View Profile
November 09, 2011, 07:26:58 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2016, 01:00:38 AM by BitcoinEXpress

delete

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 10:16:09 PM

This post boiled down the problems with Solidcoin so well, it deserved its own post, this is Loup Garoux responding to Viperjbm

Dude, do we REALLY need YET ANOTHER SC thread ?
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 03:30:43 AM

All the Litecoin fanboys are furious at the latest pump and dump. I wonder how many of them bought in at 0.01BTC :p.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 05:39:35 AM

It is your imagination ...
We've always been at war with Eastasia
luffy

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 05:57:02 AM

as much as you fight SC so popular it will be!
the markets are in control of all currencies, just look what is happenning with Euro Cheesy
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 07:38:49 AM

This post boiled down the problems with Solidcoin so well, it deserved its own post, this is Loup Garoux responding to Viperjbm

Quote Loup Garoux
original message https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50096.msg611606#msg611606

"Gravely mistaken" Huh Huh Do you really think that altcoins of any flavor are important enough to label them "grave"? They are an alternate that is in its infancy. Unluckily for this particular baby, it was born into a village that likes to fuck around with it, with each other, with the rules, with the code, and with the ways to twist a profit out of anything we touch. Your guy created an alt that he, or his vainglorious non-profit Rangeroos can control utterly and completely. I will give credit that his marketing stays on topic- his is maniacal in staying on-message. Unfortunately that message is that his sliced bread is somehow magically better in every conceivable way, and in fact represents a complete re-invention of the concept of bread, and anyone who enjoys bread should immediately flock to his, because it will destroy all other slices in the universe by the very fact of its existence.

It is exactly the message and the delivery of that message that turns people off. Some find the misrepresentations about releasing the code to be the issue that drives their criticism, others look to the gross mis-statements about non-centralized control nodes which are in fact exactly the opposite, to be a turn-off. SC has a horrible poster child, and he scares anybody legitimate off. SC will never enjoy any significant market adoption because the self proclaimed messianic goofball who runs it is such a complete and utter failure at interpersonal communication. He is a liar, me is an arrogant braggart, and he is an unrepentant simpleton who thinks that screaming at the world will convince the world that he is right, either in person or through proxies.

You choose to be one such proxy- Yay, you! You are a savvy investor who watches and plays the markets closely. Yay, you! You want to preach the gospel of how wrong the rest of the world is because we don't fall into lockstep with you on following the screaming fuck-wit rowing the wrong way on your slave galley of fools. Yay, you, you have found purpose in the world! Dial back the vitriol, muzzle your mouthy little bitch-in-charge and the world might be able to consider SC on it's own merits without a headache from the incessant noise. Many who have taken a look at it have determined that it doesn't fit their needs, and many of those have decided to share their reasoned criticism with the world. Your shilling and pimping is not going to change facts, regardless of how many times you scream "troll" Chicken Lemon. The only sky that is falling is your own credibility for representing a really crappy batch of snake oil.

I'm tired of SC threads.

Let SC die in peace!  lol

Forger about CH, BCX!!

Use your energy improving Bitcoin!
Spacy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 07:52:05 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2011, 08:22:11 AM by Spacy

I'm tired of SC threads.

It was very quiet in the alt-chain-board for some days now, until BCX did came back. Now he is pushing again the SC propaganda machine  Grin
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 07:58:23 AM

I'm tired of SC threads.

It was very quiet in the alt-chain-board for some days now, until BCX did came back. No he is pushing again the SC propaganda machine  Grin

Imagine in the end we do find out that BCX = RS Grin

There is no such thing as bad publicity in the cryptocurrency world.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 08:29:03 AM

I was in the process of replying to Psy, one of RealSolid's prime proxies when I came back and both of his post were gone.

A new name to this entertaining microcosm, although not to the boards.  Welcome.

As an aside, if you look at Psy's posts, they are anti Bitcoinexpress rather than pro-solidcoin.  They (Psy) made that point a week or so ago, thought I would add it back.

Working out the change from Bulanula is harder (there was a shift, but I never worked out quite what happened), but Spacy is a die-hard.
bulanula

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 05:43:25 PM

I was in the process of replying to Psy, one of RealSolid's prime proxies when I came back and both of his post were gone.

A new name to this entertaining microcosm, although not to the boards.  Welcome.

As an aside, if you look at Psy's posts, they are anti Bitcoinexpress rather than pro-solidcoin.  They (Psy) made that point a week or so ago, thought I would add it back.

Working out the change from Bulanula is harder (there was a shift, but I never worked out quite what happened), but Spacy is a die-hard.

Simples. I sold all my SC at 0.0126 peak ! No more SC trolling now. I am LTC supporter now Wink
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:01:11 PM

Simples. I sold all my SC at 0.0126 peak ! No more SC trolling now. I am LTC supporter now Wink
Why people support a chain that can be taken down at any second by anyone with minuscule hashing power is beyond me. In your case why not just support BTC 100%?
Spacy

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:06:00 PM

Why people support a chain that can be taken down at any second by anyone with minuscule hashing power is beyond me. In your case why not just support BTC 100%?

Because he has lot of LTC now, and missed to sell at peak Smiley
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:18:01 PM

Spacy, please just kill yourself, or just stop posting here entirely and return to solidcointalk where you belong.

You don't add anything to these forums, and every time you post, you make yourself, and SolidCoin, look worse and worse.

Please just fuck off already. I'm begging you. Just... die... and spare us all your mind-numbing stupidity.

Mods, please, just out-right ban all these SC zealots.

I'll PAY YOU IN BTC to ban these people if that's what it takes to start reducing the shit that's clogging this place.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:23:56 PM

Spacy, please just kill yourself, or just stop posting here entirely and return to solidcointalk where you belong.

You don't add anything to these forums, and every time you post, you make yourself, and SolidCoin, look worse and worse.

Please just fuck off already. I'm begging you. Just... die... and spare us all your mind-numbing stupidity.

Mods, please, just out-right ban all these SC zealots.

I'll PAY YOU IN BTC to ban these people if that's what it takes to start reducing the shit that's clogging this place.
You sound angry as hell dude. You think they should ban senior members like me, because some stupid clown like you comes along and says so? "SC Zealots" are part of this community just as much as all the other alternative currency supporters.

P.S. You shouldn't be wishing death upon anyone.. Especially other forum members. Wtf is wrong with you?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:27:01 PM

You think they should ban senior members like me, because some stupid clown like you comes along and says so?

In a word ... yes. 

You do nothing but lie, obfuscate, and damage the reputation of crypto-currency community.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:32:28 PM

You think they should ban senior members like me, because some stupid clown like you comes along and says so?

In a word ... yes. 

You do nothing but lie, obfuscate, and damage the reputation of crypto-currency community.
Funny those are all the same exact traits I see in you sir. All you do is spew FUD and lies about SC on a daily basis and never own up to any of them.
Spacy

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:33:10 PM

In a word ... yes.  

What is more damaging to the crypto-currency community? Trying out new chain concepts or just FUDing against it?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 06:35:58 PM

In a word ... yes. 

Funny those are all the same exact traits I see in you sir. All you do is spew FUD and lies about SC on a daily basis and never own up to any of them.

Name one.

The 12M can be transfered to King RealScam wallet?  Which you said was impossible and code proves is possible.
That the person who has control of 51% of control money controls the network?  Which you said was false and not only does code say otherwise you King has said otherwise.
bulanula

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 07:03:35 PM

Why people support a chain that can be taken down at any second by anyone with minuscule hashing power is beyond me.

The 12M can be transfered to King RealScam wallet?  Which you said was impossible and code proves is possible.
That the person who has control of 51% of control money controls the network?  Which you said was false and not only does code say otherwise you King has said otherwise.

Well I am not turing back but IMHO this is quite a valid point. I would rather have RS control my CPU coin rather than some random botnet owner Smiley

Disclaimer : This sudden change may or may not have something to do with the recent price movements of LTC / SLC. It is all business brother.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 07:06:31 PM

lol - without these threads, my morning coffee would require me to read something much more dull, like Italian bond yields or Greek politics (or worse, domestic politics).  Perhaps Sarah Palin could be encouraged to run for pres is she had SC backing (that would provide entertainment for the whole world).

On that basis, banning the knights of SC would be bad.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: