Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:30:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mistakes hodlers make  (Read 1492 times)
Bitmagister

Activity: 94
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:55:53 PM

In a market as unpredictable as this, it will always be a prudent decision to sell something of our holdings as soon as the opportunity arises after a significant increase in the price. It is true that the potential for growth that bitcoin still has is very important, however we have all learned through the painful recent experience that the market does not move in a straight line upwards, but that pumps and bumps are a constant of the market.
endogan

Activity: 415
Merit: 10

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 11:05:30 PM

I don't think it's just a claim that predictions and good predictions also imply that people are optimists about the future of bitcoin and I think that's good, they don't try to trap people but they encourage many people to be more optimistic and willing to invest in bitcoin so prices bitcoin can really increase
I think it's not a problem if the prediction is not right as long as the prediction is really based on aspects that can indeed be a reference
indeed, every prediction is not correct so with predictions we can have dreams in the future by looking at Crypto's current growth.
if predictions about positive things are certainly good so we have high enthusiasm, but don't expect too much about predictions because that is not always true and if you exaggerate you will later be disappointed if the results are incorrect.

and it can be misused if someone predicts every coin, he said is good but the reality is not, and we have bought so we lose. we also have to examine ourselves so that we can be more confident with our own choices.

aizen10

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 11:12:10 PM

btc has mooned a little bit, and suddenly we have self claimed analyzers almost everywhere claiming bitcoin is going to 10,000$ in May itself , small time now and a little bearish they will moan again,

the time they suppose make small profit from the greens; they are busy forecasting

Note: Taking your profit does not mean selling your entire portfolio; it means taking profit; retaining your capital
You can always buy back the low

Well some of them is a long holder of bitcoin they hold their coin until we get profit we have different strategy on how we are going to make a profit, agree with you taking profit is not bad to return your capital, it was all about on buying in the lowest and sell when the price goes up and some of the people are afraid to sell their coin because they didn't know if the price will goes down or continue to climb upward.
Maamejane

Activity: 378

Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 11:13:07 PM

For sure but u will definitely get people who will keep on holding to claim millions of dollars out of it forgetting nature does not work that way. just take your profit and enjoy it till you start complaining about market price again.

powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 11:16:04 PM

Taking the profit means to take the part you earned by trading or price increase etc. It is very important to take the profit as you do not gain until you do not take what you have earned.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2019, 01:20:11 AM

Selling for some profit yet maintaing a good portion makes you spend a lil more, money is not yours until you spend it. Sadly there's too many baggers that already lossing too much from the previous high, it's not about hodling is about recovering quickly

beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1160

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 07:53:46 AM

I agree with your point and i think taking profit is a good thing but the problem is that most hodlers are long term investors and they do not mind dips they are ready to wait for 3 to 5 years and even more to take life changing profit so i think they do have a valid point as well.
Why would they rely on one source of income when they can still continue to multiply their income, I have a certain amount of money I have invested in bitcoin for long term, and I can assure you that what I am using to do this extra task over the period of time bitcoin has fluctuated has made me see the total capital I am tying down in my other portfolio for long term.

This trading habit has made it become very easy for me to be patient with my long-term investments, because while waiting for the future investment to yield profit, I am still making money that will make me not to be pressured into tampering with my long term portfolio.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 07:56:16 AM

btc has mooned a little bit, and suddenly we have self claimed analyzers almost everywhere claiming bitcoin is going to 10,000$ in May itself , small time now and a little bearish they will moan again,

the time they suppose make small profit from the greens; they are busy forecasting

Note: Taking your profit does not mean selling your entire portfolio; it means taking profit; retaining your capital

I always take my profit from the market and wait for another opportunity to do so again. And I’m not the type of person that has time for what people has to say in the forum, all they do is look for who to deceive and nothing else. If you keep on looking at what people are saying here you will just fail. I have seen a lot of them stupidly predict prices that are in no way possible at this time. They come out and predict high prices for the market but when it starts to fall they will all disappear and be no where to be seen. It’s best for anyone who wants to invest to take out their time and do research on their own.
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 08:08:07 AM

You only lose when you sale you assets so hodlers don't lose just by holding and if the market go bearish all you need is to hodle a little longer for the market to recover again, its only traders that cash out little profits but hodler have a time stamp to the assets once that time is not reached they may never see any reason to sell no matter the profits at the moment.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 08:18:07 AM

It is certainly true that good trading is more profitable than holding, but equally holding is more profitable than bad trading.
It is easy to buy in at a high point, and then find the market falling away to leave you at a loss. For those that are good at trading, then trading is the best strategy, for those who aren't good at it or don't want to risk it, then holding is viable - you accept lower profit along with lower risk.

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 08:29:44 AM

Hodlers without any form of observation about the market just keeps holding of the altcoins, tokens and bitcoins into the wallet. Other than this most of the hodlers have did in the past is holding even when they have reached the peak values. During the previous ath of the market my portfolio grew much big and by that time I was not aware about the growth, but expected big growth to happen further. This lead to a big loss and now what I have in my portfolio is not even one percent of the peak value of my portfolio.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2019, 08:36:36 AM

Like seriously, all the analysts have suddenly woken up from their slumber to start predicting. I will advise people to do their own research and not let the advise of fraud analysts misguide them. Let everyone be responsible for their crypto decisions

sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 08:45:36 AM

I have seen many similar discussions, but I want to share my point of view. Studies have shown that during the existence of the crypto market, as we know, there were many UPS and downs of Bitcoin, but the maximum profit was always received by investors who adhered to the HODL strategy. So do not give in to other people's opinion, be patient and just wait for the bullrun.
Everyone has their own strategy, Strategy A might not work for B, we should do the one that will not tense us about our investment, I understand the OP’s point and at the same time, your own is very key too, because what OP advised still requires thorough analysis on the time to exit and time to enter, but for HODL, they don’t need to bother about time of exit as they have only one direction, which their goal is to wait till BTC hit the ATH again,

For people like me who has too much responsibility to just tie fund down for a very long period of time without multiplying, I use my strategy to make profit every time bitcoin goes up and down.

ahmed04

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 09:18:46 AM

It is very important to constantly monitor your cryptocurrency portfolio and gradually spend the budget. But if you are confident in your action, take a risk!
Peruvyn

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2019, 09:54:41 AM

When I think average human being is greedy and always want more. As a trader the right thing to do is to take profits even if you are not selling off but many do feel reluctant to do unless one is discipline enough to know when to call it another day.

BLOCKMASON LINK
Create Web APIs From Any Smart Contract
sukoyomi

Activity: 948
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 10:13:46 AM

Hodlers must set their target price because they can’t just hold forever as if they loved too much the coin. Taking profit will depend on your goal, because i personally hold coins and not taking any profit for now because i’m still waiting for my target price.
I'll aggre, everyone must have a target price. Some of the people who suffered losses because they did not have this in their heads, they only focused high prices, no matter what. In fact, sometimes we have succumb to our target rather than experience a worse loss, for example to get return on capital.

Freescan

Activity: 397

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 10:26:42 AM

Taking the profit means to take the part you earned by trading or price increase etc. It is very important to take the profit as you do not gain until you do not take what you have earned.

yes the point is most people take advantage of what we consider money or the opportunity to take advantage of trade or investment. But like an unsupportive market compilation, they prefer to stay afloat waiting for the market to improve and not dare to take advantage of it.

[                   Ethernity.Cloud                   ]
PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021   |   REGISTER HERE
▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄

Activity: 350

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 10:44:06 AM

The mistake holders make is that they don't have a target or fixed price of their tokens when selling. This brings about losses at the end. Aside that, some take advantage of the market condition for the sake of money.

Iykecollinz
Copper Member

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 11:21:15 AM

Quite hilarious, it is glaring we see all those crypto analysts and forecasters come out when the market situation is in a boom season but as soon as the bear returns, they all go in hiding. Everyone is an expert in a bull season but the reverse is the same during the bear. Personally as soon as I notice or suspect a reverse trend in the market, I sell or buy dependening on the direction

Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 11:26:33 AM

Getting a small profit is highly recommended not only about profit but how you manage that profit and become more profitable not just hold, big profits are hard to find when waiting for a bullish.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: