Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:40:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can someone explain to me the motive behind airdrops?  (Read 1646 times)
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 09:10:46 PM

I'm still wondering why developers will organize airdrops and distribute an amount of tokens which is far lesser than the minimum amount of the tokens that can be deposited on an exchange for trading. If you don't want the users to cash out the money, why do you let them waste their time?
It's a bad marketing strategy in my opinion.

Let's say if they sent 1m token to 50k addresses then maybe almost 50k peoples will know about the project and those 50k peoples will probably look for the price and will also try to learn more about that project.

Maybe some peoples will convert and will do promotional works (bounty) for them to earn more of those tokens. And from promotion, they may get investors to get funded up their project.

They send such low amount because they don't want peoples to dump the tokens when they will list the token in exchange. It's just a marketing startegy imo, and win win thing for them.

It's a good marketing strategy. I once joined an airdrop and it only took 10 days for my airdrop worth reaches 1000 usd JUST FOR FREE. And they only gave some coins to lucky 1000 people and I only waited for 10 days just to have 1000 dollars. Just imagine. Hodlers of a coin makes the coin's price go up.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
Raymondavid47

Activity: 546
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 09:24:38 PM

The motive behind airdrop is to create massive awareness for a project. Projects use airdrops to drastically increase the number of people in their Telegram group. Generally they use airdrops for publicity and social media outreach.
Tosyn2

Activity: 566
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 09:30:37 PM

I'm still wondering why developers will organize airdrops and distribute an amount of tokens which is far lesser than the minimum amount of the tokens that can be deposited on an exchange for trading. If you don't want the users to cash out the money, why do you let them waste their time?
For me I think the intention of majority of developers concerning airdrop is to gain cheap publicity for their projects. And the funniest thing is that people will not even think of the reward, they will just jump to every airdrop that comes their way. Although profitable airdrop had existed in the past.
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 09:37:32 PM

The motive behind airdrop is to create massive awareness for a project. Projects use airdrops to drastically increase the number of people in their Telegram group. Generally they use airdrops for publicity and social media outreach.
We all know that it is all about projects promotional but the worst thing it contributed to the community is that it never makes sense to us.
Joining airdrops is just a waste of time, mostly it turns into another bunch of shit coins and sometimes nothing to receive. I don't know why many of us trying luck into this, in fact, a lot of awareness came out of nothing good but still, they are joining on this fake promotional programs.
nekonyun

Activity: 882
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 09:44:35 PM

the motive behind aidrop is that there are two to promote the altcoin project and to make it as a reward for the success of the project. and why they give a small prize because we have to spread the aidrop called a referral program to get a big prize
Tyoks

Activity: 223
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 09:53:02 PM

I don't think that all the project developers who prepared the airdrop tokens were not like you said, because in 2017-2018 I got a number of airdrop tokens that could be saved in exchange for trading and the results I got were also pretty, although not too large.
maybe you are following airdrop, which is where the project is headed and maybe it's also a scam project because during this bearish market there are a lot of airdrop programs that are very unreasonable for the conditions to follow or with the results obtained.

adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 10:03:35 PM

Its just a way of distributing free coins. Most of the people are usually attracted towards free stuffs. So air drops become a way for the developers to spread out their coins while gaining the attention of mass people. We can say its actually a form of advertising their coins while also increasing its adoption.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Dacosta Osei-Tutu

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 11:24:00 PM

Majority of these airdrops are nothing but a waste of time. They are not even worth our attention. I can't imagine a project offering 2$ worth of coins and still be requesting for KYC.
gaj ahmada

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 11:40:14 PM

the existence of airdrop may be a marketing strategy carried out by developers so that coins are increasingly recognized by the public, with airdrop attracting people to know about the project and following airdrop to obtain tokens, there are indeed many airdrops that give little token for its users and in my opinion this strategy bad
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 05:27:53 AM

I think the purpose of airdrop is to fill their social media with crowd of peoples.
The more peoples join and supporting the project, the more investors will be attracted to investing.
Airdrop participants can hold their token for better value in the future if they cannot deposit it due low value.
Airdrop is not even supposed to be in large quantity, it’s just a small token distributed free to create further awareness, if they spend all the project money on campaign, how do we then expect the project to survive, so I wonder why people complain on things like this.

Airdrop is free and some doesn’t really demand much from one to have access to, and since it’s free and little, the receiver can further invest in it if he or she finds the project interesting, or like you said.
Just continue holding till the coin gain a special value in future, by the time he counts the number of airdrop he has, and he would be amazed at what they are capable of gaining in future.
Litzki1990

Activity: 1246
Merit: 346

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 06:26:36 AM

All the projects they have to make an airdrops most of the time there is a big help for the projects to be know more better to the community and investors through the social media like facebook, twitter, you tube, linked. They can acquire more investors to invest to their project.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 07:31:40 AM

An airdrop in the cryptocurrency on any given projects is just a marketing strategy. Developers or managers of a project do this so that they can advertise their token in the pretense that the token have value and they will get it for free. When in reality people that participate in airdrops are being used to advertise their project for almost little to no cost as the rewards that are given does not have value unless investors and users give value to the token.
Nesbee2

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 12:02:07 PM

Airdrop is a free token giveaway  as a way of advertising a new project or an old project that lacks awareness. with airdrop the developer will build a large community on social media and by so doing create a huge awareness concerning such a project.

Some investors get to know about a new project via tasks done by airdrop participants on social  media . so its to the advantage of the project.

For the effect on token price, if the developers know the right thing to do ,  airdrops wont affect the price  that much , even if aidroppers dump their free  tokens below ico price , with the activities of Team and potentials of the project  the price can actually moon again .

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
adncoin

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 12:15:48 PM

Airdrops are done by companies to promote their project and gain supporters from the people. Through this way, interested members will sign up for the project. For startups, this marketing strategy attracts traders/investors easily. But still some projects only do airdrops to gather the private details of users and simply gain attention within the crowd. Sometimes airdrops are also done to sustain the interest of users. For example a certain milestone has been reached and the company wants to give back to its community.
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1344
Merit: 288

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 12:16:42 PM

one of the importance of airdrop is to bring more awareness of the project to the public it's just like a form of advertising their project,  some of those who participated in the airdrop might buy some portion from such project and by completing a simple tasks such as facebook post or retweet lots of people will be aware of such project

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
darewaller

Activity: 2856
Merit: 639

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 12:18:16 PM

I think they are simply just using that as marketing strategy to create more awareness for the project, but I see it as a very wrong method of marketing because those that are getting the airdrop may not even pick interest in investing in their project, because virtually those who request to participate in airdrop are simply doing so to get free coin.

If I were those project developers and I am sure that the project has a real working product, I will rather prefer to use that airdrop fund to market that product through other social media platform or bill boards and from there introduce the coin to them, because airdrop is just a waste of money to me.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 12:23:46 PM

The introduction of a projeck and also adding communication because airdrop requires users who follow to follow or join their official. this can increase their community and also identify their program to many people. airdrop is an easy way for dev to reach social media and maybe more efficiently

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Dacosta Osei-Tutu

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 12:45:32 PM

Sometimes I wonder why they give out the tokens freely while they are still afraid that the coins will be dumped by the airdop participants.
Ss4sukE

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 12:49:52 PM

I don't really know the motive behind this airdrop, but many people think it's airdrops one of the promotional methods besides ico. But there are also those who think that airdrop is more profitable than social media campaigns. But I personally agree that airdrops are not profitable and also cannot be guaranteed that they are more feasible than social media campaigns.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄[/url (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 12:59:16 PM

The more users a particular altcoin is having, that much chances are there for it to survive in the future. And there is no better way of achieving this other than airdrops. A well advertised airdrop can get as many as 100,000 applications and even if we assume that half of them are from the scammers, it will leave the coin with 50,000 users.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: