Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:11:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you still bother to engage non Bitcoiners?  (Read 13260 times)
Nanagyasi

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 09:17:33 PM

I'm yet to meet anyone who will argue btc is or will die or whatsoever they may think of btc. I mostly see some of such issues brought up on this forum. Actually all my friends are into btc and maybe that is why I haven't met anyone yet but should I,I don't think I will bother to do any explanation because the fact is their mind is already made up and there is nothing anyone can say to convince them.

Payme21

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2019, 10:04:52 PM

I really do not think one should convince the non believers. If the news doesn't then maybe your  wallet worth might on the long run

▀▀▀▀▀█████████   CRYPTON          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬                    
▬▬          Revolutionary Cryptocurrency Exchange
pant-79

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 08:56:42 PM

I was perusing another forum today with a long running cryptcurrency thread. To my non amazement they're still debating the nature of the whole thing in the exact same way they were 2-3-4-5 years ago. The same people are waiting to be convinced. The same people are trying to convince them.

This strikes me as a complete and utter waste of calories. I'd rather let people believe what they want. Me convincing them won't help anyone. They're not going to convince me of anything. My attitude is - crypto is here. You may as well sit back and see what happens as nothing I do, say or listen to will change it.

Are you still embroiled in debates with friends and internet creeps or have you let it slide?
Specifically, I don't prove anything to anyone about cryptocurrencies. I think it is stupid to convince a person that 200 tons of iron can move perfectly on the surface of the water if this person doesn't believe in the possibility of the existence of ships. But if someone really wants to know about crypto currencies, then I’ll be happy to tell him about them.
We are not the Jehovah's Witnesses and it is no need to behave as they are.
Initscri

Activity: 1554
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2019, 01:25:28 AM

I think the clout of Bitcoin is large enough to where most people know, or at-least aware of it. I really don't go out of my way unless someone asks.

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
----------------------------------
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 02:43:57 AM

I think it's depends of their trust on you or to bitcoin mostly of my friend thinks bitcoin is a scam and not very informative to bitcoin because in my country there so many networking investing just have bitcoin involvement to use as a scam but in the end they will realize that they all wrong bitcoin is cryptocurrency that would changes the world in the future.
It's really hard to explain what Crypto Currency is like Bitcoin especially to those people with a closed mind and never accepts any explanation and depends on their own negative point of view on what Bitcoin is, some of my friends think Bitcoin is networking that scam people and they don't even listen to explanations on what Bitcoin is. Sometimes it is better not to waste time for people who do not listen and now I'm tired of explaining to them what are the benefits of using Bitcoin and what this technology can do.

Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 02:55:11 AM

I really do not think one should convince the non believers. If the news doesn't then maybe your  wallet worth might on the long run

I think we need to.

I mean there are a lot of these "non-believers" that is not really non-believers but actually do not know anything about it. We should share our knowledge about something with other people especially if you know that they might be interested in it. If they know about it, then tell them what they think about it and if they got the wrong idea, then you should explain to them.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 03:08:33 AM

I think we need to.

I mean there are a lot of these "non-believers" that is not really non-believers but actually do not know anything about it. We should share our knowledge about something with other people especially if you know that they might be interested in it. If they know about it, then tell them what they think about it and if they got the wrong idea, then you should explain to them.
To that extent, maybe for your friends and love ones who you really care it's possible and it's worth doing that, but with people who are not believing at all
there's no need to deal with them since internet is catering this industry, news are spreading  around non bitcoiners have its chance to learn more about
this industry it's up to them to accept and understand or to continue not being interested to this industry.
Prospector_John
Copper Member

Activity: 45
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 03:22:52 AM

I think for "the majority" to be convinced a talking head needs to tell them it's okay.

There are no guys with guns to man-handle you if you don't support the system.

People hear a blockchain is a database and they are underwhelmed.
They don't realize how many BILLIONS are spent on the infrastructure alone.
Powerful groups are involved, there is strong ideological drive in many customers.
It doesn't matter what a specific gov policy change is, there will be demand and supply maintained elsewhere.
If it was TOTALLY banned by all the govs ever, the tech would adapt, become harder to track, and there would still be people using it.

There's only millions of people using this product. They see the money tree, but not the roots. Looks fake.

That's fine. HODL
barlo357

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 04:56:03 AM

I still bother to invite them get involve in cryptocurrencies but I don't try to impose my beliefs in them "too much". It's always up to them whether they believe or not. I have some friends get into this forum but they didn't try to even get money from bounties because they said it is taking too much of their time.

stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1294

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 08:17:17 AM

I still bother to invite them get involve in cryptocurrencies but I don't try to impose my beliefs in them "too much". It's always up to them whether they believe or not. I have some friends get into this forum but they didn't try to even get money from bounties because they said it is taking too much of their time.

That's good, in me it's different, I don't invite or engage them about bitcoin, unless they are the one who will approach first.
I am always showy to people about my involvement in crypto, and if they see I'm getting some progress financially because of crypto, they'll surely approach me asking them to teach me, but I always make sure I teach them what's necessary, it's better to be practical and realistic all the time, they should know the risk first than the reward.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 08:38:23 AM

As soon as I understand that most people around me will not be able to accept the risks that may occur during our journey in crypto currencies, I do not actively persuade them to get involved. I only give suggestion if someone comes to me and asks about the stuffs and things as long as I can.

BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 12:16:43 PM

Nah, it's over for them and the last laugh are on us. If the world is trying to get in quickly then it's obvious that the individual will have no choice but to adapt to the new world. Banks are now recognizing it as a currency and can be use for payment and it seems like their war on us is over. We should thank Mark for his move even though most of us don't like him but we can't deny the fact that he helped to change the views of many insitutions about the blockchain tech and cryptocurrency.
Marcus yoyo

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 12:34:54 PM

I was perusing another forum today with a long running cryptcurrency thread. To my non amazement they're still debating the nature of the whole thing in the exact same way they were 2-3-4-5 years ago. The same people are waiting to be convinced. The same people are trying to convince them.

This strikes me as a complete and utter waste of calories. I'd rather let people believe what they want. Me convincing them won't help anyone. They're not going to convince me of anything. My attitude is - crypto is here. You may as well sit back and see what happens as nothing I do, say or listen to will change it.

Are you still embroiled in debates with friends and internet creeps or have you let it slide?

I agree with your opinion. We are better to let someone trust what they want. We don't need to make someone believe in accordance with our beliefs. Someone has different decisions and beliefs based on the analysis they are doing. We must respect one's decisions, especially different decisions in the business and game of crypto currencies. Everyone has a different way of playing crypto currencies so we don't need to involve non-bitcoiners. Later each person will develop themselves according to their knowledge and experience.
dat.ho12492

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2019, 02:53:03 PM

I think we need to.

To that extent, maybe for your friends and love ones who you really care it's possible and it's worth doing that, but with people who are not believing at all
there's no need to deal with them since internet is catering this industry, news are spreading  around non bitcoiners have its chance to learn more about
this industry it's up to them to accept and understand or to continue not being interested to this industry.
I think we need to explain or persuade anyone even if they want to know or they don't believe in bitcoin, especially our friends or family members because the risks and consequences in this story are not small, it involves a lot of money, even if they understand and accept, we should not explain to them. Human psychology is often to blame, promises can always be changed, we should not become targets for them to blame, it is very troublesome and hinders us in many other relationships in life

▀▀▀▀▀█████████   CRYPTON          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬                    
▬▬          Revolutionary Cryptocurrency Exchange
Dannaey

Activity: 468

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 04:15:06 PM

Before I was making an argument about how will Bitcoin change our future money, but now, I will no longer care much because I know one day they will come to me and ask me how will they buy their Bitcoin.

Stop forcing them; they will never believe. Just let them missed the opportunities. After all, it's not us who lose.

Eildosa

Activity: 572
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 07:17:18 PM

You're right. Everyone believes in what he wants. From the fact that you will convince the person of something nothing will happen. So do not waste your time and effort on it.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 08:16:20 PM

You're right. Everyone believes in what he wants. From the fact that you will convince the person of something nothing will happen. So do not waste your time and effort on it.

The catch is it is kinda hard. I've been telling friends and relatives about BTC and Crypto since Oct 18th, 2013.

So they have gone thru the following cycles:

The day I turned on my KNC Jupiter BTC Miner as a Newbie!

Oct 18th 2013 BTC   $150.00
Oct 18th 2014 BTC   $381.09
Oct 18th 2015 BTC   $265.33
Oct 18th 2016 BTC   $638.15
Oct 18th 2017 BTC $5,605.89
Oct 18th 2018 BTC $6,538.90
Oct 19th 2019 BTC $?

Current Price: June 21st, 2019 $10,728.37 10:20 pm CDT USA.

As you can see from the above as a date, it has been interesting what people NOT in crypto have behaved like

from 2013 till today 6/22/19

From 2013 to 2014: I was a genius!

From 2014 to 2015: I was an idiot!

From 2015 to 2017: I was a genius!

From 2017 to 2018: I was an idiot!

From 2018 to 2019: I was a genius!

From the trend above it is easy to see when BTC and crypto is dumping, regular folk will do everything in their

power (if they like you) not to bring up it is dumping. Most folk though like to show how wrong you are, because

they have no skin in the game. Then, of course, everyone, talks to you about BTC and Crypto when pumping!

Like NOW. All I get is texts of WHY I did not twist their arm and get them into BTC or Crypto (

pick your own date and year and rinse/wash/repeat with the same relatives and or other folks)

It is 'completely' unwinnable. Somehow I'm the bad guy because the assumption is 'back in the day' I had 'bad

communication skills on getting into crypto and Bitcoin, etc.

When you should buy Bitcoin, a person is 'too scared' of looking foolish. (I resemble that remark) and don't buy.

When it is pumping, you buy on the FOMO and hype, when the price is too high. Then many folks after this buying too

high dump too soon. Thus it is rinse/wash/repeat for that as well.

IF an ETF ever came to pass from SEC in the USA, perhaps something stable would come from this all. But as of

right now...no one listens when I tell them to buy (2 months ago) and no one listens when the price pumps to

HODL (present time)

it is human nature and likely an 'unwinnable' situation for anyone hodl'ing crypto in the manner above.

So hell, I just kinda 'nod' now on the above and if they 'really' want to jump in the Bitcoin and Crypto pool

they have to work for the advice now. It is too much to deal with on 'every frigging pump and then dump'

year by year. So mostly, I don't say crap about BTC and crypto anymore, other folks now do the work or are

ignored and/or unanswered. After the last 6 years, I just kinda 'tune it out' unless you really push me on stuff

like this and actually, act (even modestly) on my advice. That is just the way it is gonna be in crypto from now

on I think.

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Turk Ace

Activity: 360
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2019, 03:12:38 PM

Before I was making an argument about how will Bitcoin change our future money, but now, I will no longer care much because I know one day they will come to me and ask me how will they buy their Bitcoin.

Stop forcing them; they will never believe. Just let them missed the opportunities. After all, it's not us who lose.

They are foolish and deserve nothing. They pass up opportunities repeatedly then cry they have no money... Boo hoo... I just laugh. They have been told what to do but they won't so that's their own problem.
I am glad they not with us, I want to collect as many bitcoins as I can before mainstream jumps on board the bitcoin vessel.
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2019, 03:14:43 PM

I still do on a high level though. Back in the old days, it was cool to convert people on a personal level. Now there are so many people in crypto that individuals don't really make a huge difference. It is better to try and engage a large group of people.

Positivebetting
vladimirhf

Activity: 590
Merit: 39

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 05:46:16 AM

I tried before, but now I don't care. Just wait and soon they will come asking about it, they will have a lot to learn  Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: