Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:03:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Full list of truly decentralized altcoins.  (Read 1711 times)
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 09:05:15 PM

You said Dogecoin?  Cheesy I would not say about dogecoin that it is decentralized. It is centralized enough, its CEO is Elon Musk  Cheesy.
Look at his twitter if you do not believe me.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
helpix.world (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 09:29:13 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2019, 09:40:45 PM by helpix.world

You said Dogecoin?  Cheesy I would not say about dogecoin that it is decentralized. It is centralized enough, its CEO is Elon Musk  Cheesy.
Thank you very much for your contribution. I was not aware of the fact.
So I tried to understand things more into depth.
From here: https://bitcoinist.com/elon-musk-resigns-as-dogecoin-ceo-after-price-soars-30/ it seems like the CEO position was a kind of joke and that Elon Musk has already "resigned".

My main concern about Dogecoin is whether any of the exchanges its being traded are to be considered true DEXs.
Brainnin

Activity: 170
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2019, 10:40:21 PM

The list is good but there are also other good coin that will fits that list!! Many project are doing well without passing through ICO process. Projects like Serve

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[  IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 10:49:16 PM

I'd like to create a list of truly decentralized currencies for myself and for any one who'd be interested in.

My criteria are:
- open source code
- no ICO
- no premine
- not a token
- decentralized development structure
- no "owner" or individual/group/company holding the majority of the stock
- traded at least on one true DEX (with some volume there)

Please mention a currency that in your opinion fits into the above criteria.
The criteria can be discussed here, so your opinion is welcome.

I myself did my homework so I have a list of the currencies that may fit into this criteria but I'd like the list to be created from scratch by the forum members.

Since you are the one that want to create a decentralized platform list, I don't see any reason why you will begin to ask us to tell you name of coins we think it's decentralized, how will you know when a coin is fully decentralized when you haven't studied it's code on github to see how it was developed, you can only create a list of truly decentralized blockchain only if you can be able to read the github code of all the blockchain project we have in existence.

That truly right mate I think op promoting the coins giving list to decentralized plan of their dreams lol😀😀😀 good luck for him hope they got to success for their plan project.
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 07:50:23 AM

The list is good but there are also other good coin that will fits that list!! Many project are doing well without passing through ICO process. Projects like Serve
How ICO project fits that list? Don't ICO always have a premine to sell token to the investors? I think you have misunderstood the thread. Please check again.
helpix.world (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 02:32:45 PM

I'd like to create a list of truly decentralized currencies for myself and for any one who'd be interested in.

My criteria are:
- open source code
- no ICO
- no premine
- not a token
- decentralized development structure
- no "owner" or individual/group/company holding the majority of the stock
- traded at least on one true DEX (with some volume there)

Please mention a currency that in your opinion fits into the above criteria.
The criteria can be discussed here, so your opinion is welcome.

I myself did my homework so I have a list of the currencies that may fit into this criteria but I'd like the list to be created from scratch by the forum members.

Since you are the one that want to create a decentralized platform list, I don't see any reason why you will begin to ask us to tell you name of coins we think it's decentralized, how will you know when a coin is fully decentralized when you haven't studied it's code on github to see how it was developed, you can only create a list of truly decentralized blockchain only if you can be able to read the github code of all the blockchain project we have in existence.

That truly right mate I think op promoting the coins giving list to decentralized plan of their dreams lol😀😀😀 good luck for him hope they got to success for their plan project.
That's true! I'm looking for the coin of my dreams :-)

Seems like Serve is a token, so it doesn't fit this thread criteria.
helpix.world (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 08:42:54 PM

I've added some new criteria to this research.
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 09:34:47 PM

You said Dogecoin?  Cheesy I would not say about dogecoin that it is decentralized. It is centralized enough, its CEO is Elon Musk  Cheesy.
This coin was created just for fun. How it can be called decentralized? Despite the fact that the coin has a large capitalization - it is still a joke

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
helpix.world (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 07:13:55 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2019, 09:52:24 AM by helpix.world

You said Dogecoin?  Cheesy I would not say about dogecoin that it is decentralized. It is centralized enough, its CEO is Elon Musk  Cheesy.
This coin was created just for fun. How it can be called decentralized? Despite the fact that the coin has a large capitalization - it is still a joke
If it fits into my criteria I have to put it into my list. If my criteria are wrong let's discuss what is wrong.
helpix.world (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 07:17:38 AM

I think Monero fits in our criteria.
helpix.world (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 09:51:04 AM

I think I need to exclude Grin. I like the coin very much, but there are basically no orders on Bisq, so I can't say this coin is traded on any true DEX, unfortunately.
helpix.world (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 09:36:26 AM

DOGE is out, according to this its not actively traded on any DEX.

Menawi12

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 09:45:48 AM

In my list, i have RavenCoin. As far i know, this coin is decentralized and there is no CEO or pre-mined. There is no ICO on this coin and traded in big exchangers like binance. Have good potential in the future and i think worth to hold for long term

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
helpix.world (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 09:48:53 AM

In my list, i have RavenCoin. As far i know, this coin is decentralized and there is no CEO or pre-mined. There is no ICO on this coin and traded in big exchangers like binance. Have good potential in the future and i think worth to hold for long term

Agreed, the only thing is that they are not traded on any true DEX
sh4dtechnr
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:17:29 AM

VEIL. The best coin 2019. There was no premine, no ico, the community around the coin is growing every day. As for privacy, veil wins over all its predecessors: the zerocoin and ringct protocols are implemented - the coin has absolute privacy.
IMO it has amazing potential, given its youthfulness and little, so far, capitalization.
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2019, 10:54:22 AM

Only Bitcoin is truly decentralized in my opinion. Every other coin created after Bitcoin has known the owner and holds a majority percent of coins. Even if some of those coins hadn't any ICO, they started mining early, so they must have more than any other people.
helpix.world (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 03:26:06 PM

VEIL. The best coin 2019. There was no premine, no ico, the community around the coin is growing every day. As for privacy, veil wins over all its predecessors: the zerocoin and ringct protocols are implemented - the coin has absolute privacy.
IMO it has amazing potential, given its youthfulness and little, so far, capitalization.
From here it seems like Veil has semi-decentralized org. structure, it isn't also traded on any true Dex.
helpix.world (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 03:32:36 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2019, 07:58:58 PM by helpix.world

Only Bitcoin is truly decentralized in my opinion. Every other coin created after Bitcoin has known the owner and holds a majority percent of coins. Even if some of those coins hadn't any ICO, they started mining early, so they must have more than any other people.

From here it seems like Monero was even more fairly distributed than BTC in a way. However this is a list of altcoins that's why I'm not mentioning BTC at all.
Andretti83

Activity: 297
Merit: 112

PRIVATE AND NOT PREMINED: MONERO, AEON, KARBO

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 05:03:07 PM

From here it seems like Monero was even more fairly distributed than BTC in a way.
I would agree that Monero is great, and probably best example.

And it is 5 year coin. So it's not like it has clean history just because it was launched couple of months ago.

Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 05:32:25 PM

I don't think having the coin distributed unevenly wouldn't be called decentralized, the only way for a coin to be called decentralized is no one controls it, even if the coin distributed is top heavily.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: