Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:53:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are ICOs gonna phase out very soon?  (Read 5353 times)
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 01:19:04 PM

Under current circumstances the ICOs are not going to survive for a long time. If the ICO promoters want to attract investment, then they should be able to provide solid assurances to their clients. And some basic steps such as quarterly audits, keeping most of the funds in escrow, conducting a KYC of the team members.etc can go a long way in this regard.
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 01:26:04 PM

If the user himself does not need it, ico will not be there by itself without the need for deletion. because there is no more interest from the community. this is the result if they do a lot of cheating and cannot maintain trust. it will be like now where it is no longer interested
Vinalians

Activity: 819
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 01:32:19 PM

I think it's over for ICO truly, hardly will you any ICO out there doing well. IEO controls the other of the day.
Well, we can't complete our words unless it already happened right. ICO is the most profitable investment way back in the year of 2017 because that is the year that bitcoin almost reaches the $20k all-time high but after that year ICO almost got lost and there are so many complaints about it. The value of bitcoin decreases and most of ICO's turned out to be a scam. Now that the value of bitcoin is rising maybe there is still a little chance for ICO to grow again.
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 11:12:33 PM

I know everything is are possible to be happen and has an end, but not on this generation. it is because there are still decent ico exist at the present time now. Those people who are saying it was just their speculation and opinion only. And besides as long as the project has a potential to give opportunity for the investors and bounty hunters it is considerable good I guess.
Vaculin

Activity: 2912
Merit: 613

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 11:33:15 PM

I know everything is are possible to be happen and has an end, but not on this generation. it is because there are still decent ico exist at the present time now. Those people who are saying it was just their speculation and opinion only. And besides as long as the project has a potential to give opportunity for the investors and bounty hunters it is considerable good I guess.
Yes. There are still good ICOs at the moment that are giving great opportunities to investors and bounty hunters to make profits but only few and the rest are considered scams. Once ICOs are not profitable already, then it will give more chances for some other good projects to replace ICOs from its position.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 11:56:59 PM

Yes. There are still good ICOs at the moment that are giving great opportunities to investors and bounty hunters to make profits but only few and the rest are considered scams. Once ICOs are not profitable already, then it will give more chances for some other good projects to replace ICOs from its position.
Investing in the ICO was a trend when BTC made its peak prices in the early 2018 and late 2017. Good projects also lost huge value after BTC loses value but it is not the same when BTC reached new high prices. Opportunities are not coming like that every day and I am afraid of those days are far away...
elewton

Activity: 407
Merit: 100

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 12:30:39 AM

Under current circumstances the ICOs are not going to survive for a long time. If the ICO promoters want to attract investment, then they should be able to provide solid assurances to their clients. And some basic steps such as quarterly audits, keeping most of the funds in escrow, conducting a KYC of the team members.etc can go a long way in this regard.
Most of them encourage investors to participate and that's what makes many projects easy to become scam projects. Now is not the time for you to trust the ICO project because it is not as safe as it used to be and you may lose a large sum of money if you participate in poor projects. I would personally advise you to choose a better solution and that is the IEO because it will assure investors of the time it is possible to trade at that exchange or if you participate in a good project you will earn very much profit

reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 12:41:49 AM

ICO will persist but will be limited in some few years to come. Lots of attentions have shifted from ICO because of the reported issues of scam and hacked exchange sites. Now, STOs and IEOs are the order of the day because they have got well structured proceedings.
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 02:30:54 AM

ICO will not be deleted. at this time ico himself is no longer interested in the community and will eventually stop. especially now there are so many more profitable new products such as IEO or STO.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
██████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
█████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
andieoke
Copper Member

Activity: 301
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 02:56:15 AM

No, ICO will definitely continue to exist.  However, it may not be as busy as it once was, where we all know that many ICO projects failed.  Many ICOs were successful around 2017, but after that everything changed.  Over time, the ICO has now diminished a lot and now the IEO is emerging.  ICO and IEO actually have the same purpose, but the methods are different, therefore I think that ICO will continue to exist, as long as the Cryptocurrency is still ongoing.  Because there will definitely be new Cryptocurrency projects.
labenea

Activity: 327
Merit: 1

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 03:01:15 AM

of the number of new programs that have emerged as we know today STO and IEO have received public trust for several reasons. but I don't think that ICO will be deleted soon. I am sure that there are still many ICOs that use it and are still needed.

───────     Decentralized Asset-Backed Banking     ───────
██  ███  ██████     TheStandard.io     ██████  ███  ██
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 03:21:13 AM

I have been playing into some few ICO projects lately, and the reality is that I lost a lot of money due to the domination of the bear market and uncertainty of the projects going forward.

As the old saying goes, more than 90% of those projects are either scams, failed to reach soft cap, or not getting any traction in the next few months or so.

Maybe it’s because ICOs are not regulated and investors like me holds all of the risks.

Until now, there are still new ICOs emerging. However, there are also new ones such as STOs (security token offerings), IEOs (initial exchange offerings), and so on. It seems that both STOs and IEOs are already being considered the next big thing in raising crypto funds for starters.

With their ongoing emergence, are ICOs gonna be over soon? Are they gonna saturate and may phase out due to projects turning to STOs and IEOs?

I wanna know about your thoughts regarding this one, and I would greatly appreciate it whether if you agree or not with my opinion. Thank you in advance.
You already mentioned that new ICOs were emerging eeryday so still project team hopes ICOs are great way to raise fuds for them but prolem is scammers take advantage that is why IEOs become more popular these days which may take place of ICOs i future but too many IEOs will exhaust the reputation of exchange so there will be a new way of raising the funds.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
GGmith

Activity: 394
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 03:40:17 AM

no matter how bad ico, I'm sure it won't make ico disappear or be deleted on this forum site. I am still sure that I have good ico for us to follow, it's just that we have to be more careful before joining them.
Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 03:52:29 AM

I think ICOS will continue if it will be strictly regulated if not it will die, the reputation of ICOS are so bad because most projects are scam. It's better to participate on IEOS right especially on binance launchpad, if you are lucky to get in then easy money.

PaoAj

Activity: 199
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 03:57:46 AM

I don't think that it's gonna phase out at all, investors are just now aware of the consequences when a certain project fails. And as the current trend now, IEO's are changing the way of how people look at fundraising, and it's indeed effective. I've participated in an IEO that sold out their private sale and their IEO and I'm seeing better communication with the coins I'm getting, very similar to other projects that are being controlled now by these exchanges. I guess what we need is just a solid project that will successfully raise funds using an ICO and make it well known to the public that they did it the right way, and maybe that will bring the people's trust back.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 04:17:45 AM

I don't think that it's gonna phase out at all, investors are just now aware of the consequences when a certain project fails. And as the current trend now, IEO's are changing the way of how people look at fundraising, and it's indeed effective. I've participated in an IEO that sold out their private sale and their IEO and I'm seeing better communication with the coins I'm getting, very similar to other projects that are being controlled now by these exchanges. I guess what we need is just a solid project that will successfully raise funds using an ICO and make it well known to the public that they did it the right way, and maybe that will bring the people's trust back.

Indeed, i think ICOs still running in near future and many are good project. The trend right now is IEOs and investor prefer choosing IEOs from big exchangers because its profitable for short term.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 04:29:05 AM

- snip -

Indeed, i think ICOs still running in near future and many are good project. The trend right now is IEOs and investor prefer choosing IEOs from big exchangers because its profitable for short term.
I agree on the both you guys that ico will still be alive and kicking despite the fact that ico is currently recieving alot of negative news and bashes from the public just because they already see a new alternative replacement which was ieo's  .

ieo's are new and when the time comes i think other new release ieo will not be good as the earlier ieo's ( same thing happend when ico before were also new )  , so my message for the ico haters out there is that dont be confident with your ieo's , you never know maybe ieo's are going to phase out more earlier compare to ico
jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 05:52:48 AM

I believe that ICO completely compromised itself, and can no longer attract investors against the background of IEO and STO, which give investors higher liquidity and guarantees. Today, the acronym ICO is associated in many people with the word SCAM.
anume123

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 06:03:59 AM

I believe that ICO completely compromised itself, and can no longer attract investors against the background of IEO and STO, which give investors higher liquidity and guarantees. Today, the acronym ICO is associated in many people with the word SCAM.

Every ico has no longer to attract peoplr and investors to invest for their tokens. Thst's exactly what they want to say ieo is much better and and good way to gain investors.

Jpti

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 06:24:56 AM

It seems so. As IEO and STO are gaining popularity and they are getting positive responses from investors and traders, ICO is taking a last seat it seems. ICO has been misinterpreted by fake projects, thus reducing it only to cheat investors in its name. I think project should good enough not to scam investors and bounty hunters instead of blaming ICO, IEO or STO. 

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: