Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:12:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your definition of shitcoin?  (Read 1918 times)
sandgluenick

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 08:18:47 PM

A coin with real life working product will avoid its token from dumping massively by taking all measures. Otherwise there are some lies that have been told about the working product while team are busy dumping. A coin that the team doesn’t care about developing , about the price , about the community or  investors is a shit coin to me.
That's right, sometimes pesky coins fail because of the lack of support from the team or investors who are seriously developing the project and the concepts and prospects that are applied.
If we save the best way to eliminate it, there might be someone who believes or hopes that the coin can grow again. Whatever the reason, dirt coins cannot be expected and thrown away and buy better coins.
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 08:33:16 PM

What actually defines a shit coin?  The continuous price decrease after listing on an exchange with actual working products in real life or a stable price and a minimal increase in price but lacking real life working products?
the coin will not been successful is going to the sheet by so if we are doing something better it will definitely when is the previous thing that we are invested in not valuable investment.
Wale777

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 08:38:51 PM

Shitcoins are coins that do not have a real life usage and value, shitcoins are coins that increases or  decreases because of Fomo, they are coins that the developers didn't implement their roadmap hence investors lost of interest which translate to low or no volume at all thereby become valueless
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 08:43:50 PM

Of course shitcoins you can determine if it has no trading volumes in exchanges. This means that people are not interested in this project.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Inosend
Copper Member

Activity: 299
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2019, 08:44:38 PM

Well, to start with, I don't like using the word shitcoin. I find it unethical and very unprofessional to refer to projects or its assets with such rude word.

So people refer shitcoin to projects, Coin or token which have definitely nothing at all to offer.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
bitc0000

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 08:49:07 PM

As the name goes or rather what it is being called most times, it means something without value.
Most of these coins are product of pump and dump, or products of a team who are after their pockets and once listed in exchange, they abandon the project, thus the coin keeps dropping in value until no one buys it. So to me, this the definition of a shitcoin or worthless coin.

mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2019, 08:51:38 PM

Most of the coins that have been created recently are in the same situation. We may even think that the money raised is not true. Because, in most of the public groups I did not the investors asking anything, just hunters.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2019, 08:54:45 PM

What actually defines a shit coin?  The continuous price decrease after listing on an exchange with actual working products in real life or a stable price and a minimal increase in price but lacking real life working products?

-- if it's a copy paste clone
-- made with walletbuilders (or any wallet building service)
-- if its ANN is just full of buzzwords, and dosent actually bring anything innovative

if it has ANY of the above and/or has a tax or premine with atleast one of the above ^^^  then its a shitcoin Tongue

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
sri.bima

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 08:57:33 PM

For me shitcoin is the lowest price coin, because there are too many crypto that are included in the stock every month. But not all of them are, sometimes there are those who are successful and able to compete with the famous altcoin. It all depends on teamwork and strategy in the project. No problem.

‗▄▄▄‗
                  ▄███████▄
                ▄██████████▀
              ▄██████████▀     
            ▄██████████▀       ‗▄▄▄‗
          ▄██████████▀       ▄███████▄
        ▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀
      ▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀
    ▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀       ‗▄▄▄‗
  ▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀       ▄███████▄
▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀       ▄█████████
 ▀███████▀       ▄█████████
█▀       ▄████████████
   ▀███▀       ▄██████████▀
       ▄██████████████
             ▄██████████
██      ▄████████████████
           ▄██████████
████    ▄██████████▀███████
         ▄██████████
██████  ▄██████████▀  ██████▀
          ▀███████▀
██████▄██████████▀    █████▀
            ▀███▀
   ███████████████▀      ███▀
                    ▀████████████▀        ▀▀
                      ▀████████▀
                        ▀████▀
                          ▀▀
rETERBASE

rSIGN UP NOWr
dainoran

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 09:03:26 PM

in my opinion shitcoin is a coin from an ICO project that has bad management, and when coins enter the market there is no interest in buying and selling.
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2019, 09:18:09 PM

In my opinion, a shitcoin is a coin that depreciates in value after listing on an exchange and also it does not have any working product that can make the coin useful. Hence, the coin just lies in your wallet, just like that.

pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 09:19:36 PM

There are two names that use to describe a weak coin. One is a shitcoin which is a coin that has no real world use or is a clone of another coin without anything added to it. A shitcoin is something people will never use because there are already better projects doing the same thing. For that reason I believe BCH is a shitcoin and SV is an even bigger one.

A second term that use is a scamcoin which is a coin made by a fake team or with a big premine made to steal money from idiots.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 09:28:10 PM

What actually defines a shit coin?  The continuous price decrease after listing on an exchange with actual working products in real life or a stable price and a minimal increase in price but lacking real life working products?

Definition of shit it's means price low price value after listing into the exchange didn't up their value in the market low quality project not supproted by the devs or the people in the industry. That's is my opinion and definitions of shitcoins in my understanding.
Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 09:36:49 PM

Coin that is hyped only to realize it of no value and vision. You list it today and for like 3 years all you could see and imagine is depreciation. With such coins there is no hope so out frustration you tag it shit coin  Smiley
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 09:48:18 PM

Working product is not a problem for a start-up. My definition of shitcoin is simple a coin or token that have no actual development or doesn't have any progress. Because, with product development and marketing price can slightly increase no matter they are listed because news always bring demand (even a little)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2019, 09:54:37 PM

Coins that basically lose value and basically the owner are not ding anything to improve on it and no update nothing coming in at all At times even you can get some updates but they might not be that integral and devs just stick to small basic things Things that have no meaningful effect and at the end of the day the coin just dies

monineklutak

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252

The OGz Club

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 09:56:04 PM

I don't really understand what is really bad but I like real projects so even though the price continues to fall but at least the coins still have high hopes of recovering, although it may take a long time but when they go up, the price increase will be very significant and even reach 1000% of ICO, that is very possible, so for anyone who has a coin like that it is better to keep holding it because a good project will have a good impact on the coin

The OGz Club▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
superscommessebitcoin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 10:18:58 PM

I think that the definition of shit coins has the value of the price decline after the listing on exchange. Because many people can create a product and the appearance of some work, but only those developers who are interested in developing their product and maintaining the reputation of their project can provide support for their coin on the exchange.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2744
Merit: 588

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 10:33:19 PM

I don't really understand what is really bad but I like real projects so even though the price continues to fall but at least the coins still have high hopes of recovering, although it may take a long time but when they go up, the price increase will be very significant and even reach 1000% of ICO, that is very possible, so for anyone who has a coin like that it is better to keep holding it because a good project will have a good impact on the coin

You will know if the dev's team is dumping by the amount of coins in the sell order.
If it is almost even half of their premine or total available supply, the chance of pumpndump is very high.
Even if they have working app or product, they might be using it as a front to gain supporters.
The development is stagnant, the support is slow to nonexistent, these are some of the indicators that they are about to abandon a shitcoin project.
TKarollah

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

“A nexgen decentralized ride hailing ”

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 10:47:32 PM

I think that the definition of shit coins has the value of the price decline after the listing on exchange. Because many people can create a product and the appearance of some work, but only those developers who are interested in developing their product and maintaining the reputation of their project can provide support for their coin on the exchange.
refused and was difficult to improve so they were not interested in coins.
if only there was a lot of support for coins and had a high appeal so that it still had a chance to rise.
but not all new coins are bad and cannot develop, so we check the details.

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     IEO-Live: April 2019
██ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: