Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:56:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76128 times)
Publictalk792

Activity: 280
Merit: 272

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2023, 10:04:53 AM

One of the first thing I learnt as a newbie to Bitcoin is that it is volatile. Coming from the background of forex trading, it is normal to avoid anything that volatile and with a high pip count. It was then normal to avoid Bitcoin or trade it with caution. It was when I started considering Bitcoin for long term investment the fear of the volatility left. The DCA method have actually helped me because using it, I don't pay much attention to what the price does after I purchase my Bitcoin and I don't also check my portfolio every now and then.

Making money from trading Bitcoin like the forex market is not an easy thing. Some people even complicate it via futures trading which easily destroy the account balance over minor spike. Bitcoin is not an asset to mess with because within few hours it can make you rich and within same period you can go broke. One funny experience I had with trading Bitcoin was that it usually hit the stop loss before actually going your direction. Just one spike, you are out only to watch the market go your way.

I still maintain that the best approach is long term. The advantages are just too many besides the risk of losing the entire fund is completely eliminated. Even when price drop so hard, one Bitcoin is still one Bitcoin and it is a matter of time before the price bounces back.
You are right Bitcoin value can go up and down quickly which can be scary for (traders) not for investors. And I agree with you that if you think about Bitcoin as a long term investment it can help to ease some of your issues which you face while short term ups and downs.
And the (DollarCost Averaging) DCA method you mentioned is a good strategy for people who want to invest in Bitcoin for a long time. Exactly this can reduce or even eliminate your fear and emotions.
And Regarding the future trading. I will never recommend it to anyone. And just because of this I always recommend hold and DCA strategy.
In conclusion  long-term approach to invest in Bitcoin is really a good idea. So if Bitcoin price go down so it has potential to come up with potential.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SmartGold01

Activity: 672
Merit: 726

Don't joke with my Daughter

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2023, 02:24:01 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Of course when they sold at cheap price they end up regretting their investment as I can say that bitcoin isn't that predictable based on price movement and differences and of a true 10 year can be considered a sufficient time period for one to hold his bitcoin except for someone that is greed to make some profits while they proceed their holding processes, that result in decreasing the total amount of Bitcoin in their custody.
10 years may or may not be enough.  Surely if a person had been investing 5% per year, then after 10 years, he has only invested about 50% of his annual income into bitcoin, so they might not really be in a very strong place with their BTC investment, even after 10 years investing.  Of course, 10% would result in a whole year invested and 20% would result in about 2 years of income invested.
This depends on individual plans and foresightedness to have had this long time projections with their investment plans carving out or sparing out their 5 percent per year or annually would also go a long way but then are they really ready to do that as we may say, naturally it's a good point and a very suggestive idea to help foster the accumulation processes..
Of course there are people or investors who are determined to carry out their investment plans through that strategies but on the one way or the other fall out of fate due to some form of unforeseen circumstances or not having sufficient spare cash or a cushion to covers up their unpredictable expenses, something that would make them to start tempering their proposed plans and or their portfolio making them to reduce their percentage that was set and plan for their continuous accumulation process.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
Obim34

Activity: 224
Merit: 200

View Profile
December 16, 2023, 03:06:51 PM

We all need to learn to be able to control our emotions when we see the market turning red because I see many of them who are not prepared when price changes occur and that can make them make the wrong decisions if they panic. In investing, we must be prepared to lose, because we know that the price of Bitcoin is quite volatile and could also be beyond our expectations. That's why use money that is not used for other purposes and also doesn't become a burden on your mind when prices suddenly drop drastically.
I see things about Bitcoin which we should put into consideration. first is having the knowledge about Bitcoin which most people lack some person may decide to invest due to the Bitcoin trend around the world and still not know anything concerning Bitcoin which they put their money into.

Secondly having the resource to Buy and Hold. In a case we're there is no sufficient amount to buy create a long term budget and slice down the amount in currency value or amount of Bitcoin that you can be able to accumulate at specific intervals (DCAing) . Loans and borrowed money should be exempted from the list of resource for use to buy Bitcoin.

Patience and emotional control helps in regulating the mind and body from getting panic when the price begins to DIP. Yes if the person has the knowledge of volatility then it becomes a no problem to the investor.

Lida93

Activity: 728
Merit: 519

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2023, 04:04:38 PM

We all need to learn to be able to control our emotions when we see the market turning red because I see many of them who are not prepared when price changes occur and that can make them make the wrong decisions if they panic. In investing, we must be prepared to lose, because we know that the price of Bitcoin is quite volatile and could also be beyond our expectations. That's why use money that is not used for other purposes and also doesn't become a burden on your mind when prices suddenly drop drastically.
I see things about Bitcoin which we should put into consideration. first is having the knowledge about Bitcoin which most people lack some person may decide to invest due to the Bitcoin trend around the world and still not know anything concerning Bitcoin which they put their money into.

Secondly having the resource to Buy and Hold. In a case we're there is no sufficient amount to buy create a long term budget and slice down the amount in currency value or amount of Bitcoin that you can be able to accumulate at specific intervals (DCAing) . Loans and borrowed money should be exempted from the list of resource for use to buy Bitcoin.

Patience and emotional control helps in regulating the mind and body from getting panic when the price begins to DIP. Yes if the person has the knowledge of volatility then it becomes a no problem to the investor.
Having the resource to buy and hold sounds as though you must have so much altogether to be capable to be a successful bitcoin hodler.

Simply put, from what @obim34 has said, with bitcoin knowledge and addition to a sustainable/reliable source of income flow like a job you can delineate a certain percentage for DCAing which makes bitcoin accumulation much easier to hodl for long term plan that won't be curtailed  by any slight emergency that should emerge in future.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 16, 2023, 08:12:58 PM

A neighbor of mine who is older than me came to me a few days ago for advice on investment but he told me that he did not have much money and he wanted to borrow some money from me to invest, I explained the matter very easily without giving him a loan. Tried and he understood. I explained to him that you start investing with the savings you have for now and since you are working in a good organization and from there you are getting good amount of money every month so you invest the rest every month minus your expenses. Apart from investing regularly I also advised him to hold that investment for a longer period and he assured me that he has got a good idea about investing and he can invest easily now.
That is really a good idea which you have given to him. If he was thinking that he will borrow money from you and will invest all the money at first. And if he will face any loss so he will be in double pressure. One he will pressurized by the loss and second from money he borrowed. So you gave him an excellent idea to invest from the savings and invest and hold tight. And whenever he thinks this is the separate money so he should invest. And best investment is Bitcoin that will be better for him.

Many people wrongly believe that they have to start out with big amounts, and so it can take a while to get into a better kind of mindset of adding little by little to an asset that hopefully is mostly moving up, even if it may have up and down moves along the way, and one of the problems with borrowing to invest is getting into the lump sum investment but then becoming somewhat dependent upon the BTC price going up in the short term in order to be able to service the loan. .and ultimately wanting to be able to pay off the total amount at the end of the term with BTC prices being higher than they were at the time that the loan had been taken out... so there could end up being too many preoccupations about the need for short-term BTC price performance.

I actually do not have any problem with adults making decisions to get loans to invest, but it seems that they better have ways to service the loan that are apart from the investment having to perform well during the period of the loan.

Become too greediness when investing can be dangerous for them.
When I hear trading.  I hear greedy... so yeah greedy can become dangerous.. because a person should strive to be aggressive with his/her investment but not to become overly aggressive.. so if that is what you mean by the dangers of greediness, then I would agree with that perspective.
Some people became greedy its because they think they can ask for more profits from their investment and since there's a good tracks happen recently then they assume that there's a bull run will came that's why they usually fall down and lose their money for wanting for more profits. Scenario like this is normal when trading that's why its good for anyone to avoid taking those wrong decision and always be on point regarding on their investment since nothing will happen to them if they always feel greedy by the time they invest their money on bitcoin. Maybe best for them is to hodl but they need to learn first before doing this since being equipped with proper knowledge is really important before taking any decision either for deciding to hodl for long term or either for short period of time.

I am not really bothered by the idea of greed and even someone getting into bitcoin right away before they study it, and coming into bitcoin merely based on superficial knowledge is also o.k... yet at the same time, if a person comes in with little to no knowledge, then they likely need to start out with a pretty decently small position size while they are figuring out other details of their investment plan.. and sure they might even come into bitcoin and already plan to invest 4-10 years or longer, but if they are investing and learning about it, they are also free to change their mind along the way, yet one of the things with bitcoin, is that the more that a person learns, the more likely he should be wanting to continue with the investment, even if the size of the investment might be small, which might even be something like 1% of his investment portfolio or maybe 1% of his income to start out. .and so it can be difficult to determine how long it could take someone to be able to learn about bitcoin and to make sure that they are getting information from good sources, rather than some of the baloney and misleading information about bitcoin that is out there... so sometimes it can take a long time for someone to come around to figuring out the good information from the not so good information, yet there has always been bad information out there about bitcoin, and even though there is a lot of bad information out there, there is a lot of good information available too.. .. whether we are talking about podcasts or even reading various articles from bitcoin oriented folks (sometimes referred to as bitcoin maxis, but also might be bitcoin-focused or bitcoin informed folks.. and folks who are not overly distracted into various shitcoins, which remains one of the dangers of not being able to figure out how bitcoin is different from various shitcoins).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Miles2006

Activity: 224
Merit: 149

Cashback 15%

View Profile
December 16, 2023, 08:38:40 PM
Merited by fillippone (1)

We should also consider common factors that will help us grow in our investment cause even the slightest mistake can cause lose in our investment, talking about the knowledge of bitcoin it's best every newly investor should know how bitcoin works and invest properly, concerning the knowledge of bitcoin if I may ask what happened to experienced investors who still make mistake and forget how the market works. It's proper for every beginners like me to have the knowledge and guide before investing, a lot of newly investors have the knowledge but still fail to learn and take corrections, the greatest knowledge a person will acquire is to learn from previous mistakes.

The idea with having the knowledge first sounds great but still a lot of investors with the knowledge can't go a long way with their investment especially the long term investment cause a lot of investors exhibit this habit of fear, in investment like this fear can stop the journey of some investors mostly newbies, let's take what's happening in the market for example most investors will love to pull out just because of fear. Another example of investors who have the knowledge but still can't invest proper they're called Risk averse investors they never get satisfied with the price and they always want more from the market in essence they're scared of taking risk, in my opinion even with the knowledge investors who exhibit this habit can't involve in the long term investment.

salad daging

Activity: 1638
Merit: 794

Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2023, 09:07:10 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), ginsan (1)

Bitcoin transaction fees have gotten so out of hand that it has almost touched 521 sat/vB as of today, some exchanges have increased their withdrawal fees due to this congested network.

Why do I say that, because I to do DCA every week always go through the exchange to buy bitcoin and then move it to a non-custodial wallet for further security, but in the last few weeks it has become a hindrance because I cannot withdraw BTC on the exchange for no reason because of the high fees that make me a burden and it's a shame if I have to charge tens of dollars in withdrawal fees, maybe as a temporary consideration I will keep it on the exchange for a while until the network returns to normal to withdraw it back.

I don't make large purchases of bitcoin, but with a few dollars spent it still means something to us if it is cumulative every week.
The most important thing is that I have pocketed bitcoins in my personal wallet for the long term and this is safe enough, while bitcoins on exchanges are around 15% of the total portfolio.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Frankolala

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
December 16, 2023, 09:12:47 PM

We should also consider common factors that will help us grow in our investment cause even the slightest mistake can cause lose in our investment, talking about the knowledge of bitcoin it's best every newly investor should know how bitcoin works and invest properly, concerning the knowledge of bitcoin if I may ask what happened to experienced investors who still make mistake and forget how the market works. It's proper for every beginners like me to have the knowledge and guide before investing, a lot of newly investors have the knowledge but still fail to learn and take corrections, the greatest knowledge a person will acquire is to learn from previous mistakes.
This is because such investors never prepared their mindset to go on a long-term bitcoin journey by not having a bitcoin target and not listening to the simple rules of investing with only the amount of money that they will not need for a long period of time. They have used the money for other important purpose and that is why, if there is any little price pump or dump, they will panic and sell because of FOMO. Forgetting that they are missing out the compound interest in bitcoin investment which is the highest of all profits.

The idea with having the knowledge first sounds great but still a lot of investors with the knowledge can't go a long way with their investment especially the long-term investment causes a lot of investors exhibit this habit of fear, in investment like this fear can stop the journey of some investors mostly newbies, let's take what's happening in the market for example most investors will love to pull out just because of fear. Another example of investors who have the knowledge but still can't invest proper they're called Risk averse investors they never get satisfied with the price and they always want more from the market in essence they're scared of taking risk, in my opinion even with the knowledge investors who exhibit this habit can't involve in the long-term investment.
DCA strategy and a long-term investment kills that fear and minimize the risk because the price of bitcoin keeps on being higher in every new circle than the previous in both the bottom line and the ATH, that is why newbies needs to understand this and build up their investment portfolio. Anyone that is not discipline and patient with his bitcoin portfolio, might end up not having any/low fraction of bitcoin in the long run when bitcoin price might get up to $500k(for example) and above because he is after short term profit which will not have any significant in future.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 616

View Profile
December 16, 2023, 09:54:51 PM

Many people wrongly believe that they have to start out with big amounts, and so it can take a while to get into a better kind of mindset of adding little by little to an asset that hopefully is mostly moving up, even if it may have up and down moves along the way, and one of the problems with borrowing to invest is getting into the lump sum investment but then becoming somewhat dependent upon the BTC price going up in the short term in order to be able to service the loan. .and ultimately wanting to be able to pay off the total amount at the end of the term with BTC prices being higher than they were at the time that the loan had been taken out... so there could end up being too many preoccupations about the need for short-term BTC price performance.

I actually do not have any problem with adults making decisions to get loans to invest, but it seems that they better have ways to service the loan that are apart from the investment having to perform well during the period of the loan.
Yes, that's quite true sir because many people hesitate with their initial decision because they are hesitant to start with a larger level or with a smaller amount. However, it doesn't matter if they have a lot of money because they can divide it into several categories in their investments, both making purchases at once and doing it sustainably with the allocation of money that they have divided into several categories. So, for beginners, of course they can start with small amounts which they can do regularly using the DCA method.

Their financial balance in investment will make them comfortable in every purchasing period because whether the market is red or rising, they can do it because they have a stock of reserve assets that they have allocated. But if they start with a lump sum purchase and don't have reserve assets to accumulate when the market turns red then they will be stuck with the existing situation.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2023, 11:49:13 PM

Bitcoin transaction fees have gotten so out of hand that it has almost touched 521 sat/vB as of today, some exchanges have increased their withdrawal fees due to this congested network.

Why do I say that, because I to do DCA every week always go through the exchange to buy bitcoin and then move it to a non-custodial wallet for further security, but in the last few weeks it has become a hindrance because I cannot withdraw BTC on the exchange for no reason because of the high fees that make me a burden and it's a shame if I have to charge tens of dollars in withdrawal fees, maybe as a temporary consideration I will keep it on the exchange for a while until the network returns to normal to withdraw it back.

I don't make large purchases of bitcoin, but with a few dollars spent it still means something to us if it is cumulative every week.
The most important thing is that I have pocketed bitcoins in my personal wallet for the long term and this is safe enough, while bitcoins on exchanges are around 15% of the total portfolio.

We may well need to adapt our practices to the current situation, and I know that there have been many members who are so scared of keeping any level of value on exchanges, and personally, I think that we need to attempt to be practical about the matter rather than having a rule that might not work so well, especially for guys who are buying low quantities of bitcoin, and I personally think that if you are creating UTXOs of less than $100, then you are likely putting yourself into potentially uncomfortable positions, whether in the future or even under current circumstances.  There may well be a lot of forum members who had been transferring way less than $100 at a time, and what are they going to do in times like this if they need to send their bitcoin, and then maybe drawing from several addresses at the same time, then each address (utxo) has a fee, so it can add up, and it might not even be economically feasible to spend from the lower value addresses, even if you are wanting to send a larger amount that has to combine several UTXOs in order to reach the send amount.

Maybe there are going to be solutions in the future to spend from the smaller value locations, and sometimes the price of bitcoin could go up by so much, so it makes the UTXOs more valuable in terms of dollars, but I am not going to proclaim if there are going to be solutions for the folks who have a bunch of UTXOs with small values in them... and by the way, there might even be times in the future that $100 is not a high enough value to have in a UTXO, and it may even be the case right now that if someone has to spend $20 to $50 for transaction fees, then it might not make much sense to be sending transactions that are worth less than $1k or so, so it might make even more sense for those guys buying $10 per week, to keep their value on an exchange until it reaches somewhere between $500 and $1k, even if it might take them a year to get to that amount, and surely guys have to make decisions regarding balancing how much they want to have on exchanges, and also sometimes there are going to be periods in which the transaction fees are lower, and there could be attempts to time the transfer for those lower transaction fee periods, as you mentioned salad daging.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Benedictare

Activity: 238
Merit: 54

View Profile
December 17, 2023, 12:42:58 AM

Yes, that's quite true sir because many people hesitate with their initial decision because they are hesitant to start with a larger level or with a smaller amount. However, it doesn't matter if they have a lot of money because they can divide it into several categories in their investments, both making purchases at once and doing it sustainably with the allocation of money that they have divided into several categories. So, for beginners, of course they can start with small amounts which they can do regularly using the DCA method.

Their financial balance in investment will make them comfortable in every purchasing period because whether the market is red or rising, they can do it because they have a stock of reserve assets that they have allocated. But if they start with a lump sum purchase and don't have reserve assets to accumulate when the market turns red then they will be stuck with the existing situation.
   Starting an investment with huge finance is a wrong move,one of the principle of investment is to start small and grow big ,to be a good Bitcoin investor, you need to start investing and accumulation gradually using your DCA strategy neverminding how small you are buying at that moment because with time, it will grow to become huge . Gradually
 saving for long term will not have any financial effect on you and your expenses  .
   Getting a loan to setup a business or having an investment is totally out of it since the interest rate will keep increasing, instead you save towards your investment or involve in contributions with trusted people so that when it is your turn to collect ,you save theoney and start buying little by little in to your port folio ,what if you are not able to
 meet up your speculated time of the loan payment due to one reason or the other or the price of Bitcoin remains stagnant for a long time or the price drops below the amount you bought it what will happen,  therefore it is not advicesible to borrow or loan money to invest in Bitcoin .an adage say little drops of water makes a might ocean.
Lida93

Activity: 728
Merit: 519

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2023, 07:18:57 AM

source
More nearer than ever.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2023, 10:05:35 AM

Exactly.. a person (newbie into bitcoin/investing) can start out by dedicating 5% to 10% of his income into the investment, and after a few years increase that to higher amounts.. but surely if it remains unfeasible to increase the investment amount to more than 5% to 10%, then such person should just do what he can, and even 5% to 10% will likely add up, even though 5% is likely only equivalent to having had invested a whole year's salary after 20 years of employing such strategy, but 10% has chances of having invested a whole year's salary after 10 years.. and sometimes these higher levels of aggressiveness (when possible) can make really stupendous kinds of differences in therms of the progress made and how the quantities might add up to significant, meaningful and potentially life-changing amounts.
That's actually good figures to invest but knowing newbies they don't easily go with long term investment that's why they also need to experience first how to trade well in the market and after that for sure they would realize that Hodl is so good for anyone and for that they can start this 5% or `10% part of their salary for their investment.

I don't see how trading is going to help anyone to potentially build up their BTC holdings in a faster way, and probably one of the better ways to increase their BTC holdings and their abilities to reach 1 year's salary invested in a shorter period of time is to increase income and/or cut expenses.

Sure, if someone has no realistic ways to increase his/her income and/or job possibilities, then maybe in those kinds of circumstances, there could be some value in learning trading.. but I still have my doubts, especially when it comes to bitcoin.  Bitcoin is amongst the best of asymmetric Upward opportunities that any of us have (if not the best), so why would we want to be fucking around with it and trying to trade it?  That hardly makes any sense, and surely if trading bitcoin, then there is some needs to learn about bitcoin, but if trading shitcoins, then there would be needs to learn about that crap, including likely a lot of distracting and not even good kinds of information... especially if you are attempting to learn about pumping and dumping and market sentiment and a lot of that dumb stuff..

Maybe it can help if they do good trades and earn some profit from their daily trading activities but its really hard to achieve this since we provably face a lot of stress due to unpredictability of the market that's why beginners should never play with this if they are new especially if they are eager to get profit since for sure they will just get burned for their wrong expecting and executing some wrong actions.

But since we all see how bitcoin grows and show this is for long term much really better for anyone to invest for this coin for long term since it can save them from stress and time for always there monitoring the market movements. Newbie should learn to acquire some skills and patience since this could give them real profit if they learn to hold for long term since if they always there for short term for sure there's nothing gonna happen on their investment as they remain eating chunks.

We can only see that pumping dumping scheme on shitcoins so maybe people usually go there for short term only especially those what so called skilled trader but for newbie they should know the risk for trading and following someone investing since for sure they would provably get drought and lose their money which they think before to use for investment in bitcoin.

Publictalk792

Activity: 280
Merit: 272

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2023, 01:48:51 PM

I am not really bothered by the idea of greed and even someone getting into bitcoin right away before they study it, and coming into bitcoin merely based on superficial knowledge is also o.k... yet at the same time, if a person comes in with little to no knowledge, then they likely need to start out with a pretty decently small position size while they are figuring out other details of their investment plan.. and sure they might even come into bitcoin and already plan to invest 4-10 years or longer, but if they are investing and learning about it, they are also free to change their mind along the way, yet one of the things with bitcoin, is that the more that a person learns, the more likely he should be wanting to continue with the investment, even if the size of the investment might be small, which might even be something like 1% of his investment portfolio or maybe 1% of his income to start out. .and so it can be difficult to determine how long it could take someone to be able to learn about bitcoin and to make sure that they are getting information from good sources, rather than some of the baloney and misleading information about bitcoin that is out there... so sometimes it can take a long time for someone to come around to figuring out the good information from the not so good information, yet there has always been bad information out there about bitcoin, and even though there is a lot of bad information out there, there is a lot of good information available too.. .. whether we are talking about podcasts or even reading various articles from bitcoin oriented folks (sometimes referred to as bitcoin maxis, but also might be bitcoin-focused or bitcoin informed folks.. and folks who are not overly distracted into various shitcoins, which remains one of the dangers of not being able to figure out how bitcoin is different from various shitcoins).
I understand what you meant about people being greedy and not knowing much about Bitcoin... when they start investing. Its a good idea to start with a small amount of money when learning about it. It is also ok... to change the mind as learn more.
By the way you are also right it can hard to know  the information about Bitcoin is trusted or not. Some sources give wrong information... but there is good sources too that teach us important things. It might take time to figure out... which sources is good but it is important to stay inform and look for trusted sources.
Listening to podcasts... and reading articles from people who know better about Bitcoin... could help us understanding it better. Its important to be careful about other cryptocurrencies that may distract... With always learning and stay informed can tell us to make better decisions about our Bitcoin investments. But if anyone using the DCA method so I think this is the best strategy which should not be changed. If anyone want to change strategy so this is better he/s should make a new plan of investment.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
erep

Activity: 2268
Merit: 586

View Profile
December 17, 2023, 05:01:47 PM

By the way you are also right it can hard to know  the information about Bitcoin is trusted or not. Some sources give wrong information... but there is good sources too that teach us important things. It might take time to figure out... which sources is good but it is important to stay inform and look for trusted sources.
Every information you get from any source must be identified as the initial source of information, so don't trust the source of information without checking the truth of the information on other information sources, don't even completely trust bitcoin information on website sources, some negative news on the crypto market without a clear source and their media often publish news based on assumptions to influence panic during market corrections. In my opinion, the only trusted sources of information are the Bitcointalk, Telegram and X forums, but it must come from a trusted account.

But if anyone using the DCA method so I think this is the best strategy which should not be changed. If anyone want to change strategy so this is better he/s should make a new plan of investment.
The DCA method is very effective for realizing the crypto investment that you have planned according to your individual finances. I think if they choose another method it is very risky for the unpredictable crypto market, so we don't need to look at other methods but we can combine the DCA method with Another investment method to be able to handle the risk of loss, according to the topic title "Buy the Dip, and Hold!" is an important part of the DCA method, so investors or traders who apply the DCA method have planned to save reserve funds to increase investment at the DIP price, and they will hold for the long term until they reach ATH 2024.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
MusaPk

Activity: 630
Merit: 195

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2023, 06:06:03 PM

Maybe it can help if they do good trades and earn some profit from their daily trading activities but its really hard to achieve this since we provably face a lot of stress due to unpredictability of the market that's why beginners should never play with this if they are new especially if they are eager to get profit since for sure they will just get burned for their wrong expecting and executing some wrong actions.

But since we all see how bitcoin grows and show this is for long term much really better for anyone to invest for this coin for long term since it can save them from stress and time for always there monitoring the market movements. Newbie should learn to acquire some skills and patience since this could give them real profit if they learn to hold for long term since if they always there for short term for sure there's nothing gonna happen on their investment as they remain eating chunks.

We can only see that pumping dumping scheme on shitcoins so maybe people usually go there for short term only especially those what so called skilled trader but for newbie they should know the risk for trading and following someone investing since for sure they would provably get drought and lose their money which they think before to use for investment in bitcoin.

Why to do day trading when we know that success is in long term investment not the other way. Bitcoin doesn't move in a pattern that we can predict his future price accurately. Like in current bull run everyone was saying that Bitcoin will very soon be touching 50k but we see there is some resistance at 43k and price is yet to cross 43k. We know price will surely reach 50k in the long run but in short run there is no way we can say on which day we see price crossing 43k or making its way to 50k.
If you follow such small signals only then one can figure out why long term hodling is better then short term trading. From distance it looks like day trading is very much profitable but in reality ts not. 

khiholangkang

Activity: 2002
Merit: 555

View Profile
December 17, 2023, 06:37:15 PM

I come back to this thread and want to say that the discussion brought in this thread about bitcoin buying strategies and such that Jayjuangee and other colleagues always talk about the importance of DCA in investing in bitcoin, without market pressure due to declines, having buying opportunities at the lowest price in the trend, this allows you to get both short-term and long-term profits.

I previously discussed DCA when the price of bitcoin moved between $20k-$30k in this thread, and while I accumulated little by little, because I was just a worker, so DCA was the right strategy that I had to do in investing in bitcoin, so far precisely in December the profit could be calculated at 60%-70% from 6-7 months ago.

and HOLD BTC is the action you should choose

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 616

View Profile
December 17, 2023, 09:09:30 PM

Starting an investment with huge finance is a wrong move,one of the principle of investment is to start small and grow big ,to be a good Bitcoin investor, you need to start investing and accumulation gradually using your DCA strategy neverminding how small you are buying at that moment because with time, it will grow to become huge . Gradually
 saving for long term will not have any financial effect on you and your expenses  .
   Getting a loan to setup a business or having an investment is totally out of it since the interest rate will keep increasing, instead you save towards your investment or involve in contributions with trusted people so that when it is your turn to collect ,you save theoney and start buying little by little in to your port folio ,what if you are not able to
 meet up your speculated time of the loan payment due to one reason or the other or the price of Bitcoin remains stagnant for a long time or the price drops below the amount you bought it what will happen,  therefore it is not advicesible to borrow or loan money to invest in Bitcoin .an adage say little drops of water makes a might ocean.
What you say is quite correct, in fact I have been doing it for the last 1 year by stacking with DCA. First of all, we have to be consistent in continuing to buy at maturity and don't worry about short-term price movements because that can doubt the decision. After we go through 10 stages of purchasing with dca, you will be more confident in continuing to buy because our confidence will grow in continuing to buy at each stage. I make purchases every 2 weeks and I only make two purchases a month.

However, there are also those who make purchases every week, but it all depends on the strategy they apply. Those who implemented DCA purchases in the last year were lucky enough to be able to buy BTC at a cheaper price of $20k at that time. The best thing is to buy and keep holding and don't sell all your BTC holdings if you are in an economic crisis, sell just a little and when your economy recovers you can budget back funds to continue buying BTC.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1123

View Profile
December 17, 2023, 09:53:21 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), AprilioMP (1)

-snip-
What you say is quite correct, in fact I have been doing it for the last 1 year by stacking with DCA. First of all, we have to be consistent in continuing to buy at maturity and don't worry about short-term price movements because that can doubt the decision. After we go through 10 stages of purchasing with dca, you will be more confident in continuing to buy because our confidence will grow in continuing to buy at each stage. I make purchases every 2 weeks and I only make two purchases a month.

However, there are also those who make purchases every week, but it all depends on the strategy they apply. Those who implemented DCA purchases in the last year were lucky enough to be able to buy BTC at a cheaper price of $20k at that time. The best thing is to buy and keep holding and don't sell all your BTC holdings if you are in an economic crisis, sell just a little and when your economy recovers you can budget back funds to continue buying BTC.
It doesn't matter how you do DCA either weekly or bi-weekly. The important thing is; You do it consistently as long as you have an income. The problem experienced by most people is the inconsistency of income which makes them unable to determine the investment period regularly. If you manage to set aside a budget of $50 a week, it's best to do DCA every week rather than doing it every two weeks. But of course you can do it based on your own wishes and which one is best in your opinion.

But sometimes you also need to consider a lump sum, it is a good option to get more bitcoin at a low price; for example when the correction is more than 5%. I've done it a few times this year, but DCA is the one I prioritize.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2023, 02:09:30 AM

Exactly.. a person (newbie into bitcoin/investing) can start out by dedicating 5% to 10% of his income into the investment, and after a few years increase that to higher amounts.. but surely if it remains unfeasible to increase the investment amount to more than 5% to 10%, then such person should just do what he can, and even 5% to 10% will likely add up, even though 5% is likely only equivalent to having had invested a whole year's salary after 20 years of employing such strategy, but 10% has chances of having invested a whole year's salary after 10 years.. and sometimes these higher levels of aggressiveness (when possible) can make really stupendous kinds of differences in therms of the progress made and how the quantities might add up to significant, meaningful and potentially life-changing amounts.
That's actually good figures to invest but knowing newbies they don't easily go with long term investment that's why they also need to experience first how to trade well in the market and after that for sure they would realize that Hodl is so good for anyone and for that they can start this 5% or `10% part of their salary for their investment.
I don't see how trading is going to help anyone to potentially build up their BTC holdings in a faster way, and probably one of the better ways to increase their BTC holdings and their abilities to reach 1 year's salary invested in a shorter period of time is to increase income and/or cut expenses.

Sure, if someone has no realistic ways to increase his/her income and/or job possibilities, then maybe in those kinds of circumstances, there could be some value in learning trading.. but I still have my doubts, especially when it comes to bitcoin.  Bitcoin is amongst the best of asymmetric Upward opportunities that any of us have (if not the best), so why would we want to be fucking around with it and trying to trade it?  That hardly makes any sense, and surely if trading bitcoin, then there is some needs to learn about bitcoin, but if trading shitcoins, then there would be needs to learn about that crap, including likely a lot of distracting and not even good kinds of information... especially if you are attempting to learn about pumping and dumping and market sentiment and a lot of that dumb stuff..
Maybe it can help if they do good trades and earn some profit from their daily trading activities

Why are you continuing to pursue this dumb idea?  We are not talking about trading here, and probably for an overwhelming majority of normal people, they neither have skills or time for trading, so why employ a more advance technique when it is not necessary.. You are merely complicating matters by 1) suggesting trading is a good thing and 2) even suggesting that trading is something that is needed to know prior to getting into bitcoin...   You are suggesting the opposite of the truth, and I wonder why?  Do you even recognize and appreciate that trading is a more advance technique?  Why are you promoting trading as if it were a less advance technique?  I feel like I am repeating myself.

but its really hard to achieve this since we provably face a lot of stress due to unpredictability of the market that's why beginners should never play with this if they are new especially if they are eager to get profit since for sure they will just get burned for their wrong expecting and executing some wrong actions.

Yes.. they get burned by trading, but not by investing.

if they invest, they just pick a position size, such as investing $100 per week or some other amount.  And sure they could also lump sum invest (such as front-load into bitcoin) or buy on dips, but it is likely best to start out with the most basic and build their way up to more complicated techniques after they first get used to getting into bitcoin.  Some people have more knowledge and experiences in regards to investing and managing their cashlfow so that they are able to invest, so if they are new to investing, then they might have to learn some of the basics of just managing their cashflows, but they can learn those kinds of basic things as they regularly continue to build a bitcoin position.. and they might be building a bitcoin position for 4-10 years or longer.. so does not hurt to try to study aspects of bitcoin and to get used to bitcoin as they are buying it and even learning where and how to store their BTC...and so in the very beginning they might not need to know as much about where and how to store their BTC, but if they invest a lot or they continue to build their bitcoin investment portfolio, then they may well need to learn more about the various ways to securely store their coins, including figuring out ways to manage their own BTC private keys rather than having their BTC held with third parties. 

Those learnings of how to store and secure your coins are likely more important skills than learning about trading.... and no one should want to trade something as potentially valuable as bitcoin.. best thing is to build it up, and surely if they get to a large enough BTC stash in the future, then maybe they might choose to fuck around (and trade) with some small portion of their BTC, such as less than 10% of their BTC holdings.

But since we all see how bitcoin grows and show this is for long term much really better for anyone to invest for this coin for long term since it can save them from stress and time for always there monitoring the market movements.

Sure, the more that people buy into BTC, then they may well become concerned over changes in value, but they also can look at past charts and see that bitcoin has a history that includes a lot of price volatility that is likely not going to stop any time soon.

Newbie should learn to acquire some skills and patience since this could give them real profit if they learn to hold for long term since if they always there for short term for sure there's nothing gonna happen on their investment as they remain eating chunks.

Ultimately a person has to figure out his own investing style and how much to invest into bitcoin without it causing him to become overly emotional about it, and surely there can be some benefits towards investing somewhat aggressively and maybe being able to deal with negative BTC price performance by having some kinds of buying plans.. whether it is buying on dips or just continuing to buy BTC for several years while building a BTC investment portfolio, and depending upon how much they are investing, such as if they are investing 10% to 25% of their income into BTC, then they may well establish a decently-sized bitcoin position faster than if he might be investing only 1% t0 5%, then it will take a lot longer to build a decently sized BTC investment position.

[edited out]
But if anyone using the DCA method so I think this is the best strategy which should not be changed. If anyone want to change strategy so this is better he/s should make a new plan of investment.

DCA tends to be a good strategy for someone building a position and if they are not sure what to do or how to get exposure to BTC, and they might not even be sure how long they are going to keep investing into BTC or to continue to hold their position.

Even though DCA tends to be amongst the best BTC accumulation strategy for an overwhelming majority of people, anyone can adapt their BTC accumulation approach based on spending time to learn more about ways to employ other strategies, but if they are somewhat new to building a BTC position, and maybe even if they do not have money that they can transfer to bitcoin from other places, they may well be better off to employ strict forms of DCA or mild variations of DCA that is largely just adapting to their cashflow situation.

If someone builds up his bitcoin position fast by either lump summing into bitcoin or maybe just drawing a high percentage of their salary to buy bitcoin, they might put themselves into a position in which they might want to combine DCA with buying on dips or maybe even convert into buying on dips, and it can be difficult to know when someone might be better off to convert to some other strategy, because if someone ONLY invests into bitcoin, there may be some needs to diversify into other investments, especially once their bitcoin investment starts to reach a year or even several years of their annual salary, and there could likely be circumstances in which it makes sense to start to diversify into other investments even before having had accumulated a whole years salary into bitcoin.

Every information you get from any source must be identified as the initial source of information, so don't trust the source of information without checking the truth of the information on other information sources, don't even completely trust bitcoin information on website sources, some negative news on the crypto market without a clear source and their media often publish news based on assumptions to influence panic during market corrections. In my opinion, the only trusted sources of information are the Bitcointalk, Telegram and X forums, but it must come from a trusted account.

Of course, it is good to develop good critical thinking skills, which largely would mean that we need to be able to sort better kinds of information from worse kinds of information, so many statements will have facts, logic (analysis) and conclusions (opinions), so we can question the sources of information in regards to any of those whether they are providing good facts, logic and/or conclusions.. and so when we are new to a topic, we might have more difficulties figuring out if the facts are being described correctly, sometimes, we will have to learn skills to be able to determine if the logic is sound and if they logic leads to the conclusions that are reached.

Trusted sources do help, especially when we are new to a topic, but sometimes trusted sources are not correct on all topics... sometime we can also compare various trusted sources, and even compare them with untrusted sources (to the extent that we are willing to get distracted by spending time reading and/or analyzing untrusted sources who sometimes do present accurate information on some topics)... and sometimes we also have to forum our own conclusions based on various opinions, and sometimes we cannot find anyone who might speak to exact topics or issues that we personally need to resolve, and we may well need to take a position (or take some kind of action and come to our own conclusions, and sometimes if we are not sure, then we might moderate the position/action that we take).

The DCA method is very effective for realizing the crypto investment

We are ONLY talking about bitcoin, so fuck shitcoins.

DCA does not necessarily work on shitcoins, especially since there may well not be any shitcoins that have an investment thesis that is strong enough in order to invest into them.  You have to have a strong investment thesis in order for DCA to be justifiable... which works iwth Bitcoin.. and yes, bitcoin is the topic of this thread.. not shitcoins or crypto.. whatever the fuck that is.

that you have planned according to your individual finances. I think if they choose another method it is very risky for the unpredictable crypto market, so we don't need to look at other methods but we can combine the DCA method with Another investment method to be able to handle the risk of loss, according to the topic title "Buy the Dip, and Hold!" is an important part of the DCA method, so investors or traders who apply the DCA method have planned to save reserve funds to increase investment at the DIP price, and they will hold for the long term until they reach ATH 2024.

We are not trading here either... so long term might not be 2024 unless maybe you have been investing since 2020 or earlier, and maybe if you have a 4-10 year or longer investment time horizon, you still might not be necessarily looking at selling in 2024 or 2025 or whenever the ATH comes, but it is surely nice to be getting BTC prior to the next ATH, so I will agree with you about the benefits of buying BTC prior to the next ATH, to the extent that you were potentially talking about BTC rather than shitcoin or crypto, whatever that might be.. we could give less than two shits about other coins.. so we are ONLY talking about bitcoin here, in this thread.

The best thing is to buy and keep holding and don't sell all your BTC holdings if you are in an economic crisis, sell just a little and when your economy recovers you can budget back funds to continue buying BTC.

You should always try to create enough of an emergency fund that accounts for your variation in your cashflow or even emergencies that might happen so that you should never have to sell any of your BTC, except at a time that is completely of your own choosing, such as the BTC prices are going up or even that you have been holding BTC for a long enough time that you have transitioned from your accumulation stage to your maintenance stage.

So, the more that you know in advance that you might have emergencies, the more you should know that you should not be investing into bitcoin in such a way that bitcoin is going to have to be a source of emergency funds for you.  These kinds of emergency fund matters are more important to beginner investors, and very beginner investors might not have even thought about having an emergency fund, and frequently the lack of an emergency fund is a sign that the person has failed/refused to plan and probably has overinvested into bitcoin, which is not a good position to be.

I personally believe that the lack of an emergency fund should not serve as a reason to NOT invest into bitcoin, but a person who is beginning to invest into bitcoin, might have to keep his investment into bitcoin at a smaller level while he is building up the size of his emergency fund, and an emergency fund should be between 3 months to 6 months salary/expenses, and the more solid a person's emergency fund, the more aggressive that he can afford to be in his bitcoin investment  and/or any other investment that he chooses to make.

By the way, if a person has reached entry-level fuck you status, or even higher than that (such as multiple levels of fuck you status), his emergency fund becomes less important.  Reaching fuck you status just means that the person does not have to work, and maybe he chooses to work, but he does not have to.  Anyhow, if a person has considerable amount of wealth that he is able to draw from the wealth on a regular basis to pay for his monthly expenses, then if an emergency comes, maybe he has money that is set aside for an emergency fund, but it might not matter very much if his wealth is excessive, so his emergency fund is less critical to maintain (in terms of getting reckt financially/psychologically) as compared with a newer investor who is earlier in his building up of his investment portfolio.  The earlier you are, the more important it is to have an emergency fund, and not to get reckt because you were to greedy to be investing money that you actually needed for your expenses and for your failure/refusal to establish an emergency fund.

Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: