Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:47:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are IEO's bad?  (Read 14409 times)
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 05:17:45 PM

My understanding for IEOs is basically instead of project handling raising funds etc. It will be for an exchange to do so.

An IEO hosted by Yobit or Binance can clearly not be compared. In other words, the exchange gives more credibility to the project regardless of whether it's worth it or not.

Am I the only one who thinks this is actually a bad thing and make people focus on the exchange hosting rather than the actual project and what the team is offering etc.?

We can't deny the fact that there will be always scam projects no matter what. IEO for me is better than ICO in terms of rasing tokens as it requires a partnership between the exchange and project owner. This means that when a project turns out to be a scam, the reputation of an exchange would be affected and any exchange owner won't let that happen. Therefore, through IEO the number victim of scam projects can/could be lessen.

Do you think the scammer or hacker can't able to enter in the IEO? as far as I know, all things are possible to any scammer, as long as they smell money in it, they will do everything surely to get it. But whether good or bad the decision will always depend on the community here in the forum.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nivia1st

Activity: 821
Merit: 100

Volare.network

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 05:22:55 PM

IEO isn't bad, but the road is too excessive. Remember this could be a new way for scammers to commit fraud. we still have to be vigilant and don't trust too much even if it's in a big exchange though.
IEO is a hype investment lately but it is difficult to invest there because the duration is quite short, if you want to buy better, just wait when the token can be opened in the trade.

herdiansyahdanang

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 06:30:02 PM

IEO isn't bad, but the road is too excessive. Remember this could be a new way for scammers to commit fraud. we still have to be vigilant and don't trust too much even if it's in a big exchange though.
IEO is a hype investment lately but it is difficult to invest there because the duration is quite short, if you want to buy better, just wait when the token can be opened in the trade.

I also hope that the IEO will now tackle scammers but I am sure the IEO in the big exchange will become big investors to rise again.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 06:42:00 PM

My understanding for IEOs is basically instead of project handling raising funds etc. It will be for an exchange to do so.

Yes, it is.

An IEO hosted by Yobit or Binance can clearly not be compared. In other words, the exchange gives more credibility to the project regardless of whether it's worth it or not.

It can actually add credibility to the project since some exchange don't just accept listing, which can reduce the probability of scam or shitty projects for raising funds using their platform since the platforms credibility will be involved if a project is scam.

Am I the only one who thinks this is actually a bad thing and make people focus on the exchange hosting rather than the actual project and what the team is offering etc.?

This could possibly happen, so everything will actually depend on whether a platform is really doing their part on reviewing IEO projects credibility or not. Let's just hope that IEO will change how most investors view ICOs(scam).

SRKNGL

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 06:53:02 PM

Iosos don't make any difference. The only difference here is the exchanges behind the ieo. We invest without knowing their teams.

3core

Activity: 152
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 06:53:54 PM

IEOs are not totally bad for investors because they can be sure the project will eventually get listed but project wise it is bad because most investor will have to rely on the crediblity of the exchange hosting the IEO.

ceteris paribus
/ˌkɛtərɪs ˈparɪbʊs/
Simple_Plan

Activity: 113
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 07:03:14 PM

IEO is good itself, at least it's safer choice than ICO. Buying an IEO, you don't have to face with the fear of holding a bunch of worthless tokens. However, some recent IEOs showed less hype on this trend. One must very careful to choose a right project on a right exchange if he doesn't want to get loss.

∞ HYPNOXYS | A Backed Protocol To Decentralize The Chatting Industry
visit : www.hypnoxys.com
rjp55

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 07:04:48 PM

No, they are not bad unless you join an ieo on a scammy exchange.

Ieo means ico on exchange. Not a huge difference just a middleman.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
jimskiy

Activity: 574

Bitway.net - The Best Bitcoin Mining Network

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 09:18:06 AM

Based on which on IEO you have joined, maybe many IEO listed on bad exchange like Yobit maybe better for left it and never for joining because is not good for participating and better joined on Binance IEO.

BTC BitwayBTC
The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
────────  DiscordInstagram ♦  Twitter ♦  Bitcointalk ♦  Reddit ♦  Facebook   ────────
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 09:19:03 AM

No, they are not bad unless you join an ieo on a scammy exchange.

Ieo means ico on exchange. Not a huge difference just a middleman.
you are right. IEO is the newest form of ICO, but IEO has far more advantages. but, it all depends on the project being undertaken, and also the market where the IEO is taking place. hence from that research is very necessary.
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 09:25:09 AM

yep you are right because when scam exchange like Yobit would make exchange then don't think anyone invest there, its a good way of raining money but makes exchanges much more powerful than before so projects which hasn't ICO and IEO becomes much more difficult list to big exchanges like Binance so it will become problem for projects and users.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2019, 09:37:37 AM

Many people into cryptocurrency right now are in it for the money and not the technology behind it or its use case. They just want a coin listed so they can sell off for high profits. IEOs give them this opportunity to do so. But the buzz around it will still die down after a while just like when ICOs became popular in 2017/2018

absurde

Activity: 532
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2019, 09:46:19 AM

I didin't understand ioe's situation, when they launch getting hype in short term  than coming down dip long term. Binance choices are not goog when we look the project , i think the demand will decrease.
karagun125

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2019, 09:53:23 AM

I think its better to try something new, something innovative that can give us more trust in the project. Because ICO are some kind of dead to some crypto enthusiast since most of their projects are unsuccessful and the worst is a scam.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 09:53:44 AM

I also hope that the IEO will now tackle scammers but I am sure the IEO in the big exchange will become big investors to rise again.
IEO in big exchange site looks manipulated by the exchange site itself. ICO must provide its KYC to the exchange before they can list their ico to that launchpad and that can prevent scammers.
the fact that it looks like more healthy compared with independent ico.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Greeno Force
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 09:54:52 AM

For people, IEO now makes more profit than ICO.  However, not everyone has time to earn, and someone just remains in the red with their tokens.  It seems to me that IEO is only a temporary phenomenon.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
colenax

Activity: 376

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 10:16:00 AM

I think your opinion is correct and we need to discuss this.
I see that the IEO is becoming a new trend and most of the projects that I follow and have ended up doing IEOs in some exchanges.
which needs to be prioritized as you say.
but according to sources that I read, one of the positive side makes investors more flexible and trustworthy than investing in ico.

icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2019, 11:31:33 AM

Well the thing about the people focus on the exchange hosting rather than the project is true, but that's not wrong either. It is like when you have more trust on the project that are endorsed or suggested by experts, you actually focus on the experts rather than the project. But in this case, the expert is the exchanges.

Firunner

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2019, 11:49:30 AM

Hey,

IEOs aren't bad per se. There's good and bad.

The good:
- It can help legitimate projects get funding and more awareness. It brings more token holders at day 0 than if you get funded with VCs that don't care about the project and don't bring much besides money.

The bad:
- Greed-fueled, investors don't even know about the projects and are just looking to flip. This is not how you build something lasting.

We actually have a quiz coming for a project that's doing an IEO. There's 1 ETH worth of tokens to win per question! Check it out, I'm sure you'll find it interesting Wink

🚨 More giveaways coming. And this time, you won't believe it... You'll have an opportunity to win tokens of an IEO! 🚨

👊 This is the first quiz for an IEO in the history of crypto and we are very honored to pioneer it and get to claim this milestone! You know we bring you the best.

🔥🔥 Evedo Quiz on Saturday 4th of May 🔥🔥

ℹ️ Evedo is a blockchain based platform, consisting of B2B & B2C Marketplaces. It unifies all businesses and participants involved in organizing events. Their aim is to build a marketplace and a true ecosystem that will help the $850+ Billion event industry grow by connecting all parties without unnecessary middlemen.

🚀 When you think about how hard it is to organize an event with so many parties involved: ground planning for permits, booking agents, artist management, stage construction, stage lighting, electricity, beverage companies, emergency services and security services just to name a few... Then you begin to understand why Evedo can help smooth out this strenuous process 😉

💰 Research the project and compete to win 1 ETH worth of tokens per question!

✅ There will be between 5 and 8 questions. The best answers will be selected by the team.

🌐 Evedo's website (https://www.evedo.co/) 🌐 

💬 Join their Telegram group (https://t.me/evedoco) to learn more about the project.

🕑 The quiz will start in GAINS Quizzes (https://t.me/GainsQuizzes) Saturday the 4th of May at 18h UTC+2.

😎 Do your research 📚 and see you there for a fun event! May the best win 🏆

🔹Another day, another opportunity to win hundreds of dollars worth of tokens with GAINS.

This is all real, no scam. We've been thriving with our amazing community for nearly a year and a half now. Come check it out.
Main channels:
Telegram Community - https://t.me/GainsChat
Telegram Announcements - https://t.me/GainsANN
Telegram Quizzes - https://t.me/GainsQuizzes
Twitter - https://twitter.com/GainsAssociates
Discord - Discord - https://discord.gg/WebCxR3
gasparik87

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 12:00:53 PM

Too many people picked up this trend and too many projects began to spill over to the market.  It will definitely not bring to the good.  Everything will end in a scenario, as with ico projects.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: