Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:01:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Would Really Buy Facebook Coin?  (Read 11117 times)
pant-79

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 03:41:06 PM

Honestly, who would buy this? Serious question! I've been reading about it and I don't see how Facebook can create a coin that upholds the values crypto portrays (censorship free currency).

https://tipestry.com/topics/5ce41169570b6c1f0750a040/facebook-to-release-its-own-cryptocurrency-on-whatsapp-%E2%80%93-libracoin-%E2%80%93-with-its-base-in-switzerland-and-first-launch-in-india

Those who want to earn will buy with a big pleasure. FB has a name, and this is often the only thing that is needed. About FB knows a lot of people all over the world, with ordinary people, so that a large number of people may actually be interested in this crypto project. Also, don't forget that in a bull market even a seedy shit coin can make great profits.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hamba laeh

Activity: 752
Merit: 100

EPsiloan

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 05:27:44 PM

Honestly, who would buy this? Serious question! I've been reading about it and I don't see how Facebook can create a coin that upholds the values crypto portrays (censorship free currency).

https://tipestry.com/topics/5ce41169570b6c1f0750a040/facebook-to-release-its-own-cryptocurrency-on-whatsapp-%E2%80%93-libracoin-%E2%80%93-with-its-base-in-switzerland-and-first-launch-in-india

I will buy a facebook coin (Libra) because I am sure this project will be a big success and I am also sure there are very many investors who will support this project so that they can achieve the highest sales and can be listed on the big market too ... as we know that Facebook has have big and trusted names all over the world .. so I am sure that this project will gain the trust of many investors to support the success of facebook coin (LIBRA) ..

Tigerw

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 05:34:38 PM

I will buy a facebook coin (Libra) because I am sure this project will be a big success and I am also sure there are very many investors who will support this project so that they can achieve the highest sales and can be listed on the big market too ... as we know that Facebook has have big and trusted names all over the world .. so I am sure that this project will gain the trust of many investors to support the success of facebook coin (LIBRA) ..
since this project has already been announced, all available information points to a really interesting project that can really be in high demand in society.  But today there is already information in the media, which is also being discussed at the forum that the US Congress sees a big problem because of Libra, which can create strong competition for the dollar.  We understand what the problems with the dollar are facing for the world economy, and therefore some sanctions may already be imposed on this project. 
junkerr

Activity: 1022
Merit: 100

Meta4uStake.io

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 05:37:56 PM

I listen to news that is similar to what happened that Facebook will release their virtual currency and maybe an opportunity for people to buy when the price gets a discount.
maybe it happened, because some of the marketing from the team to make interest in libra coins increased later after they released coins in exchange. but he said the Libra coin is a stable asset that might not move as altcoin. if there is a discount it might be interesting.

Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 05:53:14 PM

I'm not too sure facebook coin will be a big success because most Facebook users don't know and realize that Facebook will circulate crypto coins, most of the buyers of Facebook coins  are definitely cryptocurrency players.  the good thing that I predict will happen from the Facebook launch of this coin is that it will help increase the price of Bitcoin and the prestige of Bitcoin in the general public.

santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 05:55:28 PM

100 percent sure here that there will be so many supporters on this even what is the project of facebook.
People are holding on the hype and popularity will boost the demand from the people.
THey already think that LIBRA will beat BITCOIN... though i am not one of them.
Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 05:58:22 PM

Everyone who can will buy the ICO tokens. Provided it gets listed on exchange, the price will always be pumped from time to time except Facebook has no intentions of listing it on exchange. If its going to be a stable coin, how will investors make profit or will commission be paid out to investors?
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 06:32:20 PM

Everyone who can will buy the ICO tokens. Provided it gets listed on exchange, the price will always be pumped from time to time except Facebook has no intentions of listing it on exchange. If its going to be a stable coin, how will investors make profit or will commission be paid out to investors?
Crypto currencies are not always about making profit. The same thing goes for Libra coin. If the coin is going to be a stable coin, then you won't make any profit from holding it. Now, if you don't make profit from holding a coin, will that mean that you won't be using crypto currencies anymore? Stop thinking about the profit only, and start thinking about the huge advantages we get from using crypto currencies.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 07:30:08 PM

But that is only your opinion. Businesses are always up for the profit. Facebook company is doing everything to profit just as they are business and that includes exchanges. Gone are the days when you see things running out for its noble cause.  Libra, stable as it is, people will be using it either for trading in BTC paired to it or simply to pay for the services. I don't like the Libra but its going to lead crypto to the masses which we all had been wishing.

yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 08:00:22 PM

I listen to news that is similar to what happened that Facebook will release their virtual currency and maybe an opportunity for people to buy when the price gets a discount.
maybe it happened, because some of the marketing from the team to make interest in libra coins increased later after they released coins in exchange. but he said the Libra coin is a stable asset that might not move as altcoin. if there is a discount it might be interesting.
Initially the team behind Libra would of course want to sell as much as possible coins/tokens. They just do not want to be the Uber drama in the Uber IPO couple of months ago. This is why they would change you very low to own the Facebook coin. In addition, since this is a stable coin, people who aim at storing value would be happy to own it.
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 08:02:24 PM

I think that everything perfectly you understand that this coin uses for development a social network in which millions of users.  But still it seems to me that not everyone is willing to spend on her money.  But nevertheless the coin is interesting.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 08:34:41 PM

You will be surprised by the number of people who have lined up waiting to buy the coin, people who are rich enough to throw their money on anything. It's all about taking risk, and I'm certain a lot of good things will come out of the coin.

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 08:45:27 PM

This Facebook coin seems interesting. You will be surprised by the number of persons who are waiting to buy and invest in this coin. However, remember that cryptocurrency business is risky and not all coins will make you earn profits.

klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 09:06:53 PM

Since the economic model is more of centralization and a stablecoin for that matter then I don't think I can invest my money in such because there is little or no profit in investing on stablecoin.
If your bag of cash is big enough and the ultra rich will pick you in there gang you can invest in the reserve, the reserve will collect the dollars of users and will be invested in low risk assets. All interest that the reserve makes will be split. nice read here

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 09:16:33 PM

This will be a “stable coin” so will presumably remain at a fixed price, pegged to a basket of international currencies, and not just to the dollar as other stable coins currently are.

If it will be a stable coin remaining at a fixed price so I don’t see any chance to profit from it unlike bitcoin and other altcoins that are volatile. It cannot be regarded as an asset and will not be profitable for investment and will solely serve as a mean of payment and for transferring money from one end to another. Facebook users may probably buy it for the purpose of its usage but not to be stored and held like bitcoin and even if I buy of it and store in a wallet they’ve provided, my money will unlikely grow since its price will be stable unless they give interest for storing it in their wallet.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 12:44:30 AM

That's not even a question because Facebook is already very popular and by just announcing their coins, lots of big investors will be on the line waiting for when they release it fully so that they can all get in as early buyers when it is cheap. So just he sure that if Facebook releases any cryptocurrency it is going very big and it's likely going to be one of the biggest cryptocurrency in the market. They own one of the biggest social media network in the world and they can use them to even promote their coins the more and that will attract lots of investors everyday. Facebook is going to be a big opponent for other altcoins.

Many large companies support Libra Coin. Maybe this is because it was launched by the largest social media company in the world with 2 billion active members. I think, Libra coin has a great opportunity to compete in the crypto market and even make the market more attractive
z21770179

Activity: 474
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 05:49:44 AM

I want to try buy Facebook Coin, but I hope that there will be some platforms which allow you to buy it via credit card. I mean the services like buycoinnow.com where you can buy BTC. If there were the Facebook coin instead of Bitcoin, I can try
It is not possible to buy a Libra coin that not published yet. These sites are purposely created for scamming people and new investors. Why do we even compare the prices of Bitcoin and the new version of Tether?

I don't understand why people want to buy Libra when it's currently only for big companies. For each node involved 10 million dollars, not only that, but it is also having legal problems in Europe and the US House of Representatives.
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 07:20:13 AM

The Libra will be much more like a stablecoin. So everybody, who has a facebook account will buy it in order to fascilitate day-to-day spendings, because it is much more convenient than bank accounts.
There will be no point at buying Libra for investment. We wouldn't be able to make money with it. Facebook and the consortium will do that.
You post pictures - fb win. You use libra - fb wins.
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 07:20:37 AM

As of now for those investor I think they can not buy a facebook coin.but lets see by launching this crypto next year if there some people investor will buy this crypto.we all know the popularity facebook and facebook coin will promote in facebook.I am sure there are a lot of people will be curious about facebook coin.well this is a good way also that cryptocurrency will be known of a lot of people.because we all know that facebook is already known all over the world.Good way to recognize what is cryptocurrency and in time why not facebook coin will be popular also someday like bitcoin.it is not impossible we know the power of facebook.but as of now that this is a new crypto I think they not accepting this because it was new.and as I said why not someday lets wait to launch this next year.

Shatterlean22

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 12:18:22 PM

Facebook coin is a stable digital currency and that leave me no choice but to ignore it ,I'd rather invest in telegram token than Libra ,I'm more of a holder so its pointless holding a stable coin

storichain.io ❂ Storichain Official Bounty Campaign
• ● START: 25 JUNE 2019 ● • (https://storichain.io)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: