Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:39:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 79444 times)
Samlucky O

Activity: 280
Merit: 206

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2024, 06:53:30 PM

You are right because the real reasons why Bitcoin was invented isn't only to stand as an investment strategy but rather to stand as a decentralized medium of performing transactions from person to person (p2p)[/b] directly without involvement of a centralized authority and also to replace the use of fiat so by accumulating bitcoin in other to make profits in the future, we are also acquiring it to stand as a medium of exchange from one person to another.
Please note I am fully aware of the importance of Bitcoin aside from a store of value, though it is used as a P2P transaction or it is also used as medium of exchange. But the fact still remain that Bitcoin holding is very important and should not be underestimated. You can use bitcoin for transaction either P2P or as a medium of exchange of buying and selling. but what more important does it provide again all usage? It is definitely a good store of value. Your monetary with in life is measured by the amount of valuable volatile assets you have which could be you stepping stone in old age. I think when you are talking about bitcoin you should remove you mind in the primary aspect, which is the use for exchange in form of fiat. But think of how important it will be while HODLing for a long time.

How would you feel when you are in your retirement age and your long term bitcoin holding now becomes your redeamer? Because that is exactly what it will be. by then you will no longer think of holding rather using it gradually.

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teamsherry

Activity: 168
Merit: 50

Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 07:17:40 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2024, 07:37:07 PM by teamsherry

Some times it takes these losers a very long time to realize their mistakes.  I have a few friends who I sent a decent amount of bitcoin at various points between late 2014 and late 2016, and so you can imagine even relatively small amounts in dollar values are ending up to add up to quite a bit in times like this, and I even made some statements to suggest that they need to be guarding what I had sent them and maybe even buy some more of their own.. and sometimes they did both of those but then later down the road they lost courage and sold all their bitcoin.

Sir from this experience I think the journey of accumulating bitcoin and holding is something that everyone must do for himself. People who are pushed or motivated to accumulate bitcoin by other persons who have not gotten to believe I bitcoin for themselves or made the decision to hold bitcoin would not have the discipline or courage to do it. I also think everyone should learn from this, we might all be motivated to accumulate bitcoin because of this thread and how everyone is here for each other, but what about when this thread is no longer here, are we going to be able to continue with our accumulation and holding journey. Everyone of us must have that passion to do this and I think that's the starting point of everything and only when we have made the decision ourselves can we really hold bitcoin for long.

I really don't think job security is paramount here in things to consider before investing into Bitcoin, because in life anything can happen, even the job you feel that is secure, they might just lay you off for no just reason, because life is unpredictable, and that is more of the reason why we should not play with our savings and emergency fund, because that is what going to keep you going till you get another job.

A job is definitely needed to keep bitcoin investment right, if you are out of a job then you can decide to sell your bitcoin holdings if you face any danger. So this is why the job is special, you can keep your investment active in the Bitcoin DCA method with a portion of the income from the job. There must be an external source of income to meet basic human needs. Bitcoin holdings would not be sustainable for long without eros.

I think the appropriate thign to say is that emergency funds is a must for us not to sell our holdings, cause loss of job can also be considered as an emergency and in a case like this, we can use our emergency funds or reserves to back up our accumulation plan and find a way to get a job.

But I don't know how potent the advice to use emergency funds to continue investment when our job has some issues is cause what if it takes longer and we finish up our funds and then a real emergency happens like health challenge or any thign that would really cause us to touch our bitcoin holdings occur, at that point what do we do?
Sir Jay a little help here 🙏

Recently we saw a dip in Bitcoin where the price of Bitcoin dropped to $39,000 which may be the highest dip before the upcoming bull market. For those looking for a desired dip in Bitcoin from the current position, I think this is the last dip. This may be the last chance for investment from the dip. Many of us may think that Bitcoin will go back to previous levels and buy from the dip. Let them know that 2017-2020 dip is extremely difficult to find and may never be possible again. Many investors who didn't get the chance to buy on the dips have regret for the day. Today's current prices may give similar things for some in the next few years.

Those looking for dip, change your mind. Dips are not always possible. In the case of Bitcoin, the price that seems high today may be the same price will be dip for tomorrow. If we break out of this dip and do DCA then we will have the opportunity to buy from the dip and increase the Bitcoin portfolio.

IMO i think those that are still waiting for dips would always be that way if they don't come to realise that they is no right time to invest in bitcoin, yes its true that good opportunities has been missed, but waiting for them to come back is hilarious and might not happen, cause playing with uncertainty is a kind of gamble.

Those that are waiting for the last dip would never invest in bitcoin, they would only continue to miss out on all the best opportunities in front of them, its better to start than to wait for a future that might never happen.

Financial advice is very often aimed at Newbies because of their limited knowledge in this industry

I don't agree with you, cause I don't think there is any Mr know it all in this journey, even experts sometimes makes mistakes, yes I might be true that newbies need the most advice, but I also think everyone can take advice, no matter how long you've been in the journey

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Roseline492

Activity: 280
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2024, 08:01:40 PM

I also think like that because logically, people who are trying to collect Bitcoin and hold it for a long time don't immediately think about selling in the near future, so it is very feasible to use the DCA method in that case. Meanwhile, trading is a very different job from collecting because the people who trade in the market are people who are targeting profits in a short time or quick profits in a certain amount so it cannot be compared to people who are collecting Bitcoin by run the DCA method.
Clearly, trade and DCA have different meanings.

Trading has a high risk of short-term profit and you are like risking your money in the market, when the price goes up you profit when the price goes down then you will lose then it is trading.

Accumulation with DCA has a very low risk, in fact I dare say there is no risk if you do not sell bitcoin midway due to emergency needs.
With DCA you can have an average price because DCA purchases all the time from the price going down to going up if the time is for the long term then it will continue to do that task if you are still able but I believe using DCA in the future will have better results than trading.
Perhaps this is the reason why holding is the best because it allows you to have a rest of mind and free from emotional troubles of having to lose your funds because of trading, actually considering the risk involves on Bitcoin trading I wonder why most people always choose to trade because irrespective of the little profit they will get from trading or if at all there would be any, it can never be compared or measured with there Bitcoin investment if they will hold it for a long term. However DCA has been very helpful in guiding investors on the easier ways to accumulate Bitcoin.

ginsan

Activity: 1330
Merit: 618

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 09:02:08 PM

Perhaps this is the reason why holding is the best because it allows you to have a rest of mind and free from emotional troubles of having to lose your funds because of trading, actually considering the risk involves on Bitcoin trading I wonder why most people always choose to trade because irrespective of the little profit they will get from trading or if at all there would be any, it can never be compared or measured with there Bitcoin investment if they will hold it for a long term. However DCA has been very helpful in guiding investors on the easier ways to accumulate Bitcoin.
Of course, long-term holding is one of our goals in investing in Bitcoin. I have seen many of them who have been investing with the DCA strategy which is the best strategy choice because we can focus on buying continuously regardless of our purchase price. Yes, one day we will see our BTC holdings become bigger and this is where our level of patience will be tested in long-term investments. Success certainly does not come quickly and takes time and that is our investment journey where we will reap the results when we are satisfied with the amount of BTC we have collected.

Buying regularly will make you more confident in your goal of investing long term in Bitcoin. Some of my friends where I live invest in bitcoin for the long term where they buy immediately and don't often check the price every day but instead they open the market when they make another purchase. I was amazed by what they did because they planned to apply their investments for the next 10 years and some were targeting their for old age.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
nara1892

Activity: 1568
Merit: 654

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 10:37:04 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Job security has to be considered too when someone has finally decide to start his bitcoin investment journey. One has to be certain that your job has to be really secured, and not a kind of job that won't last long. Job security should not be underestimated because if you have chosen to invest through DCA make sure that your job or source of income isn't something that's going to be terminated on a short run.
  yes one can actually loss his job, that is life full of uncertainty, but at most time it is advisable to have passive income streams which one  of it's enormous benefits is that it reduces the fear of job loss. It will become more easier for an individual to reach his financial goals when having a multiple streams of income by achieving them much quicker than if there was just one job, it helps in ensuring that you have a consistent and reliable source of income and at same time giving you that emotional rest needed to manage your asset properly.
In everything that we do in life, we should always have a backup to them, this will prevent us from suffering huge loss on them under any circumstances unforeseen to us, Ive seen someone having his job and still making bitcoin investment by trading partly, when he lost his job, then he fully have enough time to engage into trading in full, there's no much vacuum created as a result of loosing his job.
The security of our assets should also matters to us in a very big way, we cannot afford making silly mistakes with our investment funds when we are just thinking only in one direction.
Back up plans include emergency funds, and/or also other possible ways to earn money.. so we have to have some ideas about our cashflow and expenses situation to figure out how large we might need to keep our emergency funds and even some of our expenses might be discretionary too. but some might be somewhat sticky and not easy to change.
Yes and emergency fund is something that should not be ignored and should be considered even should not be missed when you really participate and get involved in bitcoin accumulation, having an emergency fund along with having some way / place that really earns (outside of accumulation) such as for example having income from other things or other sources whether it's income from a shop that you have or a part-time job will make it easier for you to achieve a good balance in terms of finance, and other sources will be a second support for the bitcoin accumulation that you run when you really lose your main job and I would say that you have a pretty good situation to start / maintain and continue to run your bitcoin accumulation if indeed you have more than one income. On the other hand, in my opinion, the amount of emergency funds that someone should have when they have started to get involved in bitcoin accumulation, honestly I can't be sure what the amount is but certainly try that at least that amount is enough to finance your life for the next 3 - 5 months including the amount of allocation for your bitcoin accumulation so that there is no delay / vacancy in the allocation.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Agbamoni

Activity: 322
Merit: 286

View Profile
February 10, 2024, 12:08:17 AM

Buying regularly will make you more confident in your goal of investing long term in Bitcoin.
Totally agreeable. Not only will it make you more confident in your investment goal it will help you maintain consistency until you reach your investment target. Bitcoin was created with a true conception and no monetary gain intentions with a fair launch by Satoshi. This is why the moment you start investing in bitcoin it starts making sense to buy more and more because you know where it is headed, and these drives you to invest as much as you can afford into it. The fiat system has collapsed bringing bitcoin into the picture and the government cannot do anything now to erase it form the minds of investment. People rather hold a number of bitcoins in their secured wallet for years or till retirement than holding tons or millions of fiats.

Perhaps this is the reason why holding is the best because it allows you to have a rest of mind and free from emotional troubles of having to lose your funds because of trading, actually considering the risk involves on Bitcoin trading I wonder why most people always choose to trade because irrespective of the little profit they will get from trading or if at all there would be any, it can never be compared or measured with there Bitcoin investment if they will hold it for a long term. However, DCA has been very helpful in guiding investors on the easier ways to accumulate Bitcoin.
DCA has proven to be the best and for now it is the one of the strategies that is adopted by thousands of investors. Why is it so? Apart from being risk free it is a strategy that can be afforded by big or tiny investors. I know when i started investing i struggle a lot to time the market and most times i end up not getting into the market on time. Which is very painful to me because i was a total beginner. I started regretting my decision of investing in Bitcoin because looking at the value of bitcoin i have no idea on how to accumulate till i hold a substantial amount. Not until i heard about dca, ever since then i have been one big happy investor.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Hallroom

Activity: 644
Merit: 17

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 10, 2024, 01:29:12 AM

I also think like that because logically, people who are trying to collect Bitcoin and hold it for a long time don't immediately think about selling in the near future, so it is very feasible to use the DCA method in that case. Meanwhile, trading is a very different job from collecting because the people who trade in the market are people who are targeting profits in a short time or quick profits in a certain amount so it cannot be compared to people who are collecting Bitcoin by run the DCA method.

Trading has a high risk of short-term profit and you are like risking your money in the market, when the price goes up you profit when the price goes down then you will lose then it is trading.

Accumulation with DCA has a very low risk, in fact I dare say there is no risk if you do not sell bitcoin midway due to emergency needs.
With DCA you can have an average price because DCA purchases all the time from the price going down to going up if the time is for the long term then it will continue to do that task if you are still able but I believe using DCA in the future will have better results than trading.

DCA method is good for all investors, because investing in this method controls the average level of Bitcoin price and saves a lot. DCA method is best if bitcoin is bullish, DCA method is best if bitcoin is bearish. In all cases investors are able to sustain the investment for a long time by taking savings from this DCO method.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║ 〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙 ║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
danadc

Activity: 966
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2024, 01:38:08 AM

DCA method is good for all investors, because investing in this method controls the average level of Bitcoin price and saves a lot. DCA method is best if bitcoin is bullish, DCA method is best if bitcoin is bearish. In all cases investors are able to sustain the investment for a long time by taking savings from this DCO method.

But this is about buying at the point where we see the lowest and taking into consideration whether we sell it or not when we have profits, we cannot go ahead just like that, if we are buying and selling then it is the option of each person, but I believe The best thing about this is thinking about the future, not doing things that are done just to make profits of a few dollars, buying in the dip is the best opportunity to have bitcoin.

Buying later Hodl is what I will always recommend, there is no other way, for me it is the best, and that is what many have not learned, I think that is one of the things that can be worked on, especially in the people who want have results at once, you have to have a lot of patience, you shouldn't put the things you earn only a little bit on, the best thing you can do is invest and wait, it doesn't matter what you have to wait for, it's because we will have very nice profits, if we think about what we are going to win we will be able to wait a long time, it is bitcoin, it is not just anything.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Moreno233

Merit: 180

View Profile
February 10, 2024, 02:12:36 AM
Merited by Obim34 (2)

Losses in bitcoin can always be recovered provided you don't sell off your position when there is a dump and bitcoin price is on a decline.
A loss is said to have occurred when an asset is sold below the cost price. For the case of Bitcoin, you only lose when you sold your Bitcoin and not when you have them in your wallet even though the price has gone down below the price you bought them. As long as you have trust in Bitcoin and see it as asset worth holding, it does not matter if the price goes down below the point you entered the market, as long as you are holding them, the price will always rise.

Recently we saw a dip in Bitcoin where the price of Bitcoin dropped to $39,000 which may be the highest dip before the upcoming bull market. For those looking for a desired dip in Bitcoin from the current position, I think this is the last dip. This may be the last chance for investment from the dip. Many of us may think that Bitcoin will go back to previous levels and buy from the dip. Let them know that 2017-2020 dip is extremely difficult to find and may never be possible again. Many investors who didn't get the chance to buy on the dips have regret for the day. Today's current prices may give similar things for some in the next few years.
This is the major problem with waiting for the perfect dips to buy , the reason the DCA method is preferable for me. When the price was coming down after the DCA, it was difficult knowing where the downtrend will end before the expected rise. To be honest with you, many  people felt the downtrend will continue until close to the halving after which they expect to see bull run. Some people are even still waiting for that to happen but the recent rise in price has made them to regret as they never got in. Conversely, those using the DCA method continued collecting Bitcoin as the price was dropping and the lower prices gave them more Bitcoin per dollar. Today they are happy they continued buying without looking at the prices or waiting for the perfect dip.

Those looking for dip, change your mind. Dips are not always possible. In the case of Bitcoin, the price that seems high today may be the same price will be dip for tomorrow. If we break out of this dip and do DCA then we will have the opportunity to buy from the dip and increase the Bitcoin portfolio.
You seems to talk with so much authority as though you know what the market will do the next minute. The records has shown that no one can know exactly what the market will do the next minute, the best we can do is seize the opportunity we have to secure for ourselves as much Bitcoin as we possibilly can and also ensuring we follow a flexible plan that will not distort the buying and holding sequence.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 10, 2024, 06:10:26 AM

and I consider myself a bit of a contradiction because ever since mid-to-late 2015, I started to put into practice a sell on the way up strategy, and when I first started doing it I made quite a few mistakes, but I have honed my system several times over the years.. and there are quite a few members who criticize me for such practice with claims that I should not sell any of my BTC, even if I am saying that I have it already figured out in such a way that I can sell and that I never will run out of BTC.

you shouldn't procicute yourself over selling some stash Wayback when there was an uptrend. at a point in every one's life there is that tempting sensation that make you feel to sell off, and you might end up selling some stash but that doesn't change anything from you. let by gone be by gone. what matters is how you where able to make some corrections and still keep to the rules. by now I know your wallet will be like a straw berry, waiting to chop off. LOLs

I feel real good about my whole system, and I don't even feel that bad about my mistakes - except just to sometimes realize how our perspectives change, and even when I analyze some of my past behaviors, I will sometimes see some of the behaviors, practices and mindset differently now as compared to when I was doing some of them, and it is not like I could have had changed what I was doing at the time, and maybe even with after the fact knowledge there still is no real way to change what you might have been doing, but it is just that your perspective changes, and I am not even sure if it becomes more enlightened later, or maybe it was more enlightened at the time that I was doing it.. because some of my framings were different, and so for example, I did not really become obsessed with the 200-Week moving average until maybe in the last 4-5 years.

There are probably better HODLers than me, and I consider myself a bit of a contradiction because ever since mid-to-late 2015, I started to put into practice a sell on the way up strategy, and when I first started doing it I made quite a few mistakes, but I have honed my system several times over the years.. and there are quite a few members who criticize me for such practice with claims that I should not sell any of my BTC, even if I am saying that I have it already figured out in such a way that I can sell and that I never will run out of BTC.
Actually, there are better holders than you but the question should be that are they applying same strategy as you and again those that hodl more than you have they been able to also impact the knowledge of hodling to other people? Inasmuch as I know that this thread BUY the DIP and HODL was created as far back as 2019 and you've been the only one keeping the thread active since then that's to show your love a passion for hodlers regardless of some mistakes you did made in the past but here you're now teaching and advising people that are ready and willing to buy and hodl for a long time.

In recent times, this thread is becoming difficult to keep up with.

Some persons just hodl at a fixed amount and stop buying and hodling but with the DCA is has made it possible for everyone to take part in this hodling process as some persons that would have felt that the price of Bitcoin has gotten to a certain amount that is unaffordable have now been using the DCA with the optimism that they are gonna reach their desired goal someday thereby they would have a clear story to tell their children or the younger generation on how they were patient enough to buy and hodl for a long interval of time before they were able to achieve a certain length of success in their investment journey and it would stand as a yardstick to also motivate the younger ones on the need to be patient enough to achieve great results because one of the things that's affecting humans is lack of patience forgetting to understand that the future hold greater achievement than now.

It is nice to see that quite a few members are interacting with this thread, and also they are attempting to put some kind of a personal variation of ongoing and persistent BTC accumulation, and I still think that some of these guys could end up getting burnt if they are not working towards making it through a whole cycle, and surely there are quite a few guys that are going to need a couple of cycles before they might be in a position to really start to move away from regular and ongoing BTC accumulation.

Of course, each guy has to decide for himself, and some of the mistakes can be anticipated, which largely end up boiling down to either stopping and/or slowing down on the accumulation and/or selling too many of their coinz too soon...  and so each guy has to figure these things out for himself and also anticipate the temptations to make certain kinds of mistakes like that.. and perhaps maybe sometimes the solution might be to modify the DCA amount or to otherwise consider the cash situation in order to continue with the DCA.. ... but of course, even guys who might have ONLY been accumulating $10 per week, and who might have invested $5,200 into bitcoin after 10 years, they may well start to feel that their BTC holdings have become quite large and that their ongoing contribution of $10 per week is not enough to make a difference.. so sure, they might be correct that they might be better off starting to put their $10 per week in some other place.

Being a great hodler isn't only about being selfish and doesn't want others to have same perception as you do, but by bringing up good ideas that would motivate others to also take part in what you do and what you are doing because we lead by example so for you to have been spending most of your time to attend to this thread of BUY the DIP and HODL means you're a great hodler and a good motivator. though with the nature of things now waiting for a DIP may take longer time and one can even lose interest of buying due to the fact that a DIP may not occur or might occur at a time we least expected but by using the DCA it's obvious that we would keep buying and hodling no matter the quantity we are able to afford.

Fair enough.

Selling part of ones BTC may not actually be too good for now since we're having a speculation of the price surpassing the previous ATH so for now we should be in the buying and hodling process till it attains a certain level of ATH.

There are going to be temptations to either sell or to stop accumulating BTC.. and there is ONLY so much anyone else can say to stop guys from doing that, and sometimes it does end up working out for them.. .. and so it could become even more difficult for someone who just got into bitcoin in the past 3-4 months since October 2023, but it may also be quite likely that their stash is way too small and even if someone front loaded his investment, it may well be problematic to try to employ selling techniques.. even though it is tempting.. and I cannot say when it might seem rational to start to employ such techniques of selling, even though historically I have given some examples of someone who might have had been into bitcoin for a few years, and not quite a whole cycle, and who did a lot of front running and even extra buying in the 2022 dip period, so there could be some cases where it starts to seem a bit more ambiguous when guys have accumulated a lot of BTC and they might have over did their accumulation in 2022,

so they have already justified shaving off some profits, even though BTC may well be in a very good bullish posture and at a later date, they may well be regretting their decision to shave profits... and so maybe that ties into why I frequently will talk about a kind of formula that is shaving very small amounts of profits and they are not being shaved in order to buy back, but then there is also a kind of presumption that the BTC allocation that they guy had reached is way more BTC than he needs, so he is not even wanting to buy more BTC, so that when he shaves off some BTC, he is not expecting to buy back.. so that is kind of the standard that I start to consider it acceptable to start shaving off BTC even when there is a quite large odds that the BTC price will keep going up.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Ricardo11

Activity: 378
Merit: 43

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 10, 2024, 07:08:47 AM

Currently the price of bitcoin is above 47k, hopefully this shock will push the price of bitcoin further. Bitcoin price has increased by 9.7% in the last one week. Hopefully it will continue now and this push will go far. Those who haven't bought Bitcoin yet will regret it. Those who expected the price of Bitcoin to dip, and thought they would buy when it dip, are now in for a big regret. But they should start holding now without regret, using DCA method. They can also benefit a lot from this, if they can keep it up, one time also their bitcoin portfolio will be get bigger.

smelody

Activity: 86
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 10, 2024, 07:12:03 AM

Currently the price of bitcoin is above 47k, hopefully this shock will push the price of bitcoin further. Bitcoin price has increased by 9.7% in the last one week. Hopefully it will continue now and this push will go far. Those who haven't bought Bitcoin yet will regret it. Those who expected the price of Bitcoin to dip, and thought they would buy when it dip, are now in for a big regret. But they should start holding now without regret, using DCA method. They can also benefit a lot from this, if they can keep it up, one time also their bitcoin portfolio will be get bigger.
The price of BTC is now comparatively less when you see from the beginning of its creation then only a few countries allow their people to invest in bitcoin. and only a few countries that have legalized it as a means of payment such as el salvador. Hopefully one day every country will start the same way as El Salvador.

The price of BTC now continuing very very cheap. so its actually not too late to get in now because the true potential of bitcoin is still completely seen. I believe in next generation where people will be more smart with technology and communication knowledge then that's when bitcoin will really be accepted in every country.

Eventually the opposition of BTC who have been cornering bitcoin all this time will secretly collect from now they want to be the ones who continue to dominate the market.
I_Anime

Activity: 378
Merit: 161

View Profile
February 10, 2024, 07:23:27 AM

As we move into the future, the demand for Bitcoin is increasing along with the basic needs. I think if a person invests properly by following the DCA method, he can definitely prove himself as an ideal investor. It is better to invest from present time, like me (I have kept my investment alive for 14 months) I also want to make my investment for long term. I got to see my portfolio and it made me want to invest more. So 10% of my income I invest here for long term following DCA method. This is a proper journey that I learned from JJG text.
you can say that again. Like yesterday when bitcoin was around $47k when I checked my portfolio (not the type that always checked i just love a accumulating) it's put a good smile in my face and was even more encouraged to keep DCAing and I saw that all my hard work actually paying off pretty good. Before I was planning for long-term investment but after seeing this thread and learning more about holding and accumulating as inspired me to even hold longer and keep accumulating Grin
yeah you right those that keep procastinating would endup regretting big time,  that why DCA is alway encouraging even though you are the type that always focus on buying the dip only, if you are such try an back things up with some nice DCA strategies in orde to accumulate good quantities of bitcoin and to sustain a better portfolio. So those of us that holding a certain quantity of bitcoin should continue to increase our portfolio. And also do so to keep your security phase safe that one of the main thing in holding, because without that you won't be able to access your bitcoin in some certain scenario. Just losing those 12 seed may end to one losing all it's asset in his wallet.

Mayor of ogba

Activity: 294
Merit: 177

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 10, 2024, 08:04:49 AM

In as much as one believes in the existence of Bitcoin and as a coin worth investing prioritizing profits maximization over time without considering that things could go side ways can also be bad, irrespective of the fact that every business or investment is built on profits maximization, there can be loss too, tomorrow  they said is pregnant and filled with uncertainty being ready to accept that there can be loss too  and  even considering what the worst situation could be not just  looking at the profit side of it.
Mate, every investment involves risk. That is why it is always good for you to carry out your research to know if the investment is worth the risk before you can invest your money. Also, don't invest what you cannot afford to lose so that if the investment goes sideways, it will not affect your life.
I really don't think job security is paramount here in things to consider before investing into Bitcoin, because in life anything can happen, even the job you feel that is secure, they might just lay you off for no just reason because life is unpredictable, and that is more of the reason why we should not play with our savings and emergency fund, because that is what going to keep you going till you get another job.
Job security is important to consider before starting your bitcoin investment because it will help you take care of your personal needs. If you think someone will be laid off from his job for no reason before that person starts his bitcoin accumulation journey, he or she should save a reserve fund that he or she will use in the future in case he or she loses his job that will help to settle his financial needs until he or she gets another job so that he or she will not depend on his bitcoin investment to settle his financial needs.

Oneandpure

Activity: 2044
Merit: 306

View Profile
February 10, 2024, 09:25:16 AM

Job security is important to consider before starting your bitcoin investment because it will help you take care of your personal needs. If you think someone will be laid off from his job for no reason before that person starts his bitcoin accumulation journey, he or she should save a reserve fund that he or she will use in the future in case he or she loses his job that will help to settle his financial needs until he or she gets another job so that he or she will not depend on his bitcoin investment to settle his financial needs.
Main job and part time job is very important thing to be long term investment in bitcoin, not get stable financial will difficult how to manage our salary for daily needed and investing in bitcoin. Personally had an exceptional for some one not marriage yet because their daily needed not spend large amount every day and can spent more than 60% of their salary for investing in bitcoin.
Have well main and part time job will be easy for accumulating bitcoin in daily or monthly but not support with good payment salary in offline work will face difficult how much have to spent for accumulation bitcoin and another side we need spent money every day for daily needed.
Work hard right now and invest as much possible in bitcoin before getting disappointed in one day later when bitcoin have raised more higher price.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Obim34

Activity: 238
Merit: 206

View Profile
February 10, 2024, 10:44:11 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

and I consider myself a bit of a contradiction because ever since mid-to-late 2015, I started to put into practice a sell on the way up strategy, and when I first started doing it I made quite a few mistakes, but I have honed my system several times over the years.. and there are quite a few members who criticize me for such practice with claims that I should not sell any of my BTC, even if I am saying that I have it already figured out in such a way that I can sell and that I never will run out of BTC.

you shouldn't procicute yourself over selling some stash Wayback when there was an uptrend. at a point in every one's life there is that tempting sensation that make you feel to sell off, and you might end up selling some stash but that doesn't change anything from you. let by gone be by gone. what matters is how you where able to make some corrections and still keep to the rules. by now I know your wallet will be like a straw berry, waiting to chop off. LOLs

I feel real good about my whole system, and I don't even feel that bad about my mistakes - except just to sometimes realize how our perspectives change, and even when I analyze some of my past behaviors, I will sometimes see some of the behaviors, practices and mindset differently now as compared to when I was doing some of them, and it is not like I could have had changed what I was doing at the time, and maybe even with after the fact knowledge there still is no real way to change what you might have been doing, but it is just that your perspective changes, and I am not even sure if it becomes more enlightened later, or maybe it was more enlightened at the time that I was doing it.. because some of my framings were different, and so for example, I did not really become obsessed with the 200-Week moving average until maybe in the last 4-5 years.
In my own opinion, I won't actualize it as a mistake because It was all done intentionally, you sold due to the market experiencing an uptrend and back then you made a good profit from it, that was base on your own reasoning and what you deemed fit at that point. Everyday of our lives we grow and adapt to new ideas and ways of doing stuffs, currently you won't make such a decision of selling too early without completing different cycles. Seeing how much of your time and knowledge you put in here to see people not make such drastic selling decision is really appreciating.

It's good to see Bitcoin hiiting the $47k mark, many will find delight in the price while some may not be too happy seeing the price keep going high as they are not yet very much contented from purchasing in a much lower price.

Nevertheless, there is still enough time to keep purchasing Bitcoin as we are yet still below our previous ATH,  so there is still enough room left to accumulate and add up to our portfolio.

Those who DCA are not evenly affected by the price change that alone should show a kind of superiority of DCAING over other strategy to Bitcoin accumulation.
Those who would prefer strategically buying from the DIP should also take this as part of a good opportunity to buy as we never tell in what price movements the market will follow.

Rustam Meraj

Activity: 126
Merit: 109

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 10, 2024, 11:02:42 AM

Main job and part time job is very important thing to be long term investment in bitcoin, not get stable financial will difficult how to manage our salary for daily needed and investing in bitcoin. Personally had an exceptional for some one not marriage yet because their daily needed not spend large amount every day and can spent more than 60% of their salary for investing in bitcoin.
Have well main and part time job will be easy for accumulating bitcoin in daily or monthly but not support with good payment salary in offline work will face difficult how much have to spent for accumulation bitcoin and another side we need spent money every day for daily needed.
Work hard right now and invest as much possible in bitcoin before getting disappointed in one day later when bitcoin have raised more higher price.
Having a main job and a parttime job can help you have a steady income and more freedom to invest in bitcoin. If you put a good amount of your salary into bitcoin you might make money in the future when the value of bitcoin goes up.
And your views on not being married and having fewer financial responsibilities can be helpful. It means you have more money that you can use to invest in bitcoin and make the most of any chances to make money in the market. This is especially good for people who really believe in bitcoin and want to get the most out of their investment. And if DCA will be used so this is more is investment strategy which everyone can use.

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀          SUGARS.ZONE     ❤[nbs
adultcrypto

Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2024, 03:31:13 PM

I don't know how you guys comes up with some conclusions. What brought main job and part-time job into this discussion? Why not simply put it that one need a good cashflow to be able to invest in Bitcoin? Many people in this forum have their source of funds in diverse ways like inheritance, business and so on. Your assertion of making main job and part-time job a prerequisite for bitcoin investment might be misleading. Anyone with a source of income can invest in bitcoin, he must not do two types of jobs to do that because investment is made with money and not job. I understand that you are suggesting a secured source of cashflow but your choice of words seem to be the problem.

Richbased

Activity: 294
Merit: 161

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2024, 03:54:23 PM

There are probably better HODLers than me, and I consider myself a bit of a contradiction because ever since mid-to-late 2015, I started to put into practice a sell on the way up strategy, and when I first started doing it I made quite a few mistakes, but I have honed my system several times over the years.. and there are quite a few members who criticize me for such practice with claims that I should not sell any of my BTC, even if I am saying that I have it already figured out in such a way that I can sell and that I never will run out of BTC.
Actually, there are better holders than you but the question should be that are they applying same strategy as you and again those that hodl more than you have they been able to also impact the knowledge of hodling to other people? Inasmuch as I know that this thread BUY the DIP and HODL was created as far back as 2019 and you've been the only one keeping the thread active since then that's to show your love a passion for hodlers regardless of some mistakes you did made in the past but here you're now teaching and advising people that are ready and willing to buy and hodl for a long time.

In recent times, this thread is becoming difficult to keep up with.

Though I don't actually know the reason why you said that this thread is "becoming difficult to keep up with" but regardless of whatever the case might be I'm thankful to you for keeping this thread running for some years now and i believe a lot of us have been able to acquire great knowledge from you about the importance of buying and hodling Bitcoin for a long time and also to use the DCA for regular accumulation, I in particular within the short while I've been in this forum and following you up on this thread, i must say that you've impacted some knowledge in me on my bitcoin investment journey so far and whatever be your decision i think you deserve some accolades and respect!

Some persons just hodl at a fixed amount and stop buying and hodling but with the DCA is has made it possible for everyone to take part in this hodling process as some persons that would have felt that the price of Bitcoin has gotten to a certain amount that is unaffordable have now been using the DCA with the optimism that they are gonna reach their desired goal someday thereby they would have a clear story to tell their children or the younger generation on how they were patient enough to buy and hodl for a long interval of time before they were able to achieve a certain length of success in their investment journey and it would stand as a yardstick to also motivate the younger ones on the need to be patient enough to achieve great results because one of the things that's affecting humans is lack of patience forgetting to understand that the future hold greater achievement than now.

It is nice to see that quite a few members are interacting with this thread, and also they are attempting to put some kind of a personal variation of ongoing and persistent BTC accumulation, and I still think that some of these guys could end up getting burnt if they are not working towards making it through a whole cycle, and surely there are quite a few guys that are going to need a couple of cycles before they might be in a position to really start to move away from regular and ongoing BTC accumulation.

Definitely, the interaction among users who took this thread of high level of importance is superb, just like a saying "a tree doesn't make a forest" so it is and it only takes "two to tango" so the level of understanding and confidence of users who have been following up have been elated.

Actually few people are involved in this accumulation process and I believe persistence is they key, so with time the whole accumulation process is gonna be over and good investors reaps the dividends of their prospective investments.

SOKO-DEKE

Activity: 658
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 10, 2024, 03:58:03 PM

Due to the anticipation of further declines in the Bitcoin market, many individuals may find themselves hesitating to invest in Bitcoin this year, or even in the next three years. This group of individuals, hoping for Bitcoin to drop below $39k before making a purchase, might persist in their wait even if Bitcoin reaches $20k. They could be the same individuals who continue to hold out for even lower prices, perpetually missing the opportunity to invest in Bitcoin and living with ongoing regret.

Bitcoin's unpredictable nature suggests that those with long-term investment goals shouldn't wait for further dips before initiating purchases. Instead, they could consider dividing their investment, purchasing a portion now and incrementally adding to it over time using methods like Dollar-Cost Averaging (DCA). This approach allows for steady accumulation regardless of short-term price fluctuations, ensuring that one's investment strategy remains consistent and adaptable to market conditions. Waiting indefinitely for lower prices carries the risk of missing out on potential gains and the opportunity to participate meaningfully in the Bitcoin market.

Predicting the future market of Bitcoin is exceedingly difficult, given its volatile nature and the myriad factors influencing its value. Consequently, i might wonder why individuals persistently wait form more dip before purchasing, when employing the dollar-cost averaging (DCA) method offers a strategy to accumulate Bitcoin over time, potentially acquiring it at various prices and benefiting from discounts. By consistently investing a fixed amount at regular intervals, regardless of market fluctuations,DCA mitigates the risk of mistiming purchases and allows for a smoother entry into the cryptocurrency market, promoting long-term investment goals while minimizing the impact of short-term price fluctuations.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: