Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:10:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After Galaxy S10, next is Samsung Coin?  (Read 12898 times)
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 06:19:50 PM

There are two ways to look at this, I don't like big corporation take over the space because what they want is to take over everything and this si against what the space is all about, but however it give credibility to the space, Facebook and Samsung are big companies and the tumour of Tesla offering ICO is a good thing to the space
When multi-billions companies are taking its step toward cryptocurrency, that will bring a lot of money to the crypto space and demand. But the cons are about they will create a big monopoly in the cryptocurrency.
They have unlimited money and anything looks possible for this company.
It might be a little bit difficult for them to create monopoly in an industry where we also have giant multibillion companies who are also ready to compete with them, I am sure very soon, apple will also come up with its own private blockchain to compete too.

Well we should encourage all these for now, so we can use it as a marketing tool for cryptocurrency, if these companies keeps adopting cryptocurrency, it will be an eye opener to other who are yet to be in the loop, in future when everything has been established, I am sure things will automatically take shape and corrected, so for now, they should do whatever they like to create crypto awareness.
Kafanchanchan

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 07:05:05 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2019, 10:05:56 PM by Kafanchanchan

I don't really know much about the both companies and their respective interest in cryptocurrency, but I will really love to read about them. The comments bon this thread already have an insight though.
Odetolala

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 07:15:31 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2019, 11:41:10 PM by Odetolala

It's a good thing that these giant tech companies are finding their ways into the space in good numbers. If this should continue for sometime, then it becomes apparent that we might see some boom soon via the level of adoption they will bring
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 07:29:51 PM

All these wallet integration and Samsung Coin are just marketing tweak from Samsung. The latter is even just a rumor. Like some people in this thread, I'm quite interested in tech giants going for blockchain but not in this way. JPM coin, Samsung coin... all are worthless up to now. Why not JPM blockchain or Samsung blockchain instead?

Why don't we just wait until they make an official announcement. These "rumors" are definitely part of marketing campaign.
Esterklu

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 07:54:07 PM

As i see , they are going to develop own payment app, built in into all Samsung devices, and the token should become a money for this app. So, one more centralized pseudo crypto will appear.
elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 08:03:02 PM

I read this news and if honestly she really surprised me such a big company like Samsung decided to enter the cryptocurrency market, which once again confirms the interest to the cryptocurrency of major players.
SRKNGL

Activity: 476

Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 08:08:16 PM

In terms of awareness, the addition of wallets to the S10 was a nice development. But I don't think they're gonna go into coins for now.

melomanskiy
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 08:08:26 PM

Such a giant as Samsung can easily take a leading position in the cryptocurrency market. Another question is how to implement it without losing the client base, so that everything is simple and understandable for ordinary users.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 05:13:41 AM

Coindesk published a REPORT that Samsung may soon issue their own token (Samsung Coin). It is still not confirmed yet but news like this are most welcome. Let's see how things unfold.

Currently, we are thinking of private blockchain, though it is not yet confirmed. It could also be public blockchain in the future, but I think it will be hybrid – that is, a combination of public and private blockchains.
Wow, another coin to do what? We just keep piling up so many utility coins in the market that are of no much use and will not grow. I know they have large fan base but it doesn’t mean that all their fans will accept to use the coin and moreover, they can only use it to purchase Samsung products.

Since they have already choosing to develop the wallet on the phone based on ethereum, they would have as well just go into partnership deal with ethereum instead of creating another coin, now we have to still start swapping some tokens or Fiat to Samsung coin again to be able to have access to their products. Well, lets wait and see the outcome.
nwosuchristabe2
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 05:26:01 AM

There are many rumours dominating the cryptocurrency space ranging from the Facebook coin, to the Samsung coin. Most of these information are not verified and are barely true.
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 05:32:54 AM

Good news, I hope that when the Samsung coin is released it will entice other big companies to enter the crypto market.

There are big companies involved in cryptocurrency already and they have been investing millions of dollar in blockchain and exchanges.

Coindesk published a REPORT that Samsung may soon issue their own token (Samsung Coin). It is still not confirmed yet but news like this are most welcome. Let's see how things unfold.

Expect greedy corporations to make their own coins to get free money.
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 05:43:30 AM

Currently, we are thinking of private blockchain, though it is not yet confirmed. It could also be public blockchain in the future, but I think it will be hybrid – that is, a combination of public and private blockchains.
It's a huge news for cryptocurrency world, if that really happened and success, i'm sure it will boost the cryptocurrency market and make it green again. Sadly it's still not confirmed, btw any new updates for this news? It's really big if that really happened, samsung is a big company dude.
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 05:53:43 AM

Hello so youre saying Samsung is greedy?

Ofcourse, businesses aren't a charity organizations. If Samsung was successful in making their own coin and made a good profit from it, We should expect that greedy corporations that doesnt really have no interest in improving the cryptospace will try to make it as a cash cow.

Just like the ICO hype situation, there were projects that are backed by companies made their ICO and after collecting free-money they disappeared.
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 06:18:53 AM

It's a huge news for cryptocurrency world, if that really happened and success, i'm sure it will boost the cryptocurrency market and make it green again. Sadly it's still not confirmed, btw any new updates for this news? It's really big if that really happened, samsung is a big company dude.

Hopely Samsung make official announcement about this. From what i am read, samsung coin will run in ethereum blockchain and i think its good for crypto industry. If Samsung start to involve in cryptomarket, i am believe many big company will involve too and this is good news for crypto market if really happen

Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 06:35:56 AM

Hello so youre saying Samsung is greedy?

Ofcourse, businesses aren't a charity organizations. If Samsung was successful in making their own coin and made a good profit from it, We should expect that greedy corporations that doesnt really have no interest in improving the cryptospace will try to make it as a cash cow.

Just like the ICO hype situation, there were projects that are backed by companies made their ICO and after collecting free-money they disappeared.
Hopefully they are serious about developing this coin, the business name already a good guarantee that the project will materialize, samsung can open doors to other companies that will also embrace the blockchain system, they can take every advantages that they have as the coin can target different functions around the economy, with high hopes that they will not turned everything as milk and butter business but helping the community to be more developed after some years of functionality.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 07:10:36 AM

It's like the same news as Facebook coin. Since Samsung is popular, I guess a huge number of users would also adopt and support their coin. However, it's still an unconfirmed news.
I don't think samsung would focus on having their own coin rather than focusing on their products.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 11:41:30 AM

Samsung company is a big company where their products are very well known in the world of electronics, so it would be very easy if they want to make digital currency coins to be introduced to all people, hopefully this can be realized.
Samsung involvement in blockchain technology will really make a difference in the blockchain industry, we can imagine how much Samsung makes on a yearly basis using fiat, if the entire fund they make through fiat can be channeled to cryptocurrency market, and crypto market cap will really be set to witness a very high increase in total crypto networth.

Companies like Samsung are some of the major large scale corporate that is required to create the bull run necessary and I can see there are projects being developed like this that might get into the market soon.
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 12:10:26 PM

After the failure of the last flagship smartphone, I do not think that they will be written off with cryptocurrency. You need a lot of money to develop. And when you constantly fail, then investors may have questions about cryptocurrency. Samsung now need to work on its reputation.

naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 12:19:37 PM

Samsung has cemented its place in the world as major player on hardware market  but very little is known  about its creativity in software development. IMO, new "branded"  coin is  not necessarily an easy task, as the blockchain technique had been in existence for 10 years and company should not  see it   as a "guardian process"  in its core business strategies.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 12:25:42 PM

If they create samsung coin and they have good benefits to the cryptocurrenxy why not? But if they have bad effects to the crypto maybe they not create the coin. But we know samsung supported cryptocurecy so I don't see any problems with the samsung coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: