Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:28:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: sardasa account hacked yesterday  (Read 1463 times)
sardasaAccountHacked (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 06:46:39 AM

Hi All,

Yesterday my account was hacked @ 3:38 PM GMT.
Hacker managed to change my account's e-mail id & then the password.
I noticed it at 3:45 PM GMT & got my account locked using the link the forum sent me on my e-mail id along with e-mail change notification.
In that e-mail itself they've mentioned the IP address of the hacker & the new e-mail id he created to hack my forum account.
I have dropped e-mail to account recoveries e-mail id but have not heard anything back from them.

Can someone please tell me is there any other alternative to reach out to person responsible of unlocking my account?

Thanks,
sardasa

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 06:50:08 AM

Just follow the instructions here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5089777.0

Much better if you have signed message from previously used btc address before the hack happens.
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1781

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 06:53:45 AM

Make sure you send the account's recovery team a message from the account's original email address as you follow the procedure. Account recovery could even get completed after seven days once the process has started.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16544

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 07:44:52 AM

I noticed it at 3:45 PM GMT & got my account locked using the link the forum sent me on my e-mail id along with e-mail change notification.
That gives the hacker a 7 minute window in which he could have used your account to PM users trying to scam them. I don't think it's very likely, but if you sign a message from an address posted anywhere, I'll tag the account just to be sure.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 08:08:32 AM

That gives the hacker a 7 minute window in which he could have used your account to PM users trying to scam them. I don't think it's very likely, but if you sign a message from an address posted anywhere, I'll tag the account just to be sure.
I checked it. My account was last active till 3:40 PM GMT. Don't think he did anything with the account.
That's the address which I had staked last time: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg19862993#msg19862993
It belongs to my Lykke Exchange account. I have access to it. Can send screenshots and other proofs but won't be able to sign a message from it as it's exchange address.

How shall we go ahead now?
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 08:35:15 AM

I won't tag an account without solid evidence, so just use bL4nkcode's link to reclaim access.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 08:39:43 AM

I won't tag an account without solid evidence, so just use bL4nkcode's link to reclaim access.

I have dropped e-mail to account recoveries e-mail id but have not heard anything back from them.

Can someone please tell me is there any other alternative to reach out to person responsible of unlocking my account?

Thanks,
sardasa

That's what I have already done. My question was can something more be done to speeden up the process?
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 08:42:17 AM

You could PM someone from Cryptios, but I'm not sure if that's going to be appreciated.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 08:59:41 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2019, 09:12:32 AM by Bitcoin_Arena
Merited by Steamtyme (1)

That's what I have already done. My question was can something more be done to speeden up the process?
It takes time mate, They can't unlock or recover the account so quickly without doing thorough investigations and review. Now that you have no staked bitcoin address, all you have to do is wait. AFAIK, It usually takes a week for the recovery process to be complete.

Back in the day, hacked accounts could even take 6-12 months to be recovered, so I think currently, the speed has massively improved

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 09:22:38 AM

I checked it. My account was last active till 3:40 PM GMT. Don't think he did anything with the account.
That's the address which I had staked last time: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg19862993#msg19862993
It belongs to my Lykke Exchange account. I have access to it. Can send screenshots and other proofs but won't be able to sign a message from it as it's exchange address.

Sorry to see that your account got hacked. As per Theymos's instructions, you can use any address (even which is not staked) whose private key you own:

Signatures

Often, you need to prove ownership of the account with a PGP or Bitcoin signature. This has two steps:

1. You need to show that the PGP key or Bitcoin address is associated with the account, for example by referencing an unedited post in which you posted the address.
 2. You need to sign an appropriate message with that key/address.

You have so many addresses mentioned in your earlier posts that are unedited like

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1268827.msg13099505#msg13099505

And addresses from which you paid users for sign-ups and so on.

Choosing accounts from coinbase or any exchange won't be of any use as you don't own the private keys of those addresses.

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 09:39:44 AM

Sorry to see that your account got hacked. As per Theymos's instructions, you can use any address (even which is not staked) whose private key you own:

Signatures

Often, you need to prove ownership of the account with a PGP or Bitcoin signature. This has two steps:

1. You need to show that the PGP key or Bitcoin address is associated with the account, for example by referencing an unedited post in which you posted the address.
 2. You need to sign an appropriate message with that key/address.

You have so many addresses mentioned in your earlier posts that are unedited like

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1268827.msg13099505#msg13099505

And addresses from which you paid users for sign-ups and so on.

Choosing accounts from coinbase or any exchange won't be of any use as you don't own the private keys of those addresses.
Mostly I used coinbase during initial days & shifted to Lykke. Now, my Coinbase account is locked, so can't sign any message from it and Lykke address was again exchange one and can't sign from that address.

erikalui
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 10:00:40 AM

^Coinbase also allows you to sign a message which I just checked but they locked your account so... Sad

You did not use blockchain.info addresses or any other wallets like electrum, hardware wallets, jaxx etc? If you have used ETH addresses (like myetherwallet, metamask etc. hoping it would be considered) also and sign a message, that could be fine.

You dealt with localbitcoins so is it possible for them to allow you to sign a message? They don't give the private key is what I know though.

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 10:14:29 AM

^Coinbase also allows you to sign a message which I just checked but they locked your account so... Sad

You did not use blockchain.info addresses or any other wallets like electrum, hardware wallets, jaxx etc? If you have used ETH addresses (like myetherwallet, metamask etc. hoping it would be considered) also and sign a message, that could be fine.

You dealt with localbitcoins so is it possible for them to allow you to sign a message? They don't give the private key is what I know though.

No never used any of these wallets.
Don't think lbc address would be of any help here
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2170

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 11:06:48 AM

No never used any of these wallets.
Don't think lbc address would be of any help here
Its bit difficult to recover your account if you can't sing message from your used/staked address. However you can try your luck, just follow the proper procedure like describe on first reply. Contact with recovery team from original main that you had used during registration. Perhaps they will consider by your IP address also. So don't give up, it will take time and everything is manual.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
erikalui
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2019, 05:04:11 AM

The account is active now but the OP has not posted if he managed to recover the account or not.

Findingnemo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 05:21:30 AM

The account is active now but the OP has not posted if he managed to recover the account or not.
He recovered his account,you can see that logs on bpip.org under his profile.

https://bpip.org/profile.aspx?p=sardasa

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 04:11:05 PM

My account has been hacked again 4 days ago.
I got it blocked within minutes of receiving the password change e-mail.

Now, I have dropped email to recovery team and still waiting for them to revert.
Upgrade00
Legendary

Merit: 2170

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2019, 04:27:49 PM

Did you change your email and password after the first hack to log out any existing access to the account? And did you sign a message to an address linked to the account? That would speed up the process of recovering the account.
I'll advise you avoid phishing links and clone websites of bitcointalk, also do not log in on many devices.
*Edit: just checked at bpip and it shows you did reset the password after the last recovery.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 10:45:55 PM

My account has been hacked again 4 days ago.
I got it blocked within minutes of receiving the password change e-mail.
This is sad, i hope no one was scammed through your compromised account. I am also wondering how the hacker good his hands onto your account once again

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
rhomelmabini

Activity: 2002
Merit: 578

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 10:52:59 PM

You managed to recover it the last time, am I right? You just have to follow the instructions once again here for your account recovery. You better change your email now binding that account and I guess that's the reason you're account is compromised lately by the hacker as he still knows it.

How it has been locked when you are to received to change the password? Or have you forgotten the password again and mods locked it because they thought that's an unwanted activity that your trying to log in with the incorrect password?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: