Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:04:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please make me know the usefulness of this forum as a new member.  (Read 392 times)
Splash47 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 11:36:17 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2019, 11:58:23 AM by Splash47

Am new here in bitcointalk, and I have been hearing my friends discussing the important and usefulness of this forum but every since I came in am still unable to understand how really this forum works. It will be a big pleasure to me if anyone can dedicate there time to tutor me on how to use and benefit from this forum so I don't get stuck in the hands internet fradster. Thanks for your time

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IMadeYouReadThis

Activity: 56
Merit: 14

GROW THROUGH, WHAT YOU GO THROUGH

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 12:06:54 PM

You should first read the rules to be followed here and if you do not break any of them you are free to use this forum. You can teach and learn more about crypto and many other things here.

Link to unofficial forum rules: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

“It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.” ~Albert Einstein
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 12:25:02 PM

What do you want out of it? Opportunities? Learning? Reviews? It's whatever you need it to be.

You'd be better off identifying what you want from it first and going from there.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4150

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2019, 12:40:33 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

The forum was founded by satoshi now managed by theymos, the reason behind the creation must have been to create a forum where information related to bitcoin/blockchain can be discussed but currently the forum have expended to accomodating other discussion other than bitcoin which includes cryptocurrency (Altcoins), exchanges, ICO/IEO, airdrop, bounty etc.

So for the usefulness of the forum, it can serve as a social media for cryptocurrency enthusiast, a news media to get the lastest development in the industry, a learning/teaching center to acquire knowledge on blockchain/cryptocurrency technology or pass on knowledge to the next generation of cryptocurrency enthusiast etc (the usefulness of the forum is numerous, you just have to choose which best suits you).

And as for the benefits, the most important is you get a first class access to scam or possible scam related projects, airdrop, bounties, ICO etc on scam Accusation board before it even gets to the news media to prevent you from falling prey to scammers. Other benefits have already been highlighted in the usefulness section of this post above and also you can monetize your signature, profile url or text and avatar for some bitcoin/Altcoin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 02:40:04 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

It's pretty much just like any other forum out there(besides the strict rules). Someone posts a topic, you reply when you want to converse and give your own opinion concerning the topic. That, or you can start your own topic as well, whether you'd like opinions from the community, or if you want to ask a question. That's pretty much it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sharon121212

Activity: 280
Merit: 215

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 03:10:07 PM

Your account was created on 26 may 2019 which is not more than 48hours from this your post so it's not surprising that you are yet to get your hand around the forum.
Be warned this is not a very fast money earning forum.
This is a forum which has numerous users sharing ideas, knowledge and sometimes business transcations

You can learn form the forum by asking questions by creating posts on the appropriate boards. For example
Bitcoin related questions should go here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=1.0
Altcoin related questions should go here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0
And so on just check the name of the board and you would understand what type of post is required there.

You can earn from the forum:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1629118.0 by signing up for signature  where you will be paid for making intelligent post but before you can partake you need to rank up
Read this for more information on ranking https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

But to stay on the right track you ought to get yourself familiar with the rules
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

Also read this as a newbie https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.0

Watch out for scams why you are here on the forum.
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 04:10:44 PM

It will be a big pleasure to me if anyone can dedicate there time to tutor me on how to use and benefit from this forum so I don't get stuck in the hands internet fradster.
Seriously you should be the one who dedicate time to know more and fully understand what's this forum is about otherwise crypto currency. It's you and yourself. Don't be used in spoon feeding. Explore and you'll grow.

All the necessary information is on the stickies in every board, so all you have to do is to read, read, read and read as much as you could.

Btw, welcome aboard. See you around.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 04:28:32 PM

IF your into speculative mining this is the best place to find new coins before the difficult skyrockets.  You can make a lot of money doing this but it is very risky.

The smart people hang out in technical discussion and mining speculation so if you wan't real insight head over there. 

Off topic section never fails to entertain me. Grin
anu1908

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 04:48:57 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

ask your friend dude. why need to go through the hard route if you already have friends that know what this forum is about.
and don't stop reading. most of the time you can find the answer by searching and reading carefully.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10748

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2019, 05:03:17 PM

<…>
We could also spin the question around and perform a copy/spin/paste (*) of one of Kennedy’s most well know quotes, replacing “country” for “forum”…

(*) Warning, it is not recommended to perform the copy/spin/paste procedure outside one’s own mind, and certainly do not consider doing it in a tangible manner on the forum by means of a post. Penalties for such actions are heavy and carried out now with the aid of bots and legions of volunteer reporters.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2019, 08:42:51 PM

In general, Bitcointalk works same like all other forums. People who are interested in crypto discuss here about trading, economics, crypto adoption, politics, technical things and etc. There is probably one thing why Bitcointalk is different from other forums - it's signature campaigns what is unique thing which can be found only on Bitcointalk. But you just registered here, this thing shouldn't be your point of interests.
Maybe you should ask yourself first - why did you came here and how you want to benefit from this forum. Do you want to gain knowledge here. Are youvplanning to do business here or you want to earn money here?
I think you should start with pinned topics on every board and rules of Bitcointalk. Read it - it will be a good start.

Splash47 (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 12:23:52 AM

I have really learn allot here today, thank you all for fining time to tutor me I really appreciate our conversation and kindness
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 12:36:49 AM

Am new here in bitcointalk, and I have been hearing my friends discussing the important and usefulness of this forum but every since I came in am still unable to understand how really this forum works. It will be a big pleasure to me if anyone can dedicate there time to tutor me on how to use and benefit from this forum so I don't get stuck in the hands internet fradster. Thanks for your time
Welcome to the forum.

This forum is a knowledge sea, if you stick here then you will learn about cryptocurrency (Bitcoin and other altcoins) mainly and you will also learn about the virtual world.

There are many things you need to learn if you are a complete newbie and don't know anything about crypto, such as Bitcoin concept, how it works, what is blockchain, how mining works, how crypto trading works etc, etc.

Follow the steps to start your crypto journey,

1. Read the forum rules
2. Read every sticky in every board or the sections which make you interested
3. Read
4. Read more
5. Read more & more
6. Think
7. Think more
8. Think more & more
9. Always use escrow
10. Do not break forum/community rules
11. Do not buy bitcointalk account, merit or trust
12. Contribute to the forum as much as you can
13. Do not think this forum is a money printing machine

If you follow everything above then after 1yr you will be a good member, knowledgeable member here. Good Luck!
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 04:16:22 AM

You can almost fund everything related to crypto currencies in this forum and also there are many experienced people who will help you in case of any need for you related to cryptos even with intensive technical related queries.
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2019, 09:06:46 AM

Learn the basic first and I suggest you to read a lot OP because there are so many technicalities in cryptocurrency. You can start reading about what is cryptocurrency and it will lead you to another topic like how cryptocurrency works, the different kinds of digital wallets, how to transfer coins, how to buy and earn bitcoins, what are altcoins and what is mining. There are a lot of things to learn OP so start first from scratch. You can do it yourself just do use also the search button on this forum if you have question regarding some technical terms and guides.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 01:20:03 PM

Since you are Newbie in this forum site I want to Welcome you, first thing you need to do is read the forum rules and regulation then I will ask you what do you want to know about this forum? You want learning or earning well both of this can be here you need to explore the forum a lot of usefull thread are here like upcoming new project, events and happening in the crypto world.

2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 02:59:24 PM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (2), akamit (1)

Nobody can spoon-feed you about anything here and you need to learn everything by yourself, your experience will fulfill your expectations here.

To prevent yourself from being scammed, use a reputed escrow of the forum. I can give you the link but I want you to find it on your own.

To not get banned, don't copy-paste anybody's content either from here or internet as it is one of the toughest permabans called plagiarism ban which will never allow you to come back here and post. Your spam can also get you banned for a range between 6 days to a few months to permaban.

Try to avoid posting in topics you don't have relevant information about because those posts will get reported and deleted by mods if not found on-topic.

This forum allows trust settings where you can keep/remove and adjust people's trust levels according to how you want to see them (however that doesn't change anything for others unless you have a depth of DT1 or DT2. Trust is for successful trades of goods/services or information as well as contribution to this forum. Though, you may get red tagged by someone for anything but don't worry because if the tag has got no sufficient proof or reason to prove you wrong, that tag will be ignored.

Forum also has sections where you can discuss Bitcoin and altcoins as well as the same in your local language too. It has also provided boards where you can trade goods/services I already told about before.

You can ask technical queries related to miners and other hardware related issues and also indulge into speculative discussions to know where BTC will be going. You can also talk about mining and its difficulty levels and ask about blockchain and its features without any hesitation 'and there is a search button up there on top right which you can use to find your questions if already asked before you post the same question'.

That's what I know about this forum in a whole and trust me nobody will tell you everything, but give you a short intro just like I did. Except this, you need to start your journey and learn more yourself.
tenstois

Activity: 48
Merit: 3

Dream big Aim for the sky make it happen

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 06:19:05 AM

As you can see there is so many threads to read here a guide a tutorial or a discussion its your choice what will you read, your question will be your own discovery this forum not only made to a pro its for all even those who started by nothing make a research first soon enough you will be the one giving information and not the newbie asking how will you start

Only your mind gave you weakness
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 08:23:21 AM

By using the forum effectively, you will have good experience to cry like a baby whilst you are a newbie here whenever you break forum rules. Fact is forum has lots of rules (links to find them posted above by others), and related strict punishments. The orders for you in the forum should be:
- Read rules > Accept rules and related punishments - Read basic guides - Try not violating rules
- Read before thinking of posting; and only post when you have reasons to  make posts.
Then, you will be definitely, and can get lots of things in the forum (that you will discover yourself later), because this one is the biggest one in crypto.
Whenever you got troubles, you should visit there to find available answers (you mostly find available answers there) [GUIDES] on Bitcointalk. Index thread (until there is a dedicated subforum?)
netwin

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 08:28:39 AM

Like everyone already said you must be willing to read and learn on your own. You need to become a self-learner first and foremost. You can’t just expect things to be handed out to you. You will find a LOT of great information on this forum but also look at outside sources and make a list of articles to read and videos to watch. Also, while you learn, make sure you invest in cryptocurrencies (even if it’s just a few dollars each month). This will speed things up - but never invest money you can't afford to lose because while you are learning, you may lose some money - that's just how you learn.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: