Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:41:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You Can Now Shop With Bitcoin on Amazon Using Lightning  (Read 472 times)
TimeBits

Activity: 224
Merit: 62

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 03:38:13 PM

You Can Now Shop With Bitcoin on Amazon Using Lightning

Bitcoin spenders can now use the lightning network to shop at e-commerce sites like Amazon.

Crypto payment processing startup Moon announced today that any lightning-enabled wallet can now also be used through Moon’s browser extension. Before this lightning feature, roughly 250 beta users already used Moon to spend crypto on e-commerce sites by connecting the browser extension to exchange accounts like Coinbase.

To be clear, Amazon itself never touches bitcoin. Kruger declined to specify which traditional financial institutions are helping convert the bitcoin to fiat on the backend so that Amazon merchants actually receive fiat currency for their wares. However, Kruger added that by 2020 the lightning-enabled feature should work on almost any e-commerce site, regardless of whether that platform accepts bitcoin directly.

“There’s no direct merchant integration,” Kruger said, clarifying that Moon also manages payment channels and merely offers a simple interface for sending payments.

https://www.coindesk.com/you-can-now-shop-with-bitcoin-on-amazon-using-lightning

What are you thoughts about this one? Remember you have to download your browser's extension and then connects your wallet. And this what worry me most. As this could be another potential loopholes that hackers can exploit. And I assume that the fee's here will be high as well.

I also heard negative press about the people behind this company. So this is not an endorsement of any kind. Just wanted to brought this to the community. Always used your common sense.  Grin

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/auqrhf/psa_on_moon_browser_extension/

I was shopping on amazon with bitcoin in 2013, buy a gift card with bitcoin from gyft.....
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 06:37:24 PM

It's a new beginning for online businesses and merchants and even bitcoin users. It would be easy for us to purchase products in Amazon on our convenience. I just hope that there would be a low transaction fee since that's a struggle for most buyers. Let's see if it could affect the value of Bitcoin in the coming days.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 06:45:52 PM

It is better to be safe than sorry, am not ready to subject or compromise my personal wallet information just because i want to shop online with btc when there is still fiat alternative that is well secured,
I would rather wait when there are better ways to make transactions securely, for now i will maintain using fiat till such a time when more secured options are available. But it is a great idea.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Chikitita2004

Activity: 560
Merit: 121

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 06:50:04 PM

You Can Now Shop With Bitcoin on Amazon Using Lightning

“To be clear, Amazon itself never touches bitcoin. Kruger declined to specify which traditional financial institutions are helping convert the bitcoin to fiat on the backend so that Amazon merchants actually receive fiat currency for their wares.“

Its quite suspecting. The name of the browser extension itself is not that well known, I wonder if there will be bitcoin holders that will trust this browser with their wallet details. Besides it says there that Amazon itself never touches bitcoin so in the event of conflict or problem, How can Amazon be responsible in solving it since its been stated already there that they are taking their hands off the matter?

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 10:48:21 PM

well I dont know how true this is because i have not heard anything about it yet but then it will be a very welcomed development since we all desire bitcoin to be used for all kinds of transaction.
blockchainwriters

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 06:20:07 AM

Most awaited bitcoin payment system and that too in amazon with this integration we can expect more adoption with big companies and big merchants may happen in the  coming future
calandra78
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 07:03:38 AM

In any case, this is positive news, and we see how the market comes to life thanks to such news. I think this is a matter of time.
I am agree with you when said about this good for bitcoin market. such news to pump bitcoin price and they make it one for sell all they have bought and taken profit. amazon not accepted bitcoin, only third party where they do for all merchant like that.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: