Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:49:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you still bother to engage non Bitcoiners?  (Read 13260 times)
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 11:41:55 AM

I was perusing another forum today with a long running cryptcurrency thread. To my non amazement they're still debating the nature of the whole thing in the exact same way they were 2-3-4-5 years ago. The same people are waiting to be convinced. The same people are trying to convince them.

This strikes me as a complete and utter waste of calories. I'd rather let people believe what they want. Me convincing them won't help anyone. They're not going to convince me of anything. My attitude is - crypto is here. You may as well sit back and see what happens as nothing I do, say or listen to will change it.

Are you still embroiled in debates with friends and internet creeps or have you let it slide?

Most of the Internet are lurkers, so while it's generally very rare to see someone changing their opinion as the result of a debate, many other people, especially those who haven't formed a strong opinion yet, will get influenced by that debate without even participating in it.

Imagine if all pro-Bitcoin people just went silent - then nocoiner narrative would dominate the space, and all undecided people will take it as a universal truth and think that Bitcoiners are just nutjobs.
Now, I myself am a lurker most of the time, but I'm very grateful to people who are passionate enough to debate Bitcoin with strangers on the Internet, even if it seems like it's pointless.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 01:27:16 PM

I have tried my best to popularize Bitcoins among my friends and members of the family. But a lot of them are concerned about the legality of Bitcoin. To be clear, Bitcoins are not illegal here in Indonesia. But due to a lack of clear regulations, most of the people are afraid to deal with cryptocurrency. And to make matters worse, there is a lot of negative propaganda going on in the media, labeling it as a ponzi.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 06:08:44 PM

Are you still embroiled in debates with friends and internet creeps or have you let it slide?
My friends are still arguing with me about the legality of bitcoin, but they cannot change my mind because I understand cryptocurrency and I know bitcoin is really here for us which they can't accept since they are bankers and working in financial institution. We can't please them, let that debates continues until they become a hodler because they will see the potential if big companies started to create their own cryptocoins.

p.s - I'm not a member of those "internet creeps", please don't judge me.  Grin

Some of my friends never asked me the question about crypto legality. They simply call Bitcoin a pyramid and a bubble and recommend me to quit dealing with BTC and altcoins. Actually, I try not to argue with these people.
Crypto5060

Activity: 441
Merit: 2

Theagriverse.io

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 04:05:47 PM

After seeing this thread i wanted to say . I am also doing the same stuff i was doing initial days telling about bitcoin and price growth 2X or 3X  
Even i introduced many people and they all invested in bitcoin when they saw that the price was on a very sharp increase in 2017 and i was telling them about bitcoin for the past five years and they never listened nor bothered to invest during that time, but they saw the price rallying they invested without informing me and they started bothering me that they lost money when the crash started, i just had to blast them for their actions without my direction and how they can raise their voice on their stupid decision, i really stopped advising anyone when it comes to investment after that incident.
While investing, people should be aware of the risks they're taking as well. One shouldn't invest blindly for the past years you've been telling them they never invested all for them to buy the top.

───────     AgriVerse     ► ► ►     Plant to Earn
█ █ █ █ █            WELCOME TO AGRIVERSE            █ █ █ █ █
●  TELEGRAM  ●  YOUTUBE  ●  TWITTER
Kaneki11

Activity: 209
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 06:04:12 PM

I was perusing another forum today with a long running cryptcurrency thread. To my non amazement they're still debating the nature of the whole thing in the exact same way they were 2-3-4-5 years ago. The same people are waiting to be convinced. The same people are trying to convince them.

This strikes me as a complete and utter waste of calories. I'd rather let people believe what they want. Me convincing them won't help anyone. They're not going to convince me of anything. My attitude is - crypto is here. You may as well sit back and see what happens as nothing I do, say or listen to will change it.

Lol.. that's just a total waste of time and energy.. infact I don't encourage people to invest in bitcoin.. cause of unforeseen circumstances ..  a friend was told me bitcoin is scam and those who invested in bitcoin would loose their hard earned cash.. well this was almost 5 years ago..  :Dnow I wonder what hes opinion is about btc
Crypto5060

Activity: 441

Theagriverse.io

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 01:07:23 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2019, 09:43:04 PM by Crypto5060

Something popped into my mind I decided to ask questions. Now if we stop engaging non-bitcoiners, how will mass adoption take effect?

───────     AgriVerse     ► ► ►     Plant to Earn
█ █ █ █ █            WELCOME TO AGRIVERSE            █ █ █ █ █
●  TELEGRAM  ●  YOUTUBE  ●  TWITTER
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 04:07:16 AM

Lol.. that's just a total waste of time and energy.. infact I don't encourage people to invest in bitcoin.. cause of unforeseen circumstances ..  a friend was told me bitcoin is scam and those who invested in bitcoin would loose their hard earned cash.. well this was almost 5 years ago..  :Dnow I wonder what hes opinion is about btc
People who are not interested on bitcoin must not be entertained, they just make a fud about bitcoin even they don't know what are the advantages on penetrating it. Yet, nothings wrong on engaging with non bitcoiners, because the communication will still affect the incouragement to study the used of bitcoin appropriably and may lead to earn accumulate profits when people accept its consequences. And I don't bother on engaging them to penetrate bitcoin, but rather than expositing how its occurence resemble by many.
ttcsalam
Copper Member

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 04:33:14 AM

If they want to know about it, then they have to study. Their knowledge needs to be increased. Their whole issues need to know well. Then they will not have any new Question.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ KeyFund ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  AUTONOMOUS YIELD TOKEN - DEFLATIONARY MECHANISM  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 09:26:42 PM

I just do my thing and I don't care what they doing. If they want to slave away earning fiat and not listen to reason then so be it. I cannot change them.

If they want to know about it, then they have to study. Their knowledge needs to be increased. Their whole issues need to know well. Then they will not have any new Question.

Exactly, knowledge is free and everyone has google. There is really no excuse not to be educated in your field of interest.

Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 09:42:59 PM

I just do my thing and I don't care what they doing. If they want to slave away earning fiat and not listen to reason then so be it. I cannot change them.

Exactly, knowledge is free and everyone has google. There is really no excuse not to be educated in your field of interest.
Yes. Everyone has all the resources to learn if they really want to increase their knowledge in crypto and not just being negative when it comes to crypto. But i believe people have their own choices to stand where they want too. So if they chose not stand with bitcoin, then let them be. Anyways they are the ones who will regret later once bitcoin price will soar to the moon again.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 10:10:55 PM

I have tried my best to popularize Bitcoins among my friends and members of the family. But a lot of them are concerned about the legality of Bitcoin. To be clear, Bitcoins are not illegal here in Indonesia. But due to a lack of clear regulations, most of the people are afraid to deal with cryptocurrency. And to make matters worse, there is a lot of negative propaganda going on in the media, labeling it as a ponzi.
Seeing that the government has a large influence on society, we do not deny that legality is very important for the process of adoption and dissemination. You will find difficulties when involving outsiders to join Crypto, because of course they will ask about the regulation and validity of this business.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 10:19:39 PM

Yes, I still do but for chosen people but I'm no longer convincing anyone to invest and let them decide on what they think which is good for them. I don't care to those that are ignoring my talks and I'm done exerting effort with those kind of people that doesn't really show interest. Just like when you talk about money, everyone will run after you and is willing to listen. But after all the talks, they will show nothing even won't give back to say thanks for your time.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 10:27:34 PM

But we should learn how to activate their interest first. I know that we should not force it if they want it but even though, I think it is better if they will learn what it is by themselves and discover by themselves too how great bitcoin is. I don't really like to force anything from someone but I think it is awesome for them to know that they are wrong themselves.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
FIFA worldcup

Activity: 1134
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 10:34:08 PM

Its a complete waste of time to try to change people's mind that crypto has better future ahead ,I will let bitcoin do the talking I remember the same thing happened last bullrun ,many newbies are running into crypto space

The same thing will happen in next bull run. When Bitcoin bull rally will start, then all of sudden we will see many new people entering in bitcoin at high prices. Bitcoin will be all over the social and news media and people will fomo.
Little_king
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 04:24:26 AM

I dont see any reason to be so worried about people adopting bitcoin or cryptocurrency , the time will definitely tell as every thing is moving fast .

I joined crypto early 2017 and by now I know what it looks like compare to fiat that is centralized and has a pure inflation to get ride of values why crypto deflate the value as what you have today will be much worth in near future to acquire more than what it could now , so if people are so adamant about this , then we should not boarder about it.

[ IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
http://ixinium.io/
zee11225

Activity: 314
Merit: 10

“A nexgen decentralized ride hailing ”

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 02:55:47 AM

Yes, i still bother until now, especially to those who are not interested because i want to let them know or share some important and uses of bitcoin. So i would not stop bothering other people until they did not realize about btc. Its not a waste of time if you want introduce to others, explain more to people those lack of knowledge so that one day they can understand.
I received many questions about bitcoin, because for them bitcoin is something that doesn't make sense, some people even think it's impossible to provide benefits to its users. Even though the evidence I show is clear, but they think it is fraud.
Finally I don't want to bother, and give internet links  about bitcoin, how it works, bitcoin trading, even people who have made millions of dollars in bitcoin. Let them think, this is a business opportunity whether to accept it or not, I have no right to impose.

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     IEO-Live: April 2019
██ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 03:47:32 AM

I don't normally worry about non bitcoiners because with or without their support, Bitcoin always survives and rise in price. This is to tell the world that the technology behind Bitcoin is a revolutionary one which cannot be killed by any centralized body. Bitcoin is here to live and will reach mass adoption some years to come. The earlier one joins, the better.
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 09:30:22 AM

I decided to not waste time evangelizing crypto. I'll let them find it on their own and they can ask me anytime if want to learn something.
I already did that when I was in my first year in crypto, some bought, some didn't. Those who were quick and risked a lot became lot richer than me which is really good.  Grin
Those skeptics are still the same and hasn't gone anywhere.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 09:42:36 AM

Some of my friends never asked me the question about crypto legality. They simply call Bitcoin a pyramid and a bubble and recommend me to quit dealing with BTC and altcoins. Actually, I try not to argue with these people.

SO true, I feel you bro.

My friends introduced me to Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general but my parents and some of my aunts and uncles don't like the idea of it and when they heard someone getting scammed because of Bitcoin, they think it is one of those projects but no. Instead of arguing with them, I just tried to understand them and let them say what they want, I am getting profits out of my investment and that is fine with me.
BitcoinBoomer

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 11:28:23 AM

BTC I let them ask me questions. No one likes a preacher. Always happy to help  new people understand.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: