Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:30:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can someone explain to me the motive behind airdrops?  (Read 1646 times)
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 08:30:59 PM

No time is wasted by promoting through airdrops ,many airdrops are worthless and its better to choose already trading tokens or coins so that you can sell when you get paid

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
alberdina

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2019, 08:38:24 PM

I'm still wondering why developers will organize airdrops and distribute an amount of tokens which is far lesser than the minimum amount of the tokens that can be deposited on an exchange for trading. If you don't want the users to cash out the money, why do you let them waste their time?

Airdrop now if compared to the former is certainly very different. Now hope that being able to get a lot of money from Airdrop is very difficult. Even many Airdrops are fake and make a lot of people lose time. It is better to focus on a bounty project that makes money, even though there are not many.

Wale777

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 08:42:04 PM

Airdrops is basically to make publicity about the project for the potential investors to know about the project by giving bounty hunters some tokens to do simple tasks for the project advertisement
Averim

Activity: 515
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 08:47:28 PM

I'm still wondering why developers will organize airdrops and distribute an amount of tokens which is far lesser than the minimum amount of the tokens that can be deposited on an exchange for trading. If you don't want the users to cash out the money, why do you let them waste their time?
Human kind is happy to receive something for free, without any effort even if the volume is to low to buy a drop of water. This way developers create awareness in the crypto market.
superscommessebitcoin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 08:50:32 PM

Basically it is necessary to get a lot of people in your project. After all, the most important thing is to disseminate information about your project and when it is supported by many people it will have a good impact on its development.
bitstalker

Activity: 383

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 09:18:05 PM

I am still confused about that, but in my opinion the purpose of conducting airdrop like that is to make a part of the project supply, and maybe promotion, the purpose of promotion here is that airdrop has been distributed shortly after that the price of the token moves and maybe it will attract airdrop holders to bought the token, and also maybe they intentionally did it so that it opens the opportunity for people who want to buy airdrop tokens through collectors.
martabaktelor

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 09:37:55 PM

To choose a good Airdrop project I think is Airdrop that has an ICO project. So we can also check on the ICO project. The developer must have experience and listed the original personal profile. So if you check in and there is no doubt in the project. You can decide to participate immediately.
huhhuh18

Activity: 250
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:00:05 PM

Well, i think airdrops have taken a whole new dimension. At first, airdrops were both for awareness purposes and also for earning purposes, but currently airdrops are just for awareness purposes. For anyone to earn, they'll need to buy that token.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
vhns222

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:10:27 PM

Mostly its about promotion but sometimes some so-called <<projects>> make airdrop then to dump them on exchanges and go ,so not always its worth to keep them i have 100s tokens which hasn't any volume at all some even cant list on exchanges.

perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:12:31 PM

Airdrops for now only to promote a project, with referral system. So their project can be spread to the world and they hope they can get investor with it. But in past, some airdrops really want to us to submit our address or maybe with email only, and we can get it free.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:22:56 PM

Airdrop is like ads to promote their project to investor. Airdrop have simple task and we can do it with easier but sometimes also we can find aidrop with difficult task. And if we look at what you say i think the developers and team have bad project and they dont want cash out us easily. Sometimes as airdrop hunter we not really read the rules but sometimes the developer cheaters and change the rule in the middle.
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2394
Merit: 342

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:31:16 PM

Airdrop is like ads to promote their project to investor. Airdrop have simple task and we can do it with easier but sometimes also we can find aidrop with difficult task. And if we look at what you say i think the developers and team have bad project and they dont want cash out us easily. Sometimes as airdrop hunter we not really read the rules but sometimes the developer cheaters and change the rule in the middle.
It absolutely there is a huge change happen cause mostly they'll never give their promises instead of lying into every participants. It looks bad and not even profitable this time, I consider participating airdrop will just wasting our precious time instead of using it into the other thing.

Having airdrop is just a way to promote their project(ghost project), they are doing some test to the community if it have a possible market in the future before they launch an ICO or IEO programs.
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 11:56:05 PM

I think that you have not met good airdrop. Of course, most airdrop are doing exactly as you said, but there are exceptions. In any case, in my opinion airdrop is ineffective marketing.
sodiik

Activity: 553
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 01:08:32 AM

Airdrop does have a very easy job. But for the Airdrop project, it is now very much downhill. Developers do not intend to develop their projects. Moreover, now many Airdrop projects end in fraud, whereas some Airdrop requests KYC procedures.

inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 01:17:00 AM

Airdrop is a marketing strategy so that it looks like social media has many followers from Airdrop to make it look a lot and can attract investors to invest in it so that the project can run according to the road map.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 01:26:18 AM

Airdrops are not money tree that everyone can take a piece of the leaf with two hands. It is a waste of time for those don't want to hold and look for easy money. Easy money stacked on the wallets for years and neither team nor airdrop hunters can't see any real value.
kogozer714
Copper Member

Activity: 593

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 01:30:35 AM

I think Airdrop is only for an award for a community that has helped develop coins that they circulate to members of their community to do simple tasks that are done and will not make a lot of money, this will attract investors to come and be interested in it.
Shova

Activity: 286
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 01:32:08 AM

Airdrops are a way to increase buzz around a project. Airdropped users are a cheap mouth to mouth advertisements. They act as unofficial ambassador to the project and are involved in the community as a part of it. It also provides the sense of decentralization though they are 99% centralized on holding.
salty

Activity: 562
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 04:19:37 PM

You are right,but there is another side to the coin.Most recently, my friend sold 600 coins at $ 0.95.And he got them just by participating in the airdrop program.Of course Fortuna is 1 in 1000 but nevertheless worth to take into account these factors.
GrosWesh
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1440

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 04:39:56 PM

In doing so, they probably hope that some (even a small part of the people) decide to invest a little bit in order to be able to deposit their tokens to sell them ....  Roll Eyes

However, not all airdrops are bad. Some are salable (and some rare at very good prices!). Besides the financial aspect, I think (after having participated in a lot of airdrops in 2018) that they can be an interesting gateway to the world of cryptos. First steps on exchanges, use of more or less technical terms, some software etc ... I did not become rich with the aidrops (even if I made money) but I do not have either the feeling of having totally lost my time Smiley My 2 satos!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: