Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:23:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mighty DTs - no manipulation LOL | Are you okay theymos?  (Read 1112 times)
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 06:25:50 PM

It is actually good to have voting system, that prevents few users to remove someone from DT because other users can vote for user to stay in DT.

How many DT1 members we have, 80 or something? So real question is not why someone is excluded by few members  Wink
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 6764

Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 06:58:10 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

Let's just hope for all the users that give out merit(merit sources and the general population alike) that other DT1 and DT2 members don't take your precedent and construe it to mean that perhaps they can go ahead and red trust meriters if they merit other types of posts that the DT member finds unsavory.
Giving red trust to someone for meriting a post that you disagree with, find offensive, or think was otherwise wrongfully merited isn't acceptable, and I think that's why I'd originally excluded teeGUMES from my trust list.  I thought that was terrible judgement on his part, but in any case I don't think anybody should be negging members for those reasons. 

Personally, I think red trust for merit should only be done for selling/buying merit or using it to rank up an account farm.
Agree, but personally I wouldn't even give merit abusers a negative and I stopped doing so months ago.  There is way too much subjectivity when it comes to handing out merits, and it's often difficult to prove someone has abused the merit system.  Red paint should be applied very conservatively IMO.

That sounds like a government to me, which is exactly what Theymos wants to avoid.
Actisstupidname's suggestion that Theymos should pick his friends for DT would be basically going back to how the system was before, right?  Theymos had picked the people he trusted to be DT1 members if I'm not mistaken, and I wouldn't exactly call that a government.  They weren't necessarily scam busters or members who left a lot of negs or did any kind of actions normally associated with governance.  I'd prefer we didn't go back to that.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 07:11:23 PM
Merited by HCP (2)

Let's just hope for all the users that give out merit(merit sources and the general population alike) that other DT1 and DT2 members don't take your precedent and construe it to mean that perhaps they can go ahead and red trust meriters if they merit other types of posts that the DT member finds unsavory.
Giving red trust to someone for meriting a post that you disagree with, find offensive, or think was otherwise wrongfully merited isn't acceptable, and I think that's why I'd originally excluded teeGUMES from my trust list.  I thought that was terrible judgement on his part, but in any case I don't think anybody should be negging members for those reasons.  

Personally, I think red trust for merit should only be done for selling/buying merit or using it to rank up an account farm.
Agree, but personally I wouldn't even give merit abusers a negative and I stopped doing so months ago.  There is way too much subjectivity when it comes to handing out merits, and it's often difficult to prove someone has abused the merit system.  Red paint should be applied very conservatively IMO.

I think a lot of it comes down to the fact that once you merit something it can not be removed. When handing out merit you actually need to think longer and harder about what you are doing than when leaving positive/neutral/negative trust because it can not be modified or taken away (unless post deletion/admin?). The conversation we should be having hasn't even been had yet because the attack dogs came out and tried to destroy me because I temporarily red tagged some of their favorite members, when these members permanently merited a public dox.

Did I use the wrong tool to bring light to this? Maybe/Probably. Is there a proper forum tool available? I don't think so.
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 6764

Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 07:32:11 PM
Merited by HCP (2), Steamtyme (1), bill gator (1), teeGUMES (1)

Did I use the wrong tool to bring light to this? Maybe/Probably. Is there a proper forum tool available? I don't think so.
I get it, believe me.  There was no good tool to combat shitposters back before January 2018 when the merit system was implemented, so I and actmyname were using the trust system as a tool to fight them.  It was not a good use of the trust system and I knew that, but I was so frustrated at how bad the situation had gotten that I felt I had to use the only tool available.

As far as the irreversible nature of merits and needing to think long and hard before leaving them....I don't think it's that big a deal.  Merits are just a "like", except that they carry a lot more weight because many members need them to rank up, and they're somewhat of a status symbol here.  But IMO it's not that big of a deal if merits occasionally are given out for questionable or controversial posts, hence why I think it's wrong to neg someone for a merit they gave out (unless it's an obvious case of abuse). 

Anyway teeGUMES, no hard feelings from my end and I apologize for reacting the way I did.  I should have given the situation a lot more thought before acting.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████