Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:19:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The fastest UNBAN for plagiarism  (Read 860 times)
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 05:21:25 AM

Just assume and believe what you found, and wrote above are right, it somehow shows that not all account buyers are bad guys. I knew that prominent users there tend to hate account buyers, for some understandable reasons: potential scammers, and spammers. However, I remembered that some of DT1 members wrote that it might be fine if someone buy an account, and only use it for bounty, with good quality posts. In that post, the DT1 member emphazies that it takes time to see progress of bought accounts, before removing red tags. I think it is fine with neutral tags, despite the fact that it is still unfair with users have to contribute hardly to rank up. Maybe that DT1 member will see my post today.  Smiley
Yes, that's true. His contribution to the forum was outstanding for him to be made a MOD. Buying and Selling of accounts are hardly acted upon, only when they bought the account for the primary reason for spamming and ruining the forum on the whole. Either we may or may not be a shitposter in our early forum days but we need to improve over time and need to contribute. Third World Bounty Hunters never realize this and would continue spamming the forum with their reports.

Hell yes, and I'm curious to know who that person is.  Hilariousandco alluded to it being a member who ought to be a mod, but the member was never named.  I have a short list of suspects, though.  In any case, I think it's fantastic that his reports are being acted on.
theymos way of appointing a MOD was very much different than we thought. Reports are a primary aspect but the reporter should have gained trust from theymos and the community for them to be considered for the position. We need to wait patiently, until the suspected plagiarism checker gets into limelight with his official appointment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 02:43:28 PM

This is the new policy that has been considered by the admin. There are quite good users who had been plagiarizing post long time ago and being reported. Now, theymos has considered lifting the accounts ban over a period of time for the user to continue his/her endeavour in joining cryptocurrency.

But, if the ban user is not a good poster then definitely there is no time frame for it for banning because it will be ban pemanently.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 02:46:28 PM

Is this enough to avoid punishment for plagiarism? And what do you tell other banned users?
I'll gladly answer your question but first can you define what's enough by your standards? Because if you are just asking me a two year ban on signatures and a 60 day ban on posting and sending pms is enough for a user to learn his/her lesson after being given a second chance. The duration of the said bans will also show us if the member is really here to be active in contributing in the forum again or just wants to be here to earn money.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
sergey1980 (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 37

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 03:18:27 PM
Merited by johhnyUA (1)

Is this enough to avoid punishment for plagiarism? And what do you tell other banned users?
I'll gladly answer your question but first can you define what's enough by your standards? Because if you are just asking me a two year ban on signatures and a 60 day ban on posting and sending pms is enough for a user to learn his/her lesson after being given a second chance. The duration of the said bans will also show us if the member is really here to be active in contributing in the forum again or just wants to be here to earn money.
I will explain what I did not like.
This user very quickly received an alternative punishment and he began a countdown.
But this case became a precedent for other participants.
I have no complaints about punishment, it is really cruel but fair.
My claim is that the administration delays the consideration of other cases.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 04:37:19 PM

I will explain what I did not like.
This user very quickly received an alternative punishment and he began a countdown.
But this case became a precedent for other participants.
I have no complaints about punishment, it is really cruel but fair.
My claim is that the administration delays the consideration of other cases.

The more that you have contributed to the forum, the more chances that your pleading would be considered. Take hacker1010100 as an example, he became a valuable asset and contributed to the forum enough to give him the chance of redeeming himself, unlike people who got ban due to plagiarism and have a history full of shitposting and spamming. If I were a mod and I see their history, without a doubt, I would consider the one who contributed most.

There is also someone who recently got banned (tvplus006) and I am hoping that the penalty imposed would be less-harsher due to his outstanding contribution in busting out fake ICOs and scams.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
sowns

Activity: 67
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 03:09:18 AM

Well, I understand you. In the Meta there are not many appeals. I hope you make a fair decision.
It's not what you think mate... Some good people have been banned and have even never appealed. So the number of people to be handled is actually bigger
There’s not much the mods can do about that until the issues have been raised though. You don’t expect them to go through every single ban once in a while to check for false positives do you?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: