Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:19:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: without regulation of those exchanges, btc will never be in a high price  (Read 3496 times)
kronos1980 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:38:12 AM

it is a joke that lots of guys here are preferring mtgox than supervision.
Could any one show an evidence that btc will be destroyed by supervision? I guess no.
The only way now to push a Higher price Is by the exchanges, and without stability and trustworthiness, no one could ever guarantee enough trading to keep a good price.
Why they are jokes? The real aims of people here are not making contributes to btc, but only earning more money, however they deny those regulations to keep exchanges transparent. Since they won't contribute btc evolving more to the real economy, it will just be a logic deadlock.
In fact, every exchange is mtgox. I never trust any moral discipline of an exchange. These are things only related to humanity, not capital. Such a disorder of exchangeS, as they will eventually keep a higher and higher gate to normal people, will kill tradings, the best thing in raising price of btc
jadehorse

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:42:11 AM

yes, I support this idea, people want make money using btc, but they want their money to be safe as well, so appropriate regulations are needed!
FelixOliver

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:44:10 AM

yes, I support this idea, people want make money using btc, but they want their money to be safe as well, so appropriate regulations are needed!

This sounds like what the ancients said about their gold bars... "we want our money to be safe, lets give all of our gold to the government. They'll know what to do, they'll secure our wealth"... Fast foward a hundred or so years and, all of a sudden, the Gold Bars are no longer and we have been conned into swapping worthless IOU's in the place of actual money.

Regulation = systematic theft / fraud / pillaging of the people's wealth - and, with people like you in existence, they will do it again...
corebob

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:06:59 AM

The thing is that every aspect of the bitcoin technology has to be decentralized. Traditional regulation and fiat exchanges doesn't offer that, which is why it is useless. There is nothing wrong with bitcoin, there was something wrong with MtGox.
What we need is decentralized exchanges that can exchange between different coins. That would add valuable resilience, robustness and security for everyone, regardless of skin color, gender, location or whatever.
We have to stop begging for some central entity to hold our hands.
ZephramC

Activity: 475
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:16:22 PM

We do not want Bitcoin to repeat (regulatory) mistakes of the past. We do not want Bitcoin to be like the "real" economy. We want it to be better, to be superior. Being not regulated is integral part of this superiority.
However, Bitcoin offers possibility of regulation via third parties and voluntary extensions of the protocol. But the most important thing is that it is voluntary and not enforceable. People will choose by adoption...
bbeagle

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:32:05 PM

This sounds like what the ancients said about their gold bars... "we want our money to be safe, lets give all of our gold to the government. They'll know what to do, they'll secure our wealth"... Fast foward a hundred or so years and, all of a sudden, the Gold Bars are no longer and we have been conned into swapping worthless IOU's in the place of actual money.

Regulation = systematic theft / fraud / pillaging of the people's wealth - and, with people like you in existence, they will do it again...

I have absolutely no clue what you are going on about. None of what you said makes sense.

My US dollars are worthless IOUs? How am I able to purchase things with them? I can BUY gold bars with them if I'd like. If they were worthless IOUs, they would be worthless, but they're not.

You seem to want some fantasy to exist right now that doesn't.
Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:34:35 PM

+1

regulation by others over individual store of wealth is immoral and unnecessary. The people will take care of business. yes Mt. Gox is a sad thing and honestly all those involved should be rounded up and hung. They are thieves and they deserve the retribution of those that they scammed.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:50:34 PM

I have absolutely no clue what you are going on about. None of what you said makes sense.

haha, that's priceless!  Grin

Anyway, this all has been summed up long ago by Benjamin Franklin in his famous "They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." quote. Still applies.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:51:41 PM

regularization = stole your money legally under the pretext of avoid have your money stolen illegally
for some people also:

regularization = I have someone to blame for my own mistakes
Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:54:46 PM

Most bitcoin exchanges profit from squeezing out margin traders and other methods of market manipulation.

With regulation, most of their profit is gone.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:07:04 PM

I never trust any moral discipline of an exchange. These are things only related to humanity, not capital.

Government regulators are humans too and I sure as hell don't trust their moral discipline.

... without stability and trustworthiness ...

Tiringly predictable faulty assumption: regulation is necessary for stability and trustworthiness.  You probably believe in intelligent design too.

The real aims of people here are not making contributes to btc, but only earning more money

Take a good, hard look in the mirror.
corebob

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:49:19 PM

I think we need to separate things here.
Basically, crocks are still crocks and tricksters are still tricksters.
The regulators should have what they need to go after these guys, and bitcoin doesn't really makes that any harder.
This applies to fiat->btc and btc->fiat exchanges.
Everything else should be based on decentralized protocols, as is tradition by now.
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:49:46 PM

Have some regulated exchanges, have some without. Let them compete in a free market. You suggest the regulated exchange will be preferred, some would disagree.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:26:35 PM

Could any one show an evidence that btc will be destroyed by supervision? I guess no.
The only way now to push a Higher price Is by the exchanges, and without stability and trustworthiness, no one could ever guarantee enough trading to keep a good price.
Why they are jokes? The real aims of people here are not making contributes to btc, but only earning more money, however they deny those regulations to keep exchanges transparent. Since they won't contribute btc evolving more to the real economy, it will just be a logic deadlock.
In fact, every exchange is mtgox. I never trust any moral discipline of an exchange. These are things only related to humanity, not capital. Such a disorder of exchangeS, as they will eventually keep a higher and higher gate to normal people, will kill tradings, the best thing in raising price of btc

EPIC Fail.

The OP must be completely unaware that MtGox was the first exchange to be regulated. MtGox was the first exchange to make you "verify" your ID with government docs - and even then the gov shut down their dwolla account.

Even so, the price of bitcoins has risen in 10-fold increments without gov regulations, namely because regulating bitcoin is impossible - making the OP's argument stupid as hell.

I'm grumpy!!
BittBurger

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:46:57 PM

How about this:

Govt will regulate certain exchanges.

And Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of Government as well.

I basically see both happening.

How?

Decentralized exchanges.

Folks - you must not be up to date on the latest news.   Please listen to Lets Talk Bitcoin podcast daily if you can.

There are Decentralized exchanges on the way which are not run by any human being.

They will operate outside of regulation.   People will have the choice to use regulated exchanges, or decentralized ones, I assume.

And because the decentralized ones are decentralized, they can't be shut down.

I think both will exist side by side.

Even if Bitcoin gets fully regulated, it will still operate underground on some level.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:59:29 PM

some exchanges ARE legit, eg bitstamp and coinbase. They have preformed audits that prove they have the btc on hand.
Sir Lagsalot

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

The lion roars!

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:15:58 PM

OP seems to have strong opinions but little experience.

Trusting 'the authorities' to solve our problems with crypto exchanges won't work. We can see the failure of this approach in the endless scandals across "regulated markets" - Libor, precious metals, sub-prime, HFT etc.

Regulatory capture is the inevitable result of such an approach.

We must arrive at a cryptographic solution. Maths is a lot more trustworthy than masters.

rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 05:22:57 PM

This is the Idea many will disagree to , few will call it totally absurd and few will appreciate it..., I'm one of those who'll vote in favor , I hope other members will respect my POV even if they don't agree..! When we talk about some kind of regulation we are not talking about just govt involved we can look for some other solutions ..!

TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:31:25 PM

This is the Idea many will disagree to , few will call it totally absurd and few will appreciate it..., I'm one of those who'll vote in favor , I hope other members will respect my POV even if they don't agree..! When we talk about some kind of regulation we are not talking about just govt involved we can look for some other solutions ..!

In favor of forced regulation, or voluntary? Your POV will not be respected if you force 2 people to follow a set of rules which they ordinarily wouldn't agree to.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:36:21 PM

When the debt bubble blows up...  Things are going to get interesting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: