Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:09:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are ICOs dead?  (Read 20114 times)
akungagal

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 01:43:29 PM

Not dead, but ICO has now decreased its interest. Certainly because the IEO has emerged and many people have switched to the IEO.
yup! it is true.
the IEO is currently being talked about and many investors are turning to the IEO but that does not mean the ICO is losing investors. some ICOs are still going well, indeed not as many as a few years ago but it proves that the ICO is still alive.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Firefoxx
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 02:15:17 PM

With the look of things,  they are not completely dead yet but they are no longer being talked about anymore either do people still think about engaging in projects which still offers ico. Some project still offers ico but the traction they get is nothing to write home about

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
10BTCaDay

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 02:19:42 PM

With the look of things,  they are not completely dead yet but they are no longer being talked about anymore either do people still think about engaging in projects which still offers ico. Some project still offers ico but the traction they get is nothing to write home about
they cannot be dead. it's just that ICO has now ceased to be itself and all of them changes their format to IEO. this is not surprising - evolution

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
alroys

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 02:49:40 PM

I agree with you, that ICO is not completely dead.  I am also sure that there will be a truly successful ICO, and make investors get a big profit.  It is true, we need stricter regulations to keep ICO Projects from irresponsible people.
lizarder

Activity: 1554
Merit: 877

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 03:08:30 PM

seen from now not yet in terms of sales there are still a lot of ico trying their luck but still their sales have declined slightly because people have switched to IEO a lot, and for the success of ico i only heard a few but mostly ico failed so i think ico is almost dying and better to stop.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
hohuan101

Activity: 335
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 03:40:11 PM

Interesting article about the death of ICOs and the emergence of IEO... https://cryptotradernews.com/investing-trading/are-icos-really-dead/

What do you guys think? I don't think ICOs are fully dead. They just need to be regulated in more efficient ways. Most ICOs from 2017-2018 never delivered on their promises because they were being ran by a bunch of assholes who didn't deliver squad... We need more regulation. Only then will ICOs get better imo.
I agree with your opinion. Therefore, the IEO was created to ensure that =))

That is the best way for both investors and projects at the moment.

Have a good day bro!!
roosbit

Activity: 891
Merit: 43

Random coins :)

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 03:56:17 PM

Interesting article about the death of ICOs and the emergence of IEO... https://cryptotradernews.com/investing-trading/are-icos-really-dead/

What do you guys think? I don't think ICOs are fully dead. They just need to be regulated in more efficient ways. Most ICOs from 2017-2018 never delivered on their promises because they were being ran by a bunch of assholes who didn't deliver squad... We need more regulation. Only then will ICOs get better imo.

Checking all my wallet those coming from ICO bounty I've participated I can shout that ICOs are dead, some paused their ICo for lack of investors, some faked their sales to attract investors and most of them failed to create their platform for lack of support, so what can we expect more.
This is pretty much a fact, ICOs are dead!

• 1st few deliver on getting listed on an exchange which is paramount for most of us
  • IEO unlike ICOs are investing less in marketing so more money for the project
  • IEOs haven't been invaded by scammers yet, in terms of tEam and everything so this is an exit sign for ICOs
  • between IEOs and ICOs it seems ICOs are struggling to reach their sales targets which is another sign to show these are dead and the future is now IEO

As much as I would say ICOs are dead, IEOs are just an organised version of ICOs so there isn't much of a difference between the two.
cahkalem

Activity: 562
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 04:23:12 PM

regulation ? for what ?
this is crypto my friend, as i knew crypto created because of privacy
so, i don't think if we need regulation on ICO, and thats my personal opinion
Ferrum Network
Copper Member

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

Ferrum Network - Team Admin Account

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2019, 04:25:44 PM

ICO's are not dead, but the environment has changed. For example, Ferrum Network is paving the way for how business should be conducted during and ICO and post-ICO, with microcaps, transparency of funds and reserve models.

The IEO model is highly predatory for crypto-start ups and peak in growth right before the IEO is traded, thus any growth of the crypto is in steady decline due to max hype movements during the IEO process, due to be shilled out by exchanges.

If you truly want to see what an ICO should be like in this era of crypto, feel free to check out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5134952

Or join us: https://t.me/ferrum_network

⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️ Ferrum Network • High-Speed Interoperability Network for Financial Applications 📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀
https://ferrum.network
campusnet

Activity: 481
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 04:30:43 PM

regulation ? for what ?
this is crypto my friend, as i knew crypto created because of privacy
so, i don't think if we need regulation on ICO, and thats my personal opinion
that's what made many new projects indicated a scam. there are many such projects because there are no regulations that have been set up like what Korea has done. therefore some ICO projects from Korea still have good enthusiasts.

Free1bitco.in

Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 04:37:21 PM

For genuine project funds isn't to all success. Some ICO has members and also investor, don't need urgent funds to set everything.
for now, it can be said that ICO still exists, it's just very difficult to find investors when the project is not so good. besides, people prefer the IEO over the ICO for some reason. if the IEO had a good impact this year, I think a number of years will come, ICO really won't be used anymore.
valter_dego

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 04:43:57 PM

I also think that ICO as a form of crowdfunding didn't meet expectations of most investors, because this method of collecting investments was more used by scammers.
gunhell16

Activity: 1694
Merit: 476

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 04:55:02 PM

ICO are not dead though there are so many problem before and some is just a scam.
And now it is being develop and changing it to IEO.
Which will give us better security on investmenting in the team project.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

yangongear

Activity: 447

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2019, 05:08:13 PM

It doesn't really die, it's just changing its form. Now most ICOs turn to investment organizations (VCs), because individual investors seem to be no longer interested in ICO. Or IEO is also a popular way today. It is essentially an ICO.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2019, 05:43:49 PM

Once the reputation is lost, it is very difficult to regain it. It could have been easier to defend the ICOs, if only two or three of them turns out to be scams among the hundreds of new projects. But nowadays a solid majority of the new ICOs are being classified as scams. Under such circumstances, even the most dare-devil investor would think twice before investing his hard earned money.
m.rifki

Activity: 517

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 06:11:47 PM

ICO is not dead yet, but nowadays ICO projects attract fewer and fewer people, and if it continues to be so, ICO projects will really start to die out
when my ICO dies we will be easy they will replace it with the IEO, isn't that simple. this is just a sales system problem to get investment. IEO or ICO is not a problem. even in the IEO there are already many scam projects that we have seen.

Barracuda

Activity: 514

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 06:28:57 PM

Not entirely ICO is said to be dead. It's just that people are more likely to be careful in investing. Because many people argue that ICO is mostly a scam. So, don't worry about this. Because you can still find a good ICO, but you must remember that you must do the overall research for the project.
Impaler

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 09:50:13 PM

I don't think that the icos are dead. Yeah they changed a bit and the icos are not working good today instead of the IEOs are here. In last year the whole ICOs market was down they are almost dead for many reasons. And the most important reasons are scams adnd failed project. So there is no trust factors. But after IEOs came they came with many big names. So investors are interested again and the whole IEOs thing is more trusted that ICOs. And they are doing well now. For me ICOs were evolved to IEOs . That's it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 01:56:37 AM

Many of the ICOs have indeed perished without a trace. It is sad but it is also something I am personally angry about. Many of those projects are dead not because of the bear market that followed after 2017. Many of them are dead because the team never really wanted to pursue whatever they started. They were dead because right from the start they were solely designed to earn money.
pageraji

Activity: 966

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 02:00:05 AM

Not dead but say they are on the verge of dying but I think with timely regulation as you rightly stated could bring things back. Even with that it will take time for people to gain trust in it again. At the moment its all about IEO's.
ICO is dead and become zombie now  Grin, and so many people and investor are afraid to join ICO, its safe to join IEO in big exchange like binance
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: