Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:28:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can someone explain to me the motive behind airdrops?  (Read 1646 times)
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 06:03:00 AM

I'm still wondering why developers will organize airdrops and distribute an amount of tokens which is far lesser than the minimum amount of the tokens that can be deposited on an exchange for trading. If you don't want the users to cash out the money, why do you let them waste their time?
its some kind of strategy for them to get potential investor
its not really a waste of time for those who have nothing to do
crypto price is unpredictable even its worth nothing today
if the coin have some potential someday there a chance price will also rise

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 07:39:06 AM

Either bad strategy or not like some claimed on here right from day one airdrops has been around and many projects that started airdrop as means of awareness are still in existence today ,its not overall that bad

mbluxs

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 07:41:23 AM

Either bad strategy or not like some claimed on here right from day one airdrops has been around and many projects that started airdrop as means of awareness are still in existence today ,its not overall that bad
Actually this is a pretty good strategy done by the team to carry out promotions using social media and also add to their community. besides, this is usually more practical to do than advertisements that I think are not very effective in attracting many people.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 07:46:26 AM

Actually this is a pretty good strategy done by the team to carry out promotions using social media and also add to their community. besides, this is usually more practical to do than advertisements that I think are not very effective in attracting many people.
Inside crypto industry advertising is very important, if you can deal with promoting your token by giving free to participants wallets then you'll be able to get their attention and curiosity, after doing that you'll find new interest and if the team be able to provide deeper details regarding to their coins then investors will be brought to this project coming from the free airdrops.
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 12:09:11 PM

Airdrop or airdropping is a marketing strategy adopted by project teams so as to promote their project while rewarding community members who participate in doing so.
The painful side of airdrop is that, most teams now see it as a medium to leverage on the works of members while paying them little or nothing, or even coming up with excuses as why they won't pay .

labenea

Activity: 327
Merit: 1

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 12:59:34 PM

As far as I know Airdrop is a good marketing strategy, the team does it through social media campaigns. I see that currently there are also IEOs that implement airdrop systems and not just ICOs. I have followed this before but the income from the airdrops that I follow is not large so I stopped following this again.

───────     Decentralized Asset-Backed Banking     ───────
██  ███  ██████     TheStandard.io     ██████  ███  ██
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 01:55:54 PM

it is easy, they send worthless coins to increase number of tokenholders and make their token more liquid+ spread awareness. Airdrop is an easy way to let people know about you
Ezio_Auditore

Activity: 487
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 02:04:53 PM

I'm still wondering why developers will organize airdrops and distribute an amount of tokens which is far lesser than the minimum amount of the tokens that can be deposited on an exchange for trading. If you don't want the users to cash out the money, why do you let them waste their time?
Basically it is drawing attention to your coin. Developers allocate a small amount of tokens, and ordinary people begin to spread information about them on the Internet. It is not a fact that the token will cost something, but several investors will be attracted and the costs will be covered.

▰▰▰▰  TRONBOMB  ▰▰▰▰
▰▰▰▰    PLAY AND EARN DIVIDENDS    ▰▰▰▰
 Dice Roll    Lucky Wheel     To The Moon 
jonsky05

Activity: 229

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 02:13:26 PM

The motive of every project to give airdrop to cryptocians are to be known and to get investors to participate to their funding like ICO or IEO but not all airdrop is good and give you a good earnings. So make sure that if you really want to join a bounty that project is good and give good value.

⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️ Ferrum Network • High-Speed Interoperability Network for Financial Applications 📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀
https://ferrum.network
max6575

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 02:15:27 PM

for investors to work on extended of terms as appealing with use of selection on system and might with the following entrance to put on decision as the option as preparing new position on market with the bitcoin exchange.

TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 02:18:17 PM

it is easy, they send worthless coins to increase number of tokenholders and make their token more liquid+ spread awareness. Airdrop is an easy way to let people know about you
unfortunately what we get from airdrop sometimes has many values. therefore I myself don't want to do an airdrop campaign. I think it's just a waste of my time, especially for unclear projects, and asking for our documents as a condition for us to follow their campaign.
Inosend
Copper Member

Activity: 299

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 02:19:24 PM

Airdrops to my own understanding is done for marketing purposes. That I assume many projects do and that's why you get something that worths nothing from them. But some projects use it as a means of its distribution since maybe they will no be having any sales.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 02:24:16 PM

I'm quoting a perfect explanation from a airdrop alert site,
"Community building is most important for any start-up, not only the ones in the blockchain space. Proof of community is valuable for ICO's, STO's and IEO's.

If you're not paying for the product, you are the product.

By doing an airdrop or bounty the project creates awareness about their ICO or token. As a result, it brings people to the project that otherwise would not have heard about it. In addition it leads to token price appreciation, since people value a asset they own higher than a token they don't own. This is called the endowment effect.

Furthermore airdrops and bounties create a network of people who own the tokens. If you would list the token distribution after an ICO in a pie graph, a large part of the pie is still owned by the Developers or team. Another large part is owned by people who joined the pre-sale. Lastly, a reasonable part is owned by people who invested in the ICO. Therefor, an airdrop adds an extra slice to the pie and that slice will have the majority of people in it."

So, its just cheap advertisement and adding up followers and building in the community. You also becomes a part of the project for a small reward.
Chuky92
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 02:27:43 PM

Most of the time, Airdrop is done first by the team of an upcoming projects in other cases, already existing can still carry out an airdrop campaign. It is a marketing, promotion or awareness program or campaign which is used to draw investors attention to the project.

olamidey

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 02:30:28 PM

You have to look at it from the view point of marketing g and community building. This helps them to build telegram members while sharing links for airdrops. Same things applies for bounties. Most of this projects won't have been popular if not for bounties and airdrops. Creation of awareness, community engagement and Project hype

TopT3ns

Activity: 2604
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 02:35:36 PM

Airdrops to my own understanding is done for marketing purposes. That I assume many projects do and that's why you get something that worths nothing from them. But some projects use it as a means of its distribution since maybe they will no be having any sales.
Sometime when airdrop that no sale, they distribute airdrops to make bigger volume in market that they listed. But it is only my assume, because actually i don't know how they can be listed in market because we know it is not free.

EL-NIDO

Activity: 629
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 05:00:48 PM

It is a kind of marketing tool to attract potential investors and to be known more in the cryptocurrency market. But personally I am not participating in any airdrops because most of them are not worth it.
Wyndesam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 05:17:09 PM

Previously, airdrop worked very well in the market , now it is impossible to attract anyone in this way , before it lured a lot of investors for the ico.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram | Bip Wallet | Twitter
wumBowo

Activity: 770
Merit: 298

tozex.io

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 05:19:23 PM

simply it's about to create an awareness and sometimes it's such a grateful act to the community.
But yeah on the airdrops theres a good and theres a bad one.

Tozex