Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:34:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are ICOs gonna phase out very soon?  (Read 5353 times)
Zdraste16

Activity: 442
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 09:38:43 AM

I have been playing into some few ICO projects lately, and the reality is that I lost a lot of money due to the domination of the bear market and uncertainty of the projects going forward.

As the old saying goes, more than 90% of those projects are either scams, failed to reach soft cap, or not getting any traction in the next few months or so.

Maybe it’s because ICOs are not regulated and investors like me holds all of the risks.

Until now, there are still new ICOs emerging. However, there are also new ones such as STOs (security token offerings), IEOs (initial exchange offerings), and so on. It seems that both STOs and IEOs are already being considered the next big thing in raising crypto funds for starters.

With their ongoing emergence, are ICOs gonna be over soon? Are they gonna saturate and may phase out due to projects turning to STOs and IEOs?

I wanna know about your thoughts regarding this one, and I would greatly appreciate it whether if you agree or not with my opinion. Thank you in advance.
In my opinion, the choice of a company for investment should be very clearly verified.  How much a project is real and how much effort is spent on studying it depends a lot.  To avoid risks, you can choose projects with a ready-made product and a token of a company that is already traded on the exchange.
ukloon

Activity: 798
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 09:43:48 AM

ICO's are going to die out in future, it's hard to say if they will continue after this bull run is finished. Normally bitcoin will lift everything up, but those EIO offerings are too tempting for investors and they will not have enough coins to go around for ICO and EIO.

ttcsalam
Copper Member

Activity: 1120
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 09:45:44 AM

The incident is true in most cases. However, I think it needs to be a beautiful monopoly. Otherwise, most investors will not be able to get back their invested money. Thus, if people lose capital, they will lose interest. So, however, each project requires different criteria for this.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ KeyFund ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  AUTONOMOUS YIELD TOKEN - DEFLATIONARY MECHANISM  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
attech21

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 10:05:28 AM

I dont think so,but if there are bounty projects that offers ico then this way of fundraising will not be phase out.Amd now some are saying that the IEo is much better than ICO but it depends on how the project is,even they use ico or ieo if the project is not good investors will nlt go to invest in that project.Like this project the Dencoin tokens that has the power to grow over the dump so let us invest in this project.

█████     |       E3T.co       |       IEO on Dcoin       |    █████
───────              Connecting Global Entrepreneurs              ──────
andrearz

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 10:31:20 AM

after many fraud cases carried out by the ICO there should be strict regulations to suppress fraud and also tight ICO competition because the regulations made are very strict on terms.
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 12:00:38 PM

I think they have already phased out, can't remember the last time I heard of a project going for ICO, even those that opted for ICO are now switching to IEOs, reason been that IEO tends to be a safer ground for all investors.
So I think, with time ICOs will cease to exist.

anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 12:16:34 PM

I think they have already phased out, can't remember the last time I heard of a project going for ICO, even those that opted for ICO are now switching to IEOs, reason been that IEO tends to be a safer ground for all investors.
So I think, with time ICOs will cease to exist.

Yes, there are ICO projects just look better. The fact that the guys on the wave of HYIP open and IEO is not quite bad. In general, with the project ICO all okay.

Mata Kripto

Activity: 175

guestcrew.com

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 12:27:59 PM

I appreciate your opinion, but I don't think that ico will end soon. yes even though at this time many cases of fraud ico but ico will still exist even every day always appear. besides, there are many types of projects like STO, IEO, etc., but I still believe that ico is still good and still needed by anyone.

▆▆▆▆▆▆   :[GuestCrew]:   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Earn GUEST Tokens by sharing content
guestcrew.com
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 01:13:53 PM

There are still new ICOs that are coming out in cryptocurrency field. It is very hard to say if ICOs will gonna phase out or when  will it gone. Especially that IEOs are now introduced. Let us see if ICOs are still profitable or still raises for scam projects. Some losts their interests investing in ICO and turn into new projects like STO or IEO.
Ezio_Auditore

Activity: 487
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 02:01:38 PM

I do not see any future for the ICO, many projects were just scams and threw their depositors. If earlier it was profitable ( I myself participated in several ICO ), now I do not trust them, because several projects just went nowhere.

▰▰▰▰  TRONBOMB  ▰▰▰▰
▰▰▰▰    PLAY AND EARN DIVIDENDS    ▰▰▰▰
 Dice Roll    Lucky Wheel     To The Moon 
Chuky92
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 02:38:57 PM

It's already at the brink of extinction as investors are now wise and looking for ways to safeguard themselves, thus getting involved with IEOs..
ICOs really failed the crypto space as it gave room for fraudulent individuals to make due with investors funds, also at the same thing there were little ICOs that did well and really contributed to the crypto space.
But as it stands in this space, I don't think there will be any investor who will get involved with any ICO when there are IEOs around.

taguig
Copper Member

Activity: 479
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 02:41:03 PM

Yes, it's only a matter of time, the sign that it's going to be phased out is the ICO's that cannot reach the soft cap, investors are having second thought investing in this kind of crowdfunding, they prefer IEO and STO now.
javainn

Activity: 733
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 02:51:14 PM

Everything is possible especially now that most of the investors have less confidence on supporting ICOs and they are now emerging another options like STOs and IEOs. Well, as for me the only constant thing in this world is CHANGE so if they are better than ICO then so be it. We are just here to support good projects.
we here only support a good project, if there is someone who is better than the ICO and can supervise the scam project, I think it is better to remove the ICO because the scam project that has been in the ICO has made many parties lose a lot

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 02:58:36 PM

no it wont phase out. we will just keep seeing it in different forms. people that witnessed this recent bear must have learnt so much lesson to guide them further in this space. much of it is about investing with much care. new projects will keep coming but only few will survive.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 03:01:27 PM

I have been playing into some few ICO projects lately, and the reality is that I lost a lot of money due to the domination of the bear market and uncertainty of the projects going forward.

As the old saying goes, more than 90% of those projects are either scams, failed to reach soft cap, or not getting any traction in the next few months or so.

Maybe it’s because ICOs are not regulated and investors like me holds all of the risks.

Until now, there are still new ICOs emerging. However, there are also new ones such as STOs (security token offerings), IEOs (initial exchange offerings), and so on. It seems that both STOs and IEOs are already being considered the next big thing in raising crypto funds for starters.

With their ongoing emergence, are ICOs gonna be over soon? Are they gonna saturate and may phase out due to projects turning to STOs and IEOs?

I wanna know about your thoughts regarding this one, and I would greatly appreciate it whether if you agree or not with my opinion. Thank you in advance.

Investing on ICO's are actually risky because there might come a time where the value of the token bought will hit rock bottom and might have a hard time recovering. Some ICOs' are stepping up because they do not want this to happen and create every possible way to make their token popular. Gaining popularity is a good thing for Alternate Cryptocurrencies because good promotion is hard to do. I also do not think that ICO's will be out of phase but rather will have another upgrade because founders are always looking for ways to improve what they started.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 03:03:01 PM

Yes, it's only a matter of time, the sign that it's going to be phased out is the ICO's that cannot reach the soft cap, investors are having second thought investing in this kind of crowdfunding, they prefer IEO and STO now.
They are more than interested to participate with IEO's instead of taking long wait investing with ico's where the chance of getting profits is smaller and the chance of getting scammed out is really higher, being part of ico's is taking a big risk of your money and time, you need to updates yourself about the project making you to always have some worries if what will be the results.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1004

www.licx.io

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 03:32:42 PM

most likely this system will not be eliminated. but, when the IEO showed a positive trend compared to ICO, many entrepreneurs might change their systems from ICO to IEO. well, between the two, of course I also prefer the IEO.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 03:48:23 PM

most likely this system will not be eliminated. but, when the IEO showed a positive trend compared to ICO, many entrepreneurs might change their systems from ICO to IEO. well, between the two, of course I also prefer the IEO.
now everyone is choosing IEO, but in fact, IEO is a good thing only when it is held on very large exchanges, otherwise, projects still cannot find enough money

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 05:17:45 PM

Thier phasing out might be sooner than later, as I don't see any reason within ICOs that can attract any investor right now.
ICOs had their time, while some did well, a greater number did badly and its effects is still felt till today and this bad effect is what is keeping investors away while leading them to IEOs.

rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 05:21:22 PM

Thier phasing out might be sooner than later, as I don't see any reason within ICOs that can attract any investor right now.
ICOs had their time, while some did well, a greater number did badly and its effects is still felt till today and this bad effect is what is keeping investors away while leading them to IEOs.

I did not see that the ICO would be removed and perhaps more precisely the people leaving the ICO temporarily and moving to the IEO. And one more thing you say is that the ICO cannot attract investors anymore. Actually, if you look at the overall ICO that exists today, certainly not all ICOs are like that. Because I still see that the ICO can still attract investors to invest in the ICO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: