Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:28:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issues with S9 Miners, please help Im new  (Read 235 times)
eotrix (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 05:07:53 PM

Hello miner friends, I have some issues and questions if you kind enough to help me.

1. It shows too many discarded in miner interface. Like when I have 3000 accepted, like 35.000 discarded. Its same for all devices I have. Is it bug in visual or what is it how to prevent?

2. One of my miner hash with 0 on all three boards. I checked kernel log and saw these in particular:
Total valid nonce number 0(shows like 2 3 times)
All chip cores opened FAIL
These logs points to my network or what?

I really could not find a Clear info for both of my concerns. I hope I can get some answer from some experienced miner fellas.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2019, 05:29:46 PM

Hello miner friends, I have some issues and questions if you kind enough to help me.

1. It shows too many discarded in miner interface. Like when I have 3000 accepted, like 35.000 discarded. Its same for all devices I have. Is it bug in visual or what is it how to prevent?

2. One of my miner hash with 0 on all three boards. I checked kernel log and saw these in particular:
Total valid nonce number 0(shows like 2 3 times)
All chip cores opened FAIL
These logs points to my network or what?

I really could not find a Clear info for both of my concerns. I hope I can get some answer from some experienced miner fellas.

For number 1 try to disable LPM and ELPM. If this works, try a different pool.

For number 2 you need to test the Asic boards one by one, perhaps try a different PSU, and a different controller. You could also try moving the asic board to your working miner to see if it works there.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
eotrix (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 05:55:52 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2019, 12:12:27 AM by frodocooper

For number 1 try to disable LPM and ELPM. If this works, try a different pool.

For number 2 you need to test the Asic boards one by one, perhaps try a different PSU, and a different controller. You could also try moving the asic board to your working miner to see if it works there.

I tried disabling LPM and ELPM and still very high discarded. About 2, I will try putting asic boards in a working miner and if they work, then problem must be controller board right?
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2019, 06:10:47 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2019, 12:12:53 AM by frodocooper

I tried disabling LPM and ELPM and still very high discarded. About 2, I will try putting asic boards in a working miner and if they work, then problem must be controller board right?

Yes, but test them one by one in a working miner, ie, turn it on with only one board connected at a time. You can also try swapping data cables, and power cables from the PSU.

If they still don't work with a miner you know its good with its own asic boards, they are likely bad.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 06:12:20 PM

Is the poolside hash rate reading correct?  Are you running a high diff on your miners?  High rate of discards is not necessarily a problem, depends on other things.

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
eotrix (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 06:18:22 PM

Is the poolside hash rate reading correct?  Are you running a high diff on your miners?  High rate of discards is not necessarily a problem, depends on other things.

Yes it reads correct, if you asking the diffA rate its very low like 0,003.
I checked other miners kernel log and they all show like:
Total valid nonce 54000
Requested nonce 54000

But in this ones log, its 0 valid nonce and requestes 54000. Is not that give any clue about what is causing the issue?

And I will try asic boards one by one and whole together if they work as one on a different miner as Artemis3 said.
Btw one more piece of info here, It does not show the temp values too for these 3 boards. Shows just 0.000 for all three hashrates.
VRobb

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 06:33:44 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2019, 06:56:21 PM by VRobb

If the poolside hashrate reads correct you have no problems!  Cool

-- Oh, I see, that's very different.  Getting nothing poolside is more than just lots of discards, there's something else going on to cause it. You're sure your LAN is good?

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
eotrix (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 06:52:57 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2019, 12:13:57 AM by frodocooper

If the poolside hashrate reads correct you have no problems!  Cool

Ah No I mean pool reads correct for other Miners. Since this has 0 th/s pool does not even see this worker. 3 boards with 0 th/s still :/
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2494

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 07:03:36 PM
Merited by BitMaxz (1)

Do the pools report as being alive? If not, check your user settings: If you used copy/paste to put in the pool address/worker names you probably have a whitespace at the end of them which will stop everything.... If the space is there delete it and try again.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
eotrix (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 07:41:03 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2019, 12:14:25 AM by frodocooper

Do the pools report as being alive? If not, check your user settings: If you used copy/paste to put in the pool address/worker names you probably have a whitespace at the end of them which will stop everything.... If the space is there delete it and try again.

Sir, the pool does not even recognize that miner and I though its coz it has 0 hashrate. It should still recognize? There is issue with miner network?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2494

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 08:10:13 PM

AFAIK even if the miner does not hash from bad controller or hash boards the miner GUI should still show the pool(s) as being alive because they did connect. If the GUI shows the pool as dead check for the spaces at end of addresses.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
eotrix (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 09:19:21 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2019, 12:14:49 AM by frodocooper

AFAIK even if the miner does not hash from bad controller or hash boards the miner GUI should still show the pool(s) as being alive because they did connect. If the GUI shows the pool as dead check for the spaces at end of addresses.

I have changed nothing and It started to hash 30 minutes ago. Dunno what is wrong but Im concerned about it happening again.. Could it be issue with internet connection or Psu? If it was asic boards or controller issue, It would not work well as its now right?
VRobb

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 01:14:07 AM
Merited by BitMaxz (1)

Could be, but good news it is running for you again. I'd think Internet connection might be suspect, or your internal LAN.
Cheers, and Mine On!  Cool

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 2934

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2019, 06:37:52 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2019, 11:19:33 PM by frodocooper

Agree with VRobb, Also change your network settings to static because sometimes I solved this issue by adding google DNS.

Check this guide from bitmain how to set network to static.

Sample settings below.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
eotrix (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 11:19:13 PM

I appreciate every bit of help, thank you. Its working fine so far, will try the dns thing happens again
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 6330

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 11:30:50 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2019, 11:20:09 PM by frodocooper

I don't want to be mean, but this is a terrible way of reporting an issue, you provided little to know details that could help  troubleshoot your problem, please refer to this > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5133468.0 and try to provide such details.

1- as far as the discarded shares, don't worry about it, as long as the hashrate is good on the pool side you are good.

2- the 0 hashrate is very possibly an internet / network related issue as others have mentioned, if you posted the kernel log and screenshots it would have been easier to troubleshoot.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tim-bc

Activity: 538
Merit: 175

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 03:36:43 PM

Discarded shares is a useless, meaningless stat. It was only a useful stat for pool operators back in the days when getwork was used for mining. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1177988.msg12402249#msg12402249

Otherwise, make sure to post your kernel logs next time like mikeywith recommended.

Ignore scammers on Skype, Telegram, etc. I will only ever contact you via forum PMs. See profile for fingerprint.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: