Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:39:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What it cost in fiat money to make a crypto project?  (Read 297 times)
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 07:32:27 AM

it depends on hundreds of different things! and it can be in a range from $1 to thousands of dollars.

for example you can do what 90% of the market is doing and copy another shitcoin and change its name to release a "new" one. that doesn't cost anything since you just copied another developer's code. this is happening these days in form of ICO/IEO/...
but on the contrary if you want to create an actually good project with some innovation then it takes time for you to code it and that development process is a time you are spending as a "developer" so it costs you to code. depending on how much you invest your time it can cost differently.

the above is the major costs in my opinion.
but then it comes the advertisement. a good project doesn't really need advertisement so your cost if you have a good project is nearly zero. for example Satoshi never spent any dime on advertising bitcoin!
but if it is a shitcoin specially a shitty ICO token then you will have to spend money advertising it so that you can fool people into buying your crap so that you can dump it and make money. in which case the cost increases based on how much you want to advertise the project. it can be in form of banner ads on forums, websites or ad networks, it can be signature campaigns, bounty campaigns for fools,... and each have different cost.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 08:29:39 AM

Let's say i would love to make a project i have great idea what will be the cost to make an asset plus website ?
It all depends on the kind of project you want to build, if you are thinking of creating your own coin and launching it to the market,  then you should budget at least 3 BTC bought for developers and also payment of listing fee to exchanges so that your coin can be added to their exchange for trading, I am a developer and I have seen a lot of project been carried out,  the least they ever spent in making their success was 2.5btc.
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 12:55:55 PM

Let's say i would love to make a project i have great idea what will be the cost to make an asset plus website ?
It all depends on the kind of project you want to build, if you are thinking of creating your own coin and launching it to the market,  then you should budget at least 3 BTC bought for developers and also payment of listing fee to exchanges so that your coin can be added to their exchange for trading, I am a developer and I have seen a lot of project been carried out,  the least they ever spent in making their success was 2.5btc.
2.5 BTC - 3 BTC is certainly a big number in my personal opinion. But if a project that wants to develop is certainly a very reasonable number. I'm sure anyone would have an idea about the project. But for development, it is certainly needed.
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 01:10:22 PM

I can not say how this case is calculated correctly, but I think that in general it depends only on how strongly you believe in cryptocurrency. I think that prices will set the market and it will dictate what I should use.
lisasteca (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 01:12:21 PM

In my view, the first thing that you should do is to make a team. However, it will be easier to develop everything with some people on your team than you do everything yourself. The second thing is to look for a partnership to make people trust in your project. People will be hard to trust in your project without good support from trusted parties, except if you already have a big company. And the third one is to build a community. In crypto space, a community for a project is a must to strengthen your project and guarantee its sustainability in the future.  

Yes i agree with you, team is important and good partership is vital for a project, i have such great idea and i would love to start soon!
lisasteca (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 01:15:42 PM

it depends on hundreds of different things! and it can be in a range from $1 to thousands of dollars.

for example you can do what 90% of the market is doing and copy another shitcoin and change its name to release a "new" one. that doesn't cost anything since you just copied another developer's code. this is happening these days in form of ICO/IEO/...
but on the contrary if you want to create an actually good project with some innovation then it takes time for you to code it and that development process is a time you are spending as a "developer" so it costs you to code. depending on how much you invest your time it can cost differently.

the above is the major costs in my opinion.
but then it comes the advertisement. a good project doesn't really need advertisement so your cost if you have a good project is nearly zero. for example Satoshi never spent any dime on advertising bitcoin!
but if it is a shitcoin specially a shitty ICO token then you will have to spend money advertising it so that you can fool people into buying your crap so that you can dump it and make money. in which case the cost increases based on how much you want to advertise the project. it can be in form of banner ads on forums, websites or ad networks, it can be signature campaigns, bounty campaigns for fools,... and each have different cost.

not much innovations, can't brings innovations more than bitcoin did , don't have such great computers skills , but i have such great idea and iwould love to make it with good team around!  What do you think it would be the best steps to do right now? Starting to make a team?
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 01:17:59 PM

It is very hard to start a crypto projects from scratch. Imagine the cost you will used just in creating/maintaning your website. You need to hire a web developer to maintain the website and security. You will hire people to help you run the project like marketing, legal team and developers.
lisasteca (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 01:22:46 PM

It is very hard to start a crypto projects from scratch. Imagine the cost you will used just in creating/maintaning your website. You need to hire a web developer to maintain the website and security. You will hire people to help you run the project like marketing, legal team and developers.

Well off course i need to hire people to make the project, need people who will start the project with me not for money for passion, people who beleave the idea it would be very good!
Jpt

Activity: 374
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 01:30:52 PM

Conceiving an idea to launch a project is very much good in the world of cryptocurrency. One of the good aspects of cryptocurrency is you need not to face difficulties in collecting funds to support your project and implement your ideas, but you need to put forwards a good concept and a genuine project. There are many investors ready to support your project (promising and good). Some sites have been offering as a mediator to collect funds for any person wishing to start a new project.
Jating

Activity: 2940
Merit: 809

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 01:40:17 PM

Probably around $100k I'd say, you need someone to promote it, create a website for you, developed a token and then bounties to raise more funds.

Or you can have like joint ventures or reach for other companies to help you do a start up though. For me, business capital should be big so that you can do whatever you want to make a project successful.
949miner

Activity: 448

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 02:09:55 PM

First and foremost, the initial cost involved in the creation or development of a crypto project will basically depend on the type of project you want to develop and the purpose of the project to the crypto space. This will help you know the kinda team you need and the cost involved for the team. Also, the cost for a crypto project will depend if there is a product to back the coin and the project.  You may need an estimated amount of $15k for the initial start.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Rapidgator

Activity: 509

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 02:23:16 PM

First and foremost, the initial cost involved in the creation or development of a crypto project will basically depend on the type of project you want to develop and the purpose of the project to the crypto space. This will help you know the kinda team you need and the cost involved for the team. Also, the cost for a crypto project will depend if there is a product to back the coin and the project.  You may need an estimated amount of $15k for the initial start.
Sorry, but a 15kUSD is just too low amount to start bigger development of the project with blockchain technology in it. You have to remember that if you really want to succeed you have to also have a fund for marketing campaign.
lisasteca (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 02:39:05 PM

Probably around $100k I'd say, you need someone to promote it, create a website for you, developed a token and then bounties to raise more funds.

Or you can have like joint ventures or reach for other companies to help you do a start up though. For me, business capital should be big so that you can do whatever you want to make a project successful.

Ok let's say bounty you pay with the tokens i would not say it cost money , the most expencive think it would be for me to make goo professional website, i would say around 10K dollars it would be good money to start!
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 02:42:42 PM

The estimate I think for creating new project in crypto is about $5000-$10,000 because creating new project is not easy you need developer odd this and any others needed. Unless you are have skills that is good for creating new project and you know that you will save thousands of dollars for sure.
cahkalem

Activity: 562
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 02:52:39 PM

It depends on where you stay and the bills there
I believe if you can get this to the service section; you will get precise answer from experts

It should be around 1,000$ for a start, you need a website, Internet and get it right from the start

not that simple my friend
you need more than 1,000$, because for a serious project not only a website, but you should find a good and professional dev team, marketing team etc, and all the team above is not free,,, also to develop your project you need money too
maybe the in the beginning you need at least 300,000$ - 500,000$
dipeco
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 04:14:30 PM

I can imagine that it is not the cheapest thing in the world. You need a website, a whitepaper, make a good team, pay advisors, community managers, developers to create at least an MVP. Moreover, if you want people to buy it, you need to pay for holding an IEO.
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 04:23:37 PM

Based on how big is your time, if you are alone probably you need to hire esperts to help you build like good looking website, smart-contract, documents writers  or paid-PR. With this situation, you will need to pay more money. But if you have a big team that agree to build the project together than it would be cheaper. Unfortunately, I can mention the exact number of money needed because maybe each country has its own expense.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 04:33:18 PM

Nowadays token creation service available even at $250 as well but if you are going to create your own blokvhai for your coi means then it depends on your idea and your advertisement strategy.
Alpinat

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 05:48:08 PM

I don't really think it is a good idea mate. There is so much project that are circulating right now and most of us is just failing. I don't recommend to create a new project but if you really insist I guess the estimate for start to create such project is around $2,000 or more just for a starter it will increase from time to time.
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 05:51:39 PM

If what you mean is the ICO project, then you need at least $ 2,000,000 for Softcape costs, because I once met the Agate project at a low cost. but you should have a partner, because the more you have partners, the costs can be cheaper because your burden will be divided.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: