Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:53:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone who use mobile wallets?  (Read 11379 times)
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 12:49:28 PM

U would wait for hardware wallet integrated into mobile phones. It is more safe and couldn't be affected by software vulnerabilities.

That's right, security is very necessary for what you have right now because it is possible for all of you to work through your smartphone in the future.
I think security on mobile wallet is safe *for the recommended mobile wallet obviously, but we also need to see the external factor like what if someday you lost your phone and you broke your phone and you forgot to back up and remember the private key. You can lost the balance forever.
I think there is nothing wrong about mobile wallet and could be used easily but you need to have good antivirus software on your mobile which will protect your mobile from potential threat and maybe hack. Do you know about Abra? It is a mobile Bitcoin wallet that allows you to store and trade different coin. The user’s reviews are great about it.
CAPT.DEADPOOL

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

PHORE

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 01:15:22 PM

I think it's especially dangerous for the spread of scammers here in forums as well as social media and telegram groups so other bounty hunters warn them about it because they can hack and access your wallet and steal your funds and altcoins for newbies be careful with the use of browsers or apps on your cellphone because they can be accessed and opened by other people or hackers using cookie settings in one apps or websites so be careful these.

Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 11:19:46 AM

How dangerous it is? I don't know much about using a wallet in mobile but I know that there are some wallets in mobile where you keep your own private key or seeds with you so I think it's safe,
I think it Is not dangerous if you are careful about your 2FA and secret keys. SO many people use mobile wallets for trading and daily things. There are couple of great mobile wallets over the internet and you could use them. They offer options/services to deal in any coin like ETH or Bitcoin etc. The problem with using mobile wallet is that you can easily get your mobile phone exposed to virus or maybe hack which is not good.
sadmaster

Activity: 392
Merit: 15

Bitwings !

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 12:57:53 PM

You are right there is too much potential threats when using mobile wallets. Though ironically speaking I also use one but the point is about 30% of the wallets seen in the app store are fake wallets. I also encountered one that says myetherwallet and when I searched in the MEW website for links to download the said app there was none (note this was about 2 years ago).

Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 06:47:43 AM

On a mobile phone, it is better to have exactly as many cryptocurrency as you need for daily use. If you have any capital in the form of digital assets, then it is reasonable and expedient to keep it in a hardware wallet for cold storage of cryptocurrency.
Exactly, the cold storage is super safe for keeping your crypto coins protected from hackers or any other harm. These wallets are not connected with the internet so hackers cannot reach out to your wallet and they have no influence. We should really focus on keeping out assets on exchanges and other hot wallets because hackers can reach out that is why choose the most preferred exchanges and wallets.
WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 06:51:13 AM

it is really dangerous..specially when install some apps but you don't know they can hack your phone or some virus on that app to stole your details..just be careful when installing those apps
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 08:30:46 AM

Anyone who use mobile wallets?
I think it is very dangerous.

All platforms are vulnerable for hacking. Yes, mobile wallet is the most vulnerable platform but we have to consider that our wrong habits will endanger our precious crypto on our wallet. If we are so careless on our private keys and passwords then that will be the time that hackers can easily go with our wallets. So we better keep it safe. If we have to use offline wallet then we use it for accounts that have large amounts.
Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 08:54:58 AM

Mobile wallets are useful generally but the mobile system itself cab easily infected by malware viruses and apps used by the cybercriminal to steal your data. There is also a possibility to lose all your assets if your phone damaged or stolen.

efxtrader

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 09:23:40 AM

Anyone who use mobile wallets?
I think it is very dangerous.

I dont think using mobile wallet is dangerous. Mobile wallet like trust wallet or imtoken have good reputation. Its depend on user if its about security, as long user can handle their seeds, i think mobile wallet still secure and can use to store our coin and token

trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 10:06:31 AM

I was using some mobile wallets before, but now I don’t do it anymore because it’s very inconvenient for me and there were always a lot of different problems, so I decided at the moment to completely give up mobile wallets.
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 10:24:28 AM

Mobile wallets were designed so that crypto enthusiasts can have access to their cryptocurrency portfolio wherever they are and yes some wallets are not trustworthy. Only use trusted mobile wallets such as Electroneum, Metamask or Blockchain app. These applications i can endorse to keep your funds safe from any form of hacking but remember the most important thing is to keep your passphrase to these wallets very safe. Because anybody who gets access to this passphrase can steal your funds.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 10:32:08 AM

Using trusted wallet apps will make your funds safer even if you are using your phone to store your bitcoins.Plus you must know how to avoid sites or apps that can hijack infos from your mobile.Knowing what to surf or not on the web is one factor to consider to be safe on mobile.Many hackers on the internet uses caches to hack into your device

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 10:46:05 AM

A mobile wallet is designed for convenience and the ability to receive and send transactions when you are not in your office or home. So, it is assumed that you would just be carrying crypto for spending and not your whole portfolio!

ZEIIMAN

Activity: 924
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 10:49:33 AM

For me, mobile cryptocurrency wallets are very unreliable. The phone is vulnerable to attacks and other force majeure events (theft, loss.) Therefore, I highly recommend that you do not install them.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2856
Merit: 605

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 11:00:20 AM

it depends largely on the use you make with the mobile phone, if there are on it viruses then it becomes risky, if the phone is used only for wallets then i think we can be fairly quiet, my favorite wallet is coinomi...
funcryptoco

Activity: 107
Merit: 26

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 11:25:42 AM

I think mobile wallet is safer than pc wallet, you should not allow anyone touch your phone.
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 09:54:32 AM

For me, mobile cryptocurrency wallets are very unreliable. The phone is vulnerable to attacks and other force majeure events (theft, loss.) Therefore, I highly recommend that you do not install them.
Mobile wallets make it easy for you to make transactions when you are not if your home or office in places where you have your smart phone only. It is a kind of convenience and furthermore are also secure wallets because the app store and self-security of the application as well as your smart phone if secure from theft will not let the hackers to do something with your assets but they will only in contrast.
babicena14

Activity: 780

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 10:17:34 AM

I don't know why you thought it was dangerous, but mobile wallets are very convenient and secure. The main thing is to use only official applications and not allow other people to use your smartphone, as well as comply with the basic safety rules, do not connect to Wi-fi in public places.

xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 10:34:14 AM

I use mobile wallets only for small sums and when other forms of wallets are unavailable, so when there is really no other option, unless you want to risk keeping your funds on an exchange. But yes, I suppose they tend to be safer than your regular desktop wallets, especially if your PC security systems are sub-par.
BCTS

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 10:41:55 AM

I only use MyEtherWallet to store ETH on mobile. In other cases, I prefer to store the cryptocurrency in the wallet that is installed on the computer. I do not know how things are with the security of mobile wallets, but so far I have heard that they have not been hacked.

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: