Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:33:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are ICOs dead?  (Read 20114 times)
robattfield

Activity: 783
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 11:33:29 PM

Interesting article about the death of ICOs and the emergence of IEO... https://cryptotradernews.com/investing-trading/are-icos-really-dead/

What do you guys think? I don't think ICOs are fully dead. They just need to be regulated in more efficient ways. Most ICOs from 2017-2018 never delivered on their promises because they were being ran by a bunch of assholes who didn't deliver squad... We need more regulation. Only then will ICOs get better imo.
ICO is not dead, it is just going through the most difficult period. The market went down, which led to ICO projects not having enough capital to maintain, and it was also directly competitive from the IEO. But all will be fine, calmly wait. The IEO is just a short-term trend and it will soon be removed. After all, only ICO is really useful.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 11:43:41 PM

Not dead, but dying. Of the recent examples of successful ICOs, I know only one. Ferrum Network, ICO raised $ 300,000, and is now trading at a price of 1.5 from the price of sales. Not the best result, but not the worst.

Nurma.A

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 02:22:09 AM

ICO is not dead. More precisely there are already many who do not use ICO. Although there are still a few. Investors trust IEO more. Compared to ICO, IEO is far more useful. Moreover, if the IEO conducted on the exchange are already popular. Then, tokens will be sold out in a few minutes.

Plinteng

Activity: 285
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 05:44:28 AM

fully ico is not dead, ico is dying because a lot of ico has ended in fraud, plus the emergence of the current IEO project is more favored by investors. ICO seems to have lost some public trust but I'm not saying that ico is really dead.

Jr Member

Join EpsiLoan's Seed Sale!
((((     EPSILOAN.xyz     ))))
Fair launch, No VCs or Insiders
Tccrypto

Activity: 296
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2019, 05:22:35 PM

The season for icos are pretty gone, investors are no longer interested in new startups like they used to, and also the rise in ico scams led to total lack of trust for any ico project in the industry

✦ RachelX ✦
 ❝THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY❞
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 08:24:18 PM

I feel that ICOs are not dead it has only transformed into another form which is IEO. They are both fund raising process but IEO is just an upgrade on ICOs and it addresses the issues with ICOs.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2019, 08:44:09 PM

not yet, until now I still see some ICO although not as excited as a few years ago.

ICO is not dead. More precisely there are already many who do not use ICO. Although there are still a few. Investors trust IEO more. Compared to ICO, IEO is far more useful. Moreover, if the IEO conducted on the exchange are already popular. Then, tokens will be sold out in a few minutes.
IEO is very surprising at this time especially IEO held a large exchange because in an hour the token will be SOLD OUT. Investor confidence in IEO is very high.

altscaner

Activity: 269
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 08:48:33 PM

I don't know, but now I rarely find an ico project that is currently developing and becoming a trend is ieo, and some ico actually do a new way of holding ieo after their ico is finished, so now the possibility of ico is dead because they don't have any interest.

Iykecollinz
Copper Member

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 09:48:47 PM

Gone are the days when we see a proliferation of ICO's littered everywhere here. Their unpopularity has equally decreased the site traffic of most ICO sites. The IEO idea was a great and safer Innovation for new project listing. No more ICO scams and a lot of the shenanigans associated with it

hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 09:56:12 PM

The death of most ICOs as of the year 2017 was because most of these projects were launched out of thin air. They had no specific problem that they were meant to solve and also most of the projects could not actually leave up to their promises when the market crushed in the year 2018. A few of them are still thriving though.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
spydee1522

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 10:04:57 PM

ICO's are not dead, ICO's do exist and it takes the vigilant eye of a research to determine the legitimacy of the ICO project. Most ICO's seem dead but this is not so because most of them need funds and resources to move forward towards their goal or mission and the introduction of IEO is now familiar as tokens are being sold out quickly as compared to ICO.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
Impaler

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 11:12:22 PM

I don't think so. The icos were very mush popular in 2017 and early 2018. After that for many reasons like scams ,failed project or market conditions they started to fail. But a new process of fundraising was came to the market that's IEOs. And now IEOs are the main things for new projects. They are very much trusted most of them which comes with great Exchanges and also very much profitable. There is also some ICOs available but they are not as good as ICOs. Sonicos are not purely dead they kind of upgraded to IEOs.thats it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 12:42:03 AM

I agree that ICO is not dead. There are several projects that prefer the ICO path and are able to achieve the target soft cap. Maybe IEO is faster in achieving the target but for new projects that are raising funds, paying exchanger at a high price is a difficult choice for the developer team
Menawi12

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 01:20:48 AM

Interesting article about the death of ICOs and the emergence of IEO... https://cryptotradernews.com/investing-trading/are-icos-really-dead/

What do you guys think? I don't think ICOs are fully dead. They just need to be regulated in more efficient ways. Most ICOs from 2017-2018 never delivered on their promises because they were being ran by a bunch of assholes who didn't deliver squad... We need more regulation. Only then will ICOs get better imo.

In my opinion, altcoins and ICO project depend mostly on the general price of this cryptocurrency market. At this time when I read your post, the price has stable and not rise. So that I think in the next moth, if the price goes up, the ICO project will recover soon

Indeed, market growth will affect ICO or IEO. But in my opinion, IEO is experiencing rapid growth compared to ICO because of the faster listing factor. ICO will continue to grow and only projects with good quality can reach the hard cap target. I am agree that regulation needed in ICO to reduce scammer

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
spydee1522

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 11:59:37 PM

ICO's are not dead and the fact that most ico projects are not succeeding does not mean ico's are dead. most of these projects are not able to reach their goal or aim since only few amount has been raised by them and it takes more than that to reach their full potential. some just needs funds to make it boom in this crypto world.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
Denongels

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 03:33:24 AM

nope, if ico dies maybe there is no new ico anymore but now there are still many new ico that appear and some still get enough funds it's just that I think it's different from the year 2017/2018, now ico is not getting too much funding.

senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 04:02:27 AM

I am still involved in ICO projects that most often succeed. Of course, some of them do not collect the necessary funds, however, in my opinion, fraudulent projects are becoming smaller. Therefore, the activities of the ICO continue, despite many difficulties. Of course, earnings have now fallen significantly, but we hope that the tokens we earned will increase in value over time.
mdenys

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 02:04:19 PM

Icos are not dead but they are not so hyped as in 2017 ,some projects are really worth investing in them,byt sure thing there are also lots of suspisious projects ,so always do a deep research before making investments.
March21

Activity: 177

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 02:41:25 PM

ICO is not dead. It's just that IEO is more trusted in token sales. In fact, in just 3-5 seconds of sales, all the tokens have been sold. For example deepcloud. It is my experience yourself. I think, for them, their tokens are sold out and benefit investors.

Rafif000

Activity: 178

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 08:26:37 PM

ICO is not dead but changed its name or new method of collecting funds,and it's also a business so there will always be new projects emerge so we must be more careful before investing in ico and we must research further before participating,
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: