Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:07:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: without regulation of those exchanges, btc will never be in a high price  (Read 3496 times)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 07:53:54 AM

high price is bad, always

regulation is also bad, always

Right because clean drinking water and safe food is highly overrated.  Who needs such things?   Roll Eyes

My water company is private. Basically well water filtered and sent to my home.

Food regulations prevent me from being able to drink healthy milk from a cow.

I guess these types of posts are what comes with more Bitcoin adoption by the masses.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:25:59 AM

I guess these types of posts are what comes with more Bitcoin adoption by the masses.

Lol.  My favourites are those with degrees in economics.

Loans is an absurdity that our societies should not be based on, so that is out of the question as far as I am concerned.

*sigh*
~Coinseeker~

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:02:55 AM

Wsup with this horde of noobs out of nowhere attempting to derail Bitcoin, make it and us bow to government will and similar bullshits? GTFO, fucks!

Agent provocateurs, mercenaries, pirates and concern trolls attempting to dilute the community with sensible-sounding rhetoric. This is simply one prong of the attack on bitcoin. Gavin being draped in praise, influence and wealth by the CRF is another. As is the dilution of the bitcoin foundation...and many other areas of attack. We ain't seen nothing yet as this shit is just getting started. You will never see it coming. "They" have agents everywhere. Whoever does not believe they are not right here right now trying to undermine the Satoshi Whitepaper and Bitcoin's founding and sound money principles is a fool.

Hmm...so you're saying regulations undermine the Satoshi Whitepaper?  Through regulation Bitcoin will somehow cease to prevent double spending?   Huh  This sounds more like you've added your own ideology to the Whitepaper, one that not everyone seems to agree with.  And you sir, have no more right to Bitcoin than anyone else.  Roll Eyes
repairguy

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:31:44 AM

Regulation is always bad for everything all the time.  No good ever comes from regulations.  It just inhibits growth and prosperity.

At the point of a gun!
sergio

Activity: 313
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 08:07:26 AM

mtgox was regulated by fincen, and that did not help at all.
Regulation is bad especially when the rules are complex that not one understands, because they contradict each other and vary state to state and country to country, at the end you end up with an spider web of regulation that is very costly for businesses.
The treat of regulation is keeping Bitcoin from growing, in the long run with or without regulation the Bitcoin user base will  grow, but it will grow a lot quick without regulation.

As an example that regulation is bad
Something goes really wrong at MtGox does Fincen do anything, do they investigate, no, they do absolutely nothing even though Mtgox was under their Jurisdiction.
Flexcoin gets hacked, under existing laws theft is ilegal, the police mock the case, and refuse to investigate, only after public pressure but not under good will they decide to investigate at a later time therefore helping the thieves get away with theft by helping them gain time.

If existing laws are not helping, what makes you think more laws are going to help.

We need to educate the public, and have some more technical solutions to the problems.

One thing that needs to be done for the price to go up, not because of technical reason, but because of psychological  reasons is to change the unit, we should make the default wallet to have everything labeled in millibitcoins, for us it is the same, but for the average joe it is not, they see Bitcoin as being expensive, it reality it does not matter, but for the average Joe Bitcoin has to look affordable.

The other thing that needs to be done, and it is not a simple task, is to make the Bitcoin client be idiot proof specially under windows, android, and macs for the average joe to feel comfortable with Bitcoin.
Linux is fine.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 08:22:55 AM

Ebay started out in new territory of online auctions.

As they became more popular, they started getting more and more scammers.

They came up with the feedback system and other means of self regulating.

How many Congressional hearings have there been to regulate Ebay?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
repairguy

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:02:16 AM

Government regulation brings people false confidence and gives them an excuse to be stupid.  Everyone assumes that if a business is regulated, it is trustworthy, and that is rarely the case.  They put false trust in the regulation, and fail to research and learn.  Then when they loose their money, they cry for something to be done!!  Look at the forum.  I have not been a member for long, but I can assume that many people got scammed.  People became much more cautious, they actually gain capacity to think!  When this happens the scammers die off and the people worthy of business thrive.

The fall of Mt Gox, in my opinion is a good thing.  The survivors deserve to survive because they are better.  The demand for bitcoin will remain and the strong businesses grow stronger, and the people learn from their mistakes.
repairguy

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:04:26 AM

They came up with the feedback system and other means of self regulating.

These systems absolutely drive me crazy! However, demand will foster innovation and maybe we will see something better.  At least until then I have a choice to deal with them or not, and that is the most important thing.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: