Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:43:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Verizon came to my house, asked me to turn off my rigs  (Read 4960 times)
LadangGalau

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

EthBits

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 07:10:41 PM

I wouldn't have turned them off.

Same here. I would have said them to go fuck themselves, because I wasn't listening to Verizon. When you buy a product, it has some warranties that it doesn't cerate some junk.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Assmaster2000

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:05:43 PM

Same here. I would have said them to go fuck themselves, because I wasn't listening to Verizon. When you buy a product, it has some warranties that it doesn't cerate some junk.

Would be a dick move. Clearly the rigs are causing interference. FCC certs simply mean that when you use your graphic card as intended by the manufacturer, i.e. sitting in a 'puter case, displaying vidya, your  won't cause RF interference. It does not mean that your graphic card won't cause RF interference if, instead of using your graphic card as a graphic card, you h4xx0r the firmware and run a boatload of graphic cards propped up on a rat's nest of antennae risers to mine crapcoins.
Your microwave oven is also FCC certified. Please don't misconstrue this as a license to defeat the idiot switches & run the thing with the door open & complain that it interferes with your WiFi. It wasn't designed for that.
Why is this difficult to  grasp?
LadangGalau

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

EthBits

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:49:39 PM

Would be a dick move. Clearly the rigs are causing interference. FCC certs simply mean that when you use your graphic card as intended by the manufacturer, i.e. sitting in a 'puter case, displaying vidya, your  won't cause RF interference. It does not mean that your graphic card won't cause RF interference if, instead of using your graphic card as a graphic card, you h4xx0r the firmware and run a boatload of graphic cards propped up on a rat's nest of antennae risers to mine crapcoins.
Your microwave oven is also FCC certified. Please don't misconstrue this as a license to defeat the idiot switches & run the thing with the door open & complain that it interferes with your WiFi. It wasn't designed for that.
Why is this difficult to  grasp?

Well, you're right, but what would happen if I would be countinuing to use it ? I would at least ask them to pay me back the price of the cases.
Assmaster2000

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 03:47:25 PM

Would be a dick move. Clearly the rigs are causing interference. FCC certs simply mean that when you use your graphic card as intended by the manufacturer, i.e. sitting in a 'puter case, displaying vidya, your  won't cause RF interference. It does not mean that your graphic card won't cause RF interference if, instead of using your graphic card as a graphic card, you h4xx0r the firmware and run a boatload of graphic cards propped up on a rat's nest of antennae risers to mine crapcoins.
Why is this difficult to  grasp?

Well, you're right, but what would happen if I would be countinuing to use it ?
Probably nothing. Just like nothing would happen to you if, instead of throwing your trash in a garbage can, you threw it in the street. But it would make your city a shittier place to live in, and there is a chance you'd get a ticket for littering. If enough people behaved like you, cops would be told to start enforcing the littering laws more diligently (read: be dicks).

Same with shitting up the RF spectrum -- you can get away with it 9 times out of 10, tho it makes life worse for everybody. After you have been warned to cut it out, you could get heavy fines & your gear could be confiscated (though that's pretty unlikely). If enough people act like you, the FCC might create more/stricter regulations, making all electronics more expensive.
Here's a link: http://www.arrl.org/part-15-radio-frequency-devices (ctrl-F "Digital device:§ 15.3 (k)")
TL:DR: Don't keep doing bad things just because you can get away with it.

I would at least ask them to pay me back the price of the cases.
But you're the one breaking the law (see link). Asking the Verizon guys to pay you to stop breaking it is ...idunno. Those Verizon techs are just working stiffs, they're not your enemies. If you don't let them in your house (you don't have to), they simply check a box in some form & then d00ds who you *do* have to let in show up, and the whole thing escalates Sad
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: