Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:05:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are IEO's bad?  (Read 14415 times)
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2019, 10:45:02 PM

IEO isn't bad just instead of ICOs or after ICOs to funds rise. Which research we did before invest, now different exchange did before IEO runs on this exchange.
IEOs are good for a few small reasons. But, in essence, there is no big difference than ICO. Only, coin is sold on the exchange. Essentially, it does not make a big difference unless it is in the great exchange.
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 10:51:30 PM

I think IEO is good and more reliable than ICO. In IEO there will be fewer scams. But I don’t like that in IEO only exchanges and investors and start-ups can earn, and there’s no place for bounty hunters.

And why is that bad. The only reason for bounties is to help spread the word about a project. If a project already gets advertising through an exchange, then there is potentially no need for bounty.

It should be seen as a positive that IEOs are likely better for investors since they are actually spending money on the project.
They say it bad cause they are thinking that IEO will be just the same for ICO and they also put in their mind that, of what it happens to ICO will similarly happen again into IEO projects. I hope they weren't wrong, in fact, IEO hasn't proved anything this time that is why they should give their best and so investors will look into them.
newdevices

Activity: 1048
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 10:57:07 PM

actually the exchange project is really good because we need exchangers but if that is too much in my opinion it will really be troublesome because there will be lots of coins that are registered in various exchangers so we have to register in almost all exchangers in anticipation of new coins listed only on small exchangers whose actual security is still not guaranteed, there are many like that because they want to fulfill the guideline that their coins must be immediately registered with the exchangers therefore there are many who arbitrarily register their coins in small exchangers
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 10:59:12 PM

Honestly, many crypto enthusiasts just want to hear that an IEO will take place on a renowned exchange like Binance, Huobi, Okex etc and boom they struggle to buy in without looking at the project itself. For instance, I asked a friend who wanted me to aid in buying an IEO on Binance launchpad because his account is not verified, why he wants to buy in, what interests him in the project? He said I should forget the long talks, that it's because it will sell out fast and give huge gains to those who bought in. Let's always do due diligence notwithstanding. IEOs ain't bad generally.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 11:50:04 PM

Though IEO is not that bad rather it becomes better than ICO. But I can't disagree with you that people are not aware of the project because of the IEO, they only look at the IEO hosting exchange! This is not the crypto's nature btw!

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
pinoy.bolanon

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

"In CryptoEnergy we trust"

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 01:04:04 AM

I think IEO is very good for short-term investments because every IEO is held, many IEOs are successful in a short time even before 1 month they are able to sell all coins. but, of course there are also some IEOs that I think are pretty bad.

For me, an IEO is an ad factor to the project, since it will be hosted by the exchange partner with a lots of community support. but the bad thing is that, people may tend to buy without understanding what the project could do in the long run.

Im gonna try buying tokens during IEO too.

┈┈┈┈┈ VECTORIUM ┈┈┈┈┈
In CryptoEnergy we trust
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1294

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 02:22:49 AM

Though IEO is not that bad rather it becomes better than ICO.
Definitely, IEO saves the crowdsale funding method and it's an improvement from ICO to IEO.

But I can't disagree with you that people are not aware of the project because of the IEO, they only look at the IEO hosting exchange! This is not the crypto's nature btw!
Everything changes, the only nature I believe that has not change is the price volatility, everything changes like the way the marketing goes and the way people search information about the crowdsale.

We have to accept the changes and adopt on it as it's for the good of all, IEO reduce scams, thus it minimizes the risk of investing.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
novaprime

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

UniDApp - it's DeFi time!

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 02:30:12 AM

Most people are only in it to make a buck and do not care less about the project. This is just giving investors exactly what they want and encourages more people to risk their coins knowing that it will be listed straight away
When there is a new IEO project in the top 3 exchanges, investors often don't care what the project brings and focus only on the profit in that project. I think this makes the IEO a new trend this year and only lucky people have a chance to make a profit of 100% -200%. Anyway, don't worry too much because if you have a ticket to participate in Binance, Okex, Huobi, you will earn high profits.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
agusiska

Activity: 630
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 02:45:50 AM

maybe yes and maybe no, depend on which exchanger whos held it, im suggest to only participated on IEO held by famous exchanger, its more safe than ICO.

[IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
| ❱  ANN  ◽  WHITEPAPER  ❰ |    ❪  JOIN OUR PRE-ICO  ❫
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ TWITTER
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 03:24:31 AM

maybe yes and maybe no, depend on which exchanger whos held it, im suggest to only participated on IEO held by famous exchanger, its more safe than ICO.
Yeah, IEOs that hosted by big exchange always sold out easily but if the IEOs hosted by small exchange it will hardly sell. In my opinion IEO is not bad, it's also depends on the project too. A good project combined with hosted by a big exchange will give a big result. So IEO is not bad for me.
mcnocon2

Activity: 616
Merit: 18

📱CARTESI 📱INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 03:45:51 AM

My understanding for IEOs is basically instead of project handling raising funds etc. It will be for an exchange to do so.

An IEO hosted by Yobit or Binance can clearly not be compared. In other words, the exchange gives more credibility to the project regardless of whether it's worth it or not.

Am I the only one who thinks this is actually a bad thing and make people focus on the exchange hosting rather than the actual project and what the team is offering etc.?

Yes you have a point and that's what happening right now, investors invest in a project into exchanges with more credibility and hype rather than the technology of a project behind it. But the good thing about Binance example is they launch Top quality projects in their exchange. No shitcoins will be held in Binance launchpad for sure to maintain their credibility.

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
sh4dtechnr
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 04:05:59 AM

IEO is much better compared to ICO, since the coin is already guaranteed to be listed onto the exchange. And the better the exchange, the more successful will be an IEO.
Distinctin

Activity: 2842
Merit: 650

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 04:48:41 AM

IEO is much better compared to ICO, since the coin is already guaranteed to be listed onto the exchange. And the better the exchange, the more successful will be an IEO.
The struggle is not only in the listing of exchange, but on how to maintain the volume and the price.
Some projects under ICO would prefer not to list their coin at the present situation as they are afraid it will only dump and will not recover anymore.

IEO is good but there's an exemption, it's only good if the site that is catering the ICO is known for building a good trading volume, otherwise, price will not grow with buyers, so in short here, make sure to participate on good trading sites only.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 04:52:21 AM

I don't think the success of an IEOs project is related to the exchange site list its. Because after listing on exchange site, if dev team does not act or working hard to publish their product, introduce their partner, the [price of their token will be fallen quickly.
IEO is only to make sure their token would be listed on the exchange site.
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 05:00:22 AM

In any case, IEO projects still provide investors with better security than ICO projects. We see that fraud in IEO projects is significantly diminished, because the exchanges themselves check the viability of such projects. Also, investors are comfortable in the sense that with IEO projects, the stock exchange that will trade in new tokens is already known in advance. These innovations do not deprive investors of the opportunity to conduct their own assessment of such projects and form their own opinion about such projects. However, it seems to me that government regulation of ICO activities will still be the best tool in combating fraud in ICO projects. However, at this stage, IEO projects are more positive for investors in terms of fraud protection.
Jpt

Activity: 374
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 05:04:50 AM

I think it works both the ways. If your project and team is strong and good enough, and then you hold IEO on big and reputed exchanges. Your project will get a wide range of attentions of potential investors and bounty hunters and crypto enthusiasts. But I am not saying that holding IEO on good and reputed exchanges like binance will not alone approve worth of a project. What I am saying is that it will add colour to your project. So I think advertisement will play a major role.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 05:07:50 AM

In any case, IEO projects still provide investors with better security than ICO projects. We see that fraud in IEO projects is significantly diminished, because the exchanges themselves check the viability of such projects. Also, investors are comfortable in the sense that with IEO projects, the stock exchange that will trade in new tokens is already known in advance. These innovations do not deprive investors of the opportunity to conduct their own assessment of such projects and form their own opinion about such projects. However, it seems to me that government regulation of ICO activities will still be the best tool in combating fraud in ICO projects. However, at this stage, IEO projects are more positive for investors in terms of fraud protection.

IEOs definitely raise the bar of security as compared to faceless ICOs. And like what the OP said, IEO under Yobit vs. Binance, which one would you trust? For me, under BNB launchpad but I still need the overall picture of the project. The feasibility of their platform, the development stage of their app or product and the credibility of the team behind it.
Little_king
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 05:16:19 AM

I never see any thing bad in IEO conducting which is even the best style I have seen in crypto world , by eradicating the level of scam ICO in town now .

It has help put the confidence back in to fund raising system in cryptocurrency will also give assurance of getting listed soon as possible on same exchange and the funds raised will be secure as the exchange manage the system.

[ IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
http://ixinium.io/
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 06:13:18 AM

My understanding for IEOs is basically instead of project handling raising funds etc. It will be for an exchange to do so.

An IEO hosted by Yobit or Binance can clearly not be compared. In other words, the exchange gives more credibility to the project regardless of whether it's worth it or not.

Am I the only one who thinks this is actually a bad thing and make people focus on the exchange hosting rather than the actual project and what the team is offering etc.?

Agree, that all IEO become just a flip story and no matter what project is collecting funds and what idea they want to bring to the world. In ICO was more risks, so investors research projects more carefully.
Ekyfitri

Activity: 664
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 06:17:05 AM

Agree, that all IEO become just a flip story and no matter what project is collecting funds and what idea they want to bring to the world. In ICO was more risks, so investors research projects more carefully.
the risk is the same as there really is. Before investing in all projects I think we need to be careful. as well as the IEO or ICO, both are at risk. but maybe now the IEO in large exchanges gives less risk than ICO projects that may not get much investor trust now.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██