Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:32:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't follow the hype  (Read 14510 times)
ninja811

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 07:34:08 PM

Before I start participating in a project, I try to understand its future prospects very well.
If it makes sense to participate in it and I can make a profit, I become participants.
Definitely with the experience gained, choosing the right project will be all the easier.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 07:46:31 PM

Very true its always better to do research always before investing in any projects back in 2017 there was huge ICO hype was going on & investors were investing money blindly in hope of 10X, 20X returns. A lot of fake & scammy projects created hype with strong promotion with so called experts & influencers from YouTube but where are this experts now? They did not cared their followers & deceived followers, this so called experts used to get their share in the form of ETH or BTC to create hypes. Now the trends have be changed in 2019 which looks more investor friendly i.e IEO on platforms like Binance Launchpad, Okex, Gate, Huobi Prime, Bitrex etc, in which exchange have to cross check projects credibility before launching on their platforms else community members, followers or investors will make questions on credibility of the exchange.

enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 07:55:35 PM

Greedy will make it irresistible. When a project does an ICO and offers huge discount for early investors, it will always look like there are more users investing on it because they collect a lot of BTC the first day of Pre-ICO. For someone who wants to profit like a pro, their eyes will open widely with the dollar sign on it. Electroneum I think is doing good tough as far as I know its price is more than its ICO price.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 08:28:13 PM

It is unfortunate we cant do without hype in the world of crypto. I believe people or investors usually  follow whatever is trending. I always advise my people in my local  crypto community to research carefully before investing their hard earned money in it.
Landak

Activity: 1386
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 08:37:33 PM

Sometimes the hype can make you give many benefits and vice versa. Well, actually it all depends on your luck "maybe", some of us get profit from a hype.
But I am the one who doesn't like the hype situation lol , so I really agree with your post. and McAfee is just bullshit, this person just wants to get public attention.
Research cannot be a determination of success, like research information from icobench, ico trust, icorates, or any kind.

HILIH                                                                                                                                                                 KINTIL
Xclusive5

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 08:39:47 PM

My take on the above topic is that most of the investors in crypto world invest solely because of hype of a project. Therefore some people prefer to invest for quick profit rather than long term profit.

lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 08:41:03 PM

I feel otherwise; it is good to follow the hype but in a very positive manner

You can buy the the rumour; then patiently sell the hypes but only if you can dyor and get strategic decisions right
Ben Shedly

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 10:42:47 PM

I've been here for years and I can say that following the hype never works for investors, this is simply an advise.

Few examples: Synereo, Savedroid, Electroneum.

Even though these projects managed to get the money they needed and much more, they still didn't manage to deliver what they promised. Or in some cases, not even get listed in decent exchanges or give ROI back.

Cryptocurrencies are not going anywhere and there will be more and more ICOs until these things get regulated (maybe years from now). So If you're an investor and you don't want to stupidly lose your money in the process, I highly suggest everyone to start researching about the projects he's interested in instead of taking his decisions based on Tweets from McAfee, press releases, scores in Icobench, etc.

The hype is created on purpose. It is thanks to the excitement in the projects attract a large number of investors who may later regret it.
I already participated so recently in Gate.io succumbed to the hype and bought their tokens. Now about this very much regret.

Corer

Activity: 210

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 10:45:39 PM

Follow the hype and see yourself stuck at a crossroads where you will regret it but hee not all hype are that bad but any project with that much hype I stay very clear off

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[    IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━[/center
yogeko

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 10:51:16 PM

One of the guidelines I suggest is, if a project is in seed stage, they should not be asking for too much money. Anything more than 10 million is alarming. Check the founders, if they are real, you can find their previous history on Google, not just some link they provided. Check their credibility of building businesses. Some common sense things that we miss out.
b3llsf1l3s

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 10:54:09 PM

What else we can do ? almost all of the hype also brings more profit. it's just that we have to begin to realize "when we join in the hype" is it still early or it's too late. if it's too late it's better to skip it.

Nivia1st

Activity: 821

Volare.network

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 10:59:01 PM

following the hype is important, without the hype there is no speculation, without speculation there will be no dump or pump. but don't be a fool, always verify before making a choice. those who fail because they follow the hype just because they believe the words of others are very stupid people.

cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 11:01:52 PM

savedroid and electroneum truly went awol after their hypes
Electroneum is now able to load up mobile airtime’s in South Africa

The best solution; is to cash out before the hypes reach its peak
To find out when the hypes get high or low; dyor
Cuk0ng_bitc0in

Activity: 188
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 11:06:03 PM

i don't believe the hype. it's very risky. even more risky than an investment with an indication of a scam. the hype always gives us attractive offers at first. but finally the hype hurt everyone. if crypto is protected by regulation, I think, the Hype never make a victim.
johanesrobin

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 11:15:45 PM

i don't believe the hype. it's very risky. even more risky than an investment with an indication of a scam. the hype always gives us attractive offers at first. but finally the hype hurt everyone. if crypto is protected by regulation, I think, the Hype never make a victim.
I agree with you, the hype is only used for those who want instant benefits. many people are trapped in the hype and they lose a lot of their money.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 11:19:10 PM

Before I start participating in a project, I try to understand its future prospects very well.
If it makes sense to participate in it and I can make a profit, I become participants.
Definitely with the experience gained, choosing the right project will be all the easier.
Good projects are limited now so its hard to look for it. If the hype is new on a listed coin then its ok to follow it but if its already dying then better to leave that market as much as possible, FOMO when its pumping is risky, try not to get involved into this one, and don’t let your emotion make a decision for you.
deadmousehat

Activity: 1974
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 11:20:06 PM

The problem isn't from following the hype or not but the thing that makes you sure to invest in a project and do it at the right time.
Following the hype doesn't guarantee getting a lot of profit or even losing your money
edmundo
Copper Member

Activity: 518
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 11:22:30 PM

In this industry, one has to make informed decisions by following and keeping tabs on projects as well as happenings in the industry. Sometimes, it pays to follow the hype but most times, it doesn't. People may hype a project simply because of promises made by developers other times, they could be misled by hypes of those who claim to know the workings underneath a project. My advice is to always look at a project for what it can offer and the solutions it presents. If solid, then most likely, such projects should do well in the long run. Always do your own research about every project you intend to join and only risk an amount you can afford to lose.
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 11:23:00 PM

Hypes are just marketing strategies developed by project managers just to get the attention of the general public into investing into their project. People who follow hypes and invest without researching and finding enough information about the project run at their own risk of losing their investment capital.  Sometimes I get surprised when people just jump into investing in projects due to hypes made by people who have already made their profits out of the project.
salad daging

Activity: 1666
Merit: 798

Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 11:29:14 PM

Then what about projects or coins that have always shown good progress and made it hype? they succeeded until now so isn't it following the hype also sometimes good and profitable?
although it's not 100% good but you can't say that following the hype is bad and wrong.
we have to judge as a whole not only give a bad example but also have to consider other projects

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███