Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:07:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hundred Bitcoin Homepage  (Read 175 times)
samcottam (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 08:48:03 PM

I want to introduce everyone to a new personal project of mine: The Hundred Bitcoin Homepage

https://www.thehundredbitcoinhomepage.com

It’s based on the original Million Dollar Homepage by Alex Tew - but with a twist.

The Hundred Bitcoin Homepage is a website with a 1,000,000 pixels of advertising space for sale, available by a 100 x 100 grid of 100 pixel blocks on the homepage of the website. Advertisers can buy real estate on the homepage of the site, with a graphic advert and a dofollow link back to their website.

The website accepts payment by Bitcoin only, and each pixel is for sale for 100 satoshis - minimum order is 100 pixels - 10000 satoshi’s / 0.01 BTC

You can buy pixels here: https://www.thehundredbitcoinhomepage.com/buy/

The buyers advert will be live on the website indefinitely - or at least until I am 6 feet under (and I still have a few years left in me yet!).

Here’s the twist - When website owners purchase ad space on the homepage, for every 100 pixels they buy, they gain a lifetime entry to a Bitcoin prize raffle that is drawn every 100 blocks or 10,000 pixels of advertising space that we sell.

There will be a total of 100 prize draws over the websites lifetime and the prize is 0.10 BTC every draw until all of the advertising space on the website is sold.

The more pixels you buy, the more of a chance you have of winning 0.10 BTC when each draw is initiated. A winner is picked every 100 blocks (10000 pixels) that we sell and is chosen using a random number generator.

All winners will be posted on the “Previous Winners” page as and when the time comes:

https://www.thehundredbitcoinhomepage.com/winners/

Also, for every 100 pixels that advertisers purchase, we set aside 20% for marketing costs.  This ensures the website gets the exposure that it will need, help raise the domain authority and traffic to the website whilst giving advertisers maximum coverage and link juice!!!

The complete breakdown of the BTC fund share over the time of the website will be as follows:

Prize Winners - 10% - 10 BTC
    Website Owners: 70% - 70 BTC
    Advertising/Marketing - 20% - 20 BTC

I built this website initially just to sell pixel adverts and was planning to keep 100% of the profits. However, I thought it would be a good idea to give something back to the community by adding a prize draw to the site and also spending 20% of the funds on marketing that would help advertisers and the project by increasing exposure and increasing the domain authority of the site.

All adverts will be placed within maximum 24-48 hours (sometimes quicker) of purchasing a spot and your advert will be live on the website indefinitely. It costs only 0.01 BTC to place an advert, anyone who does so will see this is a legitimate opportunity. Please read the terms and conditions on the buy page carefully.

Any useful comments you have on how the site can be improved I’m open to hearing them. Thanks and enjoy The Hundred Bitcoin Homepage - don’t forget to share!! : )

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 04:12:18 AM

This is fourth or fifth  website I encountered that is based on million dollar homepage.

Guys, Use your brain to create something innovative, instead of copying the same idea again and again.

I am alive
samcottam (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 07:26:24 AM

Yeh, there has been lots of remakes of The Million Dollar Homepage, but I've only ever seen one other accepting BTC and I've never seen any that offer rewards to the advertisers.

Honestly for me, this was a bit of fun, and considering this is a crypto forum I thought I'd post it here to see if anyone did find it remotely interesting and I will still be promoting it no matter anyones opinion on it  Cheesy

But thanks for your comment!!
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 07:42:40 AM

Yeh, there has been lots of remakes of The Million Dollar Homepage, but I've only ever seen one other accepting BTC and I've never seen any that offer rewards to the advertisers.

Honestly for me, this was a bit of fun, and considering this is a crypto forum I thought I'd post it here to see if anyone did find it remotely interesting and I will still be promoting it no matter anyones opinion on it  Cheesy

I like your attitude. Use it to invest in a cool project.. this is this child's play.
Spend some time exploring this project development section and the technical discussions sections. Find out what the leading problems are in this sphere and you will soon find the idea and inspiration you need for a proper project.
samcottam (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 07:59:25 AM

I like your attitude. Use it to invest in a cool project.. this is this child's play.
Spend some time exploring this project development section and the technical discussions sections. Find out what the leading problems are in this sphere and you will soon find the idea and inspiration you need for a proper project.

Thanks Joseph Smiley This is just one of many small projects of mine, but have a keen interest in crypto and wanted to start off with something simple to get my teeth in to it.
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 02:18:01 PM

Thanks Joseph Smiley This is just one of many small projects of mine, but have a keen interest in crypto and wanted to start off with something simple to get my teeth in to it.

Anything else you're working on? Looking to collaborate on something cool? Send me a message and let's talk.
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 905

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 05:34:56 PM

This is fourth or fifth  website I encountered that is based on million dollar homepage.

Guys, Use your brain to create something innovative, instead of copying the same idea again and again.

The million dollar homepage idea by Alex Tew is one of the most stupid online business ideas I've ever seen.I wonder why it was so successful.Good luck with the crypto homepage,OP.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3051

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2019, 09:31:53 PM

Good luck with the crypto homepage,OP.

You shouldn't encourage scammers to scam.   Tongue

I call this a scam because the website promises "Win Bitcoin For Life Buying Pixel Ads" and the OP promises "The buyers advert will be live on the website indefinitely - or at least until I am 6 feet under"

BUT
- a new anonymous account was created to announce it. 
- domain registration contact info is illegally empty (too cheap to buy domain privacy)
- the domain is registered for just one year.

Let's say this takes off at the start (improbable but possible) then no new pixels are sold.  The cheap OP will not spend money to renew the registration when his other option is just to let it expire.  No consequences for him IRL and he has already taken your bitcoin.  :/

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
LoyceMobile

Activity: 1651
Merit: 686

LoyceV on the road. Or couch.

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2019, 09:46:20 PM

You're confusing Satoshis for Bits, that's not encouraging to send your $850,000.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████