Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:32:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin halvening price speculation?  (Read 1020 times)
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 05:23:15 AM

i think litecoin is not relevent anymore as an investment especially after the emergence of alternative to it such bitcoin cash and bitcoin cash satochi vision as a play ground for future bitcoin protocol improvement
I don't think so, Litecoin supporters are still there and if you are observing how the project performed this year, it gives a high appraisal and profits to those who bought and hold it after being dumped down to its bottom, known alts will still move forward as bitcoin still getting more investors both new and old ones which can also be reflected to LTC value. LTC halving will lift the value of this coin to pumped up, OP's target is really achievable just hold and wait.

I have been observing this coin for months and I was not surprised that it slowly (I mean not as dramatic as BTC) when the current bullish movement started. I think this has the potential for more upward growth especially near and after the halving. As I already included Litecoin in my small crypto portfolio, I am also looking for regular updates and developments of this cryptocurrency...
DmitFomin

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

BTC $1 mln.

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 08:56:34 AM

i think litecoin is not relevent anymore as an investment especially after the emergence of alternative to it such bitcoin cash and bitcoin cash satochi vision as a play ground for future bitcoin protocol improvement
I don't think so, Litecoin supporters are still there and if you are observing how the project performed this year, it gives a high appraisal and profits to those who bought and hold it after being dumped down to its bottom, known alts will still move forward as bitcoin still getting more investors both new and old ones which can also be reflected to LTC value. LTC halving will lift the value of this coin to pumped up, OP's target is really achievable just hold and wait.
I have been observing this coin for months and I was not surprised that it slowly (I mean not as dramatic as BTC) when the current bullish movement started. I think this has the potential for more upward growth especially near and after the halving. As I already included Litecoin in my small crypto portfolio, I am also looking for regular updates and developments of this cryptocurrency...
This is true, Litecoin has a potential for growth and its price will rise, especially immediately before the reduction of payments to miners by half. I also included it in my investment portfolio and expect a profit of no less than similar projects can bring.

BTC $1 mln
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 09:46:21 AM

I have a bag of LTC. I am thinking about selling BEFORE the halvening. My target is like $220.
I plan to dump to BTC. Because ultimately I want more bitcoin, and altcoins are just a way of getting there.

When would you sell LTC with regard to the August halvening?
What use price seems reasonable? I’m thinking $200 range if achieved.  
I am usually quite confused about this halving sometimes, despite the little knowledge I have about its reward, some people believed this is the time price of such coin goes up, but from your point, seems you believe the price will go down, if not, why would you be selling before halving when you are supposed continue holding till after halving when the price will skyrocket.

Well, I am not an holdler of LTC so it would not really be a bad idea to me if you sell your LTC to bitcoin because whatever action you take as regards bitcoin investment will definitely ay you more than any action you take in LTC.
Bamelin

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 07:07:15 PM

I have a bag of LTC. I am thinking about selling BEFORE the halvening. My target is like $220.
I plan to dump to BTC. Because ultimately I want more bitcoin, and altcoins are just a way of getting there.

I am usually quite confused about this halving sometimes, despite the little knowledge I have about its reward, some people believed this is the time price of such coin goes up, but from your point, seems you believe the price will go down, if not, why would you be selling before halving when you are supposed continue holding till after halving when the price will skyrocket.

Well, I am not an holdler of LTC so it would not really be a bad idea to me if you sell your LTC to bitcoin because whatever action you take as regards bitcoin investment will definitely ay you more than any action you take in LTC.

You are correct.  The price will probably pump just before the halving based on FOMO, then dump right after -- HOWEVER -- with the supply cut, it's only a matter of time before the price skyrockets again to reflect the new reality of less supply.  So I think HODLING for 7 - 8 months after the LTC Halving is the smart play then converting to BTC once the LTC/BTC ratio has improved. 

Check out this article here:  https://www.reddit.com/r/LitecoinMarkets/comments/ba5qfq/interesting_article_looking_at_btc_halving_price/

It's BTC oriented but definitely applies to LTC.

zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 07:57:05 PM

Of course it will help the price. It already did and it will.

But still, there is a lot of time for it to happen and speculators will affect the price a lot. So if you are not a holder don't be greedy and set a target.

rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1349

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 08:42:11 PM

I'm thinking to buy some coins, but I need to confess that I'm not so sure yet
Maybe we are all thinking in a pump and nothing happens, or even everyone will try to sell before halving...I don't know  Huh

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 06:42:14 AM

Litecoin price not only depends on the halvening but also depends on the state of the bitcoin market, if the bitcoin can exceed the price of 11k and the possibility of up to 20k will be easier and litecoin may exceed $ 250 ..
I totally agree with your opinion, aside halving of litecoin coming soon, the coin will still get its value from bitcoin pump since it still belongs to the group of coins at the top 20 market, so the potential to reach higher value is there, so I don’t know what is making people think litecoin won’t increase when it has not turned to a shitcoin yet, although their performance has been a bit low lately after the bitcoin big dump from the last ATH, but there is always room for improvement and I am sure they are also not folding their arms, but will surely be trying their best too to keep up to expectation.
JeBro

Activity: 714
Merit: 10

Living is easy with eyes closed ...

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 06:12:01 PM

I suppose before the growth of Litecoin due to the halving, we will see a strong drop in the token that can reach 40 percent. Only then will strong growth follow.

DrBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 10:49:42 AM

Buy on rumors, sell on News
Tends to dump around the tine of halvening
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 11:44:18 AM

This is true, Litecoin has a potential for growth and its price will rise, especially immediately before the reduction of payments to miners by half. I also included it in my investment portfolio and expect a profit of no less than similar projects can bring.

According to the planned halving, the event is expected this August. It is possible that it is the decline in the miner’s reward for Litecoin mining can become the main fundamental reason for the optimism of investors. Indeed, after halving, LTC inflation will drop significantly, and the asset will by шт the better demand. A decrease in supply with an unchanged or increasing demand usually means that the price can go up.
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 01:23:34 PM

I guess LTC can increase more than $220 and I hope that it will happen later. But still, I only sell my LTC if the price can rise higher than now and perhaps, I will sell one by one of the LTC that I have. $200 of the price will be reasonable, and it could be more than that like I said before. We only need to buy more LTC if we are sure that LTC can reach that price before or after halving. I already get litecoin at the lower price, but I want to more LTC if somehow the price is down later so I can expect to make a big profit from LTC.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Hughes_Ryan

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 02:58:18 PM

I am impressed with the plan to sell your LTC. But I will not rush to sell LTC at 220, there may be a normal cut in August. Even though this price is X2 compared to the current. The LTC seems to be a sleeping giant and isolated by the market for speculation. But at this month I believe bull back LTC will come back.

m.rifki

Activity: 517

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 03:09:40 PM

I am impressed with the plan to sell your LTC. But I will not rush to sell LTC at 220, there may be a normal cut in August. Even though this price is X2 compared to the current. The LTC seems to be a sleeping giant and isolated by the market for speculation. But at this month I believe bull back LTC will come back.
whether it will happen or not. but you should examine the plan of achievement that has been made by the team for the next development. if you don't get it, I think the growth that happened might just follow what happened on the market. and they will not do the pump again.

consideritdone

Activity: 602
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 03:26:47 PM

only about 2 months to go son https://www.coingecko.com/en/explain/litecoin_halving
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 03:54:34 PM

I suppose before the growth of Litecoin due to the halving, we will see a strong drop in the token that can reach 40 percent. Only then will strong growth follow.

What makes you think so? Do you think that Litecoin can fall up to 60-70 dollars and less? I am waiting for the price growth after the halving of this cryptocurrency. The demand for the alt will go up then.
normanz
Copper Member

Activity: 327
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 04:43:18 PM

I think holding is better than selling too fast, litecoin will grow and will be able to exceed the target you expect, by being patient then we will be able to get satisfactory results.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 06:42:12 AM

The halving is coming, i bet the price will start pumping again. Litecoin has outperformed bitcoin and will continue to do so for the next couple of months. Hard to say what will happen afterwards

mcun2000

Activity: 32
Merit: 29

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 03:01:00 PM

I too have a stash of litecoin, mostly from mining, and am ultimately looking to convert most of it to bitcoin, as I think bitcoin is the long-term king of cryptocurrencies THAT serve as a store of monetary value (so no ETH in this case for me, although I do mine and have ETH).

Poster said he wants to convert LTC to BTC, and I have to suggest the better way to consider when to convert should be by looking at the LTC/BTC spot price, NOT the $USD value of litecoin!

In recent months one of the best times to sell LTC for BTC was the start of the recent bull run, when the altcoins pumped before BTC did. For example, on April 12, 2019, the LTC/BTC spot price hit a high of 0.01842. Now the spot right is only 0.013 or something. I am kicking myself for not converting some LTC for BTC at that time, because I wrongly thought LTC would get stronger.

Hopefully the LTC halving launches LTC/BTC to above 0.2. If that happens scoop up BTC with your LTC's.

Ekyfitri

Activity: 664
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 05:53:12 PM

The halving is coming, i bet the price will start pumping again. Litecoin has outperformed bitcoin and will continue to do so for the next couple of months. Hard to say what will happen afterwards
in what view has litecoin outperformed bitcoin? I don't think there are altcoins that can do that. Litecoin has risen very high but related to markets and communities I think bitcoin is still the highest with the most populous trade

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
kissubaby

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2019, 11:09:26 AM

I speculate it to hit $200 before settling down around $120 to $150 after halving.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: