Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:51:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your definition of shitcoin?  (Read 1918 times)
odranoel

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 03:21:20 PM

For me, i am always read and see this shitcoin, but actually i do not know what it is all about. I must thank this thread or forum because now i know what is the definition of shitcoin. Shitcoin is the most reason of panic selling. Shitcoin is dumping.

YouSeeMe  ♦   Bartcoin  ♦  Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 03:43:22 PM

It is a coin that has a really bad product and you're supposed to them right after when it comes out. You wouldn't want to hold this type of coins because it becomes less profitable as time goes by and your efforts on investing are just going to waste.

Chuky92
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 06:36:15 PM

Shitcoin is a coin with no value. This lack of value comes in as a result of the team abandoning the project, and as such if listed keeps going down till exchanges delist it. While if not listed, remains in the wallet with no hope of going to exchange, thus still no value.

Icologies

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 06:40:28 PM

What actually defines a shit coin?  The continuous price decrease after listing on an exchange with actual working products in real life or a stable price and a minimal increase in price but lacking real life working products?
the truth is that makes the price of shitcoin continue to fall and just disappear because devloper always disappoints investors, the roadmap doesn't work perfectly and always makes false promises

neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 08:16:23 AM

What actually defines a shit coin?  The continuous price decrease after listing on an exchange with actual working products in real life or a stable price and a minimal increase in price but lacking real life working products?
the truth is that makes the price of shitcoin continue to fall and just disappear because devloper always disappoints investors, the roadmap doesn't work perfectly and always makes false promises
I think every coin out there except Bitcoin is a shit coin. In logical terms, altcoin are called shit coins but among these shit coins, we have great coins backed by great projects. Not all the shit coins have low prices. Many of them have great prices and have been profitable ETH being the second in the list of best coins and BNB now on its way to gain fame in time to come.
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 08:23:43 AM

People are getting confused when thinking about a shitcoin.

Shitcoin doesn't mean to necessarily have any value. In 2017 we saw lots of shitcoin worth a great amount of Money and there is still some tokens has great value but basically a shitcoin..

So in my terms what is shitcoin:

* Projects has no logic behind it. Like Netflix for bankless people. Do they really need that?

* Project Tokens has no real usage. I remember something called paragon, they had a cannabis project and their tokens have no use. I can say even ripple in this, a token has very limited use area and you can even go without using tokens.

* Very bad executed projects tokens. They are making something but it is really crappy and you know no-one would ever want to use that.

* Delayed forever Project tokens. I can say, Polybius. They are delaying for years and we all know they will always delay.

BitTraderCute

Activity: 899
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 08:24:01 AM

I think every coin out there except Bitcoin is a shit coin. In logical terms, altcoin are called shit coins but among these shit coins, we have great coins backed by great projects. Not all the shit coins have low prices. Many of them have great prices and have been profitable ETH being the second in the list of best coins and BNB now on its way to gain fame in time to come.
so ethereum, binance coin, ripple and other included shitcoin in your definition? maybe we have different definition about shitcoin.in my opinion this coins that has no important developtment from team , and they didn't serious to developt.it could represent on investors confidence on price.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 08:27:38 AM

A shitcoin, to me, is a coin that lacks a use case and is made to simply make the organizers of a project rich. A lot of the bitcoin forks, such as bitcoin cash SV, are shitcoins.
Free1bitco.in

Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 09:03:50 AM

A shitcoin, to me, is a coin that lacks a use case and is made to simply make the organizers of a project rich. A lot of the bitcoin forks, such as bitcoin cash SV, are shitcoins.
I think it's still worth it, and a lot of shitcoin really have low prices. no progress has occurred on the coin, and the price has dropped dramatically, and no one wants to buy it. I think, there are several types of shitcoin in my wallet.
carriagehoodlum

Activity: 312
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 09:09:12 AM

I think it's still worth it, and a lot of shitcoin really have low prices. no progress has occurred on the coin, and the price has dropped dramatically, and no one wants to buy it. I think, there are several types of shitcoin in my wallet.
I'm sure you get the shitcoin from the bounty campaign you are following. I also get some shitcoin that have no trade in exchange, and I get it mostly from bounty and airdrop campaigns.
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 12:20:33 PM

Shitcoin is a coin with no value. This lack of value comes in as a result of the team abandoning the project, and as such if listed keeps going down till exchanges delist it. While if not listed, remains in the wallet with no hope of going to exchange, thus still no value.
Altcoins are the shit coins. This is just a term to distinguish them from Bitcoin and this does not mean that altcoins are useless. Majority of them have been gaining pretty good rise in the market value and this is the reason of high demand. ETH and BNB have been highly demanded and this will wake up the market forces to push these coins up. There will be price hike in days to come.
naruto7676

Activity: 318
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 12:52:32 PM

My own definition in shitcoins is they are not profitable they are created to make investments losse so why you choose to go in the projects that offers shitcoins.So go only in the good projects that offers potential coins like Dencoin tokens that now runs a Ico thay you can buy potential coins.
Deallove9
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 12:55:52 PM

Many mix the meaning of shitcoin to other thing which I think is a baseless knowledge of the market or the crypto community .

They at time call a coin shit when it dump in price as if the uptrend is what market is all about but forget that in every thing , there is always a word and its opposite .

So I see a coin with no reason or actual thing as a shit coin and basically for pump and dump and profit taking and not a coin that has use case and real value just because it dump .
sadmaster

Activity: 392
Merit: 15

Bitwings !

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 12:59:24 PM

You’re already defining shitcoin. This is a coin where it’s price never increases but it only decreases. It will seem like it has a high value but it only drops everytime. The price never increases but only decreases. It’s like a coin that doesn’t have a product or I don’t even know if we should call it a coin. This is a coin which makes you just lose money and they are not profitable there are so many projects that offer real good profit so don’t be stuck with the investment that offers shitcoin it doesn’t give you money and you even lose one.

zachyboy090118
Copper Member

Activity: 141
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 01:52:41 PM

Lacking working product considered shitcoin, any people can determine this and shitcoin is always the key of scammed project. Sad to say that they make people work for them for almost 1to 2 month in there bounties but it end with a scammed and distributed shitcoins as well.
angel55

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 02:02:20 PM

-Coin with very low volume(volume numbers are usually fake)
-No development
-Listed on terrible exchanges
-Supply not distributed in a fair manner
-coins with a huge premine
-Anonymous team (not always but usually is a bad sign)
-terrible logo/branding
Mikell556

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 03:02:24 PM

A shitcoin is primarily determined by the change in its price. A good coin always grows in value and can only fall for a short time. At the shitty coins the price is constantly going down. You can buy it for a dollar, and in a few months it can already cost 1 cent. At the same time, coin developers do nothing to correct the situation.
airdagon

Activity: 546
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 03:22:26 PM

Shitcoin is a worthless coin, because it is caused by several things, one of which is because their project no longer runs according to the roadmap and causes them to be left behind by investors
cribusen
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 04:32:22 PM

I usually describe coin as a shitcoin for several reasons. First of all, any coin that drops by -x3 from the ICO price is obviously not the best altcoin. Secondly, if there are no updates from creators and devs for a long time.
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 04:48:13 PM

My own definition of shitcoin is pump and dump coins or coins that has no real products backing them ,they have no reason of there existence so it time they fade away bit by bit

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: