Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:14:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: S17+ S9k/SE T17 S17/Pro DR5 B7 Others All Overclock per chip and Voltage Control  (Read 10187 times)
efudd

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 06:13:35 PM

Version 1.1 is now released with some improvements. The speed was increased a little and the main image was updated to Bitmains 4/23/2019 version which corrected some issues, please leave me your feedback. The link on the first post has been updated. Please read all updated info on the first post there is important information regarding future releases.

Hey Chipless, are you only using one power supply for the boards? I just updated to your latest firmware and the Z11 shuts down momentarily and then starts back up but doesnt hash, just stays at 0.

cheers mate.

That's likely a sign of too much voltage which leads too too much draw which leads to a PSU reset. What PSU are you running? APW3 or APW7 (or something else)?

You can test by pulling power and connector to one board and see if it works.... otherwise, the no hashing is also could be a sign of voltage+frequency being too high leaving the ASICs in a "limp" mode. Although, to be fair, I normally still see a 10kSol/ASIC hash in what I call "limp mode".

-j

chipless (OP)

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 06:41:26 PM

Version 1.1 is now released with some improvements. The speed was increased a little and the main image was updated to Bitmains 4/23/2019 version which corrected some issues, please leave me your feedback. The link on the first post has been updated. Please read all updated info on the first post there is important information regarding future releases.

Hey Chipless, are you only using one power supply for the boards? I just updated to your latest firmware and the Z11 shuts down momentarily and then starts back up but doesnt hash, just stays at 0.

cheers mate.

No I am using a APW7 @220v though....running it at 120v will cut you short by a few hundred watts

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 06:43:18 PM

cheers mate.

That's likely a sign of too much voltage which leads too too much draw which leads to a PSU reset. What PSU are you running? APW3 or APW7 (or something else)?

You can test by pulling power and connector to one board and see if it works.... otherwise, the no hashing is also could be a sign of voltage+frequency being too high leaving the ASICs in a "limp" mode. Although, to be fair, I normally still see a 10kSol/ASIC hash in what I call "limp mode".

-j

I figured as much....I use a APW7 @220 so I am going to have to adjust for 110v users where the ps only puts out about 1200 watts compared to the full 1800 @220

I will redo the image and fix that this evening.

Roguepanther

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 09:16:20 PM

cheers mate.

-j

I figured as much....I use a APW7 @220 so I am going to have to adjust for 110v users where the ps only puts out about 1200 watts compared to the full 1800 @220

I will redo the image and fix that this evening.

Im running an apw7 on 220v as well. Okay, i think the frequency/voltage is to high for my z11, if i let it sit at zero all hashboards show an X, until i reboot. Your Beta3 works fantastic though! 150ksol/s no problem, other than the share glitch. Thanks for all your hard work mate.
chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 10:26:10 PM

Updated v1.1 to v1.2 to fix power draw. Sorry folks .... I test it here and if it runs 1-2 days I release it. I forgot some may have lless power available. Please leave me your feedback on v1.2

chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 12:07:18 AM

cheers mate.

-j

I got a report of 1900 watts with the v1.1 the v1.2 was lowered back to about 1800 watts

chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 09:40:00 AM

Oh...it can be overclocked but your going to use some power doing it depending how far you want to go....tomorrow its time to hook up a second power supply and see just how far I can push it for the crazy clockers out there.

cokewithanr

Activity: 18
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 12:06:37 PM

chipless,

I'm not sure if anyone here has seen or used these 2500 watt power supplies other than me, but I have been running them for more than a year and they are rock solid. I would not recommend pushing any power supply at 100%, but I did run three l3+ off of 1 unit for for over a month as a test and had no problems at 240v. I have not tried running anything with them at 120v as my electrical is set up for 240v.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1HU-00Z6-00001

Hope this helps someone,
Keith

*edit- You will need a heavier power cord to run it than what comes with it from my experience.
chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 04:15:57 AM

chipless,

I'm not sure if anyone here has seen or used these 2500 watt power supplies other than me, but I have been running them for more than a year and they are rock solid. I would not recommend pushing any power supply at 100%, but I did run three l3+ off of 1 unit for for over a month as a test and had no problems at 240v. I have not tried running anything with them at 120v as my electrical is set up for 240v.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1HU-00Z6-00001

Hope this helps someone,
Keith

*edit- You will need a heavier power cord to run it than what comes with it from my experience.

I might have to get a couple of these. Would be nice to run less cords everywhere

chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 06:29:17 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2019, 05:12:06 PM by chipless

Now released version 1.3 which fixes the super high power draw. Power was reduced from 940mv to 890mv per users requests. This version should run fine on all machines but may have some speed loss because of the reduction in power.

I was also asked to put back up the higher power files. I will start to release 2 seperate files one for low power users that will get a little extra and one for power users who want to put the units farther.

chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 02:32:22 AM

Version 1.4 is released per requests and some errors on my part fixed the voltage and low hashrate has hopefully been fixed for everyone. I ran this all day and it seems to perform the same as beta3. The base image is Bitmains 4/23/2019 release

chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 12:08:02 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2019, 12:29:55 PM by chipless

Now Available Antminer Z11 Chipless Nitrous v1.5 Speeds of 159+ K/SOL Contact me for purchase details. Available NOW for 15. ZCASH read first post for details.

Edit....

v1.4 wa updated to v1.5 to fix an unknown reason the miner wouldn't start. Issue is fixed nowso please upgrade to version 1.5

efudd

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 12:17:20 PM

Now Available Antminer Z11 Chipless Nitrous v1.5 Speeds of 159+ K/SOL Contact me for purchase details. Available NOW for 15. ZCASH read first post for details.

Oh boy.... can’t wait to see the user fallout from this.

-j

chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 12:30:23 PM

-j

I have had enough request your opinion dont matter.

efudd

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 12:58:00 PM

-j

I have had enough request your opinion dont matter.

Fact: less than 36 hours ago you posted that you needed to test with more that one PSU. Now a few short hours later you want to sell/claim/whatever “159kSol+“ that requires more than one PSU.

At a minimum, your testing times suck as there is no way you can both state you need to test with more than one PSU and have the confidence to release something claiming to need it in less than 36 hours without only looking at very short term results.

FACT: I have been testing for a long time with multiple PSU systems.

FACT: 160k stable is doable, but it blows power efficiency out of the water negating all value add.

FACT: the maximum stable frequency is 825Mhz.

FACT: I have been able to test in a well ventilated environment and maintain chip temps under 85c at 825Mhz and the hash is not stable.

FACT: voltage and hw error rate have a positive relationship (let me know when you figure this statement out)

FACT: a voltage that works on one board will result in other boards going offline

FACT: hash rate is unstable over 150kSol. On long runs the average WILL return to the 150kSol or less.

FACT: these systems are highly voltage sensitive and something that runs on one will not run on another.

FACT: when pushing voltages you WILL have boards drop out and it make take hours or days, but it WILL happen

FACT: there is not a stable hash at the level you claim on these systems, barring any unicorn units.

I expect that the success rate of holding 160 (ignoring the fact power consumption goes shitty) is in the 2% range.... incidentally Z9 units holding >681mhz is also around 2% of the total statistical population.

FACT: there is no way, by your own statements, you hVs tested and validated anything to the point of deserving the confidence to sell a non refundable “159k+” variant.

FACT: my comments here have absolutely nothing to do with protecting myself... users are going to get screwed because you don’t even know why you don’t know.

FACT: you are ignoring feedback from users who report problems to you (its time they speak up in public).

FACT: you brick people’s machines with some regularity. Your “private”L3 image bricks machines... annoyingly I had someone contact me about your release just yesterday.you also released multiple mini images that bricked machines.  This comment has nothing to do with bricking directly, but rather a point of reference to your generalized incompetence in precision and correctness when releasing work.

FACT: a request is not the same thing as a success.

FACT: I look forward to seeing the feedback from users.

This is going to be at least as good as your power thread where you plugged a battery charger into a battery to charge the battery.... which also is a great example of your generalized incompetence.

Good luck.

-j

chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 01:56:43 PM

Fact: less than 36 hours ago you posted that you needed to test with more that one PSU. Now a few short hours later you want to sell/claim/whatever “159kSol+“ that requires more than one PSU.

At a minimum, your testing times suck as there is no way you can both state you need to test with more than one PSU and have the confidence to release something claiming to need it in less than 36 hours without only looking at very short term results.

FACT: I have been testing for a long time with multiple PSU systems.

FACT: 160k stable is doable, but it blows power efficiency out of the water negating all value add.

FACT: the maximum stable frequency is 825Mhz.

FACT: I have been able to test in a well ventilated environment and maintain chip temps under 85c at 825Mhz and the hash is not stable.

FACT: voltage and hw error rate have a positive relationship (let me know when you figure this statement out)

FACT: a voltage that works on one board will result in other boards going offline

FACT: hash rate is unstable over 150kSol. On long runs the average WILL return to the 150kSol or less.

FACT: these systems are highly voltage sensitive and something that runs on one will not run on another.

FACT: when pushing voltages you WILL have boards drop out and it make take hours or days, but it WILL happen

FACT: there is not a stable hash at the level you claim on these systems, barring any unicorn units.

I expect that the success rate of holding 160 (ignoring the fact power consumption goes shitty) is in the 2% range.... incidentally Z9 units holding >681mhz is also around 2% of the total statistical population.

FACT: there is no way, by your own statements, you hVs tested and validated anything to the point of deserving the confidence to sell a non refundable “159k+” variant.

FACT: my comments here have absolutely nothing to do with protecting myself... users are going to get screwed because you don’t even know why you don’t know.

FACT: you are ignoring feedback from users who report problems to you (its time they speak up in public).

FACT: you brick people’s machines with some regularity. Your “private”L3 image bricks machines... annoyingly I had someone contact me about your release just yesterday.you also released multiple mini images that bricked machines.  This comment has nothing to do with bricking directly, but rather a point of reference to your generalized incompetence in precision and correctness when releasing work.

FACT: a request is not the same thing as a success.

FACT: I look forward to seeing the feedback from users.

This is going to be at least as good as your power thread where you plugged a battery charger into a battery to charge the battery.... which also is a great example of your generalized incompetence.

Good luck.

-j

[/quote]

Fact is I dont care what you think. As far as the L3 well he was suppose to let me know what happened today. For all I know he could have unchecked the box to save setting and it changed IP's so lets not jump the gun. The gus asked for 1 thing only and you can compare the images yourself he lets you. The web page was updated to show the temp and beep feature. So if that bricked a machine then there is a real problem. I still have the images. Fact is I have 2 machines here both running separate times spans and different images for testing. Like you I only share so much information at times. Fact is the HW error rate is almost 0 and the reject rate is about or lower then the factory stuff as well as the discarded. Fact is I have the fucking reply to the users you are referring to so get it right.

The minis well there were a few issues with the images yes but I did correct the problem. You act like an error in a file or a machine that acts up is always the firmware writers fault.

So I really dont know what your point is I am not twisting a users arm to try the same files I am using or care to share. This is a forum where people share firmware,ideas, and whatever else they care to share or talk about. Many guys like you use it as a business and get pissed when guys like me who do it mainly for a hobby step up and give files away.

efudd

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 02:07:23 PM

Good job on hw errors. That was actually my point. There is a positive correlation between increased voltage and decreases in hw errors.

However I do not have any correlation between a decrease in hw errors and any other effect.

I will say that the voltage necessary to stop hw errors on on board is generally different than what is needed on another board. What this means is if that imbalance exists, all one does is add heat into the other boards for no positive return. Which equates to an increase in wattage for no return.

-j

gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 02:07:36 PM

Good luck.

-j

He must not be getting enough donations. So he’s trying to sell now lololol

I wish he didn’t abandon that power thread. Many laughs when he posted those videos showing his own idiocy.
efudd

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 02:16:11 PM

Good luck.

-j

I wish he didn’t abandon that power thread. Many laughs when he posted those videos showing his own idiocy.

He took those down, sadly. They were quality material for sure. :/

-j

chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 02:27:53 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2019, 02:57:30 PM by chipless

Good luck.

-j

He took those down, sadly. They were quality material for sure. :/

-j

No actually I am going to say fuck you Jason and release an even better version for the public. Your claims of150 stable is bs maybe you need to quit testing other peoples equipment and get your own to test. Your the one who hasnt released a single stable release all you so far or all claims nothing other then your word that dont mean shit your said so many things that you havent followed thru with your users are still waiting for the 2% dev fee which you said you were giving them 4 months ago.

Edit...

Let me add you dont even know what I have done or changes. If you wanna know I will sell ya a copy for 5 ZEC

this was a recent change so you must missed something or arent being honest with users again. After a small tweak

Elapsed   KSol/S(RT)   KSol/S(avg)
50m29s   174.31           160.07

Chain#   ASIC#   Frequency     KSol/S(RT)   HW   Temp(PCB)  Temp(Chip)   ASIC status
1              3              825           60.29            0   64                90            ooo
2              3              825           55.05            0   66              100            ooo
3              3              825           58.98            0   59                88            ooo

And it is still climbing some

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: