Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:22:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: S17+ S9k/SE T17 S17/Pro DR5 B7 Others All Overclock per chip and Voltage Control  (Read 10183 times)
efudd

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 12:13:16 AM

Yup... that is the format. What you are missing is it is only an intermediate step in frequency selection and not the end state. That is elsewhere.

Aka, it won’t work for providing a custom frequency.

The ONLY way is to bypass all of the stock functionality and replace it with custom code, linked in at runtime.... or hack in one frequency by editing the binary as you have been doing.

Really.

-j

chipless (OP)

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 07:58:53 AM

Recently updated Nitro Public, Private releases and SD card recovery image. Updated all updated to v2.2

It can take from 2-20 minutes to complete the initial scan depending on the frequency you select. After you see this in the log everything should be good to go. I apologize for this but the wait is well worth what you get in the end.

End of scanning process avg. freq will vary but the max should always be 825 ...............

NOS Boost chain0 asic0 freq 825
NOS Boost chain0 asic1 freq 825
NOS Boost chain0 asic2 freq 825
NOS Boost chain1 asic0 freq 825
NOS Boost chain1 asic1 freq 825
NOS Boost chain1 asic2 freq 825
NOS Boost chain2 asic0 freq 800
NOS Boost chain2 asic1 freq 825
NOS Boost chain2 asic2 freq 825
NOS Boost done, avg freq 822 max 825, Nitrous is On

Changes from 2.1 and v2.2
Has current Nicehash Support
Frequency control Limit is 775m for the public version Paid version is 825m
Added full voltage and frequency control
fixed reboot holding settings
Fixed bug where freq was setting odd frequencies per board

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
dimaz_ldv

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 08:38:30 AM

If you can post the contents of the cgboot and voltage files located in the config folder it will give me a better idea of what is going on. Minus your wallet id

Looks like it jumped back into a different freq mode. I had another have a issue where is was going inot scan mode when it shouldnt and set the freq different. The bug is being looked into. I so far havent been able to duplicate the issue and will keep looking into it. It may be a a timing issue as to the cgminer restarting after applying setting and will be testing some things today to see if it fixes the problem.

Here the list of "config" dir and list of cgboot and voltage. And there is no wallet or pool data.
PS. In the evening I will upgrade to 2.2 firmware and test again.
root@antMiner-1:/config# ls
cgboot                  dropbear                lighttpd-htdigest.user  network.conf            user_setting
cgminer.conf            dropbear_rsa_host_key   mac                     shadow                  voltage
root@antMiner-1:/config# cat cgboot
echo 00041854: 8403 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
echo 0003B160: 07C3 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
echo 0003B2D4: 07C3 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
echo 0003B53C: 0763 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
echo 0003E534: 0743 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
echo 0003E7A0: 0723 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
echo 0003EAC0: 0753 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
echo 0003EBB0: 0723 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
echo 00041828: 0723 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
echo 0004194C: 0703 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
root@antMiner-1:/config# cat voltage
{
"bitmain-freq-user" : "775",
"bitmain-freq-hex" : "073",
"bitmain-voltage" : "900",
"bitmain-voltage-hex" : "8403"
}
chipless (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 08:59:40 AM

If you can post the contents of the cgboot and voltage files located in the config folder it will give me a better idea of what is going on. Minus your wallet id

Looks like it jumped back into a different freq mode. I had another have a issue where is was going inot scan mode when it shouldnt and set the freq different. The bug is being looked into. I so far havent been able to duplicate the issue and will keep looking into it. It may be a a timing issue as to the cgminer restarting after applying setting and will be testing some things today to see if it fixes the problem.

Here the list of "config" dir and list of cgboot and voltage. And there is no wallet or pool data.
PS. In the evening I will upgrade to 2.2 firmware and test again.
root@antMiner-1:/config# ls
cgboot                  dropbear                lighttpd-htdigest.user  network.conf            user_setting
cgminer.conf            dropbear_rsa_host_key   mac                     shadow                  voltage
root@antMiner-1:/config# cat cgboot
echo 00041854: 8403 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
echo 0003B160: 07C3 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
echo 0003B2D4: 07C3 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
echo 0003B53C: 0763 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
echo 0003E534: 0743 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
echo 0003E7A0: 0723 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
echo 0003EAC0: 0753 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
echo 0003EBB0: 0723 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
echo 00041828: 0723 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
echo 0004194C: 0703 | /usr/bin/xxd -r - /usr/bin/cgminer
root@antMiner-1:/config# cat voltage
{
"bitmain-freq-user" : "775",
"bitmain-freq-hex" : "073",
"bitmain-voltage" : "900",
"bitmain-voltage-hex" : "8403"
}

The wallet and pool info is stored in the standard cgminer.conf file

Looks fine. Update to the newest version I released a little while ago. It should fix any problems make sure you set your settings after the update. The newest is 2.2

smoothyvo

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 11:23:32 AM

Is your firmware for the X1 only for 4.22 and up?
efudd

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 12:32:58 PM

@chipless -- what a complete clusterF your 2.2 release is. Here are the things you need to fix before you take money from folk..

rm /init (useless 0 byte file)
/etc/init.d/cgminer.sh - your "antminer" virus fix is broken. I told you about this a month or more ago. it is ".antminers", not ".antminer"
/etc/init.d/bitmainer_setup.sh - same thing.
/www/pages/cgi-bin/set_miner_conf.cgi: line 127 - your comparison (which is the difference between your private/public) for "ant_freq_user" > 776 is broken. In the current state, it will _always_ fail.
/www/pages/cgi-bin/set_miner_conf.cgi: lines 154, 155 -- you can't even spell your own variables correctly which makes all of your frequency selections *BROKEN*. You are welcome.
/www/pages/cgi-bin/set_miner_conf.cgi: lines 127-179 are a complete cluster. Instead of re-using the same lines over and over again, just write /config/cgboot once, and then call it.
/www/pages/cgi-bin/set_miner_conf.cgi: lines 127-179 -- your implementation here creates a race condition which will cause multiple cgminers to run in certain conditions. This will wreak havoc on things. I'll leave it up to you to figure out what the race is, and how to fix it, but it *IS* there.

There's probably more, I didn't check the math on any of your attempts at hex conversion and I didn't check to see which of this is in use and which is crap you haven't cleaned up from previous attempts.

None of this is bullshit or trolling you, it is simply broken.

.... and if this is what your Z11 firmware looks like, what does the rest of your "modded" firmware look like?

Bonus points for the readers -- assuming he fixes all of this, no need to pay him for his "Nitrous" version or whatever as the only viable difference in his public/private version is the check on line 127 in set_miner_conf which simply checks to see if you, the user, have specified a frequency > 776, and if so, it simply sats the variables to a hard coded set.

-j

chipless (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 06:47:23 PM

It is for any. The loading process is by sd.

smoothyvo

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 06:54:52 PM

That's too bad. Its hosted so I can't access it with an SD.
chipless (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 07:04:53 PM

@chipless -- what a complete clusterF your 2.2 release is. Here are the things you need to fix before you take money from folk..

rm /init (useless 0 byte file)
/etc/init.d/cgminer.sh - your "antminer" virus fix is broken. I told you about this a month or more ago. it is ".antminers", not ".antminer"
/etc/init.d/bitmainer_setup.sh - same thing.
/www/pages/cgi-bin/set_miner_conf.cgi: line 127 - your comparison (which is the difference between your private/public) for "ant_freq_user" > 776 is broken. In the current state, it will _always_ fail.
/www/pages/cgi-bin/set_miner_conf.cgi: lines 154, 155 -- you can't even spell your own variables correctly which makes all of your frequency selections *BROKEN*. You are welcome.
/www/pages/cgi-bin/set_miner_conf.cgi: lines 127-179 are a complete cluster. Instead of re-using the same lines over and over again, just write /config/cgboot once, and then call it.
/www/pages/cgi-bin/set_miner_conf.cgi: lines 127-179 -- your implementation here creates a race condition which will cause multiple cgminers to run in certain conditions. This will wreak havoc on things. I'll leave it up to you to figure out what the race is, and how to fix it, but it *IS* there.

There's probably more, I didn't check the math on any of your attempts at hex conversion and I didn't check to see which of this is in use and which is crap you haven't cleaned up from previous attempts.

None of this is bullshit or trolling you, it is simply broken.

.... and if this is what your Z11 firmware looks like, what does the rest of your "modded" firmware look like?

Bonus points for the readers -- assuming he fixes all of this, no need to pay him for his "Nitrous" version or whatever as the only viable difference in his public/private version is the check on line 127 in set_miner_conf which simply checks to see if you, the user, have specified a frequency > 776, and if so, it simply sats the variables to a hard coded set.

-j

LOL...... Working like a charm. Some have said it is the best release so far. I do need to fix the .antminers though.

So I had 3 typos .... 2 of which only effect you if you tried using the wrong freq no big deal unless you are trying to bypass the free limits and are only in the public version. So the private version had 1 typo for the malware. The race condition was hopefully fixed in monitorcg.

But thank you for pointing out the 3 typos I will fix them today. The rest works just fine. In fact I am getting better speed with even less power

chipless (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 07:05:48 PM

If you have signature checking disable on it then you can update thru the web gui and not the SD

efudd

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 07:13:19 PM

Stop being hard headed.

The test for: if [ blah > “776”.. is a fail always comparison on that line.

You need to treat that as a variable and access the value itself. That is $blah.. or ${blah} as many will use

... and stop with the bullshit of “more speed less power” as you are delusional or consciously lying.

-j

smoothyvo

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 07:26:32 PM

If you have signature checking disable on it then you can update thru the web gui and not the SD

How do I disable that?
chipless (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 07:26:45 PM

Stop being hard headed.

You need to treat that as a variable and access the value itself. That is $blah.. or ${blah} as many will use

-j

> 776 runs 1 command and if its over 776 runs something else. Not too hard to understand.

Right now because of the typo it may set a blank line if you bypass otherwise you just type in what you want and save and all is ok. If you try to bypass then you get what you get. The 3 typos are fixed already took 2 minutes.
Also the typos didnt stop you from mining it only set the wrong value in a config file which the web gui uses not cgminer.

In the end all that matters is the ability to control the freq and voltage, I dont think users care how I coded it. Maybe I kept it a cluster fuck to confuse people and something more is going on, never know.

I can always add some encryption but why

chipless (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 07:27:50 PM

How do I disable that?

I will look at the files again today to see if there is a way to disable it on the x3. If you have ssh enabled it can be done using ssh

smoothyvo

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 07:29:41 PM

How do I disable that?

I will look at the files again today to see if there is a way to disable it on the x3. If you have ssh enabled it can be done using ssh

Is there a special way to enable SSH?
chipless (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 07:32:14 PM

How do I disable that?

Is there a special way to enable SSH?

Usually it is done using a sd image. If you can access the miner with putty then you have ssh. Otherwise again I would have to look at the image file again to see if there is a whole that can be used to do it from the web gui.

efudd

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 07:34:19 PM

Stop being hard headed.

-j

> 776 runs 1 command and if its over 776 runs something else. Not too hard to understand.

Right now because of the typo it may set a blank line if you bypass otherwise you just type in what you want and save and all is ok. If you try to bypass then you get what you get. The 3 typos are fixed already took 2 minutes.
Also the typos didnt stop you from mining it only set the wrong value in a config file which the web gui uses not cgminer.

In the end all that matters is the ability to control the freq and voltage, I dont think users care how I coded it. Maybe I kept it a cluster fuck to confuse people and something more is going on, never know.

I honestly don't know why I try to help you.

YOUR TEST WILL ALWAYS GO TO THE SECOND CONDITION, *_NEVER_* THE FIRST CONDITION unless you make it a variable by simply prepending the test with a $. that's it, That's all I'm trying to say. I'm trying to explain a _bug_ in your implementation.

.... and "maybe i kept it a clusterF to confuse people" is laughable.

Go have whomever wrote your javascript fix your shell scripts; they will have better luck.

... also, it is impossible to fix the race condition in monitorcg, so no, you have not fixed it.

-j

chipless (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 08:40:00 PM

Fixed the typos New Release 2.2.1 public is the new public file.

chipless (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 08:44:42 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2019, 09:04:14 PM by chipless

Stop being hard headed.

-j

I honestly don't know why I try to help you.

YOUR TEST WILL ALWAYS GO TO THE SECOND CONDITION, *_NEVER_* THE FIRST CONDITION unless you make it a variable by simply prepending the test with a $. that's it, That's all I'm trying to say. I'm trying to explain a _bug_ in your implementation.

.... and "maybe i kept it a clusterF to confuse people" is laughable.

Go have whomever wrote your javascript fix your shell scripts; they will have better luck.

... also, it is impossible to fix the race condition in monitorcg, so no, you have not fixed it.

-j

Fixed the typo an retesting now. Just tested the > and it is working just fine so I dont know how you think it is broken. Maybe you need to install it on a z9 board and try yourself. Dunno but the limits are working fine with the typo fixed

edit....
Just ran thru the whole process from sd to public 2.2.1 and all is working how it should be and as I intended it to

efudd

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 08:57:33 PM

Your ignorance tests the heck out of my patience.

change the line from:

if [ ant_freq_user > "776" ]; then {

to

if [ ${ant_freq_user} -gt 776 ]; then {

The first is comparing a non-evaluated variable name to a string called "776".

The contents of ${ant_freq_user} are *NOT* being substituted in on that if. They should be.

The one I gave you actually compares the _value_ you've assigned to ant_freq_user as a numeric comparison to the number 776... which is what you really want.

I don't know how you function.

-j

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: