Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:29:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone who use mobile wallets?  (Read 11379 times)
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 07:23:46 PM

Anyone who use mobile wallets?
I think it is very dangerous.

What's the difference between desktop wallets and mobile wallets? The real difference come when we talk about the type of wallets. Just similar to Desktop wallets, all type of wallets are present for mobile too.
If you want to use web wallets on mobile: FreeWallet and Coinbase App are best.
If you want to import private key or use vanity address: Electrum mobile app is best.
If you want to create new seed and run HD wallet: Mycelium comes handy.

I don't think platform matters, type of wallet is more important while judging the risk factor.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 07:51:22 PM

It's never safe to use these wallets. Even if you want to use this wallet, don't be storing huge amount of coins in those wallets. There are high risks of losing your wallet and all your coins. As far as I know, most wallets are made by third party company. Such wallets are always vulnerable. Just use the wallets made by the developers for that specific coin.
So far I haven't used any kind of mobile wallets and I don't even plan to.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 07:58:26 PM

The only reason i use mobile wallets is it is much easier to set up and use quickly, unlike hardware wallets which require a lot of work, for someone who has a small amount of crypto, like less than 10k i really don't see a reason to not use them, but if you have more than you should defiantly invest in a hardware offline wallet in order to keep your funds safe, and to be honest i didn't hear or have had any issue with mobile wallets  like getting hacked or funds stolen,e and to the people who had probably it was their fault for like clicking a phishing link or having longing virus on it.
Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 11:02:19 PM

It might appear to be dangerous, depending on the type of mobile wallet you are using.
Therefore, you should confirm the authenticity of it first if you cannot afford to buy a hardware wallet, because of it's cost.
misterjo

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 11:25:41 PM

I use mobile wallets, but I use small balances to move my bitcoins or cryptocurrencies for online payments or send them to an exchange .... and to save them in the long term I use a ledger or trezor

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
CryptoGosu

Activity: 686
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 11:51:38 PM

I use mobile wallets to store a small amount of cryptocurrency. It seems to me that mobile wallets are not very secure. Therefore, I do not use mobile wallets to store a large amount of cryptocurrency.
qcoindev

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 04:12:25 AM

I agree - with the amount of malware currently out there for android, you'd be better off only using very trusted wallets or wallets on the computer.
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 06:11:42 AM

the only thing that make it dangerous because when you install thats app need requirement such as gps , phone call , phone storage and many important things about your phone
There should be no doubt about the security of mobile wallets because the wallet is super protected as well as if your smart is also protected and pass coded then there is no need to worry about. You are super protected from harmful threats as long as you are using it for a specific purpose only. Mobile wallets use encrypted payment codes and not your actual account number when you are making payments.
asbak66
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2019, 07:29:53 AM

I use mobile wallet and for me it's always same have risk if you use pc wallet.
It always depends to us how to protecting our wallet from hacking, make sure we're already save our private key or Json file safely and use third party app for pc wallet just like MetaMask etc.

sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 09:39:30 AM

Well, that's what you think. I have used a lot of mobile wallets, tested them and I still make use of mobile wallets till today (mind you, I also have other wallets like Trezor and a desktop wallet, so don't think I'm only making use of mobile wallets. I have used a lot of mobile wallets and that includes Bitcoin.com wallet, Xapo wallet, Coinbase wallet, Coinomi wallet, Block chain wallet, Jaxx Liberty wallet and the list goes on.

When I started making use of bitcoin for the first time I started with a mobile wallet and that Coinbase and Bitcoin.com wallet, the both of them. As of recent I have been using Luno Wallet, it is popular in my area… I Use it alongside Block chain wallet and Coinbase. There are some mobile wallets that are safe, and these three I'm using now are safe and they have two factor authentication. Coinbase seems a lot more secured from what I have seen.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 09:41:56 AM

If you are using it as a cold storage then there wont be a problem.

Androids are not prone to viruses. It is your memory card that is getting all those viruses from different download sites. If you can prevent that then you wont have any problem.
Besides, you could just uninstall the application if you already have the seed, private key and your wallet address. That is all you need.
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 09:49:18 AM

I don't use mobile crypto wallet because as you say, it's very dangerous. Mobile phone is less secure than PC or laptop, many fishing apps on mobile can fake a screen of crypto wallet on mobile to steal your wallet information when you type in. Also, mobile apps require too much rights of our phone, why a game or something else need right to access message, phone list, etc.
bobsav2121

Activity: 317
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 09:50:53 AM

New mobile wallets are not dangerous at all.

Try BlocPal, I love it.

https://www.blocpal.com
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 10:13:01 AM

i use atomic wallet and fii wallet these two are really good and safe.but remeber dont visit any phishing website from your mobile it will harm your asset or can be hacked too.

ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 10:18:46 AM

I use mobile wallets to store a small amount of cryptocurrency. It seems to me that mobile wallets are not very secure. Therefore, I do not use mobile wallets to store a large amount of cryptocurrency.
Yes, don't store large amount of crypto assets on mobile wallets, it's really not safe at all, not because of wallet issue, I think main reason is mobile phone security issue, not too much people will installed antivirus software on mobile phone, it's too easy to infected virus.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 10:21:10 AM

It depends on the mobile wallet you are actually making use of, some mobile wallet are very much decentralized and that way it would be very difficult for hackers to gain access to your wallet to steal coins, one of the mobile wallet I make use of I am keeping large amount of coins and never regretted doing so is coinomi, coinomi is a decentralized wallet that gives you access to your private key and store all the datas directly on the blockchain with a cache in your mobile phone making it difficult for any hacker to penetrate into the wallet.
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 10:55:03 AM

I think all kinds of mobile wallet can become unsafe but the user should take measure to protect it from possible hackers. Some newly created mobile wallet contains better features to secure its coins or tokens from hackers. Hackers usually use phising sites and other malicious links to enter your wallet so its betterto be aware or wary of any links that provided to you by your friends in any online media.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 12:14:02 PM

the positive and negative all possible anything so using the mobile wallets will not only that dangerous thing for our investment if hackers uses their knowledge then anything is calling possible.
zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 12:21:28 PM

Yes i'm using mobile wallet that is ENJIN, this is best wallet for ERC20 tokens so risk is very where if you have pc wallet than also not secure but mobile i think is more secure than pc.

Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 12:27:03 PM

There will no safe in online , Im using mobile wallets almost few years and Im still lucky because my wallet not hack even before and until now and I don't that happen to my wallet. Mobile wallet is more prone to hacker if we are comparing the other kinds of wallet maybe it is easy to get information compared to others who really needed more ways to hack.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: