Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:58:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What type of programming language should I use to create a website like CMC?  (Read 429 times)
tech72 (OP)

Activity: 427
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2019, 12:04:22 AM

Hi what type of programming language and technology stack that I should use to create a website like Coinmarketcap but more complex, since I will include exchange feature(like Binance.com) and many other more in the future?

It must be:

- Fastest development time
- Highly safe and secure / security
- Scalability (this is must)
- Better performance, & fast

Most of the exchange or coin index sites that ive seen are using either Ruby on Rails, JAVA, or more advance C++.

Its very expensive to find a good quality programmer for that type of languages. But its more secure and convenient for enterprise project right?

I love PHP, love to code it with PHP, livecoin.net is using PHP + Yii framework, once of my favourite PHP framework that Ive used for almost all my project.

But majority of programmer said PHP is not suitable for this type of project, its buggy, unsecure, mess, and slow.
Its true? (Mtgox use PHP - and they got hacked)

I have my own expert PHP coder ready for this project.
But as right now, I’m paranoid.
I dont want make future mistake once this project is started.

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 11:04:23 AM

It's very accurate. I wouldn't suggest PHP for this kind of projects, or for anything else that you're planning to host for the world to see really. I would recommend going with NodeJS, both fast and scalable, especially compared to Ruby.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 12:24:31 PM

CMC but more complex, it will include an exchange. XD Grin

You could just say you want to build an exchange in addition to market cap ratings. If you want to use Binance as your project reference then just mimic them using their technologies, According to Wappalyzer Binance use, Node.js and React.js mainly for their front end, and probably on my guesses they use c/c++ or java for their backend.

About PHP, Personally, I don't know the exact things why it is bad, but indeed most of the developers are hate PHP. Based on the article I've read it has bad language design and core implementations. Nevertheless, Facebook does use PHP, it's not purely built using PHP but use an additional library like https://hhvm.com/. What I mean is pick the language you comfortable with, and suits it with your budget. We also rarely hear Facebook getting compromised, except our data are on purposefully being 'compromised'. Grin

~I have my own expert PHP coder ready for this project.
But as right now, I’m paranoid.
I dont want make future mistake once this project is started.
You get what you've paid for.
Zemomtum

Activity: 1316
Merit: 104

CitizenFinance.io

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 07:47:49 PM

You concluded well based on the features you are looking at. You need to put PHP aside first if you are looming for

If you have a programmer that is good at C++, that will handle the scalability and performance related. Otherwise you might settle down for Node or React

akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 07:58:38 PM

I heard that Nodejs is much better than PHP and PHP is in declined mode currently globally. Afaik crypto doesn't use PHP, not sure though.
tech72 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2019, 11:25:38 PM

You concluded well based on the features you are looking at. You need to put PHP aside first if you are looming for

If you have a programmer that is good at C++, that will handle the scalability and performance related. Otherwise you might settle down for Node or React

Hi, I know for exchange feature Binance use C++.
But how about for another feature? Such as coin index price(like CMC does, with chart, and live coin data update), I still should use C++ too?

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 04:03:49 AM

~
But how about for another feature? Such as coin index price(like CMC does, with chart, and live coin data update), I still should use C++ too?
Using c++ to build that kind of website is like reinventing the wheel. You better use a framework or a library for that. Or uses the programming languages that you comfortable with. Building that kind of website isnt too resource extensive and time-consuming.
tech72 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 06:05:05 AM

~
Using c++ to build that kind of website is like reinventing the wheel. You better use a framework or a library for that. Or uses the programming languages that you comfortable with. Building that kind of website isnt too resource extensive and time-consuming.
Now i'm much more confused.

Zeru.com
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 06:24:43 AM
Merited by akamit (1)

Honestly, I'd stop with the here-say. You're working yourself up over which language when you clearly already have a good working knowledge of PHP. Go with PHP.

People will have their opinions, bash on PHP for its past (or fair criticisms of it's present), but at the end of the day ANY web language should work with what you want to do, provide you develop right & use the right set of tools.

Remember, the language isn't always the most important part. Server infrastructure/setup, memory software (Redis, etc), is all going to aid as well.

I'd rather a intermediate PHP developer than a beginning Python developer anyday. Plus with later releases of PHP being more modern, along w/ frameworks like Laravel, PHP really isn't as bad of an option as it used to me.

Honestly, dude, I've been there. Worrying so much about the future of your project + if you're making the right decisions. Just start coding, and let things fall into place.

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
Coding Enthusiast
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 2783

Bitcoin and C♯ Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 01:46:02 PM
Merited by Piggy (1)

In my experience these things don't depend on the chosen language but instead on the developer's experience. Any code written in any of the modern languages can be fast, secure and scalable if the programmer is good enough. And if not, it doesn't matter what programming language was used.
For example I always thought C# is a slow language because it is managed and has overhead,... but over the past few months I've been seeing how wrong I was to the point where I saw an article on how they implemented AES encryption function that was faster than the optimized C implementation!

If you want security then run security audits and you can even pay security experts to review your system.
If you want scalability then learn the programming principles that help with writing a scalable code.
If you want performance then learn more about performance improvements specific to the language you are using and also run benchmarks and profilers to find the bottlenecks and improve them.

Projects List+Suggestion box
Donate: 1Q9s or bc1q
|
|
|
FinderOuter(0.19.1)Ann-git
Denovo(0.7.0)Ann-git
Bitcoin.Net(0.26.0)Ann-git
|
|
|
BitcoinTransactionTool(0.11.0)Ann-git
WatchOnlyBitcoinWallet(3.2.1)Ann-git
SharpPusher(0.12.0)Ann-git
Initscri

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 06:23:43 PM

(Mtgox use PHP - and they got hacked)

Be careful not to attribute hacking to a flaw of a specific language unless you have proof otherwise.

Any language coded badly can be susceptible to attack. I would say the language itself is most likely the last culprit.

I'd completely reco Laravel if you like PHP. It'll do exactly what you need to do while somewhat enforcing some more "beneficial" conventions PHP has lacked itself w/ non framework.

tech72 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 10:37:36 PM

Most of the exchange site I see are using eithier ruby or java.

Found 2 sites using PHP.

Livecoin.net (php + yii)
next.exchange (php + laravel)

Btw what type of chart libraries that most of exchange sites use btw?

https://www.kucoin.com/trade
https://www.binance.com/en/trade/BTC_USDT
https://cryptowat.ch/markets/kraken/btc/usd

I think for the front end I will use React.js
For the back-end I still thinking either Ruby, Java, C++, Javascript(node.js), or PHP

Zeru.com
teramit
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1387

The Last Cryptocoin Burner

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 12:23:11 AM

nodejs language express framework for backend
vue js language with vuetify library for front end i would prefer.
i learned them in 2 months from a near zero to beginner level and created usefull results for me.
A lot library for javascript both back and front end you can easily use them, nodejs is popular and vue js is promising
If you are learning in 2019 fastest reliable methods are these , i spent 2 month to decide what should i learn for web based projects and these were excellent choices. There are alot documents online and on youtube videos free so it just depends on you to how fast you can do it.
All other options are harder to learn or not optimized as this solution.
most of the high traffic sites are developed with nodejs so you can trust it. After years o developing you ll have enough information if you need another languae or not. So starting with them is best option  Cool
tech72 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2019, 12:45:05 AM

i learned them in 2 months from a near zero to beginner level and created usefull results for me.
A lot library for javascript both back and front end you can easily use them, nodejs is popular and vue js is promising
If you are learning in 2019 fastest reliable methods are these , i spent 2 month to decide what should i learn for web based projects and these were excellent choices. There are alot documents online and on youtube videos free so it just depends on you to how fast you can do it.
most of the high traffic sites are developed with nodejs so you can trust it. After years o developing you ll have enough information if you need another languae or not. So starting with them is best option  Cool

Thank you. I also thinking node.js is perfect too for my project.
Node.js are super famous and hype, even PayPal engineer love it

According to Jeff Harrell, Director of Engineering at Paypal, “Node.js powers our web applications and has allowed our teams to move much faster in bringing their designs to life.”

Zeru.com
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 03:47:02 AM

Thank you. I also thinking node.js is perfect too for my project.
Node.js are super famous and hype, even PayPal engineer love it

According to Jeff Harrell, Director of Engineering at Paypal, “Node.js powers our web applications and has allowed our teams to move much faster in bringing their designs to life.”

If you wanted to go fast, I think going with what you already know is a good go. Plus consider the amount of time you can dedicate learning adding security features using the langguage you are already good at.
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 04:32:15 PM

If you wanted to go fast, I think going with what you already know is a good go. Plus consider the amount of time you can dedicate learning adding security features using the langguage you are already good at.

Security of the coding language depends a lot on the coding architecture and which codes are executed client-side vs on server. Purely saying one coding language is bad over the other is kinda incorrect. But then there's the compiler issue, but discussing that would be off topic since this is web development.

I think the best framework would be django and node.js - also it'd be important to remember that node js is not a language but a web dev framework.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2144

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 05:20:35 PM

To get the last 3 requirements, you need to use a more complex language like C++, but to get fastest/cheapest development process you need to use PHP or JS. You really can't have both, unless you hire a very expensive and very competent programmers who will meet all requirements.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Initscri

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 01:30:48 AM

To get the last 3 requirements, you need to use a more complex language like C++, but to get fastest/cheapest development process you need to use PHP or JS. You really can't have both, unless you hire a very expensive and very competent programmers who will meet all requirements.

That's not true.

1. PHP is secure. Security with regards to PHP is more to do w/ the developer itself, not the language.
2. PHP is scalable, to an extent. Now, not every website needs to scale like Facebook does. Many websites which started w/ PHP and were granted w/ the amazing problem of having to scale a language (because realistically, it's one of your last headaches when having a website that large) have turned to solutions like creating HipHop (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HipHop_for_PHP) which was eventually replaced w/ HHVM.

He's not talking about creating the next Facebook (or a massive large website) here, so IDK why everyone is approaching it like that.

Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2019, 05:58:15 AM

For example I always thought C# is a slow language because it is managed and has overhead,... but over the past few months I've been seeing how wrong I was to the point where I saw an article on how they implemented AES encryption function that was faster than the optimized C implementation!

This, high level languages are already optimized under the hood unlike what commonly tought. There are still some rare cases where it could be faster using an implementation in C though.
AriBitcoin

Activity: 214
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 06:14:40 AM

Don't fall for bullshit. PHP is a well-tested language and it heavily depends upon your skill - whether you are able to use PHP properly or not. The problem with PHP is that it has a lot of programmers who don't have any clue what they are developing, often this results in a buggy, poorly coded application. PHP is not insecure, messy or slow, it really depends on how you code. However, I must say that PHP does have its shortcomings, but using NodeJS or any other language will not magically solve them. If you have a slow SQL query, the performance will be terrible both at PHP or any other language. So you must know what you're doing. MtGox was hacked because their code had a security exploit, not because they were using PHP. Websites and companies get hacked irrespective to the programming language they use.

Coming to the actual question, I would recommend using Golang. It is fast, typed and optimized.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: