Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:42:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction stuck at 0 conf - but blockchain confirmed already?  (Read 915 times)
vegeto079 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:02:36 AM

I have an incoming transaction that's 5 days old (March 08) that still says zero confirmations. When I right click it and press "view on blockchain.info" it shows that (currently) it has 942 confirmations. All of my other transactions going to the same address are fine, but this one is stuck in "unconfirmed" in the client, regardless of how confirmed the actual transaction seems to be.

Here's the transaction.

Thank you!
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 03:58:59 AM

Look in the bottom-right corner of Armory, It should say (approx)  "Connected (290474 blocks)".

My guess is that it shows a number far less than 290,474.    Did you move your Bitcoin-Qt/bitcoind datadir recently?  When this happens, it's usually that someone puts Bitcoin-Qt in a different place, but Armory keeps reading the old, stale blockchain in the original directory.  So it will never see new blocks.   Just a hunch...

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
vegeto079 (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:07:21 AM

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the issue: see this image, it semes to be up to date.

I haven't moved my data directory recently, in fact I haven't touched it for a very long time. The only recent thing I've done is create a new wallet, although up until this point everything was running smoothly (including those other transactions to the same wallet).

Here is the transaction info, if it helps.

I have Bitcoin-Qt running from syslinked directory, but Armory running from the default directory. I've not had any issues with that for a long time though; it's not a recent change.
vegeto079 (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:30:55 PM

Any help? The transaction is 10 days old and still held up with "zero confirmations" even though it's at 1689 now Sad
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:57:35 AM

Need a log file at this point. This is a sync issue most likely, however verifiy it is the right address you have in your wallet ledger on the Armory side, and send up a log at support@bitcoinarmory.com with a link to this thread.

jaebird

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:04:43 PM

This happened to me once. I cleared unconfirmed and rebuilt database and the transaction appeared. The behavior is what you described: Connected with current block height but 0 confirmations on an incoming transaction that was old and already deep in the blockchain.
vegeto079 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:43:18 PM

This happened to me once. I cleared unconfirmed and rebuilt database and the transaction appeared. The behavior is what you described: Connected with current block height but 0 confirmations on an incoming transaction that was old and already deep in the blockchain.

Thank you, going to Help>Clear All Unconfirmed is what fixed the problem for me. The transaction is appearing as normal now. Cheers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: