Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:32:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: S17+ S9k/SE T17 S17/Pro DR5 B7 Others All Overclock per chip and Voltage Control  (Read 10181 times)
haloolah

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 10:46:13 PM

THanks chipless i like your work and efudds also, but im with you on no dev fee, i never cared for that, crypto firmware and miners need to chill on that, most of us dont have any extra $$. The big farms develop their own miners or just compile themselves without dev fees so really only hurting us small guys. My main thing is to say thank you chipless for your time and efforts, many of us do appreciate your work.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chipless (OP)

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 03:27:02 PM

THanks chipless i like your work and efudds also, but im with you on no dev fee, i never cared for that, crypto firmware and miners need to chill on that, most of us dont have any extra $$. The big farms develop their own miners or just compile themselves without dev fees so really only hurting us small guys. My main thing is to say thank you chipless for your time and efforts, many of us do appreciate your work.

Thanks you....working on a same speed version with less power hopefully it tests ok and I will have it out this weekend. I am always looking at ways to help the smaller guys.

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
ruplikminer

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 01:00:05 PM

Thanks you....working on a same speed version with less power hopefully it tests ok and I will have it out this weekend. I am always looking at ways to help the smaller guys.

I apprecaite the work of both but I am for the no dev fee honestly. Just bought the chipless's firmware. thanks
efudd

Merit: 51

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 01:21:01 PM

I apprecaite the work of both but I am for the no dev fee honestly. Just bought the chipless's firmware. thanks

Did you now. You just did? The last transaction on the address he uses was 7 days ago.

Regardless, mine can be bought as well. If you want something you cannot customize with fixed frequencies and voltages and no ability to customize it per hash board, then I guess you spent your money well.

-j

ruplikminer

Merit: 3

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 06:49:24 PM

Did you now. You just did? The last transaction on the address he uses was 7 days ago.

Regardless, mine can be bought as well. If you want something you cannot customize with fixed frequencies and voltages and no ability to customize it per hash board, then I guess you spent your money well.

-j

I don't post much here but I have a long time reputation in the FPGA field discord. RuplikMastik666

My transaction to him https://blockstream.info/tx/4a0657d8682c4fcf50da3e1bba5611c4920b2b2aefc97cda81e9b96687c37123

I love customizations of course. What pushed me to buy his firmware, other than the no dev fees, is the fact that he offfered me to help with another firmware for another ASIC... I mean he has been very kind and I really appreicate it.

I am not saying you are not simply because I didn't still PMed you.. wich I will probably do soon Smiley
efudd

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 06:51:20 PM

Then my apologies. I am a skeptic by nature. Smiley

-j

chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 06:57:02 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2019, 07:09:45 PM by chipless

-j

You got a fucking problem and are obsessed if you are tracking my transactions. You have some kind of fucking mental issue if you are that obsessed that you need to track my transactions and what I am making. Too bad for you that isnt the only wallet I use. That is why I use one for the public and one for private

And yes people know what they are getting before they buy it and do know there is no user control yet.

efudd

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 10:07:38 PM

-j

You got a fucking problem and are obsessed if you are tracking my transactions. You have some kind of fucking mental issue if you are that obsessed that you need to track my transactions and what I am making. Too bad for you that isnt the only wallet I use. That is why I use one for the public and one for private

And yes people know what they are getting before they buy it and do know there is no user control yet.

Wahh.. couldn’t tell if that was my toddler or you making that sound.

Pro tip: use a unique address per transaction.

-j

chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 02:03:48 AM

-j

-j

LOL....You need some cheese and cracker with your whine? Your the one who is still whiny about me releasing some stuff on your thread and beating the license on the Z9. Get over it thats all part of the community. If you want to be mr professional then setup your own forum just for dickheads like you.

Like I said you and your butt buddy nasa man have some issues. You always seem to try and throw the topics back to me rather then deal with the truth and facts. Seems every time I ask you something that has to do with your firmware you want to go on some sort of attack back towards me. Maybe many of your users are afraid to ask you the same questions because they see how you are...Did you ever think of that? I get YOUR users asking me questions about YOUR shit because of that reason. You can mislead users all you want but many dont trust you but have no choice to use your stuff right now.

That will end this week as I finish up adding frequency and some voltage control to my release users will have a better option. It may not be perfect as you like but it works and gets the job done without being locked to a server or dev fees.

Maybe you should refund all of the mini users their dev fee and license fees or stop dev fees for them since you just threw them to the wind, that is since your such a stand-up guy who wants to be honest and fair to your users.

efudd

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 02:07:08 AM

-j

-j

LOL....You need some cheese and cracker with your whine? Your the one who is still whiny about me releasing some stuff on your thread and beating the license on the Z9. Get over it thats all part of the community. If you want to be mr professional then setup your own forum just for dickheads like you.

Like I said you and your butt buddy nasa man have some issues. You always seem to try and throw the topics back to me rather then deal with the truth and facts. Seems every time I ask you something that has to do with your firmware you want to go on some sort of attack back towards me. Maybe many of your users are afraid to ask you the same questions because they see how you are...Did you ever think of that? I get YOUR users asking me questions about YOUR shit because of that reason. You can mislead users all you want but many dont trust you but have no choice to use your stuff right now.

That will end this week as I finish up adding frequency and some voltage control to my release users will have a better option. It may not be perfect as you like but it works and gets the job done without being locked to a server or dev fees.

Maybe you should refund all of the mini users their dev fee and license fees or stop dev fees for them since you just threw them to the wind, that is since your such a stand-up guy who wants to be honest and fair to your users.

standard quote for posterity before your edits.

-j

chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 08:12:44 PM

Now Available Z11 v1.7 Chipless Nitrous Private - Provides user frequency control, 2 voltage settings per frequency, improved performance and better power efficiency. Average Speeds as high as 161 k/sol @825m with peaks as high as 192 k/sol .....Gain +4% in speed. PM for purchase details. Cost for Z11 Nitrous Private Image is 1 ZEC or equivilent value in BTC

Free Public limited version will be available in the next few days.

algcool

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

Cooldragon

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 03:29:46 AM

Now Available Z11 v1.7 Chipless Nitrous Private - Provides user frequency control, 2 voltage settings per frequency, improved performance and better power efficiency. Average Speeds as high as 161 k/sol @825m with peaks as high as 192 k/sol .....Gain +4% in speed. PM for purchase details. Cost for Z11 Nitrous Private Image is 1 ZEC or equivilent value in BTC

Dear Sir,

I have just tested your public 718M and 825M version.
But the power cost is much different. I use 220v psu. 2500W.
1, The 718M version power cost is about 1850W, and the hashrate is about 150k. temp is about less than 90 degree. Seems good.
2, The 825M version power cost is about 2450W, and the hashrate is about 160k. temp is about 100degree.
i dont run for a long time, because of afraid of the power cost too much.

And i think you are very kind person, i like to TT btc to you. And would you please offer me the better version firmaware, but power cost is no more than 2200w when 220v?

And may i know your Z11 v1.7 version hashrate, power cost(220v, 110v), temperature? Very like to get it even pay the money. thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot!
chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 04:23:32 AM

Dear Sir,

1, The 718M version power cost is about 1850W, and the hashrate is about 150k. temp is about less than 90 degree. Seems good.
2, The 825M version power cost is about 2450W, and the hashrate is about 160k. temp is about 100degree.

And i think you are very kind person, i like to TT btc to you. And would you please offer me the better version firmaware, but power cost is no more than 2200w when 220v?

And may i know your Z11 v1.7 version hashrate, power cost(220v, 110v), temperature? Very like to get it even pay the money. thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot!

The new 1.7 version is about 2000-2200 watts @825 high power and about 1900-2100 @825 low power both seem to get me between 158-162 k/sol with peaks in the 190's k/sol. There was a overhaul to both the public and private versions that increased performance while reducing power usage. I do not have a way to measure the 220v power draw. Both versions have user selectable frequency with a choice of high or low power for each frequency. The private version goes to the full 825m the public version is limited to 775m.

I have been able to keep my temps in the 70-100 @825 depending on the outside temp. I also keep them in a 12x12 building with air conditioning which also helps on the 100 degree days we have been having. I have ran mine as high as 108 for hours before the added cooling and the machine just kept chugging along. I believe the shutdown is about 110-115 then it thermal throttles.

I am finishing up the testing of the public version now and it will be available by tomorrow the private version is ready to go and has been fully tested. Both versions you may see some errors in the log or xxx on a board for the first 2-20 minutes while it does a behinds the scenes scan to determine the best freq. Once you see scan done in the log file the speeds should increase for the first hr or two then settle to what you will average.

If interested in the private version pm me and I will reply with the payment details or you can wait for the 100% free public version. Due to lack of donations this will be the last public version released with the exception of bugfixes for it but no additional features will be added. Private versions will continue to be upgraded as much as possible. Unless something changes this is where I stand on the public release.

efudd

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 05:06:29 AM

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot!

The new 1.7 version is about 2000-2200 watts @825 high power and about 1900-2100 @825 low power both seem to get me between 158-162 k/sol with peaks in the 190's k/sol. There was a overhaul to both the public and private versions that increased performance while reducing power usage. I do not have a way to measure the 220v power draw. Both versions have user selectable frequency with a choice of high or low power for each frequency. The private version goes to the full 825m the public version is limited to 775m.

I have been able to keep my temps in the 70-100 @825 depending on the outside temp. I also keep them in a 12x12 building with air conditioning which also helps on the 100 degree days we have been having. I have ran mine as high as 108 for hours before the added cooling and the machine just kept chugging along. I believe the shutdown is about 110-115 then it thermal throttles.

I am finishing up the testing of the public version now and it will be available by tomorrow the private version is ready to go and has been fully tested. Both versions you may see some errors in the log or xxx on a board for the first 2-20 minutes while it does a behinds the scenes scan to determine the best freq. Once you see scan done in the log file the speeds should increase for the first hr or two then settle to what you will average.

If interested in the private version pm me and I will reply with the payment details or you can wait for the 100% free public version. Due to lack of donations this will be the last public version released with the exception of bugfixes for it but no additional features will be added. Private versions will continue to be upgraded as much as possible. Unless something changes this is where I stand on the public release.

(this is not a troll post.)

So.. you are saying that giving things away doesn't work and that charging is the best option? BTW, dev-fees exist on mine because of user requests; some wanted to pay $0, some wanted to pay something, some wanted to amortize the costs via dev-fees.

If you've decided to actually try to *use* the frequency scanning built in coupled with manipulating voltages, that's an interesting idea... but the actual scanning literally takes seconds, so I'm a little confused on the '2-20 minutes' part unless you are letting the automatic restart scanning portion run (i.e., starts at a given frequency, runs for a bit, if certain errors occur, will drop a calculated Mhz off of the current, and restart). If this is what you've come up with, then good job -- creative re-use of the existing functionality.The scanning actually underclocks sometimes and can leave "hash rate" on the table, which coupled with a fixed voltage(s) is likely to end up adding extra heat into ASICs when they could produce the same hashrate at a lower voltage, but that is a trade off.  If this isn't what you've done, then you can have this idea as it should mostly work.

If that's the case, then I assume the difference in your 'free' and 'private' is simply the starting scanning frequency being hard coded plus a different voltage setting?

Hopefully that works well across a broader set of machines as a given voltage that works on one ASIC/machine is just as likely to work as it is to not work on another ASIC/machine.

In reality, you should expect to get something pretty darned close to the long term average in 5-10 minutes runtime. Are you sure on the "first hr or two" part?

Regarding "peaks in 190", are you measuring that in the web or the CLI? Running at 825 I tend to see peaks in the 225-230 range with my stuff, but I use the CLI most of the time.

-j

algcool

Cooldragon

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 06:20:19 AM

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot!

(this is not a troll post.)

So.. you are saying that giving things away doesn't work and that charging is the best option? BTW, dev-fees exist on mine because of user requests; some wanted to pay $0, some wanted to pay something, some wanted to amortize the costs via dev-fees.

If you've decided to actually try to *use* the frequency scanning built in coupled with manipulating voltages, that's an interesting idea... but the actual scanning literally takes seconds, so I'm a little confused on the '2-20 minutes' part unless you are letting the automatic restart scanning portion run (i.e., starts at a given frequency, runs for a bit, if certain errors occur, will drop a calculated Mhz off of the current, and restart). If this is what you've come up with, then good job -- creative re-use of the existing functionality.The scanning actually underclocks sometimes and can leave "hash rate" on the table, which coupled with a fixed voltage(s) is likely to end up adding extra heat into ASICs when they could produce the same hashrate at a lower voltage, but that is a trade off.  If this isn't what you've done, then you can have this idea as it should mostly work.

If that's the case, then I assume the difference in your 'free' and 'private' is simply the starting scanning frequency being hard coded plus a different voltage setting?

Hopefully that works well across a broader set of machines as a given voltage that works on one ASIC/machine is just as likely to work as it is to not work on another ASIC/machine.

In reality, you should expect to get something pretty darned close to the long term average in 5-10 minutes runtime. Are you sure on the "first hr or two" part?

Regarding "peaks in 190", are you measuring that in the web or the CLI? Running at 825 I tend to see peaks in the 225-230 range with my stuff, but I use the CLI most of the time.

-j

I think pay the money about the better firmware is ok. The owner of the firmware cost a lot on it.
chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 06:24:18 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2019, 06:36:13 AM by chipless

I guess if you want to know buy a copy or look at the public version that will be out. There are enough users already and so far no bad feedback on the 1.7 release. Power is looking good and it runs just fine without any problems. I have 2 machines here for testing and neither has had a problem. From the beginning I have offered a free version and a paid version there is only so many improvements that you can do to the stuff so a point has to be line drawn somewhere to satisfy the free users and to make sure a paid user gets their moneys worth at the same time. I only have a pay version because running the machines up and down testing them costs me a loss in mining time and then makes it all not worth. But at least I do offer a 100% free limited version that is worth using.

This is the current info from one running 825m around 2100-2200 watts

Z11 Miner
Elapsed   KSol/S(RT)KSol/S(avg)
8h20m6s   154.65   159.43

Flypool
158.6 KH/s   5948 (100%)   0 (0%)   8 minutes ago

Chain#   ASIC#   Frequency   KSol/S(RT)   HW   Temp(PCB)   Temp(Chip)   ASIC status
1            3              825           53.74            2       55                   84                   ooo
2            3              825           49.80            5       58                   90                   ooo
3            3              825           51.11            2       58                   89                   ooo

algcool

Cooldragon

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 06:43:57 AM

I guess if you want to know buy a copy or look at the public version that will be out. There are enough users already and so far no bad feedback on the 1.7 release. Power is looking good and it runs just fine without any problems. I have 2 machines here for testing and neither has had a problem. From the beginning I have offered a free version and a paid version there is only so many improvements that you can do to the stuff so a point has to be line drawn somewhere to satisfy the free users and to make sure a paid user gets their moneys worth at the same time. I only have a pay version because running the machines up and down testing them costs me a loss in mining time and then makes it all not worth. But at least I do offer a 100% free limited version that is worth using.

Z11 Miner

Flypool

Chain#   ASIC#   Frequency   KSol/S(RT)   HW   Temp(PCB)   Temp(Chip)   ASIC status
1            3              825           53.74            2       55                   84                   ooo
2            3              825           49.80            5       58                   90                   ooo
3            3              825           51.11            2       58                   89                   ooo

Just sent a zcash value BTC to your btc address, please check.

And sent the record picture to your email.

Thanks a lot!
chipless (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 07:09:07 AM

Z11 Miner

Flypool

Just sent a zcash value BTC to your btc address, please check.

And sent the record picture to your email.

Thanks a lot!

Received and file was sent to email. Thank you for your support and please report any feedback as it is important to tune the firmware better

efudd

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 07:18:07 AM

I think pay the money about the better firmware is ok. The owner of the firmware cost a lot on it.

Of course.... which is why I provide a fully configurable version for purchase that is not limited to any frequency or voltage and lets you set freq and voltage at the individual asic level to best tune your systems.

... that you can use in dev fee mode, or with no fees at all on Luxor, or purchase.

-j

efudd

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 07:25:41 AM

Z11 Miner

Flypool

Sigh. I Tried to actually be civil in my response...

One of your purchasers has contacted me in the last 24 hours because the private version you sold him won’t start at all. In swapping firmware out leaving config the same, it would start running.. install yours again and it would stop running... so if you haven’t had any negative feedback, that is curious.

You have been giving me crap for months for selling, only to end up realizing you needed to do the same. The irony is great.

Anyway.

-j

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: