Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:21:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Death of Quark  (Read 3479 times)
mcphervi

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:05:01 AM

All I know is, if I had quark I'd be mining still. But, from my rather quick understanding, a 290 will get ~1.6MH/s mining quark. So, that's the equivalent of 500 r9 290's controlling the entire network. I'd bet there are farms out there with 250 or more r9 290's in one building!

But who pays ~$450 (500 r9290x250W/1K*.15/hr*24) to earn $112 bucks? How can you take a coin serious, if you can bring it to it's knees with $225,000 of hardware? (290@$450) Especially when that hardware is already out there at a much larger scale?

If anything, quark is highly overvalued considering the strength behind it. You say they support it, but I don't really see it.

Does anyone here mine quark? Mind showing off your equipment?

Quark's network is an issue - there is no denying it at this stage. However, this is in the process of being dealt with. The Quark Foundation has already completed a fundraiser to obtain money to start a Foundation mining pool (http://www.quarkfoundation.cc/projects/). This is planned to be coupled with an auto mining wallet tied to the Foundation Pool, which uses 5-10% of the cpu's processing power of the host computer to mine while the wallet is open. As Quark's adoption improves, there will be a higher average number of open wallets, leading to a higher hash rate. The Quark community is actively looking to remedy the issues - we are still only 7 months or so since it's inception.
Vic

Exactly, only 7 months... Was this not predicted?

I'm relatively new to the community - I can't speak to whether or not this was identified before a couple months ago. I do know that there are steps being taken now towards resolution. I also know that many newish coins seem to be having teething issues - doge (current mining issues, lack of cap), huntercoin (using old bitcoin version originally used for namecoin), darkcoin (darksend still not fully implemented, kimoto gravity well exploit, etc). Yes some of these coins are substantially younger, but the point is that the communities are all dealing with issues as they arise. Quark has its own issues but they are not a death sentence - they just require some ingenuity.
Vic
rockstar888 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:09:08 AM

requires a miracle, that's what it needs.
mcphervi

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:09:50 AM

All I know is, if I had quark I'd be mining still. But, from my rather quick understanding, a 290 will get ~1.6MH/s mining quark. So, that's the equivalent of 500 r9 290's controlling the entire network. I'd bet there are farms out there with 250 or more r9 290's in one building!

But who pays ~$450 (500 r9290x250W/1K*.15/hr*24) to earn $112 bucks? How can you take a coin serious, if you can bring it to it's knees with $225,000 of hardware? (290@$450) Especially when that hardware is already out there at a much larger scale?

If anything, quark is highly overvalued considering the strength behind it. You say they support it, but I don't really see it.

Does anyone here mine quark? Mind showing off your equipment?

Quark's network is an issue - there is no denying it at this stage. However, this is in the process of being dealt with. The Quark Foundation has already completed a fundraiser to obtain money to start a Foundation mining pool (http://www.quarkfoundation.cc/projects/). This is planned to be coupled with an auto mining wallet tied to the Foundation Pool, which uses 5-10% of the cpu's processing power of the host computer to mine while the wallet is open. As Quark's adoption improves, there will be a higher average number of open wallets, leading to a higher hash rate. The Quark community is actively looking to remedy the issues - we are still only 7 months or so since it's inception.
Vic

Interesting, I did not know about that.

But, if it is a mining pool wouldn't it make more sense to have each wallet running as a full node? You are going to end up with a huge centralized pool that way, right? It's not like there's much to be made mining anyway.

I still don't agree with the reward structure. Makes no sense to have no reward 7 months in  Smiley

I'm not a dev so I'm not sure about the full node idea. Yes, the network will be a bit more centralized - but in the hands of a community that is protecting the coin. Also, the Foundation could always cap the hashrate in their own pool to ensure some decentralization. As valuation increases it would be easier to set up more pools, etc. Obviously that would be more long term.

The one thing is that although mining rewards are low - it creates a low cost requirement for value upkeep. This means as an investment coin, its kinda nice, as miners can't dump and devalue it. Its speed could also mean it might be more amenable to use in point of service machines at tellers.

Vic
rockstar888 (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:18:36 AM

the network hash rate is now basically upped by the few members of quark now, cause no one wants to mine it.
even then Quark price drops despite members 'protecting it'.

mining quark doesn't pay electric bill.
Let's see how long that lasts.

capping hash rate drop network hash further.
You really don't think it is over?  you delusional or something?
mcphervi

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:44:47 AM

the network hash rate is now basically upped by the few members of quark now, cause no one wants to mine it.
even then Quark price drops despite members 'protecting it'.

mining quark doesn't pay electric bill.
Let's see how long that lasts.

capping hash rate drop network hash further.
You really don't think it is over?  you delusional or something?

If you cap to a percentage of the network then have the other wallets join other pools you would not drop the hashrate.

There is more than a single way to do things. Different implementations may require different solutions.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 04:46:33 AM

I love this forum for a number of reasons - usually when we get these tards yelling negatives and trying to pump something it for me signals a bottom.

as i said we are just 1 month in to the 6 month stabilization period , but if you suckers are already out of powder that heralds great things.

however i don't think thats the case just yet.

having said that its always good to follow the trend of an idiot on a technical forum.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
rockstar888 (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:19:55 AM

I love this forum for a number of reasons - usually when we get these tards yelling negatives and trying to pump something it for me signals a bottom.

as i said we are just 1 month in to the 6 month stabilization period , but if you suckers are already out of powder that heralds great things.

having said that its always good to follow the trend of an idiot on a technical forum.

1mth from now quark be dead you tard. lol.
lerryne

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:33:28 AM

really?
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 09:19:45 AM

1mth from now quark be dead you tard. lol.

is the inverse also true ? and will that mean Quark will be alive in one month?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:28:11 AM

Looks like everyone forgot to mention that Darkcoin basically makes Quark completely obsolete as well.

- similar algorithms for both
- much better block times for Darkcoin instead of Quark's invalid 30s blocks that anyone who understands crypto knows is a horrible choice
- 75 year distribution or more for Darkcoin vs 6 months distribution for Quark
- better features (anonymous transactions) for Darkcoin

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
escrowman

Activity: 262

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:20:05 AM

all up to you.

reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:25:08 AM

Looks like everyone forgot to mention that Darkcoin basically makes Quark completely obsolete as well.

- similar algorithms for both
- much better block times for Darkcoin instead of Quark's invalid 30s blocks that anyone who understands crypto knows is a horrible choice
- 75 year distribution or more for Darkcoin vs 6 months distribution for Quark
- better features (anonymous transactions) for Darkcoin

Do you even know what distribution means? "The action of sharing something out among a number of recipients." With Quark, any coin really the distribution process is for ever. Because it keeps changing hands. Also i don't see a fully anonymous really taking off, it will get to deal with regulations. Quark is still the best and first major multi algo there is. Read below in comparison to drk.

"Darkcoin in terms of hashing functions it is a combination of Quark's 6 hashing functions and Qubit-coin's 5 hashing functions, so in total Darkcoin has 11. Five of Quark's hashing functions (Blake, Grøstl, JH, Keccak and Skein) were the finalists of the NIST competition https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NIST_hash_function_competition
But Quark is using 9 rounds of hashing: while using 6 rounds from Blake, Blue Midnight Wish, Grøstl, JH, Keccak and Skein it adds 3 more rounds of hashing randomly: so the computer doesn't know whether it will be Keccak or Grøstl or Blake. And that's one of the uniqiue beauties of Quark. Unfortunately, Darkcoin or Qubitcoin don't do that: the computer remains certain about which hashing function will be used.

In addition, Darkcoin's block generation time is 2.5minutes (150seconds), while Quark is 30 seconds. Which means that Quarks algorithm with an element of randomness (unpredictability) will have to be cracked in 30 seconds to create a double-spend fork, while for Darkcoin this window of opportunity for the attacker is 5 timeslonger: 150 seconds with no element of randomness. If you take all these factors into account, Quark is still the most secure - it's not only about the number of hashing functions."
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 10:36:04 AM

all up to you.

its all for you Damien!

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
renegadepcsolutions

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Yeah... I mined your mom last night.

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:16:43 AM

1 it was not pre-mined

I'm sorry... but were you dropped on your head as a child?

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.  -John F. Kennedy
bitcoin-world.de

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

bitcoin-world.de - The european information source

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 11:25:16 AM

I was one of the first cpu miner where the quark blocks were about 2048 Quarks per Blockfound. I can say that all was fair and I got my Quarks without any problems with the quark wallet or something else. The Mining was very fair! Unlike MaxCoin and other shitcoins were unfair, you couldnt mine it. I have about 100k Quarks and could make about 35k $ and I dont sell my Quarks, because I thought that the rally only is on the beginning, but then all Coins went down during this crysis time of BTC. What I think in lately 2014 so in December/November the problems of the exchanges will be solved and trust in BTC will grow again to a new high!!! And what do you think will happen to the other AltCoins ? The value grow with bitcoin together and all who trusted in this fucking altcoins will make the best profit.
rockstar888 (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:09:35 AM

http://cryptmarketcap.com/

Quark down almost 20% in the last 7 days.
the public now knows it is a scam.
a dead scam that is. Pre-mined to oblivion, orphan blocks riddled with no network security.

value will just keep dropping. 798.605 Mhash/s network hash.. and THAT pool is like 95% by the same group.

if there's a dead coin, it will have exactly these stats. 

coa032

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:18:23 AM

a dead scam that is. Pre-mined to oblivion, orphan blocks riddled with no network security.

value will just keep dropping. 798.605 Mhash/s network hash.. and THAT pool is like 95% by the same group.

Then turn to Qubitcoin...also secure hashing cpu/gpu minable,current block reward 256,without premine...soon on mintpal,price stable. And most important big community.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 10:37:53 AM

yep and you are a typical USD$ bag holder, a rockstar in your own mums basement.

price moves up price moves down, crypto is what is , you get all excited about it like the little kid you are.

the sky is falling, go play with that guitar where you press the buttons and it makes guitar sounds.

i'm loving this price,  you mental midgets are easy, if i say one thing you try to do the opposite its like playing with a monkey.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
kevorsen

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:02:08 PM

I am actually watching Quark with very closely now.

I would like to see how the market reacts to a 'mined out' crypto, up til then, there were just speculations about what happens.
either people say,

1, it will go up cause more scared.
2, it will go down if not properly distributed before this deadline.

so I am watching with a curious mind.
I think the whole market will be too.
regardless i think we all learn something.

I remain total neutral on this issue for now, for science.  Smiley
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 01:45:31 PM

I am actually watching Quark with very closely now.

I would like to see how the market reacts to a 'mined out' crypto, up til then, there were just speculations about what happens.
either people say,

1, it will go up cause more scared.
2, it will go down if not properly distributed before this deadline.

so I am watching with a curious mind.
I think the whole market will be too.
regardless i think we all learn something.

I remain total neutral on this issue for now, for science.  Smiley

a good stance - science is helpful.

We expected 6 months for mining distribution , then a further 6 months for price distribution, attacks etc etc. FUD , these USD bag holder all expected, in fact we need these idiots, if the price had of stayed higher after the exuberant period which we could call the "Max" exuberance, the only people holding Quark would be on this mining forum, that is hardly a good distribution. .

and as there are so many USD banker tolls and bag holders here who's aim is to try to in some way pathetically "inflate" a decentralized system.  (ha ha )

it would never be a good outcome and then there would need to be more than 12 months to try to get distribution.

but as it turns out, these idiots are very predictable ; D 

so we are now only into month 1 of the 6 month price distribution, and I see everything as vector, we have Quark as a brand in lot of former unknown sectors the Shaq Game and many more new merchants, the Mobile wallet  etc.

About where you would want to be for month 1.

everything else is noise , but its important to egg these fools on also. i just hope we don't get attacked it would be the end !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: