Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:53:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin down Litecoin UP 2014  (Read 10199 times)
Zapffe

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:15:33 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 02:27:34 PM by Zapffe

Your communist ideas of fairness is what drives every western political decision and the very reason the economy is tanking. Truck on comrade.

You can't comprehend that fair wealth distribution is an important factor for an effective economy.
Sierra Leone has one of the worst income equality for instance while Japan has one of the best. Now try to compare the economies of those 2 countries and call Japanese "communists".

The funny thing is that people like you will mostly be first to whine about fairness when someone just takes something from you by force.

exactly, I am thankful that I am not the only one who think this way Smiley
The state does take money by force. In my country, ~50%. And it is taken automatically from our salaries before the money has a chance to enter our accounts.

Japan has a higher debt than most (all?) western countries in terms of percent to GDP. Google is your friend in instances like this. They are on the list of countries with economies set to collapse. Largely due to our western influence on their economy.

And I bet that you whine a lot that the state unfairly takes the money from you... people like you always do.

The problem is that you don't understand the relation between global trade and debt. Most of the developed countries are in debt to each other or to their own people. Don't get your knowledge from schizophrenic youtube videos on how everyone are in debt to IMF that is owned by evil bankers/reptile aliens. Sure the bankers are skimming profits, and sure there a lot of crooks in banking, but most of the debt is actually created between countries that have close trade relations.
I will give you apples, you will owe me for these apple.. you will in turn give me oranges and I will owe you for those oranges, with the debt constantly changing in relation to the current trade needs.

To simplify things more:
what matters the most is how the majority of the population feels that they are valued by society. When everyone feels that they are valued fairly according to their education and workload, then everyone will work more efficiently. When people are undervalued, then they lose motivation to work and get educated, just as people lose motivation to work and get educated when they are overvalued.

The main thing that went wrong with communism was central planning. Markets are just too complex for a single building full of people to regulate fairly. The Soviet economy for instance was highly abused by the top officials and the rest were too incompetent to understand supply and demand. This is the thing that created an highly inefficient economy that was constantly plagued by product deficit or oversupply.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cyberlight

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:36:03 PM

Dat pump & dump.
Zapffe

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:27:52 PM

Your communist ideas of fairness is what drives every western political decision and the very reason the economy is tanking. Truck on comrade.

You are missing the point by a thousand miles.

Western propaganda is only talking about fairness (oh, and human rights of course).

In western reality, the lobbyists, oligarchs and fat cats get more and more every year, while the rest of society is under water.

It is pretty obvious to me, that especially in the US and in countries under its influence people got brainwashed and conditioned to freak out, whenever they hear the word communism. But this is pretty different in other parts of the world...

I'm out of LTC again and back in fiat, but not out of BTC-E yet, because there is a good chance that there will be another and a stronger rise. Let's see what happens.

eiskalt, it's like with the bitcoin community. Talking about evil banksters and how bitcoin would bring liberty to finance. But, what everyone really wants, is for everyone to pump wealth into their coins, so they would get rich without any work or education. If bitcoin were about freedom, not greed, then the new coin supply wouldn't have been built in a way where half of the coins will come out in 5 years, and the rest for the next 120 years. The design was made like that on purpose, to build a strong starting momentum and attract people with greed. The sad thing is that the growth will slow down together with coin supply, because people aren't this stupid to pump wealth into the hands of the "early adopters". People are smart enough to build alternatives that doesn't have this pack of leeches dragging everyone else down.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:52:27 PM

Western propaganda is only talking about fairness (oh, and human rights of course).

In western reality, the lobbyists, oligarchs and fat cats get more and more every year, while the rest of society is under water.

It is pretty obvious to me, that especially in the US and in countries under its influence people got brainwashed and conditioned to freak out, whenever they hear the word communism. But this is pretty different in other parts of the world...

I'm out of LTC again and back in fiat, but not out of BTC-E yet, because there is a good chance that there will be another and a stronger rise. Let's see what happens.

eiskalt, it's like with the bitcoin community. Talking about evil banksters and how bitcoin would bring liberty to finance. But, what everyone really wants, is for everyone to pump wealth into their coins, so they would get rich without any work or education. If bitcoin were about freedom, not greed, then the new coin supply wouldn't have been built in a way where half of the coins will come out in 5 years, and the rest for the next 120 years. The design was made like that on purpose, to build a strong starting momentum and attract people with greed. The sad thing is that the growth will slow down together with coin supply, because people aren't this stupid to pump wealth into the hands of the "early adopters". People are smart enough to build alternatives that doesn't have this pack of leeches dragging everyone else down.

Manipulator talking about how people are smart. Funny stuff.

Yeah, you REALLY believe people are smart. That's why you didn't come over here to pump LTC and the  dump it. Haha. Classic.

Yeah, you believe people are smart. Right.  Cheesy
Zapffe

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:08:36 PM

Yeah, you REALLY believe people are smart. That's why you didn't come over here to pump LTC and the  dump it. Haha. Classic.

Well people mostly are smart. I also believe that most of the people here in this forum are smart. Their judgment is often clouded by their emotional attachment to bitcoin though. Religion can even make smart people look stupid, and the same rule mostly applies here.
But the bitcoin religion won't spread very far, because the "unfairness" factor isn't very well hidden. People with even the simplest financial knowledge can see that it's not right, that half of the coins will come out in 5 years and the rest in 120 years. It's easy to judge with common sense, that the system is built for supporting parasites. That is the simple reason why most of the population doesn't want anything to do with Bitcoin.

And of course, Litecoin is no different. It has the same moronic financial rules, but it's history and technology are slightly superior. I think that LTC will be the fun coin for the near future, that will have volatility enough to make it profitable. If you have strong emotional attachment to bitcoin, then you can hodl while the price is slowly dropping, it's everyones personal choice.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:36:59 PM

Well people mostly are smart. I also believe that most of the people here in this forum are smart. Their judgment is often clouded by their emotional attachment to bitcoin though. Religion can even make smart people look stupid, and the same rule mostly applies here.
But the bitcoin religion won't spread very far, because the "unfairness" factor isn't very well hidden. People with even the simplest financial knowledge can see that it's not right, that half of the coins will come out in 5 years and the rest in 120 years. It's easy to judge with common sense, that the system is built for supporting parasites. That is the simple reason why most of the population doesn't want anything to do with Bitcoin.

And of course, Litecoin is no different. It has the same moronic financial rules, but it's history and technology are slightly superior. I think that LTC will be the fun coin for the near future, that will have volatility enough to make it profitable. If you have strong emotional attachment to bitcoin, then you can hodl while the price is slowly dropping, it's everyones personal choice.

Lets not flat out lie. It's unbecoming. You don't think people are smart. You think you are smart. But not others.

Zapffe

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:11:08 PM

Lets not flat out lie. It's unbecoming. You don't think people are smart. You think you are smart. But not others.

No, I really don't. I haven't met many people that aren't smarter then me in some subject. People are just different kinds of smart, so it expresses differently.
eiskalt

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:55:20 PM

@Zapffe @windjc:

thanks for quoting my post, which got deleted for whatever reason.
So can anybody tell me, why my post got deleted?

Is talking about communism a thoughtcrime nowadays? If so, it was not me who started this.

I agree, talking about evil banksters is missing the point about the cause of the social and economic problems we are facing on a global scale.

Regarding the motivation, why one decides to get involved with BTC, LTC or other cryptocurrencies, I would like to add, that it is not necessarily greed (alone), but also fear.

I also agree with your criticism about supply and distribution of coins. But even in societies where capital and values are most equally spread, there will always be a difference. The problem with distribution inequality is not categorical but rather gradual. In that sense, Litecoin seems (at least) to address this.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:57:04 PM

back on topic

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
eiskalt

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:03:14 PM

Looking good.

Should be back to 20 tomorrow.
eiskalt

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:11:09 PM

O.K. still hope for tomorrow ...

counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:28:46 AM

it is an interesting theory and it does feel like a ton of attacks on BTC are taking place so maybe the OP's view is unfolding before our eyes who knows. 
Lannister

Activity: 140

I'm blocking all private messages. Use Bitmessage!

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:34:29 AM

first ever i saw LTC market cap more than BTC market cap
interesting
should us invest to LTC too? Grin

No, I will not disclose my real name on the Internet. The very simple reason I’m anonymous is so that I can talk freely about a free web. One mistake people often make is having the faulty assumption that knowing my real name or my association with a respected person, group or organization might get them to trust me more. In fact, I have no authority here. Elastic Project is a loosely associated group of developers which constantly changes over time. If you prefer projects with a more centralized structure, then please move on. Specifically, I kindly ask you to refrain from any messages that try to convince me of the contrary. My time is too valuable to be wasted with the same discussion again and again.
btcfundsorg

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:04:17 AM

no interest in the copy of bitcoin like litecoin, dogecoin and all that shit.
copy is never equal to the original

Real big company invest in bitcoin only and few biggest financial place come soon like GS , paulson and co ect... just wait and see .

Bitcoin is a stock not a money . We don't need lot of people use it one company like GS in bitcoin is better than 10 million new user

what is important is the total money invested not the number of people.

jtsnau

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:48:35 AM

no interest in the copy of bitcoin like litecoin, dogecoin and all that shit.
copy is never equal to the original

We're not talking about paintings by famous artists here.  It's code.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:37:22 PM

Litecoin, dogecoin, XYZcoin don't actually do anything substantially different to bitcoin.  Sure, they're slightly tweaked, maybe have a shorter confirmation time, maybe a different hashing algorithm, but it's really the same thing dressed up in different clothes with a hawker shouting 'new and improved!' next to it.  Does Litecoin solve a problem that bitcoin has?  No.  Confirmation times are far too long with both so we're still looking at a situation of requiring third parties to process transactions on our behalf.  Standing at a checkout waiting for 6 confirmations with litecoin or bitcoin is still far too long in both cases.

Design something that works like bitcoin, has the same security, but doesn't require gigawatts of power to run the system.  There's a challenge.
edwardspitz

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:38:37 PM

Litecoin is actually holding up pretty well in spite of Bitcoins drops. And that includes the Chinese exchanges where it is currently rising. Maybe people have just forgotten about it or maybe it has already found it's bottom.
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:48:05 PM

stop buying LTC guise, you're decoupling it from BTC and ruining my whole trading strategy Tongue

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
edwardspitz

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:52:12 PM

stop buying LTC guise, you're decoupling it from BTC and ruining my whole trading strategy Tongue

Ok :-)
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 10:06:52 AM

Litecoin predictions update:
http://bullbearanalytics.com/2015/01/18/litecoin-predictions-breakout/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: