Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:43:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crowdfunding for Personal Use?  (Read 939 times)
BitPhotos (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

MTA, ACA

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 04:18:59 AM

Hey guys I have a quick question, as you may see a lot of stuff is going around about crowdfunding right now. My question is, is it appropriate to crowdfound for more of a personal use? Heres why: I need to get a camera to pursue my interest in photography and videography. I was thinking about using a crowdfunding service to get the rest of the Bitcoin I need. I just wanna know what you guys think of this. Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:35:33 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 04:49:14 AM by franky1

crowdfunding is like a loan, but using many investors/donators rather then just one service. in some cases, you have to repay

using a crowdfunding service that requires your personal ID address, proof of intentions for the funds. basically not sounding like an anonymous beg, but more of a legit business plan. then yes, you could probably get funding for your camera,

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BitPhotos (OP)

MTA, ACA

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 10:53:18 AM

crowdfunding is like a loan, but using many investors/donators rather then just one service. in some cases, you have to repay

using a crowdfunding service that requires your personal ID address, proof of intentions for the funds. basically not sounding like an anonymous beg, but more of a legit business plan. then yes, you could probably get funding for your camera,

sounds good! thanks! do you know of any websites or services like described?

E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:21:13 PM

Alright firstly not considering it as a loan request, how much do you think a camera is going to cost??? as mentioned clearly you want to pursue your interest in it so surely don't need a high end very pro looking and specs camera at the start i guess!! search ebay for a used one instead if you have low budget. Also you can ask for a loan in the lending section providing the collateral as needed but you definitely don't need crowdfunding  to buy a camera. good luck   
BitPhotos (OP)

MTA, ACA

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 07:43:08 PM

Alright firstly not considering it as a loan request, how much do you think a camera is going to cost??? as mentioned clearly you want to pursue your interest in it so surely don't need a high end very pro looking and specs camera at the start i guess!! search ebay for a used one instead if you have low budget. Also you can ask for a loan in the lending section providing the collateral as needed but you definitely don't need crowdfunding  to buy a camera. good luck   

I know! I already decided on a good beginner DSLR. it costs about 1 BTC with the lens which is a pretty fair price. I dont wanna use ebay because i wanna make my first big purchase with bitcoin! Also i cant ask for a loan for two reasons, 1) i dont have a collateral of equal or greater value or else i would have bought the camera by now lol and 2) i dont really have a way of paying it back quickly at the moment! Thanks for your suggestion though!

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:26:42 PM

The largest sites are still for fiat, but we are making progress.
A large site in South America just started accepting BTC, but right now I forgot the name.

BitPhotos (OP)

MTA, ACA

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 08:41:25 PM

The largest sites are still for fiat, but we are making progress.
A large site in South America just started accepting BTC, but right now I forgot the name.

haha ok i'm not in south america but i assume that doesnt matter! im just hoping to get this soon lol i cannot wait! im so excited!

Mobo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:54:10 PM

Someone crowdfunded a 70k $$ partay!! Shocked
BitPhotos (OP)

MTA, ACA

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 08:57:10 PM

Someone crowdfunded a 70k $$ partay!! Shocked

seriously!? that totes cray cray! lol Wink so im hoping that means someone will be able to fund me for a $600 camera if they can fund a $70,000 party!

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 11:43:25 PM

btcjam.com

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Warning__3

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:48:47 PM

Totally agree that crowdfunding has began to be over used, but when used proper it's awesome Cheesy

BitPhotos (OP)

MTA, ACA

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 11:57:21 PM

btcjam.com

but i cant really pay back :/

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 01:21:33 AM

btcjam.com

but i cant really pay back :/

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Localbtcbuyer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:23:02 AM

Are there actual bitcoin crowdfunding sites yet?  That are actually popular?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: