discussion.

Mr.suevie

Activity: 518
Merit: 320

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2024, 06:45:36 PM

I think you are getting it all wrong because even if holding is not what DCA is based on but however you cannot assume holding to be the same as trading because is obviously two different things because just as there names implies, when we talk about holding you are actually referring to long time holding while trading is about buying and selling when the market is on the favourable side for you, so you can see there difference but however the purpose of this thread is basically for buying and holding of Bitcoin, so let's not misunderstood holding because it has nothing to do with trading whatsoever.
Anything utter from the main purpose of this thread which is to buy Bitcoin and HODL it can make someone go astray especially when that person is a newbie in the Bitcoin community, everytime I give myself opportunity to read through this thread am suprised to see how people will still think of chosing trading over HODLing because that's same thing as saying gambling can make you rich overtime because that's the same way I see people trying to relate Bitcoin investment to trading.

The knowledge shared here is just something else and if anyone is thinking of making it in their course of having Bitcoin as an investment then this particular thread and all the knowledge and correction from JJG would practically go along way because I have also learnt a lot here and please don't ever relate Bitcoin investment to trading because you might end up just getting all tangled up.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
I_Anime

Activity: 378
Merit: 160

View Profile
February 06, 2024, 06:50:06 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2024, 07:23:24 PM by I_Anime

those that are still procastinating. Saying that they want to accumulate good knowledge about bitcoin before they would start accumulating BTC to their portfolio. Just keep deceiving yah self according to Mayor of ogba ones you know the basic of bitcoin you can start accumulating bitcoin. As you're learning more about this btc at the same time be accumulating so that you won't missed out and end up regretting shit. Though is good to have good knowledge about bitcoin but don't let it affect your accumulating mostly those that are in this forum that haven't started holding BTC. It would being a shame missing such great life changing opportunity, yes bitcoin is not a get rich quick scheme. But as time goes on it can make a big positive changes In Your finance stats. And you don't need to start big if you don't have the funds you can start small and use DCA strategies to build a better portfolio for yourself. And alway have an emergency funds to coverup your expenses.

As far as bitcoin is concerned, to me personal advise in terms of investment is the best, most advisors will lead you astray if you allow them, what you need is to actually understand the basic concept, know what you what, buy with the amount you have, don't be act as if you been forced to, but doing this as soon the fund is available will place you ahead on your Bitcoin journey, but when buying make sure that you don't buy with all left, if you you decide to buy with all the available fund have an existing earnings that can sustain you throughout your long-term holding journey to avoid being a fast seller.
If you don't actually have a good source of income that would be a big issue when It come to accumulating and holding. Because even when you manage to buy some certain quantities of bitcoin and you don't have sources that you can get your emergency funds that investment you made would later be taken as that emergency funds. Meaning that you won't be able to exercise good patient with your investment you would being in ease to sell it because of the expenses in surrounding yah. Sir as an investor you got to prepare for anything and you must have a good source to sustain that investment.

Makus

Activity: 322
Merit: 217

Bitcoin!!

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2024, 07:17:19 PM

you can just simply use the term emergency fund to describe having a separate fund reserved for any emergency. it is always advised that we should invest and reserve some that we'll be using before our next salary comes up. failure to do so will result in selling your coin after investment. and that is why we must have an emergency fund so that, in case we get too aggressive along the way due to buying the dip.... we'll have spare cash to settle our other monetary activities. it is always important we make calculations and plan carefully before using any strategy of our choice. for example, when buying the dip, we should make sure not to get too tempted to accumulate above our preplanned so we won't be obstructing any other financial activity   

If you don't actually have a good source of income that would be a big issue when I'm come to accumulating and holding. Because even when you manage to buy some certain quantities of bitcoin and you don't have sources that you can get your emergency funds that investment you made would later be taken as that emergency funds. Meaning that you won't be able to exercise good patient with your investment you would being in ease to sell it because of the expenses in surrounding yah. Sir as an investor you got to prepare for anything and you must have a good source to sustain that investment.

though I have seen some persons who hold without having a good source of income. They operate on discipline because of the trust they've built in Bitcoin but that won't last, when hard times strike he'll be forced to sell his coins. having a good source of income is the first stage to fuel the idea of planning before engaging in bitcoin holding, aside that all trials would be a failure.
letteredhub

Activity: 518
Merit: 202

My privacy, my right.

View Profile
February 06, 2024, 07:17:58 PM
Merited by Troytech (2), JayJuanGee (1)

There is something you seem to be making difficult for me to understand. Investing in DCA method is not the same thing as holding but you will agree with me that the DCA method by its design encourages holding Bitcoin at least for something and during the peak of the accumulation process. Using the DCA method, you are buying amount that will be regarded as small quantity with respect to your total income, this small amount could just be spared money you don't have urgent need of, so you decide to invest it in Bitcoin. Because the amount invested through the DCA method is not part of your basic expenditure neither will it impact on your reserve funds, you tend to hold it for a long time. This is what I feel make people connect the DCA method to holding Bitcoin. DCA is closer to holding Bitcoin that trading is because traders do not hold. So yes, I do not agree with your line of argument
@moreno you are in fact in the right direction as both holding and DCA holds shares same similarities. Holding has to do with when an investor buys bitcoin and decides to hold on to it for a long period irrespective of price fluctuations while DCAing patterns to a regular investment of a particular amount of money (fixed) for a period of time , still irrespective of the fluctuations of bitcoin price. The two strategies are directed towards investment for a ROI after a predetermined period of time, so I don't understand why  @hewlet is seriously confusing the two in this discussion.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2024, 08:00:55 PM

though I have seen some persons who hold without having a good source of income. They operate on discipline because of the trust they've built in Bitcoin but that won't last, when hard times strike he'll be forced to sell his coins. having a good source of income is the first stage to fuel the idea of planning before engaging in bitcoin holding, aside that all trials would be a failure.

I agree with you that you need to have an income source in order to continue to invest in bitcoin, but you might not need to have an income source to start investing in bitcoin, but if you are depleting some kind of funds that you have in reserves or some other asset, you have to be able to realize that you are going to need to have an income source at some point in the event that you are depleting funds, including that you should not be touching emergency funds if you have a way of resolving the matter, and you likely should not be using emergency funds to invest into anything, including bitcoin, unless you have some decently strong confidence that you are going to be able to replenish those funds in a fairly soon timeframe.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Promocodeudo

Activity: 392
Merit: 192

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2024, 08:09:52 PM

you can just simply use the term emergency fund to describe having a separate fund reserved for any emergency. it is always advised that we should invest and reserve some that we'll be using before our next salary comes up. failure to do so will result in selling your coin after investment. and that is why we must have an emergency fund so that, in case we get too aggressive along the way due to buying the dip.... we'll have spare cash to settle our other monetary activities. it is always important we make calculations and plan carefully before using any strategy of our choice. for example, when buying the dip, we should make sure not to get too tempted to accumulate above our preplanned so we won't be obstructing any other financial activity   

If you don't actually have a good source of income that would be a big issue when I'm come to accumulating and holding. Because even when you manage to buy some certain quantities of bitcoin and you don't have sources that you can get your emergency funds that investment you made would later be taken as that emergency funds. Meaning that you won't be able to exercise good patient with your investment you would being in ease to sell it because of the expenses in surrounding yah. Sir as an investor you got to prepare for anything and you must have a good source to sustain that investment.

@makus you made a very good point here, extra income is a very good one because no matter how steadfast and strong you are in your decisions hard times can force you to change some certain decision of yours, though we shouldn't be extremely comfortable with funds before we can invest, at least we should have extra funds that can savage some situation when it comes, then we can go ahead to do the needful, bitcoin investment is not meant to be tampered within a short period of time, this investment has a long term benefit that's why it is advisable for a potential investment to have the long term investment mindset so that they can benefit from it, think bitcoin, think long-term, they way to achieve this, is by doing extra work that earns you money, this will help you to buy, hodl and forget.

Odohu

Activity: 378
Merit: 340

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2024, 08:17:59 PM

This was my method of going about Bitcoin before I learnt about the DCA method. I had this pattern of putting most of my money in Bitcoins at once or within a short interval of time and to be honest, I do sell my Bitcoin when I have needs, most times I sell at lower prices than I bought. This did not really go well with me because it gave me a lot of bad feelings and low self esteem whenever I sell my Bitcoin and realise that prices has gone up few days from the day I sold.

If you noticed, I'm one of the most excited user of the DCA method. I'm forever grateful to @JayJuanGee for his input and guide in his posts and replies, it was a whole new learning experience for me.

The aspect of setting aside emergency funds was the game changer for me, it completely eliminated the pressure to sell my Bitcoin for simple things that small money could solve. This forum is about the best thing that has happened to me!

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Roseline492

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2024, 08:37:16 PM

DCA methods is just a strategy used to accumulate Bitcoin in a safe and easy way that can work well mostly for new investors that aren't yet strong enough financially to accumulate in bunch of bitcoin at a time and so will have to buy it at regular intervals just do they can Hold it. Regardless of weather a user decides to using the DCA methods or not, the end product is to hold the DIP and that's basically the obvious difference between Holding and investing into bitcoin using the DCA methord.

As a matter of fact, I think the two concept are even parallel in connection and their is no need to compare them.

You might be spreading and convoluting ideas on purpose in order to create confusion regarding what you are saying and what makes sense.  Probably people should ignore you, except sure it does not hurt to correct you from time to time and to point out the areas in which you are continuing to be full of shit and perhaps purposefully spreading contradictory and confusing information..

In other words holding is not like trading...and we are not talking about trading here.
Yeah truly his statement was actually contradicting because I find it very hard to understand the method of investment he was trying to state because he seem to have been missing so many things together because I don't really understand his concept of classifying holding and trading to be the same thing because is obviously not, however just like you mentioned if he was talking about ways to start accumulation of Bitcoin perhaps he should have go through most of the previous post because you have stated on how to accumulate Bitcoin through DCA strategy and Lump Sum.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2024, 09:00:09 PM

Yeah truly his statement was actually contradicting because I find it very hard to understand the method of investment he was trying to state because he seem to have been missing so many things together because I don't really understand his concept of classifying holding and trading to be the same thing because is obviously not, however just like you mentioned if he was talking about ways to start accumulation of Bitcoin perhaps he should have go through most of the previous post because you have stated on how to accumulate Bitcoin through DCA strategy and Lump Sum.

And of course, guys can do whatever they like, yet if we are talking about various accumulation strategies in this thread, it can be a bit irritating when we see guys talking about strategies that seem to gravitate towards trading or even selling to accumulate more BTC, but then at the same time, they do not present the idea very well, and surely it seem to be off topic since even the topic of the thread does not say anything about selling and the idea of HODL in the context of this thread largely is suggesting the opposite... don't sell.  So then there is nothing wrong with having different opinions, even though the concept of trading or selling to accumulate seems to be off topic.. at least for guys who may admit that they are in the earliest of stages of their BTC accumulation journey..

so sometimes we do likely have to try to figure out whether guys really have long term intentions or if they are merely engaged in some kind of flipping practice or pursuing dollars, which seems to then result in trading rather than investing, even though there still might be profits involved, but not the kinds of profits that would come from both longer term holding or investing over a long period of time, and then the earliest purchased bitcoins will likely have higher levels of profits than the more recent purchased coins, yet it also seems that the longer and longer that we stay invested then we will be building and building the size of our BTC stash and the longer that we are in, then probably the more likely that we are going to have older coins that have gone up a lot in value.. perhaps both exponentially and having several compounding events.. and at least those are goals, even though they surely are not guaranteed and even along our bitcoin journey we are also likely going to experience a lot of volatility along the way and have strategies in place to deal with the likely to be near inevitable volatility without panicking.

Cryptoprincess101

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
February 06, 2024, 09:28:19 PM
Merited by Tmoonz (2), Stablexcoin (2), JayJuanGee (1)

People with misunderstanding, these are different things altogether, the difference is like indulging in an activity that does not guarantee a 100% assurance of making money through it, though I see people that trade as though they are into it to make fast money, to me there is no short cut in bitcoin investment profit, most times when you think that you want to outsmart the market, you will end up being outshined by what ever tricks you use, bitcoin investment is meant for people with the spirit of perseverance and patience that's why hodling was introduced, why bitcoin has not collapse is because of the holding system, the premature sellers were bridged with this process, the future and continues existence of bitcoin depends on the hodlers that's why hodling will never go into extinction, people with long term holding mindset always smile whenever the time is ripped.

You see, no investment is 100% guaranteed be it a trader or a hodler as all are very risky and due to some unforseen circumstances that may actually affect ones investments make some people to only be interested in trading rather than investing and you can't actually blame them at all. If not that Bitcoin has a higher level of volatility do you think it would have gotten this far? Inasmuch as investment in concerned, every investor is actually interested in a coin that it's future is certain that's why a lot of the investors are involved in Bitcoin. Moreover, you need to understand that despite the popularity of Bitcoin, it's still very much young looking at when it was invented till now so it's gonna take few more years before it's authenticity can be visible for all to see though it takes patience for an investor to make profitable and long lasting investments.

Let the truth be told most people are just interested in short term profits because they're always afraid of the fluctuations in the price of Bitcoin in the market hence they always panic whenever they buy at a dip and instead of the price rising it still dips further but they fail to understand that every dip gives and opportunity to accumulate more and hold for long term profits.
If someone is afraid of the dip, how will you see profitability in bitcoin. If you have been in the crypto for long, you will understand that dip is one of the most interesting time in the market. Dip gives you the opportunity to gather more and position yourself. Yes I know everyone loves to see the green candles, than the red candles, the beauty of the market as an investor is when you see the dip as an opportunity instead of seeing the fear that others are seeing. Remember if you don't buy the dip you can't sell the top. Those who are scared of the dip are newbies. Without dip there won't be much profitability in bitcoin investment.

It's obvious you are emphasizing too much on waiting for a dip before starting to accumulate but I put it to you that if you have that mindset of always waiting for a dip then you might keep waiting and may end up not accumulating again because you will feel that the price has gotten to a level where you can't afford it and you will still be feeling that you might buy and afterwards it starts dipping so in a nutshell, there is no perfect time to wait for a dip before starting to acquire bitcoins and people who actually expect a dip before they can start buying are the short term investors that all they want is to buy at a dip price and immediately the price increases they sell off their coin. These set of investors are more or less impatient and interested in short term profits rather than making long term investments that would be more profitable and risk free and gives more comfortability to ones assets.

Roseline492

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2024, 09:41:24 PM

And of course, guys can do whatever they like, yet if we are talking about various accumulation strategies in this thread, it can be a bit irritating when we see guys talking about strategies that seem to gravitate towards trading or even selling to accumulate more BTC, but then at the same time, they do not present the idea very well, and surely it seem to be off topic since even the topic of the thread does not say anything about selling and the idea of HODL in the context of this thread largely is suggesting the opposite... don't sell.  So then there is nothing wrong with having different opinions, even though the concept of trading or selling to accumulate seems to be off topic.. at least for guys who may admit that they are in the earliest of stages of their BTC accumulation journey..

so sometimes we do likely have to try to figure out whether guys really have long term intentions or if they are merely engaged in some kind of flipping practice or pursuing dollars, which seems to then result in trading rather than investing, even though there still might be profits involved, but not the kinds of profits that would come from both longer term holding or investing over a long period of time, and then the earliest purchased bitcoins will likely have higher levels of profits than the more recent purchased coins, yet it also seems that the longer and longer that we stay invested then we will be building and building the size of our BTC stash and the longer that we are in, then probably the more likely that we are going to have older coins that have gone up a lot in value.. perhaps both exponentially and having several compounding events.. and at least those are goals, even though they surely are not guaranteed and even along our bitcoin journey we are also likely going to experience a lot of volatility along the way and have strategies in place to deal with the likely to be near inevitable volatility without panicking.
Yeah I agree with you Sir because I realized that most of the investors doesn't even have the intention to hold for a long term but instead they are more focus on the possible way to make some profits instead of focusing on Bitcoin holding because just like you mentioned there is no way they can compare the little profit they will make through trading to what Bitcoin will give them in the future because with the potential of Bitcoin the only way for people to see what Bitcoin is truly worth is by holding it for a very long term and however it will be very wise for them to change there narrative and start planning for holding instead of there flipping practice they are mistaken for investment.

Agbamoni

Activity: 322
Merit: 286

View Profile
February 06, 2024, 09:44:41 PM

Yes, one of the main concentrations in this thread is about holding our investment for long term. It's cool to think about long term what i feel should be more focused on should be accumulation. If we stop to accumulate bitcoin now not everyone will be proud of what will be the outcome of their investment if they hold it for at least 5 years. The reason is that some persons have not been able to accumulate substantial amount of bitcoin before thinking about holding it for long. I feel there should be a specific amount and upward that is enough for an investor to really depend on the long-term benefit of bitcoin. Every investor should have what i call a comfort level of accumulation that is required to make their long-term goal come true. For some having one bitcoin is enough while some having some fractions is satisfactory. However, i feel it depends on the financial desire of each investor. My financial vision might be totally different from another investor.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 414 »
  Print  

Jump to: