Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:18:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are ICOs gonna phase out very soon?  (Read 5353 times)
cheezcarls (OP)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 06:17:11 PM

I have been playing into some few ICO projects lately, and the reality is that I lost a lot of money due to the domination of the bear market and uncertainty of the projects going forward.

As the old saying goes, more than 90% of those projects are either scams, failed to reach soft cap, or not getting any traction in the next few months or so.

Maybe it’s because ICOs are not regulated and investors like me holds all of the risks.

Until now, there are still new ICOs emerging. However, there are also new ones such as STOs (security token offerings), IEOs (initial exchange offerings), and so on. It seems that both STOs and IEOs are already being considered the next big thing in raising crypto funds for starters.

With their ongoing emergence, are ICOs gonna be over soon? Are they gonna saturate and may phase out due to projects turning to STOs and IEOs?

I wanna know about your thoughts regarding this one, and I would greatly appreciate it whether if you agree or not with my opinion. Thank you in advance.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 06:44:14 PM

Everything is possible especially now that most of the investors have less confidence on supporting ICOs and they are now emerging another options like STOs and IEOs. Well, as for me the only constant thing in this world is CHANGE so if they are better than ICO then so be it. We are just here to support good projects.
sky_Gritzz

Activity: 402
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 06:47:25 PM

maybe yes, ico era already ended and for now are replaced by IEO, IEO is one ways for protecting investor money from fraud and scamming them, because exchanger are escrowed the fund from the IEO

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
jackflag

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

Glad to see you

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 06:47:50 PM

Everyone has known for a long time that ICO has damaged its reputation because of fraudsters.  Because of this, many investors do not want to invest money in them.  But no one says that good projects remain.
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 06:57:49 PM

Its obvious that nearly all blockchain start ups are adopting the newest means of raising fund know as IEO. In my own opinion, there is no clear cut difference between ICO and IEO because both are means of raising fund. The only difference in the two methods is just that people tend to trust IEO than ICO recently.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 07:26:29 PM

I think ICO's are less popular because of IEO's and ICO's are to risky compared to IEO's. We've seen ICO's before and seems legit at first and fucked the investors afterwards. IEO's are less risky and knowing some reputable exchanges did their due diligence to support the project.
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 08:18:25 PM

While i observe the approach in which is deployed to raise fund for starters, it is obvious ico has fade out already. Nobody is talking about ieo for fund raising for starters anymore 90% of starters are making use of ieo currently.
kalstarzz

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 08:29:25 PM

I hope the ICO project will never be deleted, because Ico is one of the means to advance the world of cryptocurrency. in my opinion we only need to tighten regulations in the ICO program, this aims to safeguard the security of prospective investors and the sustainability of a project.
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 08:29:55 PM

Well I am only thinking that ICOs will go out gradually because of this IEO phase, but anyway they call it, it still remain coin offering, the difference is that they change the method.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 08:44:15 PM

I think yes and i agree with the view that icos will be taken over by IEOs and STOs because both these types of fund raising have some kind of third party involvement that raises the investor trust level and the exchange or local authority act as a registrar and regulator and this trust factor will prove to be the game changer and next trend after so many scam and failed icos.

kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 08:57:01 PM

I do not think that icos will be wiped out completely due to simple reason that exchanges cannot cater to all fundraising projects only a limited amount of projects get filtered and accepted as ieos while dozens of other projects still need to raise funds so i think icos will remain there in a parallel way but yes interest in them may decrease due to new trend of ieos.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 09:04:45 PM

I have been playing into some few ICO projects lately, and the reality is that I lost a lot of money due to the domination of the bear market and uncertainty of the projects going forward.

As the old saying goes, more than 90% of those projects are either scams, failed to reach soft cap, or not getting any traction in the next few months or so.

Maybe it’s because ICOs are not regulated and investors like me holds all of the risks.

Until now, there are still new ICOs emerging. However, there are also new ones such as STOs (security token offerings), IEOs (initial exchange offerings), and so on. It seems that both STOs and IEOs are already being considered the next big thing in raising crypto funds for starters.

With their ongoing emergence, are ICOs gonna be over soon? Are they gonna saturate and may phase out due to projects turning to STOs and IEOs?

I wanna know about your thoughts regarding this one, and I would greatly appreciate it whether if you agree or not with my opinion. Thank you in advance.
its not imposible that ICO will still exist in future
but i think investor will pick IEO or STO because the risk is lower than ICO

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 09:06:45 PM

Maybe some ICO will still be on future, but they should focus to do IEO because most of investors will buy invest on IEOs and not on ICOs which scam a lot of people on past.
louisBSAS

Activity: 623
Merit: 11

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 09:17:46 PM

I follow the emergence of new projects in the hope of seeing the project-bomb, which can bring huge profits. However, recently promising projects have ceased to appear. There are projects on top exchanges, where fame brings the exchange and not the project, but investing in such projects is not interesting and risky.

ra_pl

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 09:27:28 PM

For ICOs i will say each day technology evolves every day,  if ICOs are not profitable for investors,  a lot of failed projects, listed pretty low when listed, scam etc. Would made ICOs phase out.
pleci

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 09:40:07 PM

I have not been able to claim with certainty, but with ICO conditions, now almost 90% are fraudulent, and I think it is necessary to consider removing ICO.
If fraudsters are not immediately prevented from continuing to become viruses, STO and IEO may be better now, except that there must be a special system to prevent fraud.
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1088

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 09:48:01 PM

I am not sure about that. Although ICO is indeed very vulnerable to scams and currently there is a heavy interest, namely the IEO, it does not mean that the ICO will soon be phased out.
At present, many projects are still using the ICO system and going well (although we have to be more careful and selective). And there are some ICO projects that are indeed successful and promising.
However, if indeed the IEO trend is bigger and bigger again, it is possible that the ICO will begin to be displaced and then abandoned.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
rafi035

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 09:51:57 PM

I am not sure about that. Although ICO is indeed very vulnerable to scams and currently there is a heavy interest, namely the IEO, it does not mean that the ICO will soon be phased out.
At present, many projects are still using the ICO system and going well (although we have to be more careful and selective). And there are some ICO projects that are indeed successful and promising.
However, if indeed the IEO trend is bigger and bigger again, it is possible that the ICO will begin to be displaced and then abandoned.

It is true that the IEO is getting more and more used, for example, the number of projects that previously sold ico is now shifting to the IEO because the trend is rising, so I think the IEO can still be profitable now.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 09:57:14 PM

It should be because it is very regrettable for good projects that continue to have very serious effects from other ICO frauds because now they do not care about ICO and move to STO and IEO, but I don't think that's where ICO will be removed because there may be a number of considerations there was a discussion that discussed everything, without the elimination of ICO, I don't mind, but fraud will always exist and it will have a very extraordinary effect on all investors, I support new innovations for the progress of reliable projects
livingfree

Activity: 2800
Merit: 578

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 10:02:38 PM

It's already starting to phase out because of the new way of investing to projects through IEOs and STOs. People are shifting there and leaving ICOs behind because it seems no longer working for most.

Although some projects are still trying their luck through ICO, we don't know what and where they will be heading. Because most of the investors now have learned that it's too much already to become a victim of failed and/or scam project.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████