Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:11:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: S17+ S9k/SE T17 S17/Pro DR5 B7 Others All Overclock per chip and Voltage Control  (Read 10187 times)
efudd

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 03:24:06 PM

Lol.... hey, with the power that is burning maybe your cheaper power solution will help.

I’ve said 160 stable is possible... power cost is too high. Temp and longevity will be effected. And the tuning needing to get 160 will vary greatly by individual machine.

Let me add that since all you can do is hex edit the binary, there is a limited set of changes you can make so I do have a pretty good idea of what it is you have or are changing Smiley.

Don’t screw the end user.

-j

chipless (OP)

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 03:36:43 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2019, 03:51:49 PM by chipless

Lol.... hey, with the power that is burning maybe your cheaper power solution will help.

I’ve said 160 stable is possible... power cost is too high. Temp and longevity will be effected. And the tuning needing to get 160 will vary greatly by individual machine.

Let me add that since all you can do is hex edit the binary, there is a limited set of changes you can make so I do have a pretty good idea of what it is you have or are changing Smiley.

-j

the latest .....lol your so funny you dont even know how low I have the power and you already know it all. Make me laugh some more. At least I am doing direct editing to the binary instead of compiling my own stuff to intercept and link into cgminer. More clean less errors. I can add to the binary just as if I wrote a loader for it it only a matter of knowing what to put where and adjusting sizes. I told you long ago I am not a rookie at reverse engineering binaries and writing code. Every file I have put out you try down talking it like your the guru in the coding world.

edit ... I am sure you know what I am changing there are public releases that you have been looking at

You keep saying power and efficiency but a mini uses as much as 425 watts and you get a max 17k if lucky so adding 200-300 watts to a z11 isnt woth it for 20-25k increase. When I do the math it looks like more profit to me, the mini would cost at least a couple hundred and mabout 55-65 or so a month at the cost of about 35.00 so in the end you get more for your bang bumping up a z11.

No one is screwing any end user. If I wont use it I wont offer it plain and simple. Do you think I want to burn up 4500 in miners just to say I could do it.

Elapsed       KSol/S(RT)   KSol/S(avg)
1h29m47s       175.63            159.73

Chain#   ASIC#   Frequency      KSol/S(RT)   HW   Temp(PCB)   Temp(Chip)    ASIC status
1             3            825              53.08            0      64                     90                 ooo
2             3            825              61.60            2      66                      101         ooo
3             3            825              60.94            0      59                       88         ooo

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
efudd

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 03:55:58 PM

-j

the latest .....lol your so funny you dont even know how low I have the power and you already know it all. Make me laugh some more. At least I am doing direct editing to the binary instead of compiling my own stuff to intercept and link into cgminer. More clean less errors. I can add to the binary just as if I wrote a loader for it it only a matter of knowing what to put where and adjusting sizes. I told you long ago I am not a rookie at reverse engineering binaries and writing code. Every file I have put out you try down talking it like your the guru in the coding world.

edit ... I am sure you know what I am changing there are public releases that you have been looking at

No one is screwing any end user. If I wont use it I wont offer it plain and simple. Do you think I want to burn up 4500 in miners just to say I could do it.

Chain#   ASIC#   Frequency      KSol/S(RT)   HW   Temp(PCB)   Temp(Chip)    ASIC status
1             3            825              53.08            0      64                     90                 ooo
2             3            825              61.60            2      66                      101         ooo
3             3            825              60.94            0      59                       88         ooo

I've told you before, I'm not looking at your releases -- I simply understand this implementation enough to make educated guesses. Yeah, you have told everyone lots of things about yourself that are braggadocios and show a need to have others accept you by up-selling. Basic psychology there.

That is some impressive chip temps though!

I'd guess your voltage is set to 950mV+ for those particular temps and result.  Shrug.

Regarding your comment about hobby vs. business, the moment you offer something for sell (which you now have) you have to see the irony in your comment, right? Smiley

As I said, I hope your energy solution is saving you some money on the backend of this. Smiley

-j

chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 04:03:49 PM

-j

I've told you before, I'm not looking at your releases -- I simply understand this implementation enough to make educated guesses. Yeah, you have told everyone lots of things about yourself that are braggadocios and show a need to have others accept you by up-selling. Basic psychology there.

I'd guess your voltage is set to 950mV+ for those particular temps and result.  Shrug.

Regarding your comment about hobby vs. business, the moment you offer something for sell (which you now have) you have to see the irony in your comment, right? Smiley

As I said, I hope your energy solution is saving you some money on the backend of this. Smiley

-j

Since when is it wrong to sell things they do as a hobby if they feel like it. Happens all the time, and there is definitely nothing wrong with it I am giving away a very good public release for free. Rather then guess how I did it why dont you buy a copy and then you can incorporate you high dev-fee into it and then you can have a stable 159+k version efficient

well look at that still going strong.....

Elapsed   KSol/S(RT)   KSol/S(avg)
2h2m46s   167.11          159.62   

Chain#   ASIC#   Frequency   KSol/S(RT)   HW   Temp(PCB)   Temp(Chip)
1                3                  825   49.80            0   64                     91   
2                3                  825   61.60            2   67                    101   
3                3                  825   55.70            0   59                      89   

efudd

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 04:22:41 PM

-j

I'd guess your voltage is set to 950mV+ for those particular temps and result.  Shrug.

-j

Since when is it wrong to sell things they do as a hobby if they feel like it. Happens all the time, and there is definitely nothing wrong with it I am giving away a very good public release for free. Rather then guess how I did it why dont you buy a copy and then you can incorporate you high dev-fee into it and then you can have a stable 159+k version efficient

1                3                  825   49.80            0   64                     91   
2                3                  825   61.60            2   67                    101   
3                3                  825   55.70            0   59                      89   

Smiley

-j

chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 04:32:54 PM

So now I will show you more later......I am going to sleep now because I have been tweaking this since yesterday for maximum efficiency.....I will catch up PMs later today.

2h34m12s      182.18k/sol 5 sec. nice peak.....

even better on 2nd machine

48m58s   192.01k/sol

efudd

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 04:41:00 PM

So now I will show you more later......I am going to sleep now because I have been tweaking this since yesterday for maximum efficiency.....I will catch up PMs later today.

2h34m12s      182.18k/sol 5 sec. nice peak.....

even better on 2nd machine

48m58s   192.01k/sol

Get your fire extinguisher!

Yeah, 5s peaks on mine are 225k+, but ok. Smiley

-j

gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 06:37:46 PM

i like how all of his posts trying to brag are all less (way less) than 5 hrs run time.

show me one post 24hrs and maybe it'll be impressive...
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 06:41:27 PM

since many of us know your real name and contact info, Marky Mark (since you're dumb enough to publicly dox yourself via your youtube page), it wouldn't be a stretch for someone to drop an anonymous tip to the IRS about your new business that you're definitely reporting income for , right? RIGHT?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 09:46:12 PM

Released the Chipless Nitrous v1.5 Public with speeds of 155k/Sol

Enjoy keep it cool and earn some extra coins....Private release is available with speeds of 158 k/sol +

chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 09:49:11 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2019, 10:36:04 PM by chipless

since many of us know your real name and contact info, Marky Mark (since you're dumb enough to publicly dox yourself via your youtube page), it wouldn't be a stretch for someone to drop an anonymous tip to the IRS about your new business that you're definitely reporting income for , right? RIGHT?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LOL go for it......You think I am stupid not to report it. Your a fucking idiot because you have no choice to report it if you use coinbase. LOL good one though.

7h49m16s       148.1           159.36

Chain#   ASIC#   Frequency   KSol/S(RT)   HW   Temp(PCB)   Temp(Chip)   ASIC status
1                3                  825   47.18              3   67                      94                    ooo
2                3                  825   53.74            11   69                    104                ooo --- 80+ degrees outside
3                3                  825   47.18              0   62                      92                    ooo

still going

Elapsed    KSol/S(RT)   KSol/S(avg)
8h32m21s    166.45          159.45

Jameslescroc
Copper Member

Activity: 6
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 10:45:57 PM

Hi chipless,

I send you a private message, I am ready to heat it's z11 as it should  Grin

Thank you !
chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 11:14:48 PM

Hi chipless,

I send you a private message, I am ready to heat it's z11 as it should  Grin

Thank you !

Replied Enjoy

gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 05:12:43 AM

Your a fucking idiot

The irony...

I see you’re still struggling to grasp the basics of the English language. It doesn’t matter how many times you’re corrected.

Your = showing possession
You’re = you + are
chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 05:44:48 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2019, 06:00:59 AM by chipless

The irony...

I see you’re still struggling to grasp the basics of the English language. It doesn’t matter how many times you’re corrected.

Your = showing possession
You’re = you + are

WTF is it with you efudd and grammer? This is a forum not the science lab....Do you think I care about grammer? No I dont I care about results and if I say you, your, hour, or youre an asshole. Who cares the point got across.

You have been on ignore for a long time why dont you stay there.

Results like this is all that matters to me

Elapsed           KSol/S(RT)   KSol/S(avg)
15h53m11s        152.03        158.83

1       3    825       45.22    2     58  84
2       3    825       53.74    3     60  94
3       3    825       57.01    0     54  83

flypool stat for above
161.3 KH/s   6047 (100%)   0 (0%)   10 minutes ago

And my overall hash rate went from 455 2 weeks ago to this today

Hashrate
Current       Average
495.2 KH/s 489.8 KH/s

So frankly I am getting the last laugh even if it costs me 800 more watts I am getting the extra speed of stock fullsize z9 for 2/3 the power usage of the z9 which means more profit.

efudd

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 06:18:06 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2019, 03:47:46 PM by efudd

Z11 2.3 / Full Frequency/Voltage controls per hash board.
   - Tuning guide coming soon.. high level summary below.
   - This includes everything from my past releases and adds Z11+Voltage per hashboard.

150k+ should be doable with minimal tuning.
170-180k is doable with multiple power supplies (or a big honkin' one), careful tuning, good cooling, and some luck. Smiley

Wattage has not been measured at this point in time due to hardware limitations at my testing site. Feedback welcomed.

https://releases.broked.net/Z11_2.3.tar.gz
MD5SUM: dcaba5458537da6c8ce7e14b5f7795bc Z11_2.3.tar.gz
SHA256: fe7cf284d6811f97f7f826e30bd780b987b697220e1ba9597b087f14b8371252 Z11_2.3.tar.gz

To install this image you need to already be unlocked. You can use my unlocked base image to boot from SD card and then install this. Going forward, all images will be installable via web after the initial baseline SD card installation. SD image: https://releases.broked.net/Z11StockSSHNoSignature.zip
Stock image installation instructions are available in post#672 on my primary thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5036968.msg50664518#msg50664518

I will write up a more complete tuning guide soon as it is a little complex, but for starters:

Tune your frequencies as usual (instructions on the frequency page) on the stock voltages.

Once you understand how your system is operating, increase the frequency, bump the voltage up, rinse/wash/repeat.

Global settings apply to all hashboards.
Per-hashboard applies to... you guessed it, the individual hash board.

It is possible to overrun a single APW7 by tuning voltages -- symptom there is the unit will just reset.
Drop voltages by 5mV per board until you find your maximum.

As usual, run fans manual, 75% or higher. Try to keep temps 85C or lower.

If you add too much voltage, you'll just add heat.
If you don't have enough voltage for a given frequency, the hash boards will go into limp mode (~10-15kSol/each).
If you push too much voltage/frequency, the hash boards will go into the same limp mode.

Somewhere around 781Mhz/940-960mV should get you a good ~150-155kSol.
Sometimes a lower frequency will work better for a given system.

Maximum frequency is 825Mhz -- my stuff will let you set whatever you want, but I've yet to get anything beyond what I call limp mode above 825Mhz.

This release has no dev-fee for the near future, but will probably end up with a single 20 minute mining session once a day to support additional development/testing/blahblah.
As usual, a license is available if you want to go that route and never have any dev-fees, do the PM thing and we can discuss.

Back porting to Z9/Mini is still under evaluation -- nothing to really speak of there for a variety of reasons.

Thank you,

Jason

chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 07:06:27 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2019, 07:26:04 AM by chipless

- This includes everything from my past releases and adds Z11+Voltage per hashboard.

170-180k is doable with multiple power supplies (or a big honkin' one), careful tuning, good cooling, and some luck. Smiley

Wattage has not been measured at this point in time due to hardware limitations at my testing site. Feedback welcomed.

86560e3800829b5b74215a9449eb2b60  Z11_2.3.tar.gz
fca562960e72a6370b625780a2844662df03d82ca42ac7c0068f5efba305a6b4  Z11_2.3.tar.gz

To install this image you need to already be unlocked. You can use my unlocked base image to boot from SD card and then install this. Going forward, all images will be installable via web after the initial baseline SD card installation. SD image: https://releases.broked.net/Z11StockSSHNoSignature.zip
Stock image installation instructions are available in post#672 on my primary thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5036968.msg50664518#msg50664518

I will write up a more complete tuning guide soon as it is a little complex, but for starters:

Tune your frequencies as usual (instructions on the frequency page) on the stock voltages.

Once you understand how your system is operating, increase the frequency, bump the voltage up, rinse/wash/repeat.

It is possible to overrun a single APW7 by tuning voltages -- symptom there is the unit will just reset.

If you don't have enough voltage for a given frequency, the hash boards will go into limp mode (~10-15kSol/each).
If you push too much voltage/frequency, the hash boards will go into the same limp mode.

Maximum frequency is 825Mhz -- my stuff will let you set whatever you want, but I've yet to get anything beyond what I call limp mode above 825Mhz.

This release has no dev-fee for the near future, but will probably end up with a single 20 minute mining session once a day to support additional development/testing/blahblah.
As usual, a license is available if you want to go that route and never have any dev-fees, do the PM thing and we can discuss.

Back porting to Z9/Mini is still under evaluation -- nothing to really speak of there for a variety of reasons.

Thank you,

Jason

Well finally...so what is hidden in the middle like your Z9 series stuff had, you being able to basically take some control of the miners cgminer and start or stop it by or api

After comparing it to my cgminer release it sure is funny how every edit is in the same exact place as mine. Hmm I guess I figured it out for you that is why you had all the excuses. Dont bother me so dont think you got over on me because I give it away and your already talking maybe dev fees and license.

efudd

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 07:30:16 AM

fca562960e72a6370b625780a2844662df03d82ca42ac7c0068f5efba305a6b4  Z11_2.3.tar.gz

Thank you,

Jason

Well finally...so what is hidden in the middle like your Z9 series stuff had, you being able to basically take some control of the miners cgminer and start or stop it by or api

After comparing it to my cgminer release it sure is funny how every edit is in the same exact place as mine. Hmm I guess I figured it out for you that is why you had all the excuses. Dont bother me so dont think you got over on me because I give it away and your already talking maybe dev fees and license.

Really? Considering there are literally 0 edits to cgminer? That is a completely stock cgminer binary, bungholio.

Idiot.

-j

chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 07:32:04 AM

Thank you,

Jason

Really? Considering there are literally 0 edits to cgminer?

Idiot.

-j

LOL....Hows it feel at least i didnt call it hacked bullshit....seriously at least you finally did something good and didnt add dev fees at least yet

efudd

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 07:37:32 AM

Thank you,

Jason

Really? Considering there are literally 0 edits to cgminer?

Idiot.

-j

LOL....Hows it feel at least i didnt call it hacked bullshit....seriously at least you finally did something good and didnt add dev fees at least yet

... it doesn't feel like anything other than you are yet again an idiot making statements like that. To anyone with half a brain it quickly becomes clear that you are clueless.

You seriously had the gall to say I copied your work by putting "every edit in the exact place as [yours]" when there are *ZERO* changes to cgminer in my stuff? It really is completely mind-boggling how you can make a statement so inept.

Anyway... you somehow managed to once again blow away any respect earned in that singular statement.

-j

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: