Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:43:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Rising, Scams Rising  (Read 2593 times)
Lily_Olive

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 02:22:25 PM

Scams have existed since the birth of the internet, even before it. I don't really expect scams to go away regardless of the market situation, but yea, in bullish times, scams tend to be more numerous and spread out due to the number of inexperienced investors going into the cryptocurrency markets. Keep your eyes peeled at all times, regardless of the price of bitcoin.
Yeah right scams and hacking of data  are very common and it is strt when the  internet cane being.  So we should be aware from these scams

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2019, 02:38:59 PM

Expect the unexpected! Bitcoin is becoming popular all over the world. And because of that, many scammers are taking it advantage in order to fool people. I believe that if these scammers will be prevented to penetrate in this industry, scamming will be lessen. At the same, we will expect a large number of investors who are confident with their investment.

Scams are more successful when people are not knowledgeable about something. Right now, we are still going through the early adopter phase and ordinary people are mostly ignorant about the basics of Bitcoin (although many of them might have heard about it). So for the next few years we need to deal with these scams, but educating people against them can make a difference.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 02:52:54 PM

Scams have existed since the birth of the internet, even before it. I don't really expect scams to go away regardless of the market situation, but yea, in bullish times, scams tend to be more numerous and spread out due to the number of inexperienced investors going into the cryptocurrency markets. Keep your eyes peeled at all times, regardless of the price of bitcoin.
Yeah right scams and hacking of data  are very common and it is strt when the  internet cane being.  So we should be aware from these scams

Not just aware of this scams but we should know how it works so you will be able to know what you will be doing when you encounter this kind of people. We should be really careful on the links we click even if it is a link sent by our friends. It might be contaminated with virus that can make then access your PC and steal personal identities or accounts that is so important.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 03:02:13 PM

the article itself is pretty old as far as I know
and here we go again - the media hypes bitcoin and projects it as something that criminals use
if we look at the amount of bitcoin scams and money laundering vs fiat , it pales in comparison
but bitcoin is news so they continue to feed us this nonsense time after time
almost every more or less notable crime that involves cryptocurrencies , immediately is in the news
while the day after day banking schemes and fiat related crimes are too many and too often to cause any interest from the general public   

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 03:14:35 PM

It's the popularity of Bitcoin being a decentralized currency and anonymous that makes it a vehicle for people to scam guillible investors, and yes it's not the fault of Bitcoin but people with criminal minds who uses Bitcoin as a tool to scam people.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 03:22:09 PM

It's funny because a lot of us complains because we're not rich, right?. But turns out that making mistakes while not rich ends up a lot more cheap.

I bet that it was still a fraction of his total assets though, like how it is with most people. With the difference that someone with financial education won't sacrifice his house for an investment normally if they understood the thing good enough.

I personally don't understand the love of money much. So i end up commuting to donate a percentage of all my income no matter what to a charity of my choosing. It's a nice mental trick that could be useful for someone who reads.
clair508

Activity: 136
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2019, 03:33:19 PM

Yes.That true.When the bitcoin rising,scams rising.Its not only for bitcoin.its common for everything that has value.Man's nature we can't change that.Their never ending greedy seduce them to have more and more.Once you cross the line you never fear to do that again.Only care about himself only.To avoid scams you must carefully watch their every report,plans,who they are and everything.If not you will be a victim.

“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.” -Mahatma Gandhi

storichain.io ❂ Storichain Official Bounty Campaign
• ● START: 25 JUNE 2019 ● • (https://storichain.io)
lohladex
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 05:40:45 PM

The Bad actors in Crypto Space have tarnished the image of Bitcoin that was invented with good intention. Bitcoin was invented  to set the World free from Central government tyranny but the image of this currency has been corrupted .New people in the industry always fall victim in these class of scam tricks. I have also been a victim of Bitcoin fraud when i first got into the Space but i  got trained to be very smart and wise. Its a pity there is no how the activities of these bad scammers can be completely stopped and the newbies will be falling victim. I believe Cryptocurrency Media and News can be of great help by creating enlightenment program to educate the newbies and people in the system generally in other not to be falling victim of these bad actors.
Upgate

Activity: 560
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 02:09:24 AM

Scammers are in every angles to dupe people. Now it's really hard to differentiate them. If you notice what is happening now, investors are scared to invest until your project goes live. Nobody wants to loose or fall victim
PDAngel

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 07:35:13 AM

This is not new to me, we all know that bitcoin is very anonymous when it comes identity that is why many scammers are use it to cheat people for their own benefits. All we need to do is be careful and observant.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 09:09:10 AM

It's the popularity of Bitcoin being a decentralized currency and anonymous that makes it a vehicle for people to scam guillible investors, and yes it's not the fault of Bitcoin but people with criminal minds who uses Bitcoin as a tool to scam people.

And we can't control people like that.

What we can do is just be careful and be conscious of these people. If you know what you really are doing, you know how these scammers scam people, then you can prevent yourself from being scammed and you can also spread this prevention to other people maybe by writing an article or posting it here in the forum. We can't stop people but we can educate them about it.
Naginiya

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2019, 04:03:16 PM

I'm 100% agree with your saying.Its not fault of bitcoin.Like a knife you can use it different purposes and you can even kill from that.User decide how to use that.You can cut vegetables,fruits or man.In the court do we blame the knife if someone killed using knife? Killer is not the knife.Killer is who who use knife to kill.Do we suspend all knifes? Think again.It same comes to bitcoin.Same theory.I wonder why most people don't understand this and blame the bitcoin.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
Leh-Meh

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 07:22:07 PM

Expect the unexpected! Bitcoin is becoming popular all over the world. And because of that, many scammers are taking it advantage in order to fool people. I believe that if these scammers will be prevented to penetrate in this industry, scamming will be lessen. At the same, we will expect a large number of investors who are confident with their investment.

the owner of bitconnect.com got arrested in India for $14 billion ponzi scheme using Bitcoins.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 07:34:51 PM

And we can't control people like that.

What we can do is just be careful and be conscious of these people. If you know what you really are doing, you know how these scammers scam people, then you can prevent yourself from being scammed and you can also spread this prevention to other people maybe by writing an article or posting it here in the forum. We can't stop people but we can educate them about it.
We can help spreading awareness in regards to this matters, there's no particular assurance to completely avoiding this scammers but you can
lessen the chances being victimized and help also those who are not familiar yet when you have the chance to share your own experiences.
Kiefner

Activity: 921
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 08:36:51 PM

Fortunately, I didn't have to be a victim of scams. But I know that a lot of these cases. And unfortunately, with the growing popularity of bitcoin, the number of scams will also grow. Our task is to spread information about it as much as possible, so that beginners do not fall for scams.

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
akeegan

Activity: 236
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 06:13:33 PM

It makes more sense that if transactions increase so do the possibility of scams. However, as technology gets better overtime as does technology to catch these sorts of scams. Ciphertrace is a great example of a leading cyber security company who can trace wallet transactions on blockchains
kamudd

Activity: 466

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 06:28:10 PM

That is because when the price of bitcoin rises so many people are interested in owning it and it is also done for those who have the attitude like crazy who always steal the bitcoin owned by others

ridha inoue

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 07:39:03 PM

that is right, this is like automatic system concept.
when Bitcoin in top that mean so many people here interest again and new people will come with their money to invest in cryptocurrency.
that's is the point for scammers lauch their scam project to new and blind knowlage investor in here.
we must have to becareful because scame projects always out there.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 07:46:18 PM

It is a foolish comparison I believe. When op I want to invest on any altcoins, ICO or anything. He must be knowledgeable on those things then he can go towards it.
Scam was not only the crypto market first of all you need to understand that. If you make yourself secured, your funds will be secured. Nothing more than that you need to do.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 11:59:52 PM

I remember that scammers won't be in one place if there is no money, they are only after for the money.
In short, if bitcoin rising no wonder why scammers increasing, because is a huge amount of money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: